• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

Oh, oh, Kojiro just tweeted...
It doesn't look like they'll be doing the show today? He hasn't got the script? And Sakaki is still busy with Operation Tempest, and doesn't really care? WTF is going on?!

Pokemon_Radio said:
"I heard today's guest was Matsumoto-san but it wasn't true!!?" Guest? A guest for what program? To us, it doesn't matter anymore...
Kojiro seems quite down in the latest tweets. I don't know, but he sounds sad...

Do you think it was because of the typhoon that is approaching Tokyo, or were they bluffing? What are they even doing? IDEK.

Mima is trolling us. There's going to be a show, but Kojiro doesn't know it yet.

Sounds like Nyasu is sneaking into the studio to check out the situation.

Also, Interfm is airing the regular ads for the show.

Kojiro is so pissed off now that he started the 1000th tweet with one big, juicy "SHIIIT". People on twitter seem to be angry too. That was so OOC for Satoshi to pull something like that off, but yet everything makes sense now. Anyway, I hope that Rockets will get their sweet revenge for that :>

Why yes, I'm pissed off too.

EDIT: Oh, that was 1001st tweet, Musashi's was the 1000th.

Kojiro is so pissed off now that he started the 1000th tweet with one big, juicy "SHIIIT". People on twitter seem to be angry too. That was so OOC for Satoshi to pull something like that off, but yet everything makes sense now. Anyway, I hope that Rockets will get their sweet revenge for that :>

It may be OOC for BW Satoshi, but I feel it fits his personality from the original Kanto series. Which is nice for a change.

Haha, I knew this would happen. Most likely they're going to want TR's fate to remain ambiguous after the ep airs next week, so its basically turned into the Ash and friends show.

I wouldn't be surprised if next week Takeshi's VA comes on it, especially since we just had Misty and he recently played Marlon in the BW episode.

This is a very interesting development! I like the drama of it.

Do you think the point of this was to rally more support behind JJ&M?
Like, I think I'm getting confused... So they're pissed because they were going to have Ash on the show, but he didn't show up? But they've never done a show with a character, only their "friends"... And they know Ash is locked up, right?
I'm still wondering if this was all a plan (which, due to timing, feels like it), or if the typhoon is having some sort of impact and they're running with it.

No, they had no plans to have Satoshi in the show. They thought Sakaki calling last week was real, so they were all depressed about no radio today. Then Satoshi suddenly takes over the show and they get PISSED he tricked them.

This must have been planned since last week. Like I said Satoshi suddenly appeared at the end to do the credits, so this must have been their plan to try and fit the radio show in-between a two part episode.

There are also many people who do not consider the radio show... I spend my time to explain the radio show in all the forums I visit but many french fans of the anime pokemon do not even consider this as official.

It doesn't have to be canon to be entertaining for them.
It IS canon.

It is? Could you please tell me where it was told that it's canon? Thanks.

Why would the anime keep promoting something that isn't canon?

There's a difference between saying that something is official and that something is canon. A Canon is the storylines, characters, settings, events, universes that make up a fictional story. This doesn't actually take place in-universe, in-story. This is official, but in no way is it canon, in no way does this actually take place in-story and in-universe. This is inspired by and tries to reference events in the canon, but it's pretty much officially back glorified fan fiction. If it's ever mentioned in-universe that TR went to a secret radio station to broadcast interview with in-universe voice actors talking about how they voice in-universe characters to talk about everything and nothing.

Except it does take place in universe. Just like the movies and specials.

Glorified fan fiction is a bit much don't you think? It's not like people outside of the show are working on this.

There are also many people who do not consider the radio show... I spend my time to explain the radio show in all the forums I visit but many french fans of the anime pokemon do not even consider this as official.

It doesn't have to be canon to be entertaining for them.
It IS canon.

It is? Could you please tell me where it was told that it's canon? Thanks.

Why would the anime keep promoting something that isn't canon?

There's a difference between saying that something is official and that something is canon. A Canon is the storylines, characters, settings, events, universes that make up a fictional story. This doesn't actually take place in-universe, in-story. This is official, but in no way is it canon, in no way does this actually take place in-story and in-universe. This is inspired by and tries to reference events in the canon, but it's pretty much officially back glorified fan fiction. If it's ever mentioned in-universe that TR went to a secret radio station to broadcast interview with in-universe voice actors talking about how they voice in-universe characters to talk about everything and nothing.

The only point of canon is for people with time to waste to start retarded fight over what is and isn't.

(Whereas the point of cannons with two Ns is to win the aforesaid retarded fights)

Last edited:
Except it does take place in universe.

So last week was about Kasumi talking about how she was 19 and in college when she started voicing herself? Doesn't seem very in-universe to me.

Just like the movies and specials.

Some of which actually do take place in universe, have been referenced in the show, etc.

Glorified fan fiction is a bit much don't you think?

Fine, let's call is a frustrated voice actors' vanity project. Happy?

It's not like people outside of the show are working on this.

Which makes it official, but does not necessarily makes it canon. Take any franchise and you will see works based on it, greenlit by the owners, even having some people working on the source material attached to it be released that isn't canon.

Which makes it official, but does not necessarily makes it canon. Take any franchise and you will see works based on it, greenlit by the owners, even having some people working on the source material attached to it be released that isn't canon.

Take any franchise, and you will find fans with delusions that the authors actually have a fixed idea of what is and isn't canon.

And if you want to get downright technical and argue there's only "one" pokémon canon, and the rest are official works that aren't canon, then it's the games that are canon, and the anime's just another "official work" or whatever.

Fine, let's call is a frustrated voice actors' vanity project. Happy?

Happy you're insulting well respected voice actors for no good reason? No, I'm not.

So can we just end this pointless debate?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom