• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Pokemon RBY RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meg rolled her eyes at the Slugma's trainer. She turned to Leo and shrugged, "I guess it couldn't hurt to come with."

Mina was starting to have second thoughts about joining a group, she was afraid of possibly getting in their way, or embarrassing herself. She felt sure that she would be okay if she and her Pokemon were careful on their adventure. She returned Maya back to her ball, and looked for a place to put it, before mentally facepalming, realizing that she forgot to bring a bag with her. There was not enough room in her pocket, her glasses already had a hard time fitting in there. She would just have to hold onto the ball for now. She decided that now was as good of a time as any to quickly run home. She was pretty sure that almost everything had been taken care of, so she went to the Professor, forcing herself to keep eye contact, and smile, though she still felt slightly unnerved, "T-Thank you for, um, g-giving me the chance to start my P-Pokemon journey." Not wanting to possibly end up saying anything embarrassing, she quickly left, and started to run home. While it was not exactly a short run away, it would not be too hard getting back, she was just thankful that Pallet Town was not that large. She was also not sure if she should go back to the lab after she got a bag, or if she should head off to Route 1.

"You think so?" Jenny asked Hiro. She took out her phone to check it. "I didn't get a hair cut. I got a bunch of hairs cut!" She laughed, a bit if blood dribbling down her chin.

"I guess we should head to Viridian City." Leon said, picking up his Magikarp. "I can't wait to take down Giovanni." He was about to head out when he noticed Mina was gone. "Actually, I'll catch up, I have to go get...Uh. Glasses girl." He realized he had never got Mina's name.

"Hey, you coming with or not?" Leo asked Mina, cradling his Magikarp in his arms. The Pokemon was flaming at the mouth and had a glassy look in it's eyes. So doing pretty well for a Magikarp.

Hiro laughed along with officer Jenny, out of relief and humor. He watched as blood dribbled down her chin. He cleared his throat. "Er officer Jenny? You got a little erm something there." He pointed where the blood was dribbling down. He gingerly fished out a clean tissue and offered it to her. "Here you go." He said, smiling formerly.

Now that he was on good terms with the officer, maybe it was a good time to ask the professor and officer for a new card. "So. About my trainer card." He paused watching, as his new traveling companion ran off towards the girl. "Hey! Magikarp dude! Wait up!"

Kay followed the tiny Pokemon as it wound its way through the grass lands. He lost sight of it at one point, instead following the path of disturbed brush but it reappeared as it clambered up a hill. The Joltik then met with a girl. She lowered her hands, allowing the tiny Pokemon to climb up upon her. It scuttled up her arm and came to rest of her shoulder. The girl nuzzled the bug with her finger and it squeaked affectionately in response. She then looked upon him and said "Hello, Kay. We meet again at last."

It was as he suspected. Kay knew this girl well. He had met her on one of his missions in the Sinnoh region. She wore a colourful dress that was inflated by a thick, white petticoat. Bows and ribbons adorned her body; one was pinned to the back of her short, purple hair, another placed at the small of her back and a third resting just beneath her collar. This third bow was pinned down with a golden broach in the shape of a stylised letter "G". She was a little bit older than he was and a great deal wiser and under the employ of some sort of secret organisation based in her native Sinnoh. Kay had to admit that he didn't know her true name but there was one she answered to.

"Ceres..."

Ceres beamed. "So you do remember me." she said. "I thought after all this time you would have forgotten...It's good to see you again."

The feeling wasn't entirely mutual. "What ever you're planning--" he began.

Ceres cut him off. "You can relax. My superiors have no interest in Kanto. Believe it or not, I'm here on holiday." she said. "Although, Joltik here did provide me with a bit of entertainment in the form of your that little troupe you have going there." She poked at the tiny Pokemon again. It was only then that Kay noticed that it was wearing what appeared to be a tiny microphone. He had literally been bugged. "It's a shame that your Eevee couldn't live up to your expectations."

"If I recall correctly you had one of your own." Kay said, hoping to take the conversation in a slightly different direction.

"Oh yes." she said. "She's right over there." she gestured casually to yet another Pokemon. It was sleeping in the grass nearby. Kay wasn't familiar with this Pokemon either but he knew it wasn't an Eevee. What ever it was, though, it appeared to be wearing just as many bows and ribbons as its master was. "She evolved into a Sylveon during my recent trip to Kalos. Beautiful region, you should visit some time. Evolving her was the best thing I ever did. Her power, it seems, is unrivalled." She paused and flashed a large smile at Kay. "You should consider evolving your Eevee. Perhaps then you will finally be a match for me."

Kay felt his flush with colour as he glowered. "I don't have time for this." he said turning to leave. "Don't let me see you around here again or I may have to report you to the boss."

"Oh don't worry." she said with a wave. "You won't."

"Where did they go?" Donna asked her Slugma which didn't offer much as a reply. It wasn't the most emotionally active Pokemon out there. "Oh well!" With that Donna reutnred her Pokemon and the blonde replied to whoever was at the lab with a "Auf widersehen!"

The beautiful blonde made her way from the lab with a skip and sass in her step.

Mina was not even a quarter of the way home before she was stopped, she was not expecting that so she visibly jumped. It was Leo asking if she was joining their group or not. "O-oh, r-right, I-I, um," She was trying to force herself to give a normal answer, but it was not easy. She took a moment to calm herself down. "Yeah, s-sorry, I just need to grab some supplies from my house, y-you can go ahead, I'll catch up." She took a moment, hoping that was a suitable response, before running off towards her house. She made it about half a block before realizing that she had no idea where to meet them. She, feeling extremely embarrassed, turned around, and ran back to Leo, trying to ignore the burning sensation in her face, "U-Um, w-w-where would be a good place to m-meet up?" She also realized that she did not even know his name. Feeling even more embarrassed, she added, "S-sorry, I d-don't think I've caught your name, I-I'm, um, M-Mina." She awkwardly held out her hand for a handshake on the last part. The whole time, she was mentally noting to work on her social skills.

The glorious pine trees soaring heavenwards and the balmy breeze of Viridian City served as a pleasant escape from the busy streets of Vermillion City. Randell, who is sitting in a famous coffee shop called Sawsbuck Coffee with his sister, yawns loudly. Personally, he did not see why his sister and her equally annoying friends LOVE to spend their free time here. Randell hated the smooth jazz playing in every branch, or the artsy fartsy stuff on the walls, or the names like decaf white chocolate bold mocha latte with cream and stuff.

"So we're in Viridian and you would rather be here?" Randell crossed his arm. "Come on, sister! I've had enough of Sawsbuck Coffee. Take me to see the Gym and the Leader!"
"Randell please," his sister Ravness calmly sipped her green tea, then tucked a lock of her honey blonde hair behind her ear. Ravness is a woman of the rarest beauty. Her eyes, green and round, her lips, red and full, and curved in a warm smile to her brother. "We are here to see my friends, remember? You ought to enjoy the soft music and relax once in a while."
"Gah I'm outta here!" The boy got up from his seat and ran outside, leaving his sighing sister behind.
"As always, my words fall into deaf ears..."

Donna walked alone not a fear in the world. Her hair was perfect, she looked amazing and she had a great Pokemon with her. Well great is a loose term but it beat having none. The trek from Pallet Town to Viridian City was going to be a short one comparative to other routes. The skip and the sass in her step reeked of confidence, ferociously so.

The teenager walked along the straight forward route. She figured that she would make more progress alone than being held back by some unfashionable person, at least in her mind.

Kay at the far end of the Viridian City Pokemon Centre deep in thought. He'd obtained that change of clothes he had considered back on Route 1 since arriving; he wore civilian clothes now and the hat was gone. The only thing that was the same was the white vest that hung open to expose a "R"-free blue field. He was spinning Eevee's Pokeball on the table he sat at. Ceres' words echoed in his mind.

You should consider evolving your Eevee. Perhaps then you would be a match for me.

He stopped the Pokeball from spinning any further, placing his hand firmly on top of it. Perhaps she was right after all. He looked out the window, trying and failing to gauge what time of the day it was.

He would wait until nightfall.

Heather loved Sawsbucks. The soothing music flowed through her ears, making her forget her worries and duties and for once, relax. The environment around her caused a smile on her face, a smile nobody could see behind her scarf. She sipped some coffee and sighed in relief. Everything was perfect.

That's when she received the message. She was to set to travel with Agents Randall and Kay across the region, destroying the lives of Kanto residents by stealing pokemon and foiling plans and occasionally persue and try stealing the pokemon of new trainers agent Kay had run into. Ugh. New trainers. Little kids with big hearts set out to travel across the region with their beloved new pokemon - idiots in the making.

She watched as Randell and his sister argued, until he stormed out. She smirked - sibling squabbles were so pathetic but amusing. She headed outside, towards Randell, lurking next to him until she appeared in front of him, leaning against a tree with her cup of coffee.

" Konichiwa, Randell. Long time, no see. We have a mission from HQ - you should have it on your transmitter. " She paused to sip some coffee. " We need to go find Kay - he should be by the Pokemon Centre, accourding to HQ."

"Oh, it's you." The twelve year old sighed in relief. He took out a device that looks much like a Pokedex, but is colored black instead of red, and had the letter 'R' in the back. He flipped it open and smirked as he read the new message in his mailbox. "Sounds like an adventure. To the Pokémon Center then!"

"Oh, and... we better hurry." Randell's pair of sea green eyes stared Heather deeply. Color flushed his cheeks and he looked down in embarrassment. "Don't let my sister see us. She uh... forbid me to talk to strangers."

The boy glanced over his shoulder and saw his sister, breathtakingly beautiful in a simple one piece dress, her golden hair falls perfectly behind her. Sometimes Randell wished he could just tell her that he is a member of a powerful organization like Team Rocket, but no. She would freak out and lock him in his room forever to keep him 'safe', and Randell doesn't want that to happen AGAIN.

"W-well, let's go!"

Heather locked her eyes with his, watching his reactions."Me? A stranger?" She asked with a quizzical look. She chuckled at the boy with sea green eyes.

She cast a sideway look at the naturally beautiful blond that was Randell's sister. She seemed like the overprotective type, but one that would like to have fun as well. Getting past her would be easy.

"How would you like me; the kidnapping stranger to kidnap you, the innocent 12 year old from his sister - escape rope or smoke bomb?" She asked with slight humor laced in her voice - she was in a good mood that rarely anyone would see or experience.

"To her, you ARE a stranger. It'll be a pain to introduce you to my sister properly because my sister's mouth is like Seven-Eleven; never close." The boy let out a small chuckle. "And no. No one can kidnap me as long as I have this little guy over here."

Randell pulled out a Pokeball and pressed the white button on the center of the ball. A red light beamed from the ball and took the form of a quadruped Pokémon similar in appearance to hyenas. Seconds later, a Pokémon materialized from the red light. Its body is primarily gray, with a black face, throat, feet, and belly. Its eyes have yellow sclera and red irises, and its nose is also red. Its lower jaw has two pointed teeth sticking out, and the fur at the base of its tail is rumpled and shaggy. The newly released Pokémon barked and stretched his body.

"Get ready Llednar. Adventure awaits." Said the boy, extending his right palm to the Poochyena, which in respond placed his paw in his master's palm, barking happily. "To the Pokémon Center!"

The Poochyena barked and lunged forward, his small feets rhythmically hitting the grass as the hyena made his way to the Pokémon Center, his trainer following behind.

Donna had her small earphones in her ears as she was listening to music while entering Viridian City after taking a massive shortcut which will never be named or mentioned again in her mind.

The beautiful blonde who didn't stay with Leo and the shy girl or that girl with Deino went off earlier by herself after freeing Professor Oak and possibly burning him. Donna stood outside Viridian City flicking through songs and pulling out a mirror to check on her lovely hair. The vain fashionable teen had to make sure she looked good.

"How about Viridian City? We can all meet up there. I doubt there's anything dangerous on the way there, it's not very far." Leo said to Mina. "My name's Leo. But I think I want to change it to something cooler. Like...Giovanni. That's a cool name." He said. Leo turned to Hiro.

"My name's Giovanni." Leo said. It was then that he heard a whirring noise. It was a singed professor Oak, on a Segway.

"Here, I almost forgot to give you these. They're trainer cards. Don't lose them! You could have your identity stolen. Just sign your name, and it's all good." Oak said, handing out trainer's licenses.

"I already have one. But it has my old name on it, so..." Leo took a second one, and Oak handed him a pen. He signed it Giovanni and put it in his wallet.

Not too long after, Leo had arrived in Viridian city. The sun was setting, and he had arrived at Viridian City Gym.

"Alright, time for my first ba-" He was interrupted as he walked into the door, expecting it to open. But the gym was closed.

"Sorry, Giovanni's taking a break." One of the members of the gym said. "He's at the club." He was pointing at a building that loud music was coming from. A neon sign said that it was the "Silver Unicorn" nightclub.

"So I said, I said, 'Not in my gym you don't!" Giovanni said. He was sitting at a table, two handsome men on either of his shoulders, talking to a man with a red and white afro. Leo had just entered.

"I'll have a coca-cola." Leo said to the bartender. He was too young to drink, but that didn't mean he couldn't be adventurous. Normally he'd have diet.

"Alright then, let's go." She said cooly. The duo had arrived at the Pokemon Center, after taking a speedy shortcut through the route. She spotted Kay sitting at a table. She walked up to him, calmly and sat down opposite him. She had worked with him countless times before, the last time being a month earlier.

"So we meet again, Agent Kay." She said to him. " Ready for the mission? It's been sent to you, so read it out so we know."

Hiro followed Leo, watching as he ordered a coke. "Vanilla Coke, please." He asked the bartender. "Leo right? Well you want to challenge the gym, and so do I. But here's the catch - have you even trained yet? Your magikarp well onnothing splash until it evolves and that's ain't gonna faint nothing with that move." He said to leo.

Mina awkwardly put her hand back to her side, mentally noting to herself, "Right, call him Giovanni, got it." She gave a small smile and wave to acknowledge Hiro. Out of nowhere, Professor Oak showed up on a segway. He asked them to fill out their trainer cards, she could have sworn she had already filled one out, but she did not complain. She managed to find a pen in her pocket, "At least I was almost prepared," she sarcastically thought to herself. She quickly signed it, and quietly thanked the Professor. She turned to run home.

She got home a couple minutes later, and took a moment to catch her breath. She went inside and looked around, her parents seemed to be out, she was mildly disappointed at not getting to say goodbye one more time. But she got over it, and went to her room, grabbing a random black messenger bag she found in her closet, and placed some things that she felt like she would need in it, a map, Maya's pokeball, some money her parents left her, etc. She paused briefly before deciding that she was not dressed properly for her journey. She quickly changed into a slightly looser pair of black pants, and a dark blue t-shirt. She decided to also take a red hoodie in case it got cold later. Deciding to not take up room in her bag, she tied it around her waist. She took the glasses out of her other pair of pants, contemplating on weather to take them or not, remembering how much of a hindrance they were at the lab. She quickly popped the lens out of them, "There, problem solved." She put them in a case, and tossed it into the bag, while putting her trainer card in her pocket. Feeling that she was actually ready this time, she left her house, and started running to Viridian City.

She encountered a few wild Pokemon along the Route, but none of them really caught her attention, not that she had any pokeballs anyway. She could tell that Maya was growing with each battle, though she has not learned how to bite yet. Growing bored of running alone, and feeling slightly lonely, she soon stopped returning Maya to her ball, deciding that it would be nice to just have her Pokemon by her side. She reached Viridian City just as the sun dropped behind the horizon. She took another moment to catch her breath, taking a look at how Maya was doing. The Mawile was looking tired, and seemed to have taken some damage along the way. Taking a guess, she expected Leo and Hiro to be at the Gym, but she decided that it would be better to quickly get Maya healed before joining them, she decided to go to the Pokemon Center instead. She went inside, not paying attention to anyone else inside, and quietly mumbled to to the nurse, "C-can you p-please heal my P-Pokemon."

Last edited:
While most of the other trainers had been focusing on getting to Viridian City, Meg had chosen to train with her Deino the whole day. In turn, she had managed to level up the Irate Pokemon quite a bit.

"Ripjaw, use Earth Power!" The english-accented girl called to her Pokemon, whom in turn caused the earth under the Rattata to erupt. Soon enough, it only took one move to knock out the wild Pokemon. Walking along the path before Viridian Forest, she decided to return to the city and went into the Poke Mart. After seeing the Rocket grunts, she wanted to avoid trouble; alas, she chose to buy a few potions. After all, you couldn't always rely on the Pokemon Centers.

After healing the dragon-type, she joined Leo and Hiro, ordering a cream soda from the waiter.

Hiro turned to see Meg sit next to him. He had heard her order cream soda, and noticed her foreign accent. Hmm I wonder what her accent is. Heck, I don't even know her name, he thought. He identified the accent as British, but decided to have a little bit of fun.

"Hey," He said, turning towards her. "That's a cool accent you've got there - I've never heard the Australian accent in first person before." He said, smilkng slyly towards her. "Didn't you want to order a cup of tea? I know your name, I'm sure I do." He had a vague idea of her name, at least. "Leg? Eggnog? Jade? Am I close? What's your name?" He asked Meg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom