• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Red and Blue test

Vegito

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
When I was a little kid and I had just gotten my first Pokemon game for a birthday present (Pokemon Red) I played it non stop until Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition Yellow Version came out at which it was another gift. Anyway I remember when My Charizard hit level 37 and I was only just outside of the dark cave (where you use flash for the first time in a cave) and I remember Charizard (I didn't have anyone to trade with back then) disobeying for the first time (which I think this was a glitch). Anyway I made a plan during the Pokemon Silver and Gold days to take the starter I got for Pokemon Red and level it up to it's maximum evolved form before collecting Professor Oaks Parcel. I started with Chamander and attempted it. Charmeleon started to disobey at level 19! I was surprised. So I left it on the back burner.

Recently I started over on Pokemon Blue and chose Bulbasaur and got it to level 32 and let it evolve into Venusaur. Collected Professor Oaks Parcel and then went back to him. It took me 10 hours 04 minutes to get to level 32 with Bulbasuar and Ivysaur. Not one ounce of disobedience from my Pokemon.

I imagined "could you image 1,000s of piles of Pokemon just outside of the Pokemon League and Vermillion city? What Brock and or Professor Oak would think or Gary Oak? And who did it?" Anyway I got back to Professor Oak and he wanted to see my Pokemon. He was thrilled! I imagined him thinking "I Just gave you this Pokemon not even a day ago and it's already Venusaur!" Anyway I didn't use any hacks and I did it strickly by the book.

Anyone else achieve such a thing? maybe with Squirtle or Charmanders family?

That's odd, I thought it was only traded Pokemon that disobeyed you if you didn't have enough badges? I remember gamesharking my Charmander to a level 100 Charizard before I even got to Brock and not having any obedience issues.

From my experience it's just traded Pokemon. I think it's a way of stopping friends from trading you high level pokemon at the beginning of your game. If you raise the bugger yourself, you shouldn't have any problems.

As for familiar habits, I have a habit of making sure all my pokemon are leveled evenly, and I have to level them by ten before each gym. It means LOTS of grinding, but I'm never underleveled. By the time I hit the midgame, I can sweep anything in an almost pathetic way.

I don't recall seeing anything like that while playing my game. I believe you are mistaken.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom