• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midori shut her eyes and swayed gently to the sound of the music, a small smile creeping on her face.

"H-how long have you been playing? You're so good..."

"I've been playing since I was eight," Van smirked. He put aside his white Stradivarius violin and gazed deep into Midori's chocolate eyes. "Can I take a closer took to your eyes?"

Yes, it was not proper for him to be so close to Midori like that. No, even by being in this room, Van had broke about two or three school rules.

Their lips are just inches away now, their nose already touching each other.

"Mmhm. Your eyes are pretty."

"Th-thank you," Midori stuttered, her face bright red. She'd never been this close to a boy who wasn't her dad before. Her heart started to pound loudly in her chest. She wondered-- what would happen if she leaned a little closer and pressed her lips against his?

No, that was supposed to be for Dan. But it was obvious he didn't want it. He was with May, there wasn't much she could do to change that. Still, that was no reason to share her first kiss with someone she'd only known for a day. Besides... Besides what? She completely lost her train of thought.

Van's eyes, too, were beautiful. A deep green, like the forest in the summer.

"Eheheh, you're too cute," Van laughed, pulling away from Midori and clasped her face between his hands. He then started pinching her cheeks as if he was playing with a doll. "Feeling better now?"

He's not going to kiss her. Not here, not now. He barely knew her. What would Lili say if she was still alive? She would probably hit Van with her book and gave him a disapproving gaze as she shook her head.

Heh, it was what made her special.

For some reason, Van sees a lot of resemblance between Midori and Lili, and it scared him. A lot.

Maybe that's what made him so... Attracted, to her.

---

Prince Vasilios stood gazing at the palace grounds from his balcony, the breeze playing with his hair. His lips curved into a smile as he revised his plans for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, where it all really begins. His parents will be "assassinated" by a Dimago. The Dimago tried to kill him too, but he managed to survive. The next day, he'll be crowned as a new king and the war... Yes, he can end the war sooner and at last, there will be peace.

How long has it been since he lost his sanity? The torn ruin of his mind no longer knows.

Dimly he recalls armor and banners and grim-faced Celestrian riding at his side. He remembers a battle: pain and fear as pale blue hands ripped him from his saddle. He remembers terror as they threw him into the yawning pit of the death alongside his brothers, to hear the dirge and be consumed into nothingness. In the darkness below, time left them. Thought left them. Sanity left them.

He had to see his brothers, comrades, friends, slaughtered like farm animals by those Dimago in front of his eyes.

All he had known, all he had loved-- killed by the Dimago. He could hear his own screams echoing in his ears as he dropped to his knees and drew his blade. Driven by madness, he began to slice through the Dimago horde as if they were nothing. Pain was forgotten and only revenge filled his mind.

Using necromantic magic, he raised his slain brothers as a living dead to wreak havoc amongst the Dimago.

The Dimago demanded war. In the belly of the great nothing, he was granted a new purpose: to spread chaos across the land, to rally the sleepless dead against the Dimago. He was to become the Undying, the herald of the Dead God, to rise and fall and rise again whenever his body failed him. To trudge on through death unending, that the dirge might never end.

Midori laughed. "Yeah. Thank you, Van~"

She was glad he hadn't kissed her, at least not yet. Maybe sometime later when they both knew each other better.

OoC: timeskip to 12.00

--

"Dammit Zane, you couldn't wait for ONE more day?" Van sighed. He was sitting alone in Snowpoint Station, waiting for the midnight train that will take him to Jublife City.

Van has five Dragon Pokemon that could fly. Three of them are in the school's daycare center, so he couldn't take them now. Unfortunately, Zane took the two remaining pokemon because "Ritz is afraid of night train"

Just great. The principal is going to send all of the students home tomorrow so they could celebrate christmas with their family, but nooo, Mr Badguy always have to break the rule.

"...... Eh...." On the corner of his eyes, Van saw a girl standing alone in the platform. She wears black, lacy victorian era dress, and Van remembered that it was the old girl's uniform in snowpoint academy. The new girl's uniform is knee-length white dress, not black. Her honey blonde hair reaches her waist, and her figure seemed so... Nostalgic.

Van felt like he was staring at Lili's back, and he shuddered.

"...."

Everyone in the castle seems to be asleep, Midori thought as she looked out the window. Everything was dark and quiet. Normally the night is peaceful, tranquil, but something about this night is eerie. Spooky. Not normal. The hairs on the back of her neck prickled.

I'm just overtired. A lot has happened within the past few days... It's getting the better of me. I should have been asleep a long time ago.

Fall passed, as all Fall must, and winter came to Snowpoint Academy again. Dan found that staying up late the night before, sipping wine and filling eggs with candy and other treats for the younger students in the academy, was not a boring task if May and Joey was there to accompany him and called him "Santa for a day."

"Come to my house this Christmas! Joey will be there too! And perhaps I can drag Midori with me..." Dan said suddenly. May looked up at him, holding an egg carefully in one hand, brushing a lock of brown hair from her face with the other.

"I can't. I'm going to visit my parents at Kanto..."

"Then I'll come visit you for Christmas, and you can come for New Year!" Dan grinned, the annoying smile that is only his painted his face.

May shook her head and laughed at him. "You're so persistent. I'll try then."

"No. You WILL come!"

She smiled, still a little shy after all this time, her cheeks turning pink.

"Aaah, fine, fine, you got me..."

Except, everything didn't went as planned. The next day, 23th December, when the caretaker of the academy was about to open the gate to the train station for the students, he was shocked to find two police officer standing there with a gloomy face.

The officers brought a shocking news. A student was found dead at the station. A good looking young man with stylish blonde hair who enjoys La Bohème and can tell the difference between bottles of 1938 and 1941 Moët et Chandon just from the sound of it being poured. None other than Paul Van Drake.

May burst into tears as soon as the Headmaster announced this shocking news and Dan wondered why everything bad seemed to happen in winter.

Yesterday, the sky was black velvet, the stars small icy diamonds against the soft darkness, and moonlight made everything look still and magical.

No one at the academy would have guessed they would lose a big brother figure the next day...

Headmaster Lucius said that Van was found completely drained out of blood, and that it was probably an attack by a wild Crobat.

How unfair life is. Van just left like someone that would sit next to you in a train. Why Van? Why don't just somebody else? He still got plenty of things he wanted to achieve before he died, but now...?

"'You know guys,'" Van said that time, when everything was alright and they were all together. When the soft lavender shadows spread their gentle cloaks and the sweet scent of the lake and flowers wafted across the land. "I hate seeing quiet people and I can't help but pester them. I mean, how are they expect to make any friends?"

"We're going to our own path once we graduate anyway. Why do I have to make friends with those losers?" Zane had replied, looking at Dan as he said losers. Dan just rolled his eyes and muttered 'whatever'

"Seriously Zane? For a grown man, that's kinda naïve. So you're saying if it's not forever, there's no point in getting close to anyone?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Listen buddy, even if we are all best friends, there would come a time when life would pull us apart. There's no guarantee you'll even get to say goodbye." Van smiled, throwing himself to the ground across Dan and Zane and stared up at the sky. "But before that happens, you get to be together, right? You can't waste all that potential for a rewarding relationship. Yup, expand our horizontals!"

"You mean horizon, noob," Dan chuckled, just before he was almost kicked into the lake by Zane, and Van.

Expand the horizon, huh?

No matter what, Van is in a better place now, and Dan learned a lot from his death.

The world ends with you. If you don't push your horizon as far as you can... You're not living to the fullest. Maybe that's what Van was trying to say.

2 days later

"Hey," Dan smiled sadly as he, Midori and Joey approached Van's gravestone. "How are ya man?"

The snow drifted lazily down the gray sky. Although Dan isn't wearing his coat, he didn't feel the cold. Maybe because he was used to it, or maybe he's just too sad to feel it.

With a rose in hand, Dan kneeled and put the flower in front of his gravestone. He closed his eyes for about a minute and then rose. "... Merry Christmas, my friend."

"... Is that daisies and lilies?" Joey said, as he realized flowers started to grow in front of Van's gravestone. "Flowers such as daisies, are symbols of purity and innocence. Some mythologies depict flowers that grow only where those of brave, pure or heroic natures have died and passed on... Van must be happy up there."

"Yeah. Besides, this isn't a grave," Dan smiled as he looked up to the birds in the horizon. "This is a place where a hero begins his journey."

Midori said nothing as she gently laid a picture frame down next to the gravestone. It was a sketch she had drawn of Van after he had come into her room to play violin with her. It was eerie, how he died that very night. Since the morning the principal had announced they'd found him dead, there had been a huge pit in her stomach. If only there was something she could have done. There must have been something she could have done.

It doesn't matter now, she thought to herself and wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. What's done is done... There isn't anything I can do about it now...

Yet, still, when she looked at his sketch, at his sweet smile, it sent a shiver through her bones.

Dan patted Midori's shoulder gently, and Joey held Midori's hand to let her know everything's gonna be alright.

"Well," Dan grinned, his fist clenched tightly in front of his chest. "No use sitting here teary eyed! Let's just let that dude rest in peace. Forget about the stuff we can't change, and enjoy the now! Look, there's plenty of ammunition for a snowball fight and what not. In times like this, you just gotta let yourself go!!"

With an annoying laughter, Dan cartwheeled, pulled a double backflip and ran off, yelling in both frustration and happiness.

"Well, that's him alright," Joey raised his shoulders, looking at Midori with a smile. "Nothing can keep him down for long. Shall we?"

---

"Wait, you're leaving? No, don't leave!" The high pitched, panicked voice of Ritz echoed through the empty corridor. "You have to stay...!"

"Sorry," Zane shook his head, giving Ritz a last kiss on her forehead. The brown haired man put on his hood, and walked away. "We'll meet again, though. Don't worry..."

"I'll make you stay..."

Midori looked into Joey's eyes briefly, then she looked shyly at the ground. "Um, sure."

She pulled her coat tighter against her. The teeth of the winter breeze bit at her exposed skin as she squeezed Joey's hand to say thanks, then she let go.

When Zane realized what's happening, it was almost too late. He quickly whirled, and stared in fear as Ritz stares at him with blank eyes, her hand holding a scissor.

"Ritz, no..."

"I've given you everything I have. I would give you my life if you asked for it," she said in a monotone. "I just want your attention. Is it too much to ask?"

"You don't understand!" Zane gritted his teeth, placing his hands on her shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly. "Please. Just let me go for a few months. I'll come back to you. I promise."

"LIAR!!" She screamed. Her voice echoed throughout the corridor. "If I can't have you, then nobody can!"

She pushed Zane backwards, and almost stabbed his stomach with her scissor, did Zane not jumped out of the way.

"Snap out of it!!"

---

"... Am I hearing voices?" Dan scratched his head, and ran off towards the sound of the scream.

"... What's up with Dan?" Midori asked, frowning as she saw him shoot like a bullet off his intended path towards the snowbank. Has Ales taken him over again? she wondered.

Draglos was standing by the edge of a small pool - not more than ten feet from side to side in a wood. The trees grew close together and were so leafy that he could get no glimpse of the sky. All the light was green light that came through the leaves, but this green daylight was bright and warm.

It was the quietest wood you could possibly imagine. There were no birds. Only the soft, gentle breeze and the enchanting hum of the cicadas.

The pool he is standing next to was not the only pool. There were dozens of others - a pool every few yards as far as his eyes could reach.

Well, it's called the Eterna Forest for a reason. This forest, located near the beautiful flowerbeds of Floaroma, is the home to many Dimago. Travelers or people that wanders inside the forest are often lulled to sleep by the forest and suddenly, they are already at the forest's exit.

Lost travelers who fell asleep at the forest and suddenly awakes at the forest's exit sometimes speak of an impossibly beautiful woman who peered at them from deep among the trees, then vanished like a dream.

It was none other than Camellia, a human raised by the Dimago, who took those travelers away and keep the Dimago village hidden.

The only problem is the mansion in the forest, inhabited by a woman and a Gallade, though, a white haired man occasionally visits them.

Of course, the Gallade is aware of the Dimago's presence. The chief of the Dimago village had made a pact that no Dimago should harm or come near 'Madam Elisabeth', and in return, he would cover up their existence.

Everyone's happy. The lady in beautiful dress can enjoy her tea time happily in the garden without realizing there are fallen angels around her.

But things are not going to be the same now. No matter how hard Draglos tries to convince Garona that Eterna Clan -- yes, that's the name of the Dimago clan of this forest -- is not ready to join the front lines at the war, he wouldn't listen.

He had insisted that "one blade could make a big difference in a war."

Yes, he had freed countless Dimago from prison, and is revered as a war hero, but to fight alongside a Blood Dimago just doesn't feel right.

The Dimago took a deep sigh. He hefts a massive slab of black metal he calls a 'sword' and raised it high, closing his eyes.

"I swear on this sword," he said. "I'll protect everyone."

---

"Ritz!" Dan yelled, glancing at Zane who stood speechless and back at Ritz, who is looking at him fiercely. "Whoa, seriously! Be cool, take a deep--"

"You're tying to take Zane away from me too?!" She screamed even harder that Joey suddenly turned his head towards the voice.

"Oh boy..." Joey shook his head. He ran off, leaving Midori behind, because he knew, that voice is none other than Ritz's

Ritz is so... Unpredictable. Her mental is unstable, and the only thing on his mind is Zane and Zane. She will never, ever share him, nor will she accept any kind of rival; to her, other girls are nothing but enemies, even though she's as sweet as a candy in front of others. But when she starts talking nonsense, she is being put under stress. This stress is based on the belief that Zane being unfaithful or planning on leaving her.

When that happens, keep away all sharp things. If she got a sharp object in her hand, then God helps everyone near her. After she's done throwing her tantrum, she would burst into tears and no one, except Zane, could calm her down.

What possibly could happen this time?

"It’d be great if you looked only at me," She said, tears running down her cheeks as she dropped her scissor and kneeled. "Yes, only at me… Zane, you can’t look at any other girls! I’d look only at you, so you should look only at me. It‘s only fair, right?!"

"Ritz..." Zane said, kneeling beside her. "This has nothing to do with girls..."

"Then why do you leave?!" She cried even harder, and her body shook with each sob, even though Zane is holding her. Dan, secretly picked up the scissor and hid it on his coat pocket.

Zane swept her off the floor, and walked towards the Uxie Yellow dorm.

20 minutes later, in front of Uxie Yellow dormitory

"She cried herself to sleep. Tch, I didn't know she was carrying a God damn scissor..." Zane scowled, as he fixed the position of his shoulder bag. "Thanks anyway. I'm leaving now."

"... Dude, you sure about this?" Dan frowned. No matter what, Zane is his rival. And though he won't admit it, both of them has mutual respect for each other.

"Yeah. Besides, you and May can take care of her while I'm gone."

"... But I'm leaving as well..." Dan said sadly, trying not to look at Midori because he never told her anything.

It's okay, Dan. I already know, I'm not going to go psycho scissors on you, Midori thought. Ritz was obviously very unstable, having built her entire life around Zane. She hoped Ritz would have cooled down by the time Zane returned, for his sake.

"Why would you want to leave? To be honest... I don't want to leave the school..." Dan sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "I mean... Come on! This school is so awesome! For example, Headmaster Lucius and his deceased wife is a nice couple that built school!"

Dan laughed as the four of them began to walk towards the school gate.

"And we got a really stuck up snooty teacher that always, ALWAYS calls on you when you don't know the answer!" Dan shook his head, remembering all the times he had to stood up for the whole period as a detention because he can't answer anything. "And the chef man? Rumor has it she sticks the body parts of humans in her cooking! But yeah, it's still tasty but damn. She's scary!"

"And our english teacher is an old guy with really deep voice who reads to the class. The kind of teacher you can go to with your problems..." Joey added. "Oh! And that biology teacher that talks to his plants! On the plus side, he always takes the class out on field trips..."

"And Midori? Your homeroom teacher is a very crazy art teacher. Has no problem with throwing apples at the students. Good luck with that..."

"And the hell is your freaking point?" Zane scowled. "Quit babbling dammit!"

"My point? I don't wanna leave the school. Why? You remember Ms Raine? The teacher that always gives you a boner. I'd try not to have to sharpen my pencil or stand up in her class. Hell, I even write in a super small writing so she'd have to bend down to see it!"

The four of them arrived at the school gate and Zane laughed. A real, if hurting, laugh. "Well. I suppose this is goodbye. Stupid Mexican, weak kid, take care of the shy new girl."

"Hey Zane," Dan smirked as he shook his rival's hand one last time. "The memories of our time together. I hope you can always remember it."

"We are far from being friends," Zane turned his back, walking towards the train station. "But I suppose wishing the same for you wouldn't hurt either."

---

"Alright, who the fuck took my-- JASMINE!!!!!!!!! DIEGO!!!!!!!! ELISA!!!!!! PRETTY BOY!!!!!" Twitch screamed from his office. His voice echoed throughout his office and probably, everyone at the league could hear it. Well, everyone save Elisa, who put a soundproof door because according to her, "Ernest's voice is so enchanting that it gives me headache."

He slammed Jasmine's office door open and glanced around the room. "You got thirty seconds to tell me where the hell is my Pokenav!"

"Goodbye, Zane... Bye Dan... I'll miss you." Midori stared at the ground, her face flushing a bright red. "U-um... Take care of yourselves, okay? Wh-wherever you're going... And um... D-Dan, uh..." She shut her mouth quickly before she said anything she'd regret.

"What the hell, Ernest?!" Jasmine snapped, springing up from her chair. "Don't just come in here yelling like a whiny bitch! These goddamn pregnancy hormones aren't easy to deal with, y'know! I might be carrying a baby, and I might have a bad arm, but I can still screw you up pretty good! I don't have any frigging idea where your PokeNav is, now screw off!"

"I'll miss ya too Midori..." Dan grinned. "Remember, pull a prank on mr garland, the crazy geography teacher! I'll be thankful!"

"Or she'll get destroyed trying.... better don't do it, Midori..."

----

A loud beep was heard in the room. Jasmine's pokenav Led flashed red, a sign of a new message. oddly, the sender is Twitch...
The message is quite short. "Come to the Sunnyshore cafe this afternoon."

"I-I'm not really a prank person," Midori stuttered and her face flushed a light pink.

"... Twitch, someone else has your PokeNav," Jasmine said. "Whoever it is wants me to meet them at Sunnyshore cafe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom