• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Ranger

AbareMax

Your Italian Pokémon Fan!
Reaction score
Has anyone played this game? I've pondered buying it, but I'm not sure. I wanted to see how it faired against the fine members of the Forums. Liksang has it for around $50. I've had good experiences with them, because that's where I purchased my Emerald (JP). If there are other sites out there, please let me know.

Harpazo

I'm not sure where you are from, but the game is coming to the US really soon, and to the rest of the world not so much more far off. I think you might as well wait, unless you're more confortable with japanese than any other language...

Otherwise, if you have to import some pokemon game, I'd import Daimond and Pearl, which comes out next month. Ranger is a good game, but its been out for so long in japan and so close to being released in the rest of the world, that its almost a bad idea to get it now.

Also, I prefer playasia to Liksang. I've had too many problems with Liksang (not safety or securty problems... anything urgent like that. Just mainly annoyances, and stock annoyances)

There also is YesAsia which sells games closer to Japanese retail price, but their shipping always seems horrible to me, because when ever I order something from them the box is dinged or somewhat smashed!

There are lots of other sites too, but they don't stand out as much to me.

I do seem more comfortable with the Japanese games. It just gives it an authentic feel. I plan on importing Pearl, indeed. Who wouldn't? When is the release date for Ranger in the US?

Harpazo

BTW I live in VA

Cool I live in Maryland.

Well look for Ranger to be out by the end of October (30).

Also if you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend Mysterious Dungeon.
It too comes out soon, September 18th.

My friend and I are really excited about Myserious Dungeon. I haven't heard enough about Ranger to be really excited about it, but, from what I've heard, it sounds awesome! It uses the touch screen a lot, I've heard...

Yeah, I would just wait to get Ranger when it comes out in the US.

Although, it doesn't seem to be as text based as a normal Pokemon game, so it is easier to play in Japanese....

I'm actually planning on ordering Diamond, yet i'm holding off on that. I'm waiting to see which one my friend orders. I'd rather buy the Japanese version of Ranger, it just gives it a more authentic feel.

Harpazo

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom