• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - Information Thread

Hmn.

Straight scanned - the picture quality is so grainy, but they're saved for size and detail:

Luana + Kellyn + YEAHHH BIBAREL (673k)
BEDEHOO BEDEHOO (1.2m oh god) -- "They're going to maul me, I swear!"

And, extra:

Kellyn VS Heatran (354k) -- this actually comes out of the Holiday 2k8 issue of Nintendo Power, because uh. The biggest version of this picture in the guidebook has a logo slapped on it (it's a "miniature poster"). :|

Also, Pikachu315111, this is the only guardian-battle that I've seen an illustration for. If there are pictures for the other two, then they're MIA for the moment. It'd be nice if they had scenes for all three! (especially since they look like Kouki Saito's works, instead of whomever did the lackluster mission arts ;A;)

That is some funny storywork, System Error. Keep it up. I mean, keep writing. ;)

Hmn.

Straight scanned - the picture quality is so grainy, but they're saved for size and detail:

Luana + Kellyn + YEAHHH BIBAREL (673k)
BEDEHOO BEDEHOO (1.2m oh god) -- "They're going to maul me, I swear!"

And, extra:

Kellyn VS Heatran (354k) -- this actually comes out of the Holiday 2k8 issue of Nintendo Power, because uh. The biggest version of this picture in the guidebook has a logo slapped on it (it's a "miniature poster"). :|

Also, Pikachu315111, this is the only guardian-battle that I've seen an illustration for. If there are pictures for the other two, then they're MIA for the moment. It'd be nice if they had scenes for all three! (especially since they look like Kouki Saito's works, instead of whomever did the lackluster mission arts ;A;)

THANKS! MAN! It's awesome! The world will remember you!

Anyway, does the guide have a picture of Kincaid in civil clothes? The American Website doesn't include this art (Japanese one does but it's too small).

Last edited:
Anyway, does the guide have a picture of Kincaid in civil clothes? The American Website doesn't include this art (Japanese one does but it's too small).

I don't think they even show Kincaid's SPRITE properly, let alone his art.

THANKS! MAN! It's awesome! The world will remember you!

Here is the art of Mr. Kincaid... oops, I mean Mr. Kincaid, in his Teacher Cloths, however it is kind of small though:

Kincaid1.png

They either released the Darkrai Mission as a holiday present or because they are getting ready to use the Shaymin event as a way to promote the movie as Serebii suggested. Either way anyone who completes the mission gets a Level 50 Darkrai that knows Dark Void... hmm... I think I have the perfect Pokemon to catch Mesprit and Cresselia now...

Thanks for making me think that now I have something to use on the birds in Platinum besides a level 30-some Wobbuffet that I won't have the patience to train.

BTW, does anyone know where to find pictures of the boss-intro screens?

Thanks for making me think that now I have something to use on the birds in Platinum besides a level 30-some Wobbuffet that I won't have the patience to train.

BTW, does anyone know where to find pictures of the boss-intro screens?

Your welcome, I was using Uxie myself to try and catch Mesprit (already caught Azelf thanks to Uxie), though if I use Darkrai I'll hopefully be able to weaken it enough without knocking it out.

As for the boss intros, if you mean just he picture of the Pokemon they are up on the Official Pokemon Ranger English Site and look through the Strategy Center until you reach the part of the guide detailing you about the boss battles. If you want the intro with the name and banner, your best bet would be going to Youtube.

Okay, the Dialga & Palkia missions are now up for download! Played them awhile ago and the missions were enjoyable.

My favorite by far was Palkia's, I couldn't stop laughing everytime I entered one entrance and wound up somewhere else. Though the best part was seeing the Fisherman fishing in sand and lava! :lol: When I was in Haruba Village I did try to leave to the Haruba Desert but I wound up at the southern entrance of Haruba Village so the story was obviously made to be linear. As for the actual battle against Palkia, it was interesting but an easy capture. The teleporting to different areas only made the field obstacle look different (though it was basically the same thing, a tower which causes 3 damage if you touch it).

As for Dialga's mission, it started out fun (Dialga sending you back into time to when your family just bought the house in Chicole Village), but when the actual mission began it was like a usual mission in the Almia Castle (Getting Vulpix to light torches, Mismagius to open Psy Doors, Ninetails to melt giant ice blocks, etc.). It actually started out a bit creepy with your little sister (Why couldn't they come up with a name for her?) tried waking you up but eventually having a batch of babel inbetween the "Dia" and "lga", and "waking up and walking through an empty house with no music playing. But after that, it turned a bit funny, especially how you found out how Ollie got that "job" from Team Dim Sun. I looked ahead a bit and foudn out that Dialga's battle has a time limit of 1 minute and 30 seconds, in which after he resets the mission. Because of that I got Machop as my Partner Pokemon before the mission (also caught a Riolu in the room where the needed Houndoom was) and used their Assists to capture it quickly (Fighting-type Assists double the points you do on the capturing Pokemon's Friendship Bar).

Overall the missions were okay and a bit fun, the trivial information and sights were funny but that's all I can really say. The Extra Missions were better, but that might be because I got Pokemon from them (I already have Dialga so no big deal, but I would have really liked a Palkia). I think that after you completed both of the missions you would be given the choice to whether you want a Dialga or Palkia. Oh well, at leasy I have my Manahpy, Riolu, and Darkrai! :D

I hope that this means that when the 11th Movie is released they'll release the Shaymin mission which is the last extra mission (unless they release one for Arceus).

I'm just wondering if these are pre-programmed in the game and they only use wifi to activate it. I hope not because it would be cool for more missions to pop up (thinks of the possibilities of Ranger3 with DSi Ware)

Probably. It's usually the way it is with Nintendo and things like this.

And god damn it, I just reached Level 20 on Fallout 3. Oh well, whatever. I guess I can go from saving Rangers from rip-offs of The Thing (even though I did that mission a couple days ago) to saving Rangers from a giant...metal...quadrapedal...time thing. I've come this far, so I might as well do...

Part 131: Any Bets on How Badly I'll Fuck Up?
Let's start with the Dialga one, named "Dialga in Hia Valley!?" This sounds an awful lot like an untranslated Japanese name. What's their obsession with exclaimed questions, anyway?

This mission is from Hastings, and it states...

Ranger Union
Prof. Hastings

Dialga has appeared!
Its presence is causing the flow of time to
distort, with Hia Valley as the epicenter!
Head to Almia Castle at once and capture
Dialga!

Okay, cool.

This mission opens with...

Little Sis:
Big Brother, it's morning!

Oh god, I'm already in need of rescuing. SAVE ME DIALGA. MAKE IT NIGHT. PLEASE.

Little Sis:
...Big Brother?
Wake up!

I wouldn't be surprised if a hentai comic of these two haven't been made by now.

Little Sis:
Um, Big Brother...
It's morning already!

It's noon already!
It's night already!

I can't tell if this is Dialga's work, or if she's just being stupid.

Little Sis:
Morning morning morning, Nooon, night
Dia mumble mumble here is lga...

Well, we've got our answer, boys and girls. Why she freaked out, I don't know. Why she doesn't regard sunset or whatever as a time of day, I don't know. But know this much: things are fucked up right now.

Little Sis:
Huh?!

At least, I think she said it. Vlad gets out of bed by himself after this. Interestingly, I tried to examine the TV and bookshelf again, for kicks, but the usual descriptions weren't there.

It's a brand-new refrigerator.
There is nothing in it yet.

This is the only examinable object in the house. Which leads me to wonder...did Vlad's mother actually buy a refridgerator at the start of the game and not put anything in it? Or is this actually new? When I leave...

Property Manager:
Hey, now!

Oh shit, it the repo men! Damn American scum.

Property Manager:
How did you get in there?
Didn't you read that sign?

Ah, I just went back in time. Wait, I went back in time?! This is some serious shit!

Property Manager:
This house has been sold to a nice family.
They're moving in soon.

You shouldn't be trespassing in there!

It is of utmost importance that I don't run into myself. This could cause a time paradox.

New Family Home
SOLD

That's one of those things that can destroy the universe.

Property Manager:
A family of four from Fiore is going to move
into this house.

Their father apparantly wants to start a
farm in this village.

Interestingly, the path to where Partner Farm was is not there at all! I took Snover along with me, by the way. I had to go in and save before this. Because with loop rust, and not being able to save...I'm not taking any chances. But shit man, I'm in the past! Okay, only a bit into the past, but still, the past! Shit man. Just shit.

Part 132: Miiiissssterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaandmaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn...(I should've taken that perk in Fallout 3)
We must be careful not to run into our other selves! There are now two of me here, and there are two of Snover here! The other me is in Ranger School, learning about being a Ranger, the other Snover is...uhhhh...well, anyway, I'm walking around four months ago (random estimate), when I find...

Lady:
I'm afraid I got too cross with my son and
said more than I should have.

I felt I had to, though.
He has no job, and he just loafs all day...

So he's a SLACKER, is he?

Old Woman:
The lady of that house got into a huge
argument with her son.

It's Ollie's, if you haven't guessed already. Who we still don't know the actual name of.

Old Woman:
He was shouting about leaving, and she
yelled at him to go right ahead.

Pokemon Ranger: bringing accurate descriptions of social norms to you since...never. Well, this could happen, but...I don't know where I'm going with this. I gotta get back into the groove, man!

Old Woman:
It was quite spectacular.

All right...here we go...what kind of old woman gets off on seeing a kid and his mom argue? Is she like...some kind of advocate against Odypeus Complexes or something? Was she raped by her son, maybe that's why she is...ah, I've got nothing.

The two houses to the north of the town? They're empty too, by the way.

New Family Home
Tenants Wanted

This implies that this town was built fairly recently.

Creepy Guy:
Hey, there, you look like a strappy young
lad.

Near the house where Riolu-yiffer moves in, I see...Creepy Guy! He kinda looks like Kincaid, but I can't really tell.

Creepy Guy:
You look perfect for this job I have.
It's easy and pays well, too. Interested?

I think he's in conversation with Ollie...but what doesn't make sense is how the fire incident took place a lot later than this.

Ollie:
An easy job?

WHA-...I type these in realtime. And I said it was Ollie, although it was just a guess. But it is Ollie! What the fuck?! But yeah, the incident with the fire takes place a long time after all this stuff happens, so this means Ollie had a history of working for Dim Sun when we found him! A two or three month history BUT A HISTORY NONETHELESS DAMN IT.

Creepy Guy:
It's as easy as easy can be.

I thought as easy as easy can be was your mom. Oh snap!

Creepy Guy:
All you have to do is go around and fuel
some machines.

I suppose you know what they are, right?

Creepy Guy:
And listen, this is just between you and me,
all right?

The pay is pretty much the same as what an
average Altru employee makes.

Unfortunately, Creepy Guy fails to state what that average is, so it could be close to minimum wage for all our oily friend knows.

Ollie:
The same as an Altru employee's pay?!

NOOOOOOOOO...YOU FOOL! It's a trap!

Creepy Guy:
You heard right.
But the job will entail lots of travel.

So, it seems that our oily friend was the catalyst for the entire plot. Good job.

Creepy Guy:
You won't be going home very often, I can
tell you that right now.

Kincaid/Creepy Guy: caring about other people since 1985.

Man:
This is the new village of Chicole.
We're just to the south of Vientown.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just build an expansion of Vientown instead.

Man:
I'm trying to decide if I should move the
family here.

Riolu-yiffers' dad?!

Man:
I like the atmosphere here.

But there's been a creepy guy wandering
around who gives me a bad feeling.

Why hasn't Property Manager kicked him out, then? Creepy guys are bad for real estate!

Paula:
This place is it! I've chosen!
We'll move in tommorow!

Now that's speedy moving service!

Paul:
Being a dedicated follower of a band is a lot
of commitment.

So that's why there was nothing in the refridgerator! And why there was no Nintendo Wii or no books...even though they actually were there graphically! Was a few pixels too much to ask? Did it actually come with a TV? I wish that happened in real life...

Wendy:
Vlad!

It's Wendy! Did she get sent back too? Why? Does Dialga have a sick sense of humor? She's engaged to her bird, you freak!

Wendy:
I'm glad I finally found you.

Wait, so she KNEW I was here? How??? What's going on here?

Wendy:
This is completely weird, isn't it?
I couldn't figure it out, either.

Needs more looking at a newspaper and seeing the date.

Wendy:
We have to go back to Almia Castle right
away.

Nope, not the future, not 1955, but Almia Castle. Wonderful. Wendy still is scarse on the details, not explaining at all how she figured it out, and I don't get to explore Vientown in the past.

Wendy:
...Oh?
Your family's disappeared?

Well, no shit Vlad. This is the past! Just be thankful you can't interfere with your parent's first meeting!

Wendy:
Well, yes. Don't you get it yet?
We've been sent back in time somehow.

I did. But why me? And why you? Dialga must be planning some kind of-wait, I used that one already, didn't I?

Wendy:
This is a time before your family move to
Chicole Village.

Well, it's not as far back as I had hoped (interacting with past Erma/Hastings/Spenderififabolousorwhateverthehell, or even prehistoric times), but hey. Let's make due with what we've got.

Wendy:
...You still don't seem to remember.

I do. My memory's not bad.

Wendy:
Vlad, you and I went to Almia Castle
to take a Dialga into protection.

This, I do not remember. Why did Little Sis even wake me up there? Did she not question how I got in there? Or why there were potentially two of me? It looks like this game runs on the Grandfather Paradox system, just like in Back to the Future.

Wendy:
We finally located Dialga deep inside the
Castle.

Okay.

Wendy:
When we found it, we discovered that it
was injured...

Yes, yes...

Wendy:
Even though it's hurt, Dialga is still a
legendary Pokemon.

I don't think it's about to let us capture
it easily...

So is this a flashback or is this for real? I hope it's not...I need to build up my partner gauge, baby! Can't go on without it!

Wendy:
But it's for Dialga's own sake.
Let's try capturing it again!

FUCK!

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, Dialga isn't taking any of that shit. By the way, all I see of it is...well, I don't get to see it yet. All I see are two crystals and some moving shadow. But back to not taking any of that shit: the entire place starts to shake.

Wendy:
What?! What is this?!
Is this Dialga's move?
The Roar of Time?!

Honestly, I was expecting THE Roar of Time to be...well, not earthquake inducing. Also note how it's THE Roar of Time. You can't forget the THE, pronounced "Thee".

Wendy:
Oh! It's so bright!

I'm not seeing it.

Oh, now I see it.

Wendy:
...That's what happened.

Oh! Thank god. That was just a flashback. Still, "again"?! Is this going to be some kind of crazy thing where I have to do things over and over and over again?!

Wendy:
Do you remember now?

And another thing: how did I even end up here? I thought spatial movement was Palkia's job, not Dialga's.

Wendy:
Let's go back to the Castle.
Dialga's injury worries me.

But Dialga shouldn't be there. This is a time before that happened! Before it was there! Did it suddenly show up in the past, not giving a FUCK that the Blue Gem was around? This is too goddamned confusing!

Wendy:
More important, if we don't fix this, we
can't go back to our future!

Personally, I'd just grab a Celebi, and say, "let's do this shit". Better than interefering with the past.

And another thing: don't the Ranger Union have a device that keeps track of all the Rangers through their styluses? What would they have to say about two blips suddenly showing up on the radar from seemingly nowhere, one of which is a copy of one of their own members, and another is one that they have never seen before with a unique styler? If I were them I'd be all like "what is this" and check it out. Damn Japan. They have NO idea how time travel works at all!

Part 133: Yep, No Idea At All.
Wendy:
Oh yes.
I should return this to you.

Return what?

You obtained the Vatonage Styler!

...it was missing?

Wendy:
It must have become unclipped when we
were hit by Dialga's move.

And how did she even find it?

Wendy:
Well, this has taken a turn for the bizarre,
but our Mission's back on!

Whee!

Extra Mission
Dialga in Hia Valley !?

And I don't even get time to prepare before Staraptor drops me into the castle. Wonderful.

Wendy:
If we can capture Dialga, I think we can
get back to our time.

FINALLY, it's in the past, but Regigigas finally gets to suck it. You won't be the last Pokemon in MY database you...fat...faggot!

Wendy:
We have to succeed this time!

Or...you know...we could go back further. Or even to the future beyond our time. How about that?

Dialga:
Gugyugubah!

Already?

Wendy:
That's Dialga crying.
It sounds like it's in pain.

In pain sounds like its normal cry. And if I can hear it from out here so clear, I want protective earwear for the real thing.

Wendy:
Let's hurry!

k.

Wait...everything is all different! And was there mist here in the inside of the castle itself? I don't remember that block of ice being there! Or that twilight princess door door! Oh wait...yes I do. I had to clear it out before. But then...if I sublime it in the past, that would cause a major paradox! I wouldn't be able to get rid of them in the future! Oh shit! OHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT.

Anyway, the puzzle proceeds as before, the only difference being that the door to the lower floors is locked. And I can't even target clear the block of ice! What happens if I fall down in the next room? Will I be stuck? I shall see!

Interestingly, a Weavile is hanging out around Mismagius' room. I need Mismagius to open the Twilight Princess door. I remember that much. I caught Weavile for the hell of it, and found that indeed - I was rusty. I still won though, mostly thanks to Snover, but the first half of HP was all me, baby!

I lit the torches to Mismagius' room, and caught it with little trouble. And I'm stuck with a single Raichu for HP restoration in battlle, ugh.

So yeah. I was also close to levelling up, so I grinded a bit until I hit the next level. Just 'cause! And to that ice block blocking question?

Well, the next room was all different! Now it's ice-filled and there's big ice blocks everywhere! With Swinubs and Piloswine! And Glalie and Walrein! And blocks that require Burn 2 to melt! And a really big one that needs Burn 4!

Wendy:
Dialga's cries...
It must be suffering.

Or roaring in delight.

The room on the left, the only one I can go into, has...way too many Weaviles. Not really appropriate for a former boss, don't you think? There's also a Houndoom (what I need) and a Riolu (which I may or may not need) here. I take the Houndoom, sublime the ice, and head into the right room.

There's a Ninetales in here with another Raichu. I get'em both.

Wendy:
It's just up here.
Dialga's room.

Cue zoom-in on giant block of ice.

Wendy:
Dialga is very aggressive because of
its painful injury.

The capture has to be gentle and quick
to succeed.

Quick? Damn it!

I'll mention now that this was a wasted opportunity: why not send us back to a time where the castle was inhabited? All that changed was one room, and we're still not sure how.

Wendy:
There's Dialga!

Now I see it, and I also see some weird hole in space. Ever play the original Star Fox? Ever got to Out of this Dimension? That's what it kind of looks like. All fazy and shit.

Wendy:
That poor thing...

I wonder what caused its injury?

Misuse of time travel. Like...sending two Rangers back in time.

Wendy:
Dialga!
We're here to help you!

All right! Let's do this shit!

Wendy:
If Dialga suffers too much, it's liable
to use its Roar of Time.

Now it's not worthy of the title of THE.

Wendy:
If that were to happen, we'd be sent back
in time again.

Oh, how I wish it would be more interesting then this.

Wendy:
We need to capture it quickly before it
uses that move.

I mean, it's interesting, but I'm just going to say "fuck it" now and freeze that bitch solid. I'm not in the mood for starting over.

Wendy:
We don't have much time, period.
Let's move it!

And I was going to see how it fights too...oh well.

Wendy:
Vlad, when we're ready, capture
Dialga!

I get ready by capturing all the Ice types I can carry. The previous room gives a more than generous supply. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was coming onto me with the number it gave me.

Dialga gets a boss intro, and Gem Guardian music. And...guess what? To further along that "it's coming onto me" ideal, the game makes Dialga a Dragon Type, not a Steel Type, making Ice types even MORE effective!

Fortunately, one charge of Snover was enough to capture it. Barely. It tried to use an attack at one point - but all that formed in it was a single line.

268. Dialga

Finally, Regigigas sucks it! You're not the last entry I got anymore, dipshit!

Wendy:
It worked this time!

Dialga is finally calming down.

Glad that's over.

Wendy:
It's got a bad wound on its leg...
Let me treat it, Dialga.

Mis-use of time travel. And Wendy has Pokemon-treating medical supplies on her, which is...unusual preparation.

Wendy:
But, Dialga...
A Pokemon like you'd get hurt...?

I tried to understand what Wendy was saying here. I failed. So I'm just passing it off as Engrish.

Wendy:
You must have run into a very tough
Pokemon like yourself.

Mis-use of time travel! A very tough Pokemon like itself is...itself! It ran into its past self! Or its future self! And it got injured! Time travel physics are fun!

Wendy:
You'll be fine now.
The wound will heal before long.

Dialga walks into the space time hole and disappears. The hole itself disappears as well. And now, it's time for the obligatory 700000 congratulatory messages.

Wendy:
I'm not sure which period in time
Dialga returned to...

I'm wondering which period in time it returned us to. There was no graphical evidence of it doing anything! One thing to note: it's not snowing outside the castle. That's all I know.

Wendy:
But did we return to our own time?

Well, in our own time, it never stops snowing outside, so...

Voicemail from Hastings!

Prof. Hastings:
Your location indicators disappeared from
our monitors for around ten seconds.

So we were only gone for ten seconds, but we've aged around a day. Now everything will be thrown off. And I was right - there are location indicators, so what happened in the past when two mysterious ones suddenly showed up?

Prof. Hastings:
What happened?
Are you two all right?

Wait, this means we could've potentially saw our former selves when we warped back!

Prof. Hastings:
We need to two to capture Dialga
as soon as possible!

You're around four months late to the party, Hastings.

And god damn, did they not notice Dialga when they went to the past or something? That could've caused a major paradox! I told you Japan has no idea how time travel works.

Wendy:
...Uh, no, nothing's the matter.

Also, Vlad has already captured
Dialga just now!

Wendy feels the need to not mention what we went through for whatever reason. I don't blame her.

Prof. Hastings:
Wh-Wh-What?! That's unbelievable!

That's an incredibly fast capture!
This could be a record of some sort!

More of a record than you think...but yeah, it'd be better if he didn't know. The bad news is, I'm still going to have to sit through too many congratulatory messages.

Prof. Hastings:
I'll need you to fill me in with all the details
when you return to the Union.

Well, might as well ride this lie as long as possible.

Prof. Hastings:
See you!

Wendy:
Oh, Prof. Hastings!

That's probably because there was a
distortion of time...

...He hung up already.

Ah! Telling the truth, but being vague about it. Brilliant!

Wendy:
Well, fine.
Let's leave it as an incredible record.

Fine by me.

Wendy:
Of course, we'll never really know exactly
how long it took to make the capture...

Eh, I'd say two or three minutes. By my rough estimate.

Wendy:
Still, it's a Mission Clear.

Hell yeah.

It starts snowing again right away afterwards. They did that on purpose.

Wendy:
I was thinking it's chilly.
Look.

I see.

Wendy:
Vlad...

Shippers, get ready for this. Evidence for your obsession is coming up, and it's more solid than most of the shit I see.

Wendy:
We were able to return to the present
because of you.

Thank you.

There's nothing like a "romantic" exchange under snow. Even though it could just be the social norm in Japan and misunderstood by other audiences. For the record, I'm just stating it as it is. I don't think it's true at all.

Now for the congrat-

Do not turn off the power.
Saving data......

Oh, thank the merciful lord.

Last edited:
Response to System Error

The images that went through my head seeing the name "creepy Guy" is just wrong.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just build an expansion of Vientown instead

Fear of foreigners? Trying to keep look bigger by having more than two cities in the mainland?

Also you'd think having to clear up that giant Ice block in the past meant we didn't need to again in the future :/

Last edited:
Also you'd think having to clear up that giant Ice block in the past meant we didn't need to again in the future :/

We didn't. The only giant ice blocks sublimed were in the...well, what would become the ice maze over pits. We never had to clear them in the future, because the room was different. How the room got that way, as I said, I haven't the slightest. But the torches, and the Twilight Princess door? Yeah, those pose weird temporal-related problems.

I'll do the Palkia mission tommorow.

By which I mean in a few days. I started to type it up, but then lost it. Early on, fortunately. Stupid keyboard shortcuts/mouse gestures.

Part 134: They Just Had To, Didn't They?

Last edited:
We didn't. The only giant ice blocks sublimed were in the...well, what would become the ice maze over pits. We never had to clear them in the future, because the room was different. How the room got that way, as I said, I haven't the slightest. But the torches, and the Twilight Princess door? Yeah, those pose weird temporal-related problems.

I'll do the Palkia mission tommorow.

By which I mean in a few days. I started to type it up, but then lost it. Early on, fortunately. Stupid keyboard shortcuts/mouse gestures.

That's okay, there is a lot to write up for that mission. You don't have to sweat it though, if you lost a few lines you can always redo the mission.

And it's a good thing it's a fun mission (despite where it makes you go).

It's been a cool experience, reading the thread as I played through the game, as I love funny commentaries... too bad I now don't really have anything else to do on my game besides wait for the Shaymin mission, and I wouldn't even need to keep the same save file anyway...

Also, I'm kinda puzzled as to why some Pokemon in the game, they didn't put every evolution stage for.

Oh, and also, it makes me feel better to know that I'm in fact not the worst about doing things in games in unnecessarily long ways. XD

Last edited:
And it's a good thing it's a fun mission (despite where it makes you go).

It's been a cool experience, reading the thread as I played through the game, as I love funny commentaries... too bad I now don't really have anything else to do on my game besides wait for the Shaymin mission, and I wouldn't even need to keep the same save file anyway...

Also, I'm kinda puzzled as to why some Pokemon in the game, they didn't put every evolution stage for.

Oh, and also, it makes me feel better to know that I'm in fact not the worst about doing things in games in unnecessarily long ways. XD

Where it takes you are okay (they thankully got rid of those Golem in the first room of Hippowdon Temple) and I quite liked the fisherman fishing in sand and lava and despite complaining about it, they still have their line in the sand and lava. :D

Yay, I'm pretty much also waiting for Shaymin. I'm hoping there is also an Arceus Mission coming soon. No one knew of the extra missions until Nintendo announced you could download them, making me think these missions aren't programmed into the game like the Manaphy Mission was in the original Pokemon Ranger. I'm sure people hacked into the game (that is how all the music from the game gets onto the Youtube, people hack into games and "rip" out the music/sound files), so someone should have found the extra missions before they were announced if they were programmed into the game ahead of time. I was hopeful this means they'll released Mission Packs where you could download it and gain extra missions and quests, but no dice.

Speaking of the Shaymin Mission, I was kind of sad that it isn't downloadable. Darkrai is just as strong as Shaymin (stats total 600) but for some reason they decided that though people can have two Darkrai (one from the movie, one from the game) they can't has two Shaymins *shrugs*. If there is an Arceus mission it would probably not be downloadable which stinks because I don't have a local ToysR'Us near me (though luckily a GameStop opened up a few blocks down but these movie distributing events usually happen at ToysR'Us in the U.S.).

I think when they make the game, they have a general idea of what Pokemon would generally fit into a certain type of area (Pokemon that would be in a forest, tundra, desert, etc.) and after that they then choose Pokemon which they would need for certain events or will be given an ability that would be helpful to the player. I think it's the Pokemon that are picked for having a special ability or purpose later on in the game are the ones who have missing evolutions and such (mainly cause they don't need the pre-evolutions/evolutions, they just need that Pokemon). At least this time they included Eevee in the game, the last game only had its evolutions at that time.

It was actualy only the first four lines i lost, believe it or not. And my apologizes. Fighting mutated fire-breathing ants, battling a bunch of clones of a guy called "Gary", getting a radio dish from an old museum that's ten times lighter than a vacuum cleaner, stopping dillusional "superhumans", and killing actual superhumans (by firing nuclear clusterbombs) took a priority. And it still is. >_>

Oh, and the missions are pre-programmed into the game, and there is no Arceus mission. It doesn't matter much, though.

Okay, it's time to move on!

Ranger Union
Prof Hastings

Spatial distortion pockets have begun,
with the Haruba Desert as their centers!
Get to the Hippowdon Temple without delay and
capture Palkia that appeared there!

By which I mean send me back to the Hippowdon Temple again. Son of a bitch. Note the shaky grammar too: "capture Palkia that appeared there!"

Well, anyway, I start the mission up and get a shot of the Ranger Union. I finally get to see the second floor from the outside! It seems the hole in the wall is indeed not there from the outside. Well...you know...that or it's been fixed. >_>

It happened one day...

This line...what? The way it's worded makes it seem as though this castastrophe was bound to happen. That and it's just so...plain. Maybe it makes it like that because it's so plain. Why not add a description? That would fix both problems. "It happened one bright summer day", or "it happened one foggy afternoon", or "it happened on a good day to die when it was literally raining cats and dogs". Just don't leave it at "one day"

Fade to the green screen room in the Union...there's Vladimir, along with Hastings and the other great fat fuck (Murph).

Prof. Hastings:
We are currently investigating if the
Incredible Machine had any residual effects.

It's a far-flung investigation spanning
the whole of the Almia region.

Dude. Isn't this the kind of thing you normally check...you know...a short time after it happens? I can see it having residual effects, sure. It's not that "far-flung" for something that distorts the very balance between light and dark (that many things seem to forget when it pertains to having too much light, as I might add) to have side-effects. But if not checked shortly, the results could be skewed by outside influences that had time to build-up between then and the experiment. Don't these scientists know anything about controlled environments?!

Prof. Hastings:
I've assigned Sven and Wendy to this
Mission.

And you're telling me...why? Oh wait! Let me guess! You need me to go...

Prof. Hastings:
However, as you know, Almia is vast.

Wait for it...

Prof. Hastings:
Therefore, Vlad, I would like you to
join the investigative team.

Well, I'll be damned. Better than patrolling!

Wait, what's this? A call?

Sven:
I'm in Haruba Village now.
There's something weird happening.

Speaking of which, your mother and I did something weird last night. ;) ;) ;)

Sven:
I need backup.

k.

Prof. Hastings:
A mere mention of his name, and we get
a voicemail.

Hmm...yeah...

Vlad: "If we mention name of other people, perhaps Bin Laden, you think we get voicemail from him too?"

Prof. Hastings:
Something's obviously happened in the
Haruba Desert.

Dude, I know their rain dance rituals are weird, but give their culture some respect at least!

Prof. Hastings:
Vlad, go out to the desert and join
Sven's investigation.

Fuck yeah! I gain control...

Murph:
Ooh, desert, huh? All that sand.

I'd sure like to travel all over Almia, too.

Then do it. DO IT FAGGOT. It'd get you out of here for once.

Prof. Hastings:
Vlad, go out to the Haruba Desert
and join Sven's investigation.

Nothing too interesting from the doc, but he rewords his previous statement for whatever reason.

Sven:
Vlad?!

Snake?! SNAKE?!?!?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!

Sven just came in with his Luxray.

Sven:
Murph and Prof. Hastings, too?
What's going on here?

Don't ask me.

Henry:
Now, hold on!
What are you folks doing in my house?

Who the fuck?

Henry:
...In my house?
Th-This doesn't seem like my place!

Well, it's not Bin Laden, but he's Arab, so he'll do.

Sven:
Wh-What? This place?

Wh-Wh-Why is ev-ev-everyone stu-stu-stuttering?

Sven:
I knew I recognized it, but...
The Union's Conference Room?

Ah, so this is the conference room?

Prof. Hastings:
Sven?!

Didn't you just send a voicemail from the
Haruba Desert?

He did.

Sven:
I surely did, but...

But what?

Sven:
Hah? What's this about?

:D

Sven:
That's it!

He runs out like a maniac.

Prof. Hastings:
Stop! Sven!
Wait! Wait, I say!

Hastings is British? Makes sense.

Prof. Hastings:
Vlad!
Follow him!

No thanks.

Prof. Hastings
Something decidedly odd is taking place!
This is a Mission!

Well, no shit.

- Extra Mission
Palkia in Haruba Desert?!

Again with the Japanese name and its general weirdness.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom