• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
The show starts off with the premiere of the chorus version of Rocket Dan yo Eien ni! The song and motto get a new badass remix that better be on the new CDs.

The TRio mention that it's the final episode and their return to the anime next year, as well as N, who they have no clue who he is. Musashi and Kojiro then wonder who Nyasu got for the final guest. Turns out he didn't get anyone! Musashi gets mad and Kojiro cuts to commercials. When they get back they find that QQ has sent them a huge present! Nyasu has trouble getting it open, and Musashi thinks it's a fridge. Finally it opens and...

A-yr7JpCQAE6hvW.jpg:large

A-yr-4GCUAA9RBe.jpg:large

It's Ayana Tsubaki! Don't know who she is? She's a Japanese transsexual TV personality and fashion model who doesn't work on the show, she's just a huge fan of the TRio! She only watches Pokemon for them and her favorite episodes are TRio focused ones. Then the twitter tweets an awesome cake she brought them!

A-ytAA2CUAA7h0_.jpg:large

A-ytH-mCcAAIRkA.jpg:large

During their talk the TRio say what they like about each other. Here's what Musashi said about Kojiro. Thanks to @Jeshi; for translating.

she said that he's always behind her and she doesn't feel like she's alone, she thinks she's alone and then she notices him behind her

Creeper Kojiro! XD

Ayana then requests Maemuki Rocket Dan and leaves.

As they wrap up the show, they reminisce about the dramas they like. (Jeshi is a very kind girl!) QQ then comes by and talks about the upcoming CDs. Apparently if the CDs sell really well, the show will come back next summer!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Pokemon-Rad...UXRG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356117279&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Pokemon-Rad...UYZ2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356117279&sr=8-2
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Pokemon-Rad...UY34/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356117279&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Pokemon-Rad...JD6W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1356117279&sr=8-4

So go preorder. Now.

The chorus version once again plays during the credits, and Sakaki comes on and says there will be an important announcement on December 25th at night and something about a cancellation in a week and a team breakup. Some think this means the Twitter will be deleted, but who knows. Maybe just that the TRio went off on their own? In any event...

See you next summer! Victory!

Last edited:
Well I guess its only fitting for a TR radio show to end with the guest star of a transexual TV model.

If 4kids was writing this they'd have James squeal.

That was the bext episode ever I can't even deal ;__; Like Kara said, it was very heartwarming, I loved how they were all optimistic. After the episode I wasn't even sad, especually if the promised to come back next summer if the CDs sell well. I'll definitely buy CDs and sell my kidney to buy extra 500 CDs if there will be need xD This show is just too awesome and it needs to come back!

Also, they should've invited famous Team Rocket fans from the beginning instead of Pokemon caretakers xD Listening to Ayano having feels was waaay more interesting for me :D After the show, she tweeted that it was her dream to be on the radio and that she felt like crying <3 Also, they had the best idea ever to send a guest in the mail XD

My favourite parts was when they were talking about what they like about each other (I wish I'd understand more of what they were saying) and, of course, the song! OMG it was such a nice, badass remix and the voices were mixed together so well <3 Lol, I'm a pro singer now XD

Thank you Rockets for fulfilling my dreams <3 My life is so win thanks to you XD

Also...
Well I guess its only fitting for a TR radio show to end with the guest star of a Team Rocket fan.
There, fixed for you ;D

That's a cute end to this radio show, I'm sure it'll be back next Summer no doubt. It really was a blessing for a lot of big fans of TR, although I'm not that big a fan of TR tbh. We got to learn a lot about many different guests on the shows. I learned Aoi Yuki loves Eevee and plays Pokemon games! I find it hard to believe that woman is a transexual, outside of her nose and jaws she looks so feminine. It's cute she loves TR a lot and only watches the show for them, reminds me of a lot of fans on the forum. I love how Kojirou and Musashi and Nyasu have their BW-style eyes and are all dressed up in that pic. So adorable ^^

I think more than anything this radio show really helped me appreciate TR much more than I did before, if we got a Kanto/Best Wishes mix of TR I would be perfectly happy and would really love TR more in the show. I really really didn't care for the DP-style Rockets, Kojirou was terribly submissive and Musashi was a raging bi-yatch half the time. I really hope when they make their return, they aren't that type of TR. Really cute episode no doubt.

The chorale of fans gave me to tears, there is so much love emanates from this song. My heart can not resist. Team Rocket I love you so much! T////T (I can not live without the TRio) LOVE!

Last edited:
Sakaki comes on and says there will be an important announcement on December 25th at night

And that announcement is...

We're finally getting a live episode! It'll be on March 23rd, and more details will be posted later today.

What a wonderful Christmas present. :)

And I thought I was the only one who didn't came out of the closet but out of a box.

Anyway, nice way to end the show!

I, for one, am awed that this felt like a good post to make.

I mean, I get not liking a show. I get expressing that you don't like a show. But expressing that you're glad the show is over?

For all we know the Radio show could continue with other characters now, similar to the way Satoshi's VA hijacked the show for that one episode or so where they brought in Kasumi's VA for some strange, oddball reason.

It wasn't "strange" or "oddball" at all. Pretty much every other character's VA had appeared in the show by then (Takeshi - Episode 4, Hikari- Episode 12, Iris - Episode 10, Dent - Episode 7), so all that was left was Satoshi's and Kasumi's.

And before you bring up Kenji, Haruka, and Masato...none of their VAs ever made it to the show at all, for whatever reason.

Jeshi said:
Also, they should've invited famous Team Rocket fans from the beginning instead of Pokemon caretakers xD Listening to Ayano having feels was waaay more interesting for me :D

Craziness. The VA interviews were the best part of the show.

Gotpika said:
I really really didn't care for the DP-style Rockets, Kojirou was terribly submissive and Musashi was a raging bi-yatch half the time.

The overwhelming majority of that came from the English dub.

I was so lucky to have gotten to listen live this week! It was a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to next summer.
Tsubaki-san was a great guest and I love the Christmas cake. My mom saw a picture and she said she wanted to taste it. And the chorus version was beautiful! XD I loved when it felt like they were leading the song. <3

So go preorder. Now.
Has anyone ever done a CD preorder like this before? Are we to preorder all of the CDs (1-3 and the "Selection") and then if we meet the criteria, they send us the pilot episode? (Was that just through Animate, though?) I'm unsure, but I'd like to do whatever it takes to get the pilot.

The live is a great announcement! I wish I could attend, but my funds are so far away from doing something like this at the moment... perhaps they'll have another live in 2014. ^_^

It wasn't "strange" or "oddball" at all. Pretty much every other character's VA had appeared in the show by then (Takeshi - Episode 4, Hikari- Episode 12, Iris - Episode 10, Dent - Episode 7), so all that was left was Satoshi's and Kasumi's.

And before you bring up Kenji, Haruka, and Masato...none of their VAs ever made it to the show at all, for whatever reason.

Of course it was, you know why they had those VA's appear:

- Iris and Cilan, they're of course main characters currently, so having them on the show along with Ash makes sense.

- Hikari's VA appeared around the same time Dawn was making her cameo in DP, so that made sense too. Didn't Piplup's VA appear as well?

- Brock's VA voiced Marlon the Gym leader in BW, so having him appear while he was still "around" made sense.

Kasumi's VA on the other hand, hadn't played any characters in Best Wishes, given that she didn't even voice another character like Takeshi's did with Marlon. So it definitely did seem, "odd" because she's the only one who had no job on the show recently, (or in years for that matter).

So what, Satoshi was supposed to host the radio show by himself? Do you realize how boring that would have been?

What other character would it have made sense for Satoshi to have done the radio show with who hadn't already been on?

Kasumi's VA coming in to reprise her role made perfect sense.

What other character would it have made sense for Satoshi to have done the radio show with who hadn't already been on?

Kasumi's VA coming in to reprise her role made perfect sense.

Gary or Paul's, maybe? Trip's, even?

What was the last thing Kasumi's VA even did officially for the anime? Those 2007 trivia segments that aired in Japan all the way back in early DP during the 10th anniversary?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom