• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Pokemon Ranger revealed...

Reaction score
Thanks to neo2046 of the Gaming Age forums for this.

neo2046 @ Gaming Age forums said:
Title: Pokemon Ranger
Genre: ARPG
Platform: Nintendo DS
Release Date: 2006
developer: HAL / Creatures

Pokémon Warlord
Reaction score
And in the bottom right corner, that looks like a screen from Pokémon Snap. Is it?

Stuck
Reaction score
It was evident to me that CoroCoro would focus on another game other than Toroze and Mysterious Dungeon, both of which have had their spotlight. Logically, what first came to mind is Ranger, seeing as it is slated to be released before Diamond/Pearl.

The two main characters are certainly older than the protagonists of the traditional games (with the exception of Colosseum's Wes and Rui). In addition, they seem to be comparatively more developed, indicating the distinction between trainers and rangers.

HAL Laboratory is in charge of the development of the game. As a reminder, the company's works include Pokémon Snap, to which there is a reference in the scan. Interestingly, the upcoming TCG set, named EX Delta Species, is also referenced for some reason.
The game appears to take place on an island, not unlike Snap. Another analogy that deserves attention is the fact the main character in Snap was adapted in the anime (and more recently, in the Pokémon Special manga); if nothing more, Ranger will heavily influence next year's movie.

I am personally crossing my fingers that this one scan is only part of the Pokémon coverage in this month's CoroCoro. Ranger, albeit significantly different than Toroze and Mysterious Dungeon, is still a spin-off game.

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Reaction score
The developer of the game is HAL Labs, who also made Pokemon Snap (among other games, most notably Super Smash Bros Melee)

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the resemblence to the playable characters in Pokémon Crystal?

Reaction score
This is supposed to be "the road to Diamond and Pearl", so I would hardly call it 'filler'. Besides, it looks like an interesting game. Its not as if Nintendo are releasing 52 games a year.

Badass office lady
Reaction score
And the chances of Americans getting their mitts on this are...?

黒い王様
Reaction score
Considering it's apparent tie-in to the new TCG set? Fairly good I'd say.

Team Rocket Executive
Reaction score
Has there been any information released as to what kind of gameplay this will have? Any word about online play?

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
Archaic said:
Considering it's apparent tie-in to the new TCG set? Fairly good I'd say.
Isn't Pokemon Ranger the title of both the next Anime Series AND Movie?

This is bound to whip up the Ash is leaving stuff again. I have to say i've considered that.

The 'Road to Diamond and Pearl' tagline must indicate that we'll see some D/P Pokemon and possibly indication of what'll be in D/P. I hope. It's looking interesting though.

U

Unregistered

nekusagi-chan said:
And the chances of Americans getting their mitts on this are...?
Uh, doesn't every new Pokemon game come out in the U.S. anyway? Especially the DS/GBA ones, what is there to worry about?

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
Most DS games in general are being released in the west - even games like Electroplankton and Brain Training for Adults.

There's no danger of any Pokemon game not getting released outside of Japan.

Reaction score
Especially this one due to its (as yet unknown) importance to Diamond and Pearl.

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Reaction score
I think that chick is pretty hawt.

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Brain Training for Adults is coming out in North America?!

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
Eventually. No date has been set, only confirmation that it is.