• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 025 (Dec 16th, 2012) - Akeno Watanabe

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
No drama today. They just did an ad for the new blu-ray movie box and Keldeo blu-ray release.

During the interview Zuruggu appeared and Musashi and Kojiro found him cute. lol. Shootie was mentioned but I'm not sure what was said. Musashi also called Kojiro "Kojiro-kun" which was kinda weird. Akeno requested Rocket dan no Eien ni.

The last segment was drawing, but they also mention they'll be exchanging Christmas presents next week! :-D

Musashi

A-OtBS9CYAAS2RQ.jpg:large

Kojiro

A-OsxWzCAAA4Ope.jpg:large

Nyasu said Kojiro's drawing was sexy...

Nyasu

A-Osoe2CUAAlIPj.jpg:large

After they finish drawing, Sakaki calls! He mentions N and how they'll be back in the anime next year, so next week will be the last radio episode. Kojiro is currently being all dramatic about this on Twitter.

Speaking of Twitter, there's a contest to win the mug that they use!

A-OwQQxCQAAAqOl.jpg:large

50 people will be randomly chosen from the entries. You need to include the privacy policy, and send your postal code, address, name, age, telephone number, and write your impressions of the program by the 23rd.

No drama today. They just did an ad for the new blu-ray movie box and Keldeo blu-ray release.
I'm still saying it was a drama. A drama and an ad in one.

After they finish drawing, Sakaki calls! He mentions N and how they'll be back in the anime next year, so next week will be the last radio episode. Kojiro is currently being all dramatic about this on Twitter.
Your trolling is futile, Mima.

I bet this time it will be Plasma that's behind this. They take over all the places, so Rockets' radio will meet this fate too... I warned you, Kojiro.

Speaking of Twitter, there's a contest to win the mug that they use!

A-OwQQxCQAAAqOl.jpg:large

50 people will be randomly chosen from the entries. You need to include the privacy policy, and send your postal code, address, name, age, telephone number, and write your impressions of the program by the 23rd.
They should be using Team Rocket brand ones, not Pikachu xP

So are they going to pull this "today's the final episode!" thing every thirteen weeks or so?
Oh, interesting, I haven't noticed it earlier... I hope it's just a coincidence, because if it's going to happen every 13 episodes it would be... annoying and just meh :p

Can anyone enter? Or only people from Japan? I'd love to send one! Although they'd probably laugh at my horrible attempt at grammar in Japanese XD

I think the radio show might really end this time since TR are returning in the N arc.

Its obvious the only reason this exists was for the TR fanbase who didn't get to see their characters in the show for a long time. Although I don't think TR will start appearing in every ep again, but who knows.

I also think they kinda exhausted ideas for this Radio show by now, other than bringing in other VA's to talk with, what else is there to do?

I also think they kinda exhausted ideas for this Radio show by now, other than bringing in other VA's to talk with, what else is there to do?

... Hasn't bringing in VAs to talk with been the entire point of the show? I don't see how being left with that means they're out of ideas.

I think the radio show might really end this time since TR are returning in the N arc.

Its obvious the only reason this exists was for the TR fanbase who didn't get to see their characters in the show for a long time. Although I don't think TR will start appearing in every ep again, but who knows.
Reasons why I think it's NOT the end:
1. Mima didn't say anything on his official twitter. If it was the end indeed, trust me, he would.
2. Kojiro pretty much hinted that this is all trolling in the twitter chat today by saying things like "we'll see what reality will show soon" and "we'll be back someday!".
3. We've been fooled like this before.
4. Team Plasma is taking over pretty much everything lately. They took over Pokemon twitter, why not Rocket radio (and maybe twitter too).
5. Rockets still "don't know" what's the deal with Plasma.
6. Kojiro was all dramatic in the twitter. As far as I know it means we're being trolled.
7. Come on, popular radio shows don't end after 5 months.
8. They say that the last episode is in a week, but we know arleady there's going to be another episode in 2 weeks too.

No, they didn't? Just because it's not interesting for you doesn't mean it's not interesting for the fans.... Tbh, guest part is the one I like the least (just because I don't care about all these people xD;), while I just LOVE their mini-dramas. And those will never get old. Of course it's hard to understand many things even for me as my Japanese is far from perfect and this show isn't making it easy either, but I still have more fun than I expected I'd have.

I'm not sure how many anime radio shows you listened to, but this one is definitely the one that stands out. Especially considering that it's not Megumi, MikiShin and Inuko who are the personalities, but Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu... and they succeed to be in character without even a script. Just hearing them talk is fun. I think this is what makes this show especially interesting.

Can anyone enter? Or only people from Japan? I'd love to send one! Although they'd probably laugh at my horrible attempt at grammar in Japanese XD
They said "all members" so I guess they mean it XD Oh, and the winners will be chosen by lottery.

... Hasn't bringing in VAs to talk with been the entire point of the show?
No. Definitely not ENTIRE point. The main point of the radio was to let Rockets talk about whatever they want and creating a show in which they would be the main stars. They follow some general schedule, yes, but apart from that, they're pretty much free to talk whatever. You'd think "But then they can talk what they want in the anime". Well, the point is, they can't. They can get away with much more things in the radio.

This is why I don't think that the radio show would end only because they come back to anime. They'd need much more reasons than that.

It still costs money to buy the air-time for this radio show to actually air in Japan. Not sure how much longer the people in charge are willing to spend money on something that is very niche for only a certain group of fans.

I think that's actually why they bring in VA's who have nothing to do with TR and are for other characters, they're probably trying to expand it a bit so it can appeal to more people.

It still costs money to buy the air-time for this radio show to actually air in Japan.

All the ads are for Pokemon related products and TV Tokyo owns Interfm. I really don't think they're spending that much money.

Not sure how much longer the people in charge are willing to spend money on something that is very niche for only a certain group of fans.

I think you should check out what other shows air before talking about niche audiences. :p This is hardly the only radio show for an anime currently on the air.

I dunno if it's actually ending...
but I will fall for it every time. XD

Damn, I hadn't listened, and so I didn't send anything in. Next time?

OMG, I am so excited to hear the present exchange! :D

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom