• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Realizations

Jersey Jimmy

sell ecstacy at dragoncon!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I was sitting in biology yesterday when it finally clicked that Deoxys' name stems from deoxyribonucleic acid - better known as DNA. And let's not forget Defense, Normal, Attack. The "s" at the end of Deoxys? Speed, of course!

...okay, now this is getting into borderline tin-foil hat territory. It doesn't help that "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys came on as I was writing this, and that this is my 151th post. See? 151! The first gen had how many mons, again? It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

How about that Pumpkaboo is an undead Cherrim?

1431278384172.png

It's "Gengar is Clefable's shadow!" all over again

Phantump is the pokeversion of skullkid:
Skull_Kid_Artwork_(Majora's_Mask).png

As both are the spirits of children who got lost in the woods.

Took me years to realize that Delibird is Bird Santa. It took me longer to notice that its tail looks like a stomach. o_O

The Gengar family is part Poison-type because they're made out of gas.

Two for both of the tyrant Pokémon:
Tyranitar can learn Surf because its based on Godzilla, who can swim through the ocean.
Tyrunt's and Tyrantrum's white collar (and beard on the latter) are made of feathers, since there's evidence tyrannosaurs would have had feathering to some extent.

I realized a few months back that Shaymin, Heatran, and Manaphy represent the air, land, and sea respectively. This felt so shocking when I figured it out, but now I just feel slow. ^^

Actually got this one a couple weeks back, but might as well bring it up. Flannery's ridiculous but awesome hair? It's supposed to be a volcano.

The Teammates in Sea Mauville are Lesbians :p (Actually I knew this from the start)

Here's a more serious one. Mewtwo's "tail" is actually an Umbilical cord, to parallel Mew's embryonic design

Dragon Ascent resembles an asteroid impact because it reflects the plot of the Delta Episode.

New Mauville was supposed to 'extend 69 floors underground.'

So, in other words, it goes down to 69.

Spr_4d_442.png
Spiritomb is attached to a light-brown/gray stone, the Odd Keystone, in which it was trapped after doing bad deeds 500 years ago. It is apparently composed of 108 separate, yet bound-together, malevolent spirits. It is said to act as a hive-mind, with all of the souls that comprise it acting in unison towards the same goal. It also explicitly states this in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, when it shouts "We are SPIRITOMB! We are made from a fusion of spirits! One hundred and EIGHT of them!"

images

Ermac is a Fusion of many souls destroyed in Outworld's wars who came to be controlled by Emperor Shao Kahn and his Shadow Priests. Because of this, he refers to himself as "we," "us," and "our" instead of "I," "me," and "my". Due to the sheer concentration of souls within Ermac, he possesses the gift of telekinesis, and can travel to different realms. However, the depths of Netherrealm drain his powers and souls. He is weakened dramatically while there, but a mysterious stone dubbed the Soul Stone Shujinko found for him would protect his souls.

MIND = BLOWN

For the longest time I thought that Delcatty's neck thing was supposed to be an extra
set of arms, so little kid me always interpreted Delcatty as some sort of cat centaur haha.

301.png

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom