• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs!

Is it even possible to do anything in the past?

I can't even seem to do anything...

Of course you can. There are tons of temples to complete, each with plenty of missions. Have you tried talking to everyone?

Its a little tough on the boss capture challenge does the character capture a Mew and use her guardian sign?

SO then the whole travelling back in time thing was completely pointless and has no REAL impact on the plot

what the hell was the point of all this then!?

Of course you can. There are tons of temples to complete, each with plenty of missions. Have you tried talking to everyone?

I meant by myself

I was wondering if I can do anything alone

I'm the only one out of my circle of friends who actually bothers playing the ranger series

Its a little tough on the boss capture challenge does the character capture a Mew and use her guardian sign?

I'm not sure what challenge you're talking about, and I'm pretty sure Mew does not appear in Guardian Signs.

SO then the whole travelling back in time thing was completely pointless and has no REAL impact on the plot

what the hell was the point of all this then!?

The legendary hero of the past, commonly mentioned throughout the game, is possibly the protagonist.

Aside from that, no, it has no baring on the plot. The point of the missions was to introduce multiplayer to the Ranger series. Yes, they're admittedly terrible if you're playing them alone, but they're optional anyway.

I meant by myself

I was wondering if I can do anything alone

I'm the only one out of my circle of friends who actually bothers playing the ranger series

You can play them alone, but as said, they're nowhere near as good alone. Not to mention virtually impossible.

I'm stuck on the Forest Guardian green dude and his stupid Tangrowth!!!!

Anyways my favorite quest was the medicinal herb....the mom is all like "....Take this medicinal plant. Ranger, thank you. .....Yuck!" I laughed so hard!

HAHAHAHA....Stupid girl!!!!!

I hate the girl standing on the bridge on Mitonga island...she's all like "Wait!....." bunch of talk....then your partner steps up and says, "We're pokemon rangers! We have to go to protect Oblivia!" She replies, "I-I-I see....I didn't understand a word of that but please be careful."

I'm all like seriously! WTF!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually I heard that mew does appear in the game

Nevermind, you're right. It only appears in the last temple of the past, though, so if you don't have anyone to do multiplayer with... Forget it.

Or have two copies of Guardian Signs and have 2 DS systems if that counts as multiplayer
You have to actually be playing. From reading this thread, the past temples are completely playable in single player, but incredibly difficult.

The reason you need multiplayer is to make tackling the missions easier.

Rose said:
Am I the only one who found some the guardian signs hard to draw?

I never had a problem with them, but I suspect it's because I study Japanese and have the whole "stroke order" thing drilled into my head. The game wants you to draw the signs in a specific order, and deviating from that can result in the game not being able to recognize it.

pikachu2000 said:
Or have two copies of Guardian Signs and have 2 DS systems if that counts as multiplayer

If you actually had the game, you'd know that that wouldn't work. This isn't like trading pokemon in the main games.

I never had a problem with them, but I suspect it's because I study Japanese and have the whole "stroke order" thing drilled into my head. The game wants you to draw the signs in a specific order, and deviating from that can result in the game not being able to recognize it.

I've been meaning to ask that, though from the pictures I see online it seems self explanatory which way to go based on the overlaps on the line.

I was wondering since LoZ: Phantom Hour Glass required a specific order in which they drew their symbols as well D:

All I have to say is, I hope you lost it at home.

I actually lost it at school.

Turns out it fell out of my bag onto the ground while I was waiting outside for my ride home from play practice. I asked a friend about it and he said "Oh! Dude! I forgot to mention! I found it last night right after you left! It's in my backpack! Oh, and I almost deleted the save file on your Ranger game, but I figured you'd be really mad if I did.."

Thank goodness for bros...

I actually lost it at school.

Turns out it fell out of my bag onto the ground while I was waiting outside for my ride home from play practice. I asked a friend about it and he said "Oh! Dude! I forgot to mention! I found it last night right after you left! It's in my backpack! Oh, and I almost deleted the save file on your Ranger game, but I figured you'd be really mad if I did.."

Thank goodness for bros...

That was lucky. When I lose my DS, I lose it for MONTHS.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that Tangrowth. xD

For the time being, I've decided to go and beat some more quests/add some more Pokemon to my Browser before attempting the fire temple's Blaziken again. I just have to get a couple of Magmortars so I can get Vileplume and Abomasnow. (If I can remember the exact spot I found Vileplume to begin with, since I kind of found it by accident when I was looking for shakeable trees to get Booker the red berry. xD)

Finally beat Blaziken. Only took TWO HOURS. xP

Now I'm having a hard time with the Ice temple. This just won't stop will it.

Oh, I have a quick question. Is there a specific date when the Heatran mission stops being available or is it ongoing indefinitely? I'm having trouble with my Wi-Fi (what else is new) and haven't been able to get it yet. I don't want to miss out on it.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom