• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Ranger!

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I saw this on Serebii, he said in Corocoro there was something called Pokemon Ranger. He said it came out in 2006 and he didn't know if it was a game or a movie.

Anybody else have Nfo? :lx206:

It's most probably a game, and it was (will be?) mentioned in the next movie trailer.

Wah Wah Wah!? For some reason when you said this I pictured Super Pokemon Sentai Ranger, and pikachu was the red ranger!

Maybe it is a more offical name to the Pikachu's Dungeon game, or maybe it is just a new comic coming to coro coro. Though I wish it was a Pokemon Snap sequel for the Revolution and/or DS (though pokemon power rangers does sound intresting!)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought of Power Rangers. XD

I think it will be like Pokemon Snap, but i may be wrong. Als o at firs i did too. lol.

danny3165 said:
I think it will be like Pokemon Snap, but i may be wrong. Als o at firs i did too. lol.

I agree with danny, but I think it will be more of a western-like game. Maybe some open fields, pastures, a forest, a few mountains; just a whole bunch of different areas where you get to possibly take care of Pokémon?

MY THEORY:

This could be completely stupid, but I'm gonna say it anyway. Perhaps this game will be for the DS (most likely), and it will somehow allow you to hold your Pokémon from the GBA games onto it.

Somewhat like a Pokémon Box-style game, BUT you get to sort of take care of Pokémon, nurture them, breed them etc. I feel like the game will have a Harvest Moon atmosphere to it, but one can only hope...

AbareMax

^^^ Yeah, that's what I was wanting, but I think your idea kind of kicks ass.

I was thinking maybe you play the role of a park ranger (like those you fight in the national parks) and you can monitor pokemon and such. However, adding to that you taking care of the pokemon in your box is even cooler.

It'd be like Hey You Pikachu mixed with Pokemon Snap, and maybe even a little pokemon stadium, who knows? However that idea does rock, or at least what I understand from it:

> You'd be able to take care of pokemon that are injured or sick, but you have to go out and find them like a park ranger would.

>You have to feed, groom, and raise some like a pet sim. Making the personalities of the pokemon come out more into color into this game.

>You could probably take pictures of them being in the wild by sneaking around

>You have to monitor the environment, people visiting, and keep out pokemon poachers.

>You DRIVE A TRUCK like officer jenny in that Kangaskhan eppisode!!

I just think that'd be the best spin-off since pokemon snap!

Full translation of that Corocoro scan here.

Coronis said:
This Corocoro scan features an interview with the three main people, the producer (Tsunegazashi Ishihara), the director (Jyunichishi Masuda), and the art/graphic director (Kenshi Sugimori), involved in the development of D/P.

What we know about D/P from this interview:

1) DS is confirmed to be the platform for D/P, and like before, both games will come out together

2) The games will be able to connect with both the GBA and GC, and the producer said they will be compatible with all the GBA games released so far (he didn't mention Colosseum and XD in particular, but it's granted that they might be too), and you can transfer all the pokemon you worked hard on in R/S/E/FR/LG to D/P (most likely there will be limitations like you can't trade before you beat something in D/P, although it isn't mentioned)

3) Neither of the three men specified the exact number of new pokemons, but they just say there will be a lot, including both pre-evo and new evo of existing pokemons

4) The new pokemons revealed so far like Munchlax and Rukario will be in the games, though they still haven't finalized how their roles will be. Corocoro's small bracket quote states that the same pokemon usually plays a different role in the movies and in the games

5) D/P takes place in a completely different new region compared with Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. However, this new region's inhabitants will certainly include existing pokemons. The Corocoro quote wonders if it will be a high-tech region like Orre in XD

6) How the opening sequence of D/P will be remains undecided. Up to R/S/E, players pick one out of three starters and add 5 more members to build their team. The three men didn't mention if this trend will change, but said everything is still under discussion

7) About the new features of DS, the producer mentioned that D/P will make use of DS's capability of linking 16 players together, and will most likely make use of the touch-screen function like Dash

8) The producer confirms that there will not be new types, but there will be new type combinations, like Rukario's steel/fighting combo type

9) Pokemon Ranger - The Path to Diamond and Pearl, will be a project released in 2006 that goes in conjunction with the new movie and anime (it doesn't mean they will come out together, just that all these new pokemon stuff will all enter the pokemon world in 2006, and complement each other). The Corocoro quote mentions that the preview of next year's movie (probably shown during movie 8) will feature this Pokemon Ranger title.

*Now, there is no real proof that this is a game, so I'll just call it a project from the literal Japanese translation, although this Japanese term is often used to describe games. Since Corocoro calls it the new project aside from D/P, chances are it is a game.

Finally, at the top left corner, D/P will come out in 2006, without a set date or price yet.

Coronis~

Last edited:
bell02 alpha said:
Wah Wah Wah!? For some reason when you said this I pictured Super Pokemon Sentai Ranger, and pikachu was the red ranger!
QUOTE]
XD that is exactly what popped in my head bell02!

That is some rather impressive detail on DP. It seems that the Pokemon Ranger seems to be nothing more than a codename much like all early beta software and hardware. But here's hoping for everything they say DP will be!

My guess would be that it is simply the title for the next pokemon series, much as Advanced Generation was used for the Hoenn League/Battle Frontier. The fact that it will be used in the next movies title seems to point to this.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking of the Power Rangers when I first saw that ^^;

I dont know Pokemon Ranger - Path to Diamond and Pearl, sounds like a game due to the fact that I dont think the anime would make a reference to diamond and pearl. It still brings up interest though.

I think the Name is just "Pokemon Ranger" The part that said "the path to D/P" wasn't on the logo and was nothing more than bold text. I thnk it was just something to obscurely describe "Pokemon Ranger"

---

I guess maybe it was part of the title, but it looks weird. I still say it's probably not part of it. Unless this is the name of a Festival in japan to celebrate the game or the name of a "Xenofreaks" type game, it would never make reverence to another gamelike that... (thinks of the US name of Pokemon Stadium 3... ok that doesn't count!)

Last edited:
Sounds like Pokemon Ranger might be the name of the next series. Why would you need a seperate game to be the path to Diamond and Pearl when you could just buy the games?

That'd be like calling Colosseum "Path to Hoenn" . . .

bell02 alpha said:

Maybe it is a more offical name to the Pikachu's Dungeon game, or maybe it is just a new comic coming to coro coro. Though I wish it was a Pokemon Snap sequel for the Revolution and/or DS (though pokemon power rangers does sound intresting!)

Adverts from google shows "2005 Power Rangers Costume" and "Ads by Goooooogle" ;-)

i think that Pokemon and Power Rangers have sth in common - fillers. I call it SSS, or 3S - Super Sentai Syndrome ;-)

Anyway, it could be interesting. maybe it's connected to trainer class "PKMN Ranger" from r/s ?

Pokemon Ranger? Could you image like trainers using their pokemon to call upon Pokemon Zords? now that would be a sight to see. Rhyhorn and Lairon as the feet, Tyranitar as the body, Scizor and Kabutops as the arms. and Mew will form the head. or there is another thought: the Eeveelutions forming some kinda Voltron ripoff. lol

I told Serebii Chat about this "Pokemon Ranger" thing (before Joe wrote about it in his site) and they didn't belive me>.<

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom