• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

Musajirou

I love Rockets okay
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/#!/Pokemon_Radio

Team Rocket's Secret Empire

I'm Team Rocket's Sakaki. Using this twitter we set out to widely recruit members and conquer the world. So gather under the name of Team Rocket! The catch-phrase is "“Pokemon Radio show! It's Team Rocket's Secret Empire!".

This radio show is the most probbaly the result of this idea:
It's been mentioned in this thread before, but I'll put a little remainder: a year ago, Megumi Hayashibara told Pokemon's sound director Masafumi Mima that she wants him to prepare a "Team Rocket's Late Night's Radio" for the TRio to appear in. He agreed to that idea, but nothing more was heard about it since then until now. Here's what Masafumi Mima (who's a great TR's fan himself) said a few days ago on his Twitter:

Masafumi Mima said:
The TRio - Nyasu, Musashi and Kojiro's radio programme that only adults could listen to! I think it would be fun... Why did they become cool Team Rocket? Or, something they can't talk about openly, such Team Rocket's considerations... About guests... Sakaki-sama? Sonansu? Gureguru? Alright! Even if it's just a proposal, I'll write it! But, where should I submit it?"

I personally think it's an awesome idea for the anime promotion :D
It looks like we're going to learn many secrets of Team Rocket's organisation. I hope some things will get explained!

Last edited:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I knew certain people behind the scenes wanted this to happen... but I didn't think it really would! ;_;

And for anyone doubting this, the official Pokemon Movie blog linked it.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

This idea has a fresh, untapped flavour!

All I can say is - awesome! Hopefully we will have a Japanese speaker who can translate what they said. :D

Tbh, it's not official that this radio show is going to be adult-oriented as it was only Mima's idea - idk how it was received in the end by "higher-ups". Plus, I'm not sure what he meant by it being "adult" (some Japanese fans were wondering if they're going to tell dirty jokes on air xD;). I asked him about that, but he didn't give me the answer I expected, he just said that "he thought it would be a fun idea". Well, sure thing xD

What an interesting marketing tool for the upcoming Team Rocket/Meloetta special(s). Kudos to them for thinking of an original way to spread hype. It's really cool.

A Pokemon radio show? For ADULTS? RUN BY GIOVANNI? Incredible.

It is all the fan energy that has been put out across space and time for Giovanni and Team Rocket in the last two years or so. Clearly they picked it up. LOL

This was posted on the Pokemon movie blog? It's a stretch, but could that possibly infer that Team Rocket will be involved in an upcoming Pokemon movie?

This is the dumbest thing I have heard all day. Who the hell makes a Twitter and goes on radio to promote a mafia, PUBLICLY?!?! This makes Twitter canon in the Pokemonverse. I wouldn't be surprised if the blue bird is a Chatot.

The fact that it's so silly makes me want to hear and understand what they're saying more. Maybe we will finally get a shred of personality from Sakaki. 15 years.... 15 years....

I get the feeling that Megumi and company are doing as a way to let out the Team Rocket of old, instead of the characterless clones we've seen in BW so far.

This was posted on the Pokemon movie blog? It's a stretch, but could that possibly infer that Team Rocket will be involved in an upcoming Pokemon movie?

The movie blog posts about lots of non movie events.

You'd think they'd just get a regular blog, but I guess using that for everything is easier.

MMM I wonder if this has any chance of translation they will probably just webcast it (I refuse to say podcast because that format existed before I pod) the will probably easy to sub anyways if they are short. This sort of thing is short right?

Uh...oh...the "A" word. :0

How long before someone calls in and asks why Team Rocket sucks now?

(and if Giovanni killed himself in HGSS)

I doubt it'll be a call in show. It's extremely hard to get all the VAs together at the same time.

Edit: New tweet! https://twitter.com/pokemon_radio/status/208791333412945920

The gist of it is "Good, Persian." Then talking about how a lot of people have gathered, but their mission isn't complete yet. And everyone needs to gather under the Rocket-Dan.

I wonder how many followers they're waiting for. They currently have 1,384.

And how about telling us where you've been for the past year Sakaki? :p

Edit 2: They just hit 1500 followers. The first tweet was 15 hours ago, so they're averaging 100 followers an hour. Wow.

Last edited:
OMG, this has so much potential to be an awesome thing! They already have 2023 followers.

The new tweet is:
"What a good pet. Persian. The members are gathering one after another. But, to complete the mission, it's still not enough. People of the whole world! Gather under my command."

I'm excited like a child <3

Its getting me more and more excited for the next mission, hopefully this lives up to the hype.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom