• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki

For all we know the Radio show could continue with other characters now, similar to the way Satoshi's VA hijacked the show for that one episode or so where they brought in Kasumi's VA for some strange, oddball reason.

The show has been replaced in the schedule by other things. It's done until March.

Has anyone ever done a CD preorder like this before? Are we to preorder all of the CDs (1-3 and the "Selection") and then if we meet the criteria, they send us the pilot episode? (Was that just through Animate, though?) I'm unsure, but I'd like to do whatever it takes to get the pilot.

You can only get the pilot from animate, unless that's what the selection CD is. We don't know just what that is yet.

But for now the pilot is apparently animate only, which wont let international people order. Hence why I linked to Amazon.

They brought back Kasumi's VA because the fans had asked them to do just that.

Not a single fan wanted that. Satoshi and Kasumi can fuck off.

I meant that they wanted her to be interviewed in some way. I'm sure that not everyone was outraged at the idea of the TRio taking a break for just one week, either.

Last edited:
Jeshi said:
Also, they should've invited famous Team Rocket fans from the beginning instead of Pokemon caretakers xD Listening to Ayano having feels was waaay more interesting for me :D

Craziness. The VA interviews were the best part of the show.
I'd appreciate if you didn't call my own opinion crazy :p

I'm not saying that intereviews sucked, I loved every part of the show. I just loved how Tsubaki-san was asking questions to Rockets for change. What this show lacks is a Q&A corner. It was partially done on Twitter, when Kojiro was doing chats, but Twitter character limits don't allow for a full, legit answer. And Kojiro was replying with "it's a secret!" way too much XD

But I know they were inviting VAs so the show wouldn't be so hermetic as aimed at TR's fans only. I'm a Team Rocket only fan, so I could care less for other VAs xD; But I admit, I love some of them XD

If they're going to change the radio's schedule for the 2nd season, I hope they'd leave intorduction mini-dramas at least though. I loved them way too much. But I definitely want more Jeshi and Jeimusu and scenes from their "real life" next time! XD

I meant that they wanted her to be interviewed in some way. I'm sure that not everyone was outraged at the idea of the TRio taking a break for just one week, either.
Yes, there were people that wanted them to be interviewed.

Many people were outraged that Satoshi took over the show though. Only a few people were ok with it, only under condition it was going to be like this just for one episode and defnitely no one wanted Satoshi to host the show full time.

Since Rockets were reluctant about inviting Satoshi to their show ("He's our foe and besides he's got his own anime"), I guess this was the only way to have Satoshi in the show xD; As OOC and mean as it was.

Last edited:
The Fighting Misty said:
Gary or Paul's, maybe? Trip's, even?

Are you seriously trying to argue that any of those characters teaming up with Satoshi to hijack the Rocket-Dan's radio show would be less "crazy" and "oddball" than his friend and traveling companion of five years? Really!?

What was the last thing Kasumi's VA even did officially for the anime? Those 2007 trivia segments that aired in Japan all the way back in early DP during the 10th anniversary?

This is the "Pokemon Radio Show," not the "Best Wishes Radio Show." They've never restricted themselves to just the most current TV series.

Jeshi said:
If they're going to change the radio's schedule for the 2nd season, I hope they'd leave intorduction mini-dramas at least though. I loved them way too much. But I definitely want more Jeshi and Jeimusu and scenes from their "real life" next time! XD

If they do change up the schedule I hope they get rid of those godawful "let's eat into a microphone" or "let's draw pictures because apparently that makes for good radio" segments. It's like the people behind the show don't realize that radio is not a visual medium and that forcing its audience to be glued to the radio show's Twitter for the duration of the episode is insane.

If they do change up the schedule I hope they get rid of those godawful "let's eat into a microphone" or "let's draw pictures because apparently that makes for good radio" segments. It's like the people behind the show don't realize that radio is not a visual medium and that forcing its audience to be glued to the radio show's Twitter for the duration of the episode is insane.

I agree the eating doesn't work so well (though that's more to get money from the sponsors so it's a necessary evil) but I love the drawing segments! I don't see the big deal about watching Twitter when that's going on. What else do we have to look at?

Gary or Paul's, maybe? Trip's, even?

I have a feeling the radio show producers wanted to have both male and female hosts, as opposed to all male characters/seiyuu. Since Rica Matsumoto was in-character as Satoshi, it was a male-female pair when Mayumi Iizuka was on.

Has anyone had a chance to translate or share tidbits from the Q&A on this week's show? I am curious as to what Ayana Tsubaki asked them and also what their answers were. I am also wondering what Kojiro said about Musashi when they were complimenting each other.

Musashi said:
...but I love the drawing segments! I don't see the big deal about watching Twitter when that's going on. What else do we have to look at?

As an American living abroad who absolutely has to use a computer to listen to this show? Nothing. But for the Japanese people listening to this on an actual radio - y'know, the people this is show is actually targeted at - plenty.

I mean, can you imagine listening to this on a car drive home? Or having it on in the background while you make dinner?

It's like the radio people haven't figured out that we can't actually *see* them.

Are you seriously trying to argue that any of those characters teaming up with Satoshi to hijack the Rocket-Dan's radio show would be less "crazy" and "oddball" than his friend and traveling companion of five years? Really!?

This is the "Pokemon Radio Show," not the "Best Wishes Radio Show." They've never restricted themselves to just the most current TV series.

My point was it felt totally random. It didn't surprise me when Iris/Cilan, Dawn or even Brock's VA's were on it because they all played roles in the anime recently. Kasumi's VA hadn't done anything officially for the anime in YEARS. If they wanted a female they could have used Bel to be honest.

I mean how was she approached? She wasn't working with the studio on recording any voices for the show so they basically plucked her out of obscurity by sending her an e-mail or whatever asking her to be on it. Her last real role was 2007 trivia segments, and before that, her final appearance in AG134 which aired back in the ancient year of 2005.

They won't actually ask her to appear on the anime, but they pluck her from the past for an obscure radio show that few people know about outside of Japan?

I mean how was she approached? She wasn't working with the studio on recording any voices for the show so they basically plucked her out of obscurity by sending her an e-mail or whatever asking her to be on it. Her last real role was 2007 trivia segments, and before that, her final appearance in AG134 which aired back in the ancient year of 2005.

They won't actually ask her to appear on the anime, but they pluck her from the past for an obscure radio show that few people know about outside of Japan?

What if she asked to be on the show?

I don't understand why you feel there needs to be a specific reason for her to have been a co-host. It was fanservice, just like much of the rest of the show. If it made a lot of fans happy, then why does there need to be another reason? I'm sure some of the people who listen to the show are older and don't necessarily watch the anime series anymore, but they remember watching it when they were younger and want to hear about some of the talent behind the characters they know.

As a side note, and for what it's worth, I recall reading a report earlier this year that KAORI (Haruka's seiyuu) was ill and had to take a break from work. So, that may be why she has yet to make an appearance.

I very much doubt anyone following the Radio show are people who stopped watching the anime years ago. Especially Japanese fans.

The show is for a slightly older target audience than the anime. But for kids and teenagers that watch the Pokemon anime now.

And I think that this show has been a success for the channel (that TV Tokyo controls, here...). Specially with the effects of the Radio Show combined with the Live Caster, VAs complaining, movie specials, etc.

Team Rocket is going to return bring funny in the N's arc. Althought the grade of funny is unknown yet, we know that TR won't be serious like in BW. Furthermore,l we have a image of Team Rocket blasting off.

The show is for a slightly older target audience than the anime. But for kids and teenagers that watch the Pokemon anime now.

It's aimed at people who grew up watching the show, not people who watch now.

Team Rocket is going to return bring funny in the N's arc. Althought the grade of funny is unknown yet, we know that TR won't be serious like in BW. Furthermore,l we have a image of Team Rocket blasting off.

None of these things are true.

She's "good". He really didn't know what to say. XD
I love how when asked about Musashi Kojiro is speechless, and how when asked about Kojiro Musashi goes into her prattling mode and talks really fast.

Kojiro said that he and Musashi were "a good balance".

Dogasu said:
It's like the radio people haven't figured out that we can't actually *see* them.
I'm not familiar with other Japanese programs, but it's not like they don't do this in radio a lot. As long as they keep describing what they're hearing, I think it's OK. And really, I think it's pretty in character for them to just be doing whatever and we're just listening to it. (I know, not always best radio.) Maybe they're using the three months to get feedback and modify it.
I, for one, could listen to them eat and draw all day. XD

The Fighting Misty, change your freaking username if you're so against Misty.

She's still well-loved and remembered; her VA returning makes total sense. Deal with it.

Gotpika said:
I really really didn't care for the DP-style Rockets, Kojirou was terribly submissive and Musashi was a raging bi-yatch half the time.

The overwhelming majority of that came from the English dub.

To put it nicely, nonsense. The characterization Gotpika mentions was VERY visible in the animation of the original Japanese version, not just the dub script. The dub script may have exaggreated things, but quite frankly, such exaggerations were really easy to make.

No, the dub definitely fucked over the Rocket-Dan. It's silly to try arguing otherwise.

In layman's terms. He means, ignoring the dub, TR were jackasses regardless.

EDIT:Well, I shouldn't say jackasses, that's too harsh. But, Musashi still was raging and Kojirou still was submissive in the Japanese Version. Of course your mileage will vary on these things, it's subjective.

Last edited:
I very strongly disagree. They never came off as jackasses to me.

But this is all pretty off-topic for this radio show. We should make a new thread for this if you want to continue this.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom