• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - Information Thread

Maxim: all the art from it is already out. The Blake art was the last new one.

I don't believe it.

In Ranger it also seemed like all character arts were revealed but there were two which were found only in the guide - Ragou (the GoGo Team Leader) and Mechanic guy from one mission.

Also, as I said - the Mission scenes in the Strategy section of the site are way too small. The guide certainly has bigger versions.

If anyone already has the guide or is going to buy it, please may he scan the bigger versions of those two arts:
Rakua (Luana) with a Gigaremo
Some freaky guy. What was his name

I want those arts because they include two characters which didn't get their specific arts.

Last edited:
I don't believe it.

In Ranger it also seemed like all character arts were revealed but there were two which were found only in the guide - Ragou (the GoGo Team Leader) and Mechanic guy from one mission.

Also, as I said - the Mission scenes in the Strategy section of the site are way too small. The guide certainly has bigger versions.

If anyone already has the guide or is going to buy it, please may he scan the bigger versions of those two arts:
Rakua (Luana) with a Gigaremo
Some freaky guy. What was his name

I want those arts because they include two characters which didn't get their specific arts.

Don't know about the mechanic guy you're talking about, but here is Gordor's artwork:
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll172/Suicune96/19-1.jpg

Nnnnnope, not really.

The pictures there are about the same size as the ones in the guidebook - you probably won't get any bigger and/or better-quality images from any guidebook scans.

And yeah, most - if not all - of the character art in the guidebook has already been posted on the official page. I mean, jeez, they've posted an un-silhouette'd Blake, which the guidebook didn't even have.

\o_O/

Nnnnnope, not really.

The pictures there are about the same size as the ones in the guidebook - you probably won't get any bigger and/or better-quality images from any guidebook scans.

And yeah, most - if not all - of the character art in the guidebook has already been posted on the official page. I mean, jeez, they've posted an un-silhouette'd Blake, which the guidebook didn't even have.

\o_O/

That's interesting, any artwork the book has that wasn't posted?

That's interesting, any artwork the book has that wasn't posted?
As in, art that's in the book that's not on the site? The only one I didn't see on the official site was the Kellyn VS Heatran illustration.

The official site also has some illusts the book doesn't: "Calm Down Miltank", as well as the special missions~

And, to clear up a mistake I made: some illustrations are larger in the book than on the site (the picture size varies), but the size/quality difference will probably be minimal, at best. o_o/

Jesus christ, the Darkrai Mission's out already!? God damn! Not that I'm complaining, of course. So coming tommorow, my playthrough of that. But not now. I sleep now.

They either released the Darkrai Mission as a holiday present or because they are getting ready to use the Shaymin event as a way to promote the movie as Serebii suggested. Either way anyone who completes the mission gets a Level 50 Darkrai that knows Dark Void... hmm... I think I have the perfect Pokemon to catch Mesprit and Cresselia now...

Oh, and (WARNING: SPOILERS WARNING BECAUSE I COULD NEVER GET THE SPOILER TAGS TO WORK FOR ME ON ANY FORUM SITE) after you're rescued from being trapped, don't forget to go back downstairs to see a otherwise easily missed scene. (SPOILERS ARE NOW DONE)

As in, art that's in the book that's not on the site? The only one I didn't see on the official site was the Kellyn VS Heatran illustration.

The official site also has some illusts the book doesn't: "Calm Down Miltank", as well as the special missions~

And, to clear up a mistake I made: some illustrations are larger in the book than on the site (the picture size varies), but the size/quality difference will probably be minimal, at best. o_o/

Thye have special artwork showing Kellyn capturing Heatran, what about the other Gem Guardians?

Well the size wouldn't be the only reason to scan it, on the official site they often have the pictures tilted or sometimes overlapped, blocking out some of the picture. Nothing major I suppose, but they are still reasons.

Yeah. The artwork in the guidebooks is often more clear than in the books. A good scanner could do very well here. So, I would still be grateful if anyone scanned those two pictures I posted.

And aren't there two guidebooks for all games? Prima one and Nintendo Power one? Maybe one of them has those pictures bigger.

All right, here we go!

Part 127: I Can Take About An Hour on the Tower of Power
And, we're back! Again, I head into Ranger Net (presumably as Prof. Hastings, as I mentioned), and...well, I did it last night actually. Also, due to the access point I was leeching off of being far away, I saw it get an error for the first time. Your character just vanishes into thin air, it sort of pauses for a few seconds, and the "you have been disconnected" thing pops up.

This mission, "Liberate the Tower!", is from Chairperson Erma. By the way, I somehow didn't notice it before, but missions that haven't been done have a purple "NEW" next to them, and those that have been done have a green "CLEAR".

Someone has taken over the Altru Tower!
There are also rumors of shadows
characters gathering near the Tower.
Please go immediately to the Altru Tower and
liberate it. This is for all the citizens!

When I start...I get plopped right into the action!

Rhythmi:
Emergency! Emergency!
We have an emergency situation!

You can't stop repeating yourself!? Oh my god, those bastards! They will pay for that!

Rhythmi:
All Rangers on patrol in the vicinity are to
report to the scene immediately!

The vicinity of where? What scene? This is the kind of stuff you need to tell people, Rhythmi!

Linda:
All Rangers are to provide status reports
as soon as possible!

About what?! Jesus, it's only the first three lines in this mission, and already the game is pulling its typical vague shit with me.

Keith is already standing there with his Buizel, and Vlad comes running in with Machop, which I still haven't changed.

Chairperson Erma:
Altru Tower has been occupied by an
unknown group.

Pinky and the Brain? Don't worry too much about them - they'll fail eventually for one reason or another.

Chairperson Erma:
When it comes to infiltrating the tower,
there are none more experienced than you.

Oh, so NOW they're falling back on experienced people. After all that crap about new people beng the best.

Chairperson Erma:
Sven and Wendy are off in the Fiore region
on another Mission.

For the love of god...WHY AM I THE ONLY TOP RANGER WHO CAN'T GO TO FIORE!??!?! I mean, GSC did it, even if the region was more of a dumbed down poorly designed afterthought! Why can't anything else do it????!!!!

Chairperson Erma:
Vlad, Keith, you two are on your own
this time.

You mean we weren't before? Face it - Sven and Wendy didn't do shit for us, and Isaac just hung around to help give advice.

Chairperson Erma:
However, I'm certain you are more than
capable of the job.

Damn straight.

Chairperson Erma:
You are to liberate the Tower from the
mysterious group of thugs.

Oh golly gee willigers, I wonder who it could be?

Chairperson Erma:
It goes without saying that you will need
the help of Pokemon, dears.

No love for sniper rifles or cardboard boxes? Boo. The mission is taken on.

Chairperson Erma:
Also, there have been reports of an eerie
shadow flitting around the tower recently.

1. to move lightly and swiftly; fly, dart, or skim along

Huh. And I always thought Darkrai had a slow, heavy, sinister, movement. Guess I was wrong.

Chairperson Erma:
Prof. Hastings has launched an
investigation regarding this shadow.

If I have to catch that thing again...oh hell.

Chairperson Erma:
I'm not sure if there is a connection, but
you are to be on full alert.

Erma.

A group of mysterious thugs invades a tower, and a strange shadow appears over it soonafter, that has never been witnessed being there before. The odds of the two NOT being related are slim and none.

Keith:
Let's go, Vlad!

And so we go. Another instant warp, this time, to the top of the tower. At least here I don't just get warped - I am seen riding in on a Staraptor.

- Special Mission -
Liberate the Tower!

And there's an electric gate in the way.

Keith:
Huh? What's this barricade doing here?

They think they can stop us. Fat chance of that, though.

Keith:
Let's go look for Pokemon downstairs.

Should've used an untargetclearable road block. Just as I try to go downstairs to look for said Pokemon, though, I hear a weird noise. I go back to check, but all I find is a Swellow. There's a Magneton around downstairs as per usual, but when I go a little further...

Researcher: (1)
Get out! All of you!

It's Team Dim Sun! Big surprise there! And...researchers behind road blocks! And...someone I don't recognize also behind the road blocks!

Researcher: (2)
I never want to see a full-body leotard
again!

Better not go clothes shopping, then. Really though, what are they gonna do about it? These guys are the biggest nerds in the world, and since they're too scared to make death lasers, there's nothing they can do.

Team Dim Sun? (1):
Drop your resistance! It's futile!

Yes, it really did have a question mark next to the Team Dim Sun part. Which may mean my character is confused about whether these are the evil villians or the Borg.

Team Dim Sun? (1):
Let us through already!

Oh, so the researchers are the ones who put up the road blocks.

Team Dim Sun? (1):
The Tower is already under our boss's
control!

Oh hell. Blake Hall is back! Or worse - the Borg Cube. Eh, maybe Team Dim Sun Admin.

Employee:
Your boss? Blake Hall?

He's supposed to be imprisoned somewhere
far away to pay for his crimes!

Ah, so the person I didn't recognize was none other than Employee! And last time I hearsd, Blake Hall wasn't in jail in the Pokemon World equivilant of Alcatraz - he was on a vision quest to find out what was wrong in his life.

Team Dim Sun? (1):
Blake Hall?
Who's that?!

It appears the next generation doesn't even know who that guy is. What a disgrace to his country.

Team Dim Sun? (1):
His age is long gone!
There's a new boss in town!

Okay, so "Team Dim Sun?" just asked who Blake Hall is, but then he implies he does know, and there's a new boss in town. So I guess I am going to be fighting Team Dim Sun Admin! Or the Borg Cube.

Team Dim Sun? (1):
Our new boss is...

Damn suspense GET TO IT ALREADY!

GOD DAMN IT VLAD AND KEITH YOU DO NOT INTERRUPT THE CLUMSY VILLIANS JUST BEFORE THEY REVEAL THEIR BOSSES IDENTITY YOU STUPID FUCKS

Team Dim Sun? (1):
Pokemon Rangers?
Where did you two ooze from?

I'm surprised there wasn't a "no, no, our boss is not Pokemon Rangers!" line here.

Keith:
You Dim Sun goons!
You're up to no good again?!

Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood!

Team Dim Sun? (2):
Dim Sun? Please!
We're done with all that?

Team Dim Sun?: Our new name is...Team Dim Sun!

Team Dim Sun? (2):
Blake Hall has nothing to do with us.
The times have changed!

War has changed, and whatnot.

Team Dim Sun? (2):
Don't think you can keep winning!

Oh, I think I can. Bring on your...Ampharos and Electrode? Holy fuck, it might just be rust, but that was actually pretty fucking tough. They spammed electricity way too much, and it was nearly impossible to get loops in. I eventually went to going reckless, and learned that no matter how much defense you have, an Electrode explosion always hurts (23 damage!)

Team Dim Sun? (1):
Why, you little...

HWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKK...AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUHKKKKKKKKKKKK

Team Dim Sun? (1):
I'll try to salvage a little pride with some
cool parting words!

Deadly sin.

Team Dim Sun? (2):
We answer to a new boss now!
But we still want the world!

Why is it that almost every evil organization wants to take over the world, not destroy it (save in desperation) or anything?

Team Dim Sun? (2):
We still have fashion sense, like our boss,
and three S words describe us well!

Stupid, Sucky, and Shitheads?

Team Dim Sun? (2):
"Smart and sly while stylish!"
That's our creed and how we rule!

They aren't going to force me to wear a dress if they take over, are they?

Team Dim Sun? (2):
We're no longer Team Dim Sun!
We are Team Debonairs!

What.

Part 128: Forget the Part that Follows That, But You Probably Didn't Get it Anyway
Okay, so let me get this straight. Team Dim Sun has reformed, under the monkier of Team Debonairs, and they still want to take over the world. However, they want to do so to promote good fashion sense presumably and nothing more. Great. Just fucking great.

Team Dim Debonairs (2):
Hahah! What do you think of that speech?!
I even ad-libbed the Debonairs!

Oh, well maybe they aren't Team Debonairs? I hope not, because that's...well, to be honest? It's pretty cool, even if it sounds more like a clothing chain than an evil organization.

Keith:
Team Debonairs?
I don't really get the name.

I think it's French, meaning beautiful or whatever. Or at least has French origins.

[Middle English debonaire, gracious, kindly, from Old French, from de bon aire, of good lineage or disposition : de, of (from Latin dē; see de-) + bon, bonne, good (from Latin bonus; see deu-2 in Indo-European roots) + aire, nest, family; see aerie.]

Yep, I was right on the money there.

Employee:
Thank you, Rangers!

Have I done a princess is in another castle joke already? I think I have.

Employee:
Those thugs arrived without warning and
took over the Tower.

Well, you make it easy for them to do so for one. And for two, they're Team Debonairs, man! They're gracious, not thugs!!

Employee:
Defending this place was the most we
could do...

For once, road blocks do some good!

Researcher (1):
Their boss is at the top of the Tower.

Why not hide in the middle of it or something? They'd NEVER find you then!

Researcher (1):
He was ordering the underlines, "Remove
the three colored gems!"

Yeah, because that would turn the Luminous Crystal...or whatever the hell it is now back into the Shadow Crystal. Magical transformative power doesn't work that way!

Researcher (1):
Oh, also that new boss was scolding the
goons about the hallways or something.

He was certainly quite odd.

Fuck yeah, Kincaid! I was going to mention how I was disappointed that he didn't have any appearances after that Oil Field Hideout, but I forgot to. And now, he's back! Hooray!

Keith:
Vlad?
Do you know something I don't?

I thought he knew about Kincaid being evil. I guess not.

Employee:
Altru Tower is fondly known as the
"Tower of Peace" by the townspeople.

This is as close as they come to referencing that naming contest thing that seemed like an important plot back in the beginning of the game.

Employee:
It's terrible what those goons are doing.

They're making the Tower a symbol of irony! Oh, the humanity!

Researcher (1):
Their boss is at the top fo the Tower.

Nothing new to say? How rude!

Researcher (2):
I've been noticing an eerie shadow around
the Tower, lately.

But you're cooped up in here all the time! How did you...

Researcher (2):
I've seen it often, too.
Does it involve those guys?

You know what? Forget it. Acknowledged as fact.

The way to the lower floors are also roadblocked off.

Employee (2):
There have been sightings of an eerie,
moving shadow near the Tower.

Is the term "eerie" always used when describing it? Has no one said "spooky" or "scary" or "sinister"?

Employee (2):
It must be tied to them somehow!

Employee (2) is smarter than old woman Erma!

Employee (3):
Team Debonairs? That's a strange name.

It sounds pretty all right to me.

Employee (3):
If it were me...
How about Team Altru Ultra?

No. That's just...no.

Finally, I get a break from copying stuff down, albeit a small one! I go ahead and capture some Pokemon for the fights that are surely ahead, including an Ampharos that can open the gate. The gate is still closed when I go there, by the way, which means those Team Debonairs guys ran themselves into a dead end!

By the way, what's the point of those gates, anyway? The game says they don't have any switches that control them them, so why waste time building an electronic gate that can't be turned off when you can use an equally effective if not moreso ordinary road block?

As soon as I enter the secondary tower...

Team Debonairs:
We knew you were coming!

Well, they're 1/473 at least. Then again, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the good guys are coming when you do something bad.

Team Debonairs:
I have here a Miniremo we recovered from
the oil-field hideout!

There seem to be quite a few of those still down there.

Team Debonairs:
And I'm not shy about using it, either!

Oh, good.

Two Ariados drop down and a fight begins. The game even correctly says "Team Debonairs's Pokemon attack!" I'm not sure if it was scripted or if I just got lucky, but they never tried to attack.

Team Debonairs:
Urrrgh...

I accidently copied this down as "Uttthj...", but noticed and corrected it.

Team Debonairs:
I'm reporting you to the boss for running
in the hallway!

But this isn't a hallway. And you just ran yourself!

I keep going. The Alakazam in this first room was replaced with a Gardevoir, by the way. Doesn't affect anything, but still, it's worth mentioning. The Vaporeon and Magneton are still in here.

Team Debonairs:
Bring it on, Rangers!

Feel the wrath of Team Dim Sun...
I mean... Debonairs!

I guess it really is Team Debonairs. Two Rhydons drop down to fight.

Team Debonairs:
Actually, I'd like you to know, I didn't get
any sleep last night.

That's no excuse.

Team Debonairs:
Designing our new team logo turned into an
all-nighter.

That's no excuse.

Team Debonairs:
It's only natural that you win.

That's no excuse.

Run away, little man.

Team Debonairs:
Hold it right there!

Vlad: "It me, Vlad."
Team Debonairs: "I knew it was you. I could smell ya gettin' off the elevator!"

You know, I just thought of something. Does everyone in Team Debonairs have the same title?

Team Debonairs:
I'm under strict orders from the boss to
not let anyone pass.

Dude, you were looking out the window when I came here. Not exactly effective guarding. If it wasn't for the forced loudness of my silent protagonist, I could easily creep on by.

Team Debonairs:
It's nothing personal, but you're going
down hard!

At least I'm not going down on anything hard, if you know what I mean.

Two Growlithes and one Arcanine attack. Now they're getting the mapping done properly in this tower, far too late at that! For fun, I used Ground Assist (Rhydon) here and saw how far I could wittle their HP down. The Growlithes went down easily, but I kept going until the Arcanine's HP was down too - which took more effort, but I still did it within the time limit. It took one more loop (okay, two, since I screwed the first up) to get them.

Team Debonairs:
Two Rangers are headed up!

No thanks to you.

I go do some more catching, and just as I go upstairs...

Team Debonairs:
Wah!
Rangers! For real!
Take this!

Smack into another Debonairs.

No, good sir, I'm simply playing dress-up. You ever dress-up for fun as a kid?

Two Haunters and a Gengar appear. And for once, they don't just drop down from the ceiling! They actually faze in! The fight wasn't too hard - the Haunters weer just target practice at this stage of the game, and the Gengar didn't put up too big a fight.

Team Debonairs:
Boss!
We've got trouble!

Hey, make it double. No really, Keith's with me too, even if he's mostly deadweight.

I find a surprise on the penultimate barrier floor:

Keith:
The gate's closed.
Was the switch in here?

Thanks, captain obvious! But yeah, he's right. The barrier of blue electricity is back. Keith also forgets how to open the gate - go into the room and target clear that bitch. As long as there aren't any deathtraps to crack. The camera "helpfully" pans to the door at this point.

The blue Circuit Ball is indeed back, but the good news is there no weird-ass programs that make it untargetclearable. The bad news is that I have to go get an Ampharos to clear it. Or a Luxray that was pretty much unavoidable and was along the way, whatever.

Keith:
...The door won't open!
Did we get locked in?!

Ah, manual traps! Brilliant!

Vlad and Keith just look at each other and take a some steps back.

Keith:
Target Clear!

Stealing Barlow's ability, are you?!

Keith:
Owowow...

Didn't work the first time, ain't gonna work the second time, dipshit!

Keith:
There's no way I can do what Barlow does...

No kidding. You need some meat on your bones.

Team Debonairs:
Bahahaha! You guys are hilarious!
You fell for a trap that simple?!

Not like I had any choice...but yeah, if you had just done this to begin with and left us here instead of taunting us right now, you could've already taken over Almia with Blake!

Team Debonairs:
Just let me know if you're feeling hungry.

I'll serve up a full-course dinner pronto!
Gyahahaha!

And keeping your prisoners alive too?! Well, I do know that if you treated your kidnapees poorly in Italy or Sicily, you would get severe revenge extracted. You instead treated them kindly and just did your business with the ransoming. But this is not Italy or Sicily. This is Almia.

Keith:
How do we get out of this mess...?

Call for backup? That's the only thing Team Debonairs did wrong, here.

But suddenly, out of the freaking...black. Darkrai shows up!

Keith:
Huh? It can't be!

It is!

Keith:
...It's Darkrai!
Is it under the new boss's control?

God, I hope not. That would suck balls.

Keith:
Waaaaah!

It sucks us both into the darkness. All right! Time to explore the Dark World! No pearls required!

Last edited:
Nintendo Power guides are as defunct as the Incredible Machine.

Eh, I remember one being mentioned as being pretty good, but I forgot which game. Still, they are usually decent, but they leave out important information like game mechanics or certain content. Much better them than BradyGames, though. Some of their shit is...well...shit!

Part 129: Experiments from Hell
We open this part with...

Keith:
Urf...
Where am I?

...a cry of pain and wondering where one is. Who wrote this?

The screen fades back in with Keith and I standing in that light thing where Darkrai was, and with Darkrai waiting out there. Now he's the one experimenting on humans! But nevertheless, we just jump out.

Keith:
...What's going on?!

Darkrai face turn. Duh.

Keith:
Did...
Did Darkrai maybe save us?

Yes. Yes he did.

Darkrai's feelings reached out to
Vlad's heart.

Oh, well it's about bloody time.

Darkrai seems eager to help protect the
Luminous Crystal on top of the Tower.

Oh, so now it's just flip-flopping.

Darkrai joined Vlad's party!

Fuck yeah, now it's really a party!

Keith:
You bonded with Darkrai!

If by that, you mean it bonded with me, then sure.

Keith:
Now we can go to the rooftop!

That's right, bonding with it somehow lets me go to the roof when I couldn't before! Good thing I did!

On the advice of Pikachu315111, I go downstairs to see a scene. Although I would've done it anyway, just for the "hahaha in your face" effect.

Team Debonairs (1):
Huh? I don't hear their voices.

You worried?

Team Debonairs (1):
Did they get out, maybe?

What gives you that idea?

Team Debonairs (2):
No, they couldn't have!
Go check on them.

Note to self: if I ever get captured and locked in a room, don't make any noise. The enemy will think I've escaped and try to check on me, after which I can shank them.

Team Debonairs (1):
No way! What if it's a trap?
You go!

Trap the trappers, brilliant!

Team Debonairs (2):
I'll tell you what, we'll both go.

No arguing over who goes first before this? These translators need to prioritize!

Team Debonairs (?/B):
Huh? They are gone?

(one of them has his messages appear at the top of the screen, and the other the bottom, but since their personalities are pretty much the same, I can't tell which is which)

Team Debonairs (?/T):
What are they, magicians?
Illusionists? What?

It's Vlad, not Houdini.

Team Debonairs (?/T):
Aww, no!
The door shut!

But it's not locked, is it?

Team Debonairs (?/B):
Oh, great!
We fell for our own simple trap!

But you have the key, right? You can unlock the door yourself, right? You have to unlock it before you can go in, right? RIGHT?!??!!

Team Debonairs (?/T):
Let us out!

The scene ends, and I approach the door at this point, to this response.

Team Debonairs (?/T):
I'm starving!
Bring me food! Anything'll do!

Isn't eating something you should've done before this pointless guard duty? And whatever the case, just make your own, if you catch my drift. ;)

There's nothing else to see here, so I just continue on, past the light floor, and the floor with the computer (also have nothing of interest on them), to the stairs to the roof.

Keith:
Okay, it's the rooftop next.
Are you ready?

As ready as I'll ever be. It's not exactly the best phrase to use, but it's true.

Some Team Debonairs Admins are standing around, with a literally steamed Kincaid on top of the control machine. Under the three colored gems and the Luminous Crystal is this trippy purple glow.

Keith:
All right, that's enough of that!
Surrender now, Team Debonairs!

Yeah, like that's going to stop them.

???:
Two pestilent students...

Does Kincaid has eyes at the back of his head or something? How does he know it was us!?

Kincaid:
When Blake Hall's era finally drew to its
pathetic end, my time arrived.

But I can see you.

Kincaid:
By removing the three colored gems, the
Luminous Crystal will grow dark again.

Once again, it will emerge as the Shadow
Crystal!

Uhh, last I checked, removing the colored gems from the dark shards didn't turn them dark again. So the same could be said about the bigger versions. You're just crazy.

Kincaid:
Where Blake Hall's Dim Sun failed, my Team
Debonairs will succeed!

I, Kincaid, will attain complete domination of
the world!

Well, he's got the flamboyantness, the freaky hair, and the crazy clothing down. Blake had only one of those. But Blake's still better.

Kincaid:
But before that, I have the chore of
getting rid of you eyesores!

The world must become fashionable!

Kincaid:
Especially you, Vlad!
You never stopped running in hallways!

BUT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO WALK!

Kincaid:
You ran all over Almia to interfere with our
plans!

So...Almia is suddenly one giant hallway now? I don't get it.

Kincaid:
I've run out of any sense of mercy when
it comes to you!

Sure.

Kincaid:
What are you doing, minions?!
Crush these meddling Rangers!

I thought you were going to do that. Lazy.

Team Debonairs (1):
This is it for you, Rangers!

Yep, everyone has the same title. These look like ex-admins. This is the only female I've seen so far, by the way.

Team Debonairs (2):
No amount of apologizing will save you now!

I've said it before: I regret nothing!

They suddenly attack with...their own bodies! Wow, they got smart since Kincaid took over. Including those two, ten of the Debonairs surround us.

Keith:
Storming this place between just the two
of us was too reckless?!

Hey, Wolverine could do it! I could do it too if you weren't here! Inverse ninja law and whatnot!

Hmm...a [?] appears over my head as I regain control.

Team Debonairs (1):
So, kiddies, how will you get out of this?

Going counterclockwise from the girl, here.

Team Debonairs (2):
We have overwhelming odds on our side!

Yeah, zerg rush and whatnot, but you're not doing anything.

Team Debonairs (3):
No running on the rooftop, either!

It's not a hallway, but it's true. You could fall to a messy death!

Team Debonairs (4):
No, no, no!
There's no escaping us!

Is there?

Team Debonairs (5):
Go on! Try scurrying away!

...okay!

Team Debonairs (5&6):
Oh, so sorry.
The stairs are closed for cleaning.

No, but they will be. There will be blood!

Team Debonairs (6):
Go on! Shreik! Shout!

I'd rather not.

Team Debonairs (7):
Oh, so sorry.

Laziness, right here.

Team Debonairs (8):
No, no, no!
There's no escaping us!

This is worse, though. Two people saying the same thing?

Team Debonairs (9):
Oh, so sorry.

Okay, now this line is stupid. Was it so much to ask to make two different lines after making eight of them? And maybe a few ones for trying to leave?

Team Debonairs (10):
So, where's all your tough talk now?

At least the last guy has a unique line.

Darkrai should be able to do something
about the goons!

Let this be a lesson to you. If you ever encounter and defeat pure darkness, be sure to befriend it, so it can save you at a later date by throwing people who surround you into the void.

I use the move Dark Power. Darkrai lifts up Vlad, everyone else on his team vanishes, and Vlad starts spazzing out as the darkness hovers around. And the Debonairs? They sweat up a storm.

Team Debonairs:
Wha-Wha-What's going on?!

I just realized: although red is used for females speaking and blue is used for males speaking (green is for Pokemon), they don't account for males and females speaking at the same time. All 10 Debonairs are saying this line, but the "Team Debonairs" part is in blue.

Team Debonairs (?):
What is this shadow?!

Two and eleven-fourteenths down.

Team Debonairs (1):
It's pulling me in!

Uhh...3 + 3x(11/14) down? I think that's right. Or close enough.

Team Debonairs (?):
Help! I'm scared!

Okay, now they're at varying heights...8 + (11/14) is close enough, though.

Team Debonairs (2):
Boss! Help!

9 + (5/7) down?

With that, Darkrai takes away the darkness, and drops me down. The Team Debonairs are seen being dropped into Nabiki Beach or whatever it's called. By the way, the season changed again inexplicably, and it's now high tide, at least for this mission (it was like that way in the Manaphy one too). So two of them end up getting plopped in the drink.

Awesome.

Also, I don't release Darkrai after that, violating Ranger rules. But it's a superlegendary, so it'll be all right!

Keith:
Mr. Kincaid, sir?

You're not going to join your beloved
followers?

Keith is such a douchebag. In an awesome way. I would like to think he'd be a little more surprised, though.

Kincaid:
Silence, Keith!
I can manage this myself!

Like you originally planned to, but then you went and wasted a bunch of goons.

Kincaid:
I don't put faith in others the way you do!

Dude, it's always good to have someone to watch your back. And if you didn't have faith in them, why did you even hire them?

Kincaid:
Minions, Pokemon...
They are merely tools to be used!

Oh god, if this is another hellishly long monologue...I just hope Kincaid really is evil and not corrupted.

Kincaid:
For example, like this!

Down comes...a Drapion and Gliscor! His Pokemon from before if I'm not mistaken. They go down much easier this time, despite being together. I just dropped a few meteors on them with Dragon Assist (Gabite), and switched to Ice Assist (Glalie) to finish off Gliscor.

Kincaid:
Why...?

Cause you suck!

Kincaid:
Why do you always derail my plans at the
last moment...?

I dunno. Maybe you should pick up the pace a little when you do them? Maybe be a little more subtle about it?

Prof. Hastings:
The last moment?

Are you certain of that?

Surprise Hastings!

Last edited:
Eh, I remember one being mentioned as being pretty good, but I forgot which game. Still, they are usually decent, but they leave out important information like game mechanics or certain content. Much better them than BradyGames, though. Some of their shit is...well...shit!

Meaning they no longer EXIST. NP ceased making them with, I believe, Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Meaning they no longer EXIST. NP ceased making them with, I believe, Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Ah, I thought you meant they were broken or ultimately useless. I didn't know about them not making them anymore. Cool, I guess?

Part 130: It's That Time Again!
Time for another pointlessly long congratulatory segment, that is. By the way, better late than never, but I should mention how the mission complete song (not the fanfare) is really annoying after a while.

Keith:
Prof. Hastings!

He has eyes at the back of his head, too.

Prof. Hastings:
Turning that Luminous Crystal back into
the Shadow Crystal is no easy matter.

So it was possible? Why couldn't Team Dim Sun have done it with Dark Shards too, then?

Prof. Hastings:
In fact, it would be well-nigh impossible.
The darkness in your heart is nothing.

Just take it over to Bin Laden's, that'll solve the problem. Worst case scenario: go back in time and take it to Germany.

Prof. Hastings:
It is but a speck compared to the light
that shines in the hearts of Almia's people.

But the Shadow Crystal only absorbs negative thoughts. Positive thoughts have no effect on it, last I understood.

Prof. Hastings:
If you doubt my words, take a stroll in the
port of Pueltown and see for yourself.

Ehh...not exactly the best example, doc, what with that couple, jealous fisherman/young fisherman, and crazed sailors who named themselves after where they sail too.

Prof. Hastings:
The weather is clear and wonderful.
Smiles light the faces of the citizens.

Yeah, weather can affect people's moods (some more than others, I think there's a mental condition that makes it really bad), but the weather hardly means anything when it comes to light in people's hearts.

Kincaid: "My next plan: To make it rain."

Prof. Hastings:
Your efforts were without meaning.

But it was affecting the citizens! In a negative way! Was this mission pointless, then!??!?! Damn it all!

Kincaid:
Urgggh...

Prof. Hastings:
Vlad, Keith, you both shone brighter
than ever today!

Mission Clear!

Even on Operation Brighton? Yeah, right. I destroyed the darkness then, and today, I used it.

Prof. Hastings:
Incidentally...
The eerie moving shadow seen by many...

Its identity appears to have been Darkrai
after all.

You mean you knew!?

Prof. Hastings:
Darkrai must have felt it had an obligation
to stay here.

But it's only shown up recently, like, when these guys have shown up recently. Why would it stay here and not be noticed until suddenly just now or do anything when people came up?!

Prof. Hastings:
It stayed because it felt it had to guard
the Luminous Crystal

from those hoping to use the Luminous
Crystal for their own greeding ends...

Yeah, like those hoping to turn it into a tourist attraction! Or those who want to steal all 120000 pounds of it and sell it!

Prof. Hastings:
Darkrai!
We will keep the Luminous Crystal shining!

We promise to protect its brilliance!
You can be sure of that!

At least until we don't.

Prof. Hastings:
I will personally take you to your rightful
place of being.

Hell?

Prof. Hastings:
...You have our thanks, Darkrai.

Okay. Oddly, though, the mission ends after this, with no sort of hint or discussion of where its "rightful place of being" is. I guess it's not that time again after all. The game doesn't even mention within the text that you can send it over - but the option is there on Ranger Net.

To: Pokemon Trainers

I have a Darkrai under my
care. I seek a Trainer wiling
to raise it. If you're the one,
please connect with Pokemon
Ranger: Shadows of Almia
and send your Application No.

Apparantly, Hastings sends all his sending letters annoymously. The Manaphy message and Riolu message are exactly the same, by the way. Just replace "Darkrai" with "Manaphy Egg" or "Riolu" respectively.

I just realized, too, as the camera shows a shot of the crystal and the gems - the Yellow Gem, as I said, is a moon. The Blue Gem is a tear. But the Red one? It's not much of anything.

And that's pretty much it, for now. It will probably be a while before the Dialga and Palkia ones come out, and the Shaymin one will be even longer.

(now watch me eat me words)

Last edited:
The Ampharos and Electrode fight was pretty hard, I caught Regigigas faster then those two! I think the main problem was that you couldn't charge because Electrode would either attack or explode near you and you had to be careful where you spun or you would break your line by hitting either Ampharos' electric mines or Ampharos/Electrode.

Ariados don't seem to attack, they just walk around the screen making web mines.

For Kincaid knowing it was you, who else could it possibly be trying to stop Team Dim Sun/Debonairs? As for knowing it was Keith, he either guessed, got a description from a minion and matched it to Keith's, or just recognized Keith's voice.

Also notice that when Darkrai dropped two of the Team Dim Sun/Debonairs minion into the water, they splash and vanish under the water. However, that should be shallow water, meaning that the most of them that should be underwater should be their legs, and most would be their middle chest.

I think the Red Gem one is suppose to be in shape of a flame.

The Ampharos and Electrode fight was pretty hard, I caught Regigigas faster then those two! I think the main problem was that you couldn't charge because Electrode would either attack or explode near you and you had to be careful where you spun or you would break your line by hitting either Ampharos' electric mines or Ampharos/Electrode.

Ariados don't seem to attack, they just walk around the screen making web mines.

That's what I meant. They didn't make any web mines. And I could've dominated the Ampharos and Electrode, had my partner been Sneasel. Dark assist would've shut'em down. Or Ice Assist. Or Ground Assist. Or Steel Assist.

I'm just glad Darkrai's ability finally came known. I was wondering what Dark Power did.

Plus, we got a free shot on getting an S rank on Gliscor and Drapion!

Now if only there were Mamoswine somewhere.

I replayed the entire game to S rank bosses and partners. It required using convenient save points and a lot of restarts, but I did it. I now have S ranked all the pokemon in the browser. I just found it easier to do it that way as opposed to trying to S rank the Capture Arena version of the bosses.

I'm just glad Darkrai's ability finally came known. I was wondering what Dark Power did.

Plus, we got a free shot on getting an S rank on Gliscor and Drapion!

Now if only there were Mamoswine somewhere.

You can replay the Special Missions, however you can only get 1 Manaphy Egg, Riolu, and Darkrai from each game.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom