• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooc: yes! Lets do it *o*

Vara sat down at her table, nervously checking her watch as she sat down. He was going to be here soon. He had to be.

She looked down at her modest sundress she'd bought earlier that day. It was simple-- just white, with a gently ruffled skirt that fell to her knees.

"Hey, is that who I think it is?" Vara's head jerked up at the sound of a familiar voice, and she looked up at Zack, one of Jasmine's co-workers, the first in the Elite.

"Oh... Hello, Zack." Vara smiled up at him politely. "What are you doing here?"

"Eh, I was supposed to be meeting someone, but she didn't show." He glanced over at the table that Vara assumed he'd previously be sitting at. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, I'm meeting somebody too. But he's going to come." As she said this, she checked her watch again.

You know that awkward moment when you make eye contact with someone super special attractive for too long because it's so hard to look away from the mirror?

Shooter joked as Ales raced down the road, late to his date. Of course he was late. When he committed 'suicide', all his clothes, and his headphones are kept by Lisir and Viselc as a memento. He came to visit the famous ramen maker and take his old headphone and clothes back.

Absolute quality, style, and comfort. Ales' custom Technics RP DH 1200 headphone is actually very rare. Closed-ear designs ensure that he hear every note, folding swing-arms allow for one-sided monitoring, and a 24k gold plated stereo plugs. When he was young, Ales won't go anywhere without his favorite purple headphone.

Tonight, Ales decided not to dress like a metal kid for once. However... All of Shooter's clothes are too... Weird, and according to him, makes him looks like some manga protagonist. So he had no choice but to wear his old clothes. The one he had when he first met Vara; a sleeveless shirt with a funnel-shaped collar and an indigo stripe outlined with gold going down the middle. He also wears a yellow sweatband on his left arm, and white shorts held up by a loose-fitting belt. He wears black shoes with an indigo stripe outlined in gold, similar to the color and style of his shirt. He also wears his brand new MP3 player around his neck.

"Hey, this is my face, not yours." Ales shook his head, giggling.

"Ah, you know, that's what I thought too. Mind if I keep you company until he comes?" Zack asked, raising an eyebrow. Vara let out a sigh and looked at the door, then back at Zack.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Yeah, sit down."

"Thanks." Zack smiled gratefully and sat down on the chair across from her. "So... how've you been, Vara? You haven't texted me in awhile."

"Yeah... I've been busy, I guess. I'm sorry."

"Nah, you don't have to apologize. It's fine. I've heard you've seen some crazy stuff recently."

"What?" Vara's eyebrows went up. "From who?"

"I work with Jasmine, remember?"

"Oh. Right." Vara glanced down at the table, embarrassed.

"It's nothing to be ashamed about. I mean, it's not your fault Team Galactic kidnapped you and all."

"Almost there!" Ales muttered. Just few more steps and after that, a warm dinner and a long talk with Vara. He's been waiting for so long. For years he had waited. For years he had been sleeping inside Shooter only for this day. The day where he will have the chance to talk to her. To touch her, to embrace her once more.

I won't mess this up. I can't mess this up.

---

After a long, tiring journey, Draglos had arrived in his homeland, the Wingram Village.

Wingram Village are craggy with lots of steep hills, valleys and lakes, and sheep are farmed everywhere because the soil isn't good enough for crops. In place like this the grass is very rough and wild.

Of course, time of year makes a big difference too. Summer crops, autumn leaves, and bleak winter weather all color the landscape in their own ways. Depending on the light and what's growing, the fields can glow lavish green or gold, or look bleak and cold and dark.

Truly, this is a beautiful place where nature can live freely without any humans destroying the natural habitat. Green grass everywhere and plenty of space for little children to play.

"... Home sweet home."

"R-right." Vara glanced back down at the table. What else had Jazz told Zack about her? Jazz was trying to set her and him up the first time they met, but... She couldn't have asked him to be here, right now, could she?

She checked her watch again. Where the heck was he?

"Hey," Zack said, gently taking her hand in his. "I know this might sound a little creeperish, but you know you can count on me for anything, right? You just give me a call whenever and I'll be there for you~"

Vara smiled at him and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "Yeah, thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind..."

Almost there!

And as the boy stopped in front of Sandgem Seaside Restaurant, he instantly felt like he was struck by a lightning.

It feels like his heart spirals into a deep abyss. Shattering the warmth and confidence from within. His feeling of happiness and confidence diminishes... wherein shame and fear fills in their absence.

Sorrow that brings forth tear

A cry that he cannot hold back

Depression that cannot be controlled... It all came crashing to him like a tidal wave.

"Vara...?"

That one word is more like a plea than a question. What's she doing with that guy? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING?

"Oh. I see. I see it now. Can't believe that I'm the fool again." Ales muttered. His voice a monotone.

Vara, not noticing Ales standing so far away, let go of Zack's hand. "I'm fine right now, though. I just wish he'd show up..."

"Ah... So if you don't mind me asking, who is this guy? What's he like?"

She let out a bitter laugh. "Oh... It's a long story."

"The night is young, and so are we." He grinned charmingly and leaned back in his chair.

"Sometimes I wish I felt that way," Vara sighed and looked back at the entrance to the restaurant. She almost fell out of her chair in surprise. "Ales~"

Ales shook his head, closed his eyes, and gloomily walked away.

Forget it. he thought. I know the story. it's written all over your face. So he's the guy that is going to replace me? Why? Why you never told me anything about him?

Vasilios was right. Mortals could be bought. Mortals could be swayed.

You can't trust anybody.

Vara swore under her breath and got up from the table, running out after Ales.

"Ales! Ales, hey, wait up! I'm not involved with him, he's just a friend!"

"We WERE just a friend. Long ago," Ales whirled, and a single drop of tear fell from his eye. He was restraining himself from physically harming her. "Forget it. I'm such a fool to ever believe in your word."

"Ales... Please... Can't you trust me? I'm not dating him, we're only friends... You were late, he saw me, we started talking. Nothing funny was going on, I promise! I... I really want to talk to you!" Vara protested, tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"Please. I want to be alone."

With that, Ales turned around and sprinted away, going wherever his feet takes him.

Waking up, living on a fake happiness.

Others can't see how I feel... or how I see things...
It's lonely, feeling like this.
I know, people want to know me, but... I can't really be me.

And now... I've lost all reasons to keep living. Vara... I missed her. But why should I? I can't even touch her anymore.
I feel the pain of seeing, that is why the pain is inside... it hurts to see her with another man. When I was younger and quick to anger, I've killed a defenseless man out of jealousy.

Heh. If I knew it would end like this, I won't let her touch me because I'm afraid I'll hurt her too.

All I need is solace... So a little of company wouldn't so bad... but then again... Shooter... He suffered because of me. If I didn't used his body to sneak away at night to wander around helping people and Pokemon, he would have the time to study. What was I thinking? I'm not a Guardian. Not anymore.

I'm bad... I'm selfish... I won't let go...

Its exactly what you see! The horror I live, the evil that beats inside me... It's called my disease. My inability to see that my selfishness caused pain to those I love. That, is my disease.

... Knock it off bro, Shooter said. if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have passed the physical test with flying colors.

"You're wrong. I shouldn't have lived. I'm such a burden."

"N... No..." Vara whimpered and watched him go, tears running shamelessly down her cheeks. "GOD DAMN IT! I should have known... Should've known something like this would happen..." She let out a miserable sigh and collapsed onto the ground, starting to sob.

It took her about a minute or two to hear through the consuming sound of her own sobs to catch her phone ringing. She let it ring for a few seconds, then growled in frustration and picked up the phone without checking the caller ID.

"H-hello? Who is this?"

"Turn around." She turned her head and saw Zack still sitting at her table through the window. "Bad timing, huh?"

"Y-you have no effing idea."

That night, the mist was really thick. Ales could barely see his own feet, and the moonlight can't even reach the ground. Well, he doesn't care anyway. He got nowhere to go.
"...? Who goes there?" Ales growled as he saw a black shadow standing not too far away from him. "... Shit, it's there again."

Please not ghost. Not a fucking ghost. Ghost are just playin dirty. Can't hit em. Can't cut em, anythin...

Ales rolled his eyes at Shooter's statement and walked towards the shadow.

"... Brother?"

"... Val?" Ales' eyes widened at the recognition of the voice. Musical, mellifluous, and almost similar to his. "Vasilios, is that you?"

"Hey, if you don't want to talk to me, I totally understand. But most of the time, talking is good. If you seal all your emotions up inside and never let anyone see them, it's never going to go away. It'll only get worse. Just, if you won't talk to me, promise you'll tell someone? I care about you, Var."

Vara let out a heavy sigh and sniffled. She stood up and wiped the tears from her face, liquid diamonds grown from her grief and pain.

"I just need to be alone right now... Please don't call me again... I'll call you when I feel like talking."

"Alright. I've got no problem with waiting."

Vara let out a sigh and hung up the phone.

"Flare, go!" She threw a pokeball and her Rapidash appeared in a flash of light. Vara got on her back.

"Take me home."

(But... Vara, do you mean...)

"Yes. I want to go back to Unova. Immediately."

The first thing that the twin do was stare at each other for a moment. It was really Vasilios. His long, and smooth purple hair reached his shoulder and that violet eyes-- it reminded Ales of his mother, Queen Katleia.

"Brother!" Vasilios laughed, and drew his arm around his brother. "I knew it. You're still alive."

"... I'd rather be dead."

"... Vara, isn't it?"

"... She's with another man."

"Well, come with me! Let's go home. Everyone would be so surprised."

"No. I'm glad everyone thinks I'm dead," Ales shook his head. "You were right. Remember when we were young and you're still learning necromantic magic? You said mortals could be bought. Mortals could be swayed. Mortals could be corrupted. But not the dead."

His hands fluttered to the necklace given to Dan by that popular, soft voiced chick named Angel, which has an uncanny resemblance to Angelique Proudmoore. Somehow, it feels like the necklace is whispering to him. Whispering voices that assures him that Vara is pretty much the same as any other girls.

Well, the necklace was right.

"... You see brother, the war with Dimago is still raging. And as the king, I--"

"King?"

"... Our parents are dead."

(But... Jasmine and Diego...)

"I'll send them a message saying I'm done and go! I can't stay in this place anymore! It's... Filthy... With memories, I-I-"

(Alright, alright. I'm going.)

Flare whinnied and dashed off into night towards the Sunnyshore airport.

"Dead? Dead how?!"

"... You are gone for far too long. Our parents are dead. Robin is dead."

"No. No, not mom and dad. Not Robin..."

Vasilios sighed, and patted his twin's shoulder. "I'm sorry. Mom and dad was killed by a Dimago assassin. Robin... He was killed by a strange masked man."

For a moment, Ales was hurtled back in time when he was a child, accidentally flinging a training sword across the room, right in front the eyes of Robin Silkwood, his father's comrade and the man that was going to be his mentor. Tears of shame burned in his eyes.

And then to the time where he had so consumed by vengeance and killed a Dimago for the first time.

"You abandoned your men and left behind those who fought for you!" Robin had snapped, shoving his face up to Ales' "that's not the boy I trained. That's not king Axel's boy."

"I am no one's boy!" Ales spat, shoving Robin away. "I did what I deemed necessary."

He had half expected Robin to strike him, but instead the anger seemed to bleed away from his mentor. "What's happening to you, Ales? You can't let vengeance take over. You'll be just as vile as the Dimago." He said quietly, his voice holding a world of pain and confusion.

How many times I had disappointed him? How many times I had broken his heart? And I wasn't even there during his final stand.

"I didn't know what I should do to make up for my selfishness," Ales said, a lump in his throat.

"Join me. Join me in the war against the Dimago."

Bzzzz. Bzzzz.

The sound of her phone vibrating awoke Jasmine from her deep sleep. She let out a moan and glanced at her analog clock-- 8:30pm? Since when could she sleep so early?

"Ugh," she mumbled under her breath and grabbed the phone. A new text from...Vara? Wasn't she supposed to be on her date?

Jasmine frowned and opened the text. Four words.

It's over. I'm leaving....

"... I'll help." Ales nodded, his eyes narrowing in determination.

"That's my brother. Well, you must let the boy get some rest," Vasilios patted Ales' shoulder once again and turned around. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Sitting on a high tree branch, is Sho, holding a thick, white, poetry book labeled 'LOVELESS'. "Oh?" He raised an eyebrow as Vasilios walks up to him. "Are you done?"

"Yes. He was fairly easy to manipulate, thanks to that necklace."

The man in victorian clothes smirked.

"My friend, the fates are cruel.
There are no dreams, no honor remains...
The arrow has left, the bow of the goddess...
My soul, corrupted by vengeance
Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey...
In my own salvation,
And your eternal slumber.
Legend shall speak,
Of sacrifice at world's end.
The wind sails over the water's surface,
Quietly, but surely...."

"Loveless, act four," Vasilios chuckled, spreading his wings. "You drilled that poem into my head."

And so the prince left, grayish feather drifting to the ground lazily like a snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom