• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Pokémon Red U and Blue U

@Norzanl; Yeah the pandering was obnoxious but the less popular gen 1 pokemon like Hypno and Execute didn't get any special treatment and you can add a lot to a remake. It's easily possible for a Kanto remake to be called Gen 4 or Gen 2 pandery. I mean not likely but still possible nontheless.

A new console Pokemon game would be cool but it's not going to happen. Any spin off has to be approved by Game Freak and they don't want anything like that. They're primarily against it because it would diminish sales of the handheld games. Other reasons are that new console games are pointless. The Stadium series and the Orre games only existed to show what Pokemon could be like in 3D. Pokemon is now in full 3D. Besides, Nintendo is shifting away from Wii U development and putting the majority of their resources towards the 3DS and the NX. There's not going to be any more big titles for the Wii U because it isn't cost effective. They can't recoup the costs of development because of the low install base. Even if there was a new console Pokemon game, it should not be Gen 1 related.

A new console Pokemon game would be cool but it's not going to happen. Any spin off has to be approved by Game Freak and they don't want anything like that. They're primarily against it because it would diminish sales of the handheld games. Other reasons are that new console games are pointless. The Stadium series and the Orre games only existed to show what Pokemon could be like in 3D. Pokemon is now in full 3D. Besides, Nintendo is shifting away from Wii U development and putting the majority of their resources towards the 3DS and the NX. There's not going to be any more big titles for the Wii U because it isn't cost effective. They can't recoup the costs of development because of the low install base. Even if there was a new console Pokemon game, it should not be Gen 1 related.

Yeah, the only way I can see console games happening again is if they put the handheld games on console via crossplay (which is a distinct possibility on the NX considering that they're working on an integrated framework between the home and handheld environments).

@Kelleo; five years is a long ass time.
I guess you are forgetting the mass Kanto pandering in XY: Santalune Forest being a carbon copy of Viridian Forest, half of the megas being from Kanto mons, Sycamore gives a second set of starters and they are the Kanto starters, only legendaries catchable that weren't from Kalos were the Kanto legends (Mewtwo and the legendary birds) and some other stuff i'm forgetting at the moment.
While Kanto itself wasn't there, this disgusting aumont of Kanto pandering in XY made me sick of Kanto for a bunch of years. So yeah i agree with Kelleo, no remakes (again) of Gen 1 please.

There was also the Snorlax blocking that one route that you had to use the Pokeflute on. And if we really wanna get picky, we could also point out that Kanto and Kalos start with a Ka. Of course, for that one I'm just being a smartass(even though it's true).

And if we really wanna get picky, we could also point out that Kanto and Kalos start with a Ka. Of course, for that one I'm just being a smartass(even though it's true).

That's entirely coincidence. Kanto is named for the same region in RL Japan which means "east of the barrier", whereas Kalos is the greek word for beauty.

I guess you are forgetting the mass Kanto pandering in XY: Santalune Forest being a carbon copy of Viridian Forest, half of the megas being from Kanto mons, Sycamore gives a second set of starters and they are the Kanto starters, only legendaries catchable that weren't from Kalos were the Kanto legends (Mewtwo and the legendary birds) and some other stuff i'm forgetting at the moment.

While Kanto itself wasn't there, this disgusting aumont of Kanto pandering in XY made me sick of Kanto for a bunch of years. So yeah i agree with Kelleo, no remakes (again) of Gen 1 please.

This 100%. It doesn't matter if Kanto itself wasn't present, a lot of elements from it were. As much as I enjoyed Pokemon X.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom