• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Ranger revealed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to neo2046 of the Gaming Age forums for this.

neo2046 @ Gaming Age forums said:
Title: Pokemon Ranger
Genre: ARPG
Platform: Nintendo DS
Release Date: 2006
developer: HAL / Creatures

And in the bottom right corner, that looks like a screen from Pokémon Snap. Is it?

It was evident to me that CoroCoro would focus on another game other than Toroze and Mysterious Dungeon, both of which have had their spotlight. Logically, what first came to mind is Ranger, seeing as it is slated to be released before Diamond/Pearl.

The two main characters are certainly older than the protagonists of the traditional games (with the exception of Colosseum's Wes and Rui). In addition, they seem to be comparatively more developed, indicating the distinction between trainers and rangers.

HAL Laboratory is in charge of the development of the game. As a reminder, the company's works include Pokémon Snap, to which there is a reference in the scan. Interestingly, the upcoming TCG set, named EX Delta Species, is also referenced for some reason.
The game appears to take place on an island, not unlike Snap. Another analogy that deserves attention is the fact the main character in Snap was adapted in the anime (and more recently, in the Pokémon Special manga); if nothing more, Ranger will heavily influence next year's movie.

I am personally crossing my fingers that this one scan is only part of the Pokémon coverage in this month's CoroCoro. Ranger, albeit significantly different than Toroze and Mysterious Dungeon, is still a spin-off game.

Has anyone else noticed the resemblence to the playable characters in Pokémon Crystal?

This is supposed to be "the road to Diamond and Pearl", so I would hardly call it 'filler'. Besides, it looks like an interesting game. Its not as if Nintendo are releasing 52 games a year.

And the chances of Americans getting their mitts on this are...?

Has there been any information released as to what kind of gameplay this will have? Any word about online play?

Archaic said:
Considering it's apparent tie-in to the new TCG set? Fairly good I'd say.

Isn't Pokemon Ranger the title of both the next Anime Series AND Movie?

This is bound to whip up the Ash is leaving stuff again. I have to say i've considered that.

The 'Road to Diamond and Pearl' tagline must indicate that we'll see some D/P Pokemon and possibly indication of what'll be in D/P. I hope. It's looking interesting though.

nekusagi-chan said:
And the chances of Americans getting their mitts on this are...?

Uh, doesn't every new Pokemon game come out in the U.S. anyway? Especially the DS/GBA ones, what is there to worry about?

Most DS games in general are being released in the west - even games like Electroplankton and Brain Training for Adults.

There's no danger of any Pokemon game not getting released outside of Japan.

Especially this one due to its (as yet unknown) importance to Diamond and Pearl.

Brain Training for Adults is coming out in North America?!

Eventually. No date has been set, only confirmation that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom