• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: switch focus to Midori and Van?

Jasmine attempted to text back, but it was too difficult to text with one arm. She gave up and hit the call button.

"Yeah?"

"Vara, what the hell did that message mean?"

"Just what it said. It's over between Ales and I, and I'm going back home."

Jasmine's eyebrows raised. She'd never heard Vara speak like that, in such a monotone voice.

"Vara... Vara, what happened? I'm sure we could figure you two guys out--"

"No! I'm done. It's over. It's just too hard. We're both totally different people now. We can't see eye-to-eye, we... oh God Jazz, he thought I was with Zack."

"Zack? Since when did that lady become part of this equation?"

"He was there... Ales was late, and he just started to talk to me. Ales saw us talking and he just flew off the handle... H-he wouldn't let me explain anything..."

OoC: I was going to do that :p

---

Sitting on Uxie Yellow Common Room, is Van, May, and Ritz.

Uxie Yellow common room is one of the airiest rooms at the Academy. It is a wide, circular room with a yellow carpet and arched windows hung with yellow and white silks. During the day, Uxie Yellow students have an excellent view of the school grounds, including the lake, the forest, gardens and the surrounding mountains. The room is furnished with tables, chairs, and mostly bookshelves. By the door leading up to the dormitories stands a tall statue of Uxie made of white marble.

The Uxie Yellow dormitories are also located in the castle, beside the statue of Uxie, with two doors leading off from the common room. One of them leads to the girls' dormitory, the other to the boys'

The door creaked open and Zane stepped inside. Actually, he wasn't allowed here, but still, Zane always found a way in.

His brown hair was pushed about slightly by the wind, and a goggle was pushed up to his forehead. Underneath it, is a headband with the word 'Rock You' on it.

"Ah, here comes trouble," Van smirked. "You're late, my friend."

Zane shook his head. "I'm not late. You came too early. Where's Ritz?"

"Here! Zane you're so cute~" With this Ritz leapt over the table, hugging Zane tightly. He clenched his teeth and started glowing red because everybody was looking. "Aw, he's blushing! Just like when we sparred before... you remember that, right? You were so stunned by my beauty that you let me win!"

The guy loosened his collar slightly, suddenly feeling quite hot. It was true that he was stunned at that time, but it wasn't completely because of her beauty. That skirt of hers is far too short... he admonished silently. ...and she kicks too damn high.

May giggled, "Come on, Zane, you're not fooling anyone. You came here
to see your TRUE love!" Zane's face showed complete confusion. May spelled out one letter at a time, "D-A-N!"

Zane grimaced, and he visibly shuddered. "Yuck..." he cursed through clenched teeth, his patience destroyed utterly by the mere mention of a thought so vile.

"Well, I don't see the kid here..." Zane muttered.

"Don't you remember? You broke the poor guy's ribs," Van shook his head. "You should go easy on him."

May was about to say something more, but Ritz cut her off. "He's right, you know," she added. "You really shouldn't spread rumors like that. Besides, we all know Zane is just saving himself for the right woman..." With this, Ritz pressed her body closer to her boyfriend, grinning suggestively.

"Hey hey, go get a room," Van laughed. "True. I love romance. It's beautiful. But we're here to make music, not watching you guys make out."

With that, Van took out his white violin from the case. "I promised Midori I'll play a tune for her. But I don't know where she is..."

"Midori? The new girl?" Zane raised his eyebrow.

"Yes. Goddess Aphrodite must be on her side. She had me on the palm of her hand. Oh yeah, she's all I need to make a new song. My inspira--"

"Yeah, stop. Just, stop," Zane rolled his eyes. "You said the same thing to May, Angel, Ritz, Evanna, Rhea, Noel, Ada, Kristen--"

"Don't name them all!"

Midori walked out of the girl's dormitory, holding her sketchbook to her chest. The homework wasn't bad-- but it did take her a good hour and a half to finish it. Now what? She could see Dan, check out the library, maybe find Joey...

She glanced around the dormitory and her eyes fell on the small group near the door. May, Ritz, Zane, and Van. She looked down at her sketchbook, remembering the sketch she'd done of Lilli for him. She wanted to give it to him, but... with so many people around, it made her nervous.

As soon as Van saw Midori standing on the stairway, he began to play his violin, and started singing in his mellifluous tenor voice.

Not sure if you know this...
But when we first met,
I got so nervous,
I couldn't speak...
In that very moment,
I found the one, and,
My life has found its missing piece.

So as long as I live I love you~
Will have and hold you~
You look so beautiful in white~
And from now to my very last breath,
This day I'll cherish~
You look so beautiful in white~
Tonight...

What we have is timeless~
My love is endless,
And with this ring I say to the world,
You're my every reason,
You're all that I believe in.
With all my heart, I mean every word.

You look so beautiful in white.
So beautiful in white, tonight.

And if our daughter's what our future holds...
I hope she has your eyes.
Finds love like you and I did...
Yeah, I wish she falls in love and I will let her go.
I'll walk her down the aisle,
She'll look so beautiful in white.
You look so beautiful in white.

He fixed his eyes at Midori, smiled charmingly and then winked. "Evening, princess Midori. Do you like the song?"

"Nice. You're lucky she's still wearing that white uniform," Zane snickered.

"No. She looks good in anything."

Midori's face flushed a bright red. "A-ah, th-thank you... that was really nice. Y-You're talented." She hated how her teeth and tongue stumbled to get around every word. This wasn't supposed to happen with Van.

"A-anyways, good evening... Um, I want to show you something, if you have a minute..."

"Well, sit next to me then," Van gestured to the chair next to him. "You like singing, don't you?"

"Oh, you like singing?" May raised an eyebrow. "Hmm, you should join the school choir."

Zane, however, looked less than happy when Midori's here. A scowl painted his face but still, Van's friend is his friend too.

... But then again, she's not so bad... Zane thought. she's kinda cute.

"W-well, y-yes, I sing sometimes... But not in front of other people, just when I'm by myself," Midori explained and sat down next to Van. "I'm perfectly content keeping it in the shower..."

She glanced down at her sketchpad and started to look through it, searching for her sketch of Lilli. "Van, do you remember when I talked to you in the library today and you showed me that picture of Lilli?"

"Yes, what about it?" Van nodded. "You're making a sketch of her?"

You see, Zane's gang has an unique habit of always gathering together in Uxie Yellow Common Room two days before Christmas Eve to sing together, at twilight when soft lavender shadows spread their gentle cloaks and the sweet scent of the ocean and flowers wafted across the land. Zane would sing Ritz to sleep in his arms, while Van would use Lili's lap as a pillow. Dan however... He loves taking pictures with May. They would take a lot of pictures together, then she would rest her head on his shoulder and when she's finally asleep, Dan would took off his cloak and use it as a blanket for May.

Now that Lili's gone and Shooter is nowhere to be found... Everything seems pretty... Boring.

"Yes," Midori nodded, smiling at Van "I'm.. Well, I think I'm almost done."

She reached the page where Lilli's sketch was and leaned slightly closer to Van so that he could get a good look at it.

"Y-You can have it, if you want."

"This is beautiful," Van smiled, pinching Midori's red cheek playfully. "Thank you. I'll keep it."

"Hey, can you draw Zane for me?" Ritz said as she saw the sketch of Lili. It looked just like her. "You're so good..."

"No no don't! I don't wanna be drawn!" Zane scowled. "Go get someone else."

Few seconds later, there was a knock on the door. It creaked open and Dan stepped inside, his face was so flat, and that ever present silly grin on his face is nowhere to be seen. "... Sorry. I'm late."

Midori's eyebrows went up. Instantly, she could feel that something was up. The aura coming from Dan... Well, maybe not Dan, maybe Ales-- seemed overpowering.

"Hi Dan, how are you feeling?" she asked, concerned.

"I'm cool," Dan scowled, throwing himself in the sofa where May sat and rested his head on her lap. "I'm just tired..."

"..."

Color rose to May's cheeks as Shooter laid his head on May's lap. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and nudged Dan a little. Dan raised his eyebrow, looking puzzled. "What?"

Dan knew that this will be their last night together. He had agreed to lend his body to Ales so he can help his twin in the war. Why? Because he would be a hero if he did. It was his dream right? Hell, he'd give his life just to be called a hero. Both Ales and he shares the same dream: to be a hero.

Tonight, all he wanted is to hold May and hear her sing. That's all. Well, being a hero is not just about medals and scars. You gotta make a sacrifice.

It won't take forever. Probably just a year. Yeah... Just a year and then everything would be back to normal.

No, everything would be better than ever. Joey, Zane, Van, and all his classmates would have graduated from the academy. The world will be more peaceful without those Dimago creatures Vasilios had said earlier.

"... Hey, May..." Dan lifted May's chin up and stared at her eyes.

She demurely looked away, and Dan caught a glimpse of sadness in her eyes. "I got a boyfriend, Dan."

Deep inside May's chest, she could hear a little voice whispering; liar

Midori couldn't look at May and Dan. Her heart throbbed painfully in her chest, watching him just lay in her lap like that.

"H-Hey, I have to go do something." She quickly stood up and began to walk back to the girl's dorm. "I'll catch all of you later..."

"Well, I have to go for a while," Van didn't bother to put his violin back in the case. Instead, he ran outside, carrying his violin. Outside, he counted the windows. One, two three, aha, Four! There's Midori's room. 104. Van quickly dashed to the window, bit his violin and quickly climbed the pipe next to the wall and knocked on Midori's window.

I'm glad Zane is like my brother... Van thought. otherwise, who else is gonna teach me how to climb like this?

"May... Please," Dan sat up and held her hand tightly. There was nobody else here. Zane and Ritz... Well, they're gone to Ritz's room when nobody was looking. Midori and Van... They got places to be and shit to do.

"Look at me, and listen close," Dan said, tears bubbling up in his eyes. "So I can tell you how I feel before I go. Just a year... It's not much time... For me to show you I am proud that you are mine."

"Where are you going? Dan, you see, I--"

"No looking back when I am gone. Follow your heart its never wrong..."

"Dan--"

Midori's hand shook as she attempted to draw the curve of her mother's jawline. The line came out shaky and looked more like a squiggle.

She'd thought, for just one minute, that maybe Dan could have been hers. How silly she was to think that.

May told me... It was over between them...

Of course, there was no way she could compete with May anyways. May was his age, beautiful, smart-- how could she have deluded herself into thinking she had a chance?

I am inadequate... Inadequate.

A single tear dripped onto the page. Midori quickly wiped the tracks it left on her cheek, but the evidence was still there.

I couldn't even figure out the truth about my dad. He couldn't even tell me... Oh God, Mama, Mama, I wish you were here.

Midori clutched her golden cross to her chest, about to open the floodgates, but a knock at her window stopped her.

She looked up and saw Van's face in the window, his mouth biting his violin. She rushed to the door and opened it.

"V-Van, what are you doing here?"

"Because," Van said as he jumped inside her room and put his violin on Midori's desk. "somebody's in a bad mood and needs a hug."

He smiled, drew his arms around Midori and tapped her back gently. Van is an old hand at making someone feels comfortable. That's why most underclassmen sees him as a big brother figure.

"Let me play a tune for you to cheer you up."

Van pulled away. He grinned, and picked Midori's bubbly, rosy cheek playfully. "Hehe, smile~"

---

"You're talking as if you're going to leave..." May frowned.

"I am," Dan sobbed, tears flooding down his cheeks, and his entire body shook as he sobbed. "This is probably the last night I'll see you..."

"What?!" May yelped, her tongue broke free no matter how much she tried to be silent. She moved uncomfortably on the couch. "Where? Are you going to study abroad?"

"You don't understand..." Dan kneeled and laid his head on her lap, his arms around her waist. "And I can't explain it. Please, let me hold you tonight..."

Midori exhaled sharply as her face flushed red. It felt like too much effort to smile. But the hug from Van had been nice and warm, so she tried her best for him.

"Alright, sure. Thank you..."

"Hehehe," Van grabbed his violin, sat on Midori's bed, and winked. "Sit next to me Midori. I'll play a nice tune for you."

Van looked around the room. It was pretty neat and tidy, unlike his room. After all, it was a girl's room. Oh well, a messy room indicates that you're a genius.

May used to yell at both Van, Dan, and Joey about how messy their room are. No matter how messy it is, Van knew where everything is.

"Angel's your room mate right? How is she?"

---

"So, this is goodbye?"

"It won't take long. Probably just a year..." Dan closed his eyes, and May wiped the tears from his cheeks. "I'm just afraid I won't see you again."

"Oh, don't talk like that. Midori and I will miss you a lot..."

Midori sat down on the bed next to Van.

"Yes," she said. "And I don't know, she's alright. I don't see her very often. I think she likes to hang out with her twin more often than me." She let out a halfhearted laugh.

"You'll get used to her and his twin," Van nodded. "Don't worry."

Van began to grip his violin. Relaxed. steady, but easy. He's like holding a fragile animal, a bird or a small rodent... He has to hold it with enough conviction that it wont flop away and fall or get hurt, but he has to be gentle so as to not crush it. His fingers moved delicately, and there's certain elegance to the technique. there's a grace and sense of refinement in the wrist angle of his fingering hand.

Soft, gentle tune filled the whole room, and each swing of Van's arm seemed to lull whoever hears his tune to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom