• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Regional Evolution - Kanto Edition - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night 0 - When Stars Align
  • Night 0 - When Stars Align
    Today was the day where a new group of travelers would set out on their gym challenge, if they were to succeed or not is the question. All they know, is that some people take this Nuzlocke challenge way too serious.

Hey guys, Role PMs are gonna go out in a moment, feel free to confirm / pre-game in-thread in the mean time. Once all role PMs are out the day will start.
    This game won't be featuring (much) flavor due to my work load currently, so I'll be able to focus on actually running the game without a problem :) (maybe next time get someone in on this to write the flavor haha ^^; )

Day 1 Start
  • @Cilantro changed to @Spoopster thanks for informing us >:

It is now Day 1. Day 1 ends at 9PM CET on Sunday 11/02/2018
    Please confirm your role PM in your first post. Or you will be subbed out by Sunday. Thanks!

Night 1 Start
  • Day 1 Recap
    Note: The earlier voterecap indeed had a mistake, which was pointed out by pika_pika42 in the post below it.

Vote Recap:
    jdthebud (2): Max1996, Toluca
    AussieEevee (2): Pika_pika42, Derpghost
    Derpghost (2): Midorikawa, Darthwolf
    Midorikawa (1): Derpghost
    Spoopster (1): jdthebud

No lynch occurs.

It is now night 1. Night 1 ends in 24 hours.

Night 1 Recap
  • Night 1 recap.

Midorikawa was killed, they were...

Dear Brock
    150px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Brock.png

You are Brock, the Rock-Solid Pokémon Trainer!

You are the proud brother of a big family in Pewter City, where you live and work in the Pewter City Gym as the Gym Leader. Which has been family property for years.
    As a Gym Leader your job is not only to fight any gym challengers, but also to defend the people of Kanto from any evil doers.

Because of your expertise in Rock-Type Pokémon; You are the Bodyguard. Every night you can target someone, if they would be killed that night you will die in their stead, protecting them from one killing ability.
    You are aligned with the Town, and win when all who oppose you have been defeated.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends in 48 hours (-5 min)

Day 2 Recap
  • Day 2 Recap
    Final Votals

Max1996 (4): Spoopster, Pika_pika42, Jdthebud
    Derpghost (4): Toluca, Calvin, Max, CheffOfGames
    Toluca (1): Darthwolf

A tie occured. No lynch happened.

@Max1996 has been modkilled. Explanation in Endgame.

Dear Blue
    165px-Sun_Moon_Blue.png

You are Blue.

You are a 11 year-old boy from Pallet Town. Who is about to start his journey as a pokémon trainer. Just this morning, you and your best friend and rival Blue, received your first starter from Professor Oak and now It’s time to you for set sail on your journey.

You are the Gym Challenger. You currently have no powers. But as you continue your journey, you will grow as a person, and so will your powers.
    You are aligned with the Town, and win when all who oppose you have been defeated.

It is now Night 2. Which will end in 24 hours.

Night 2 Recap
  • Night 2 Recap

Calvin was killed, he was...

Dear Koga
    200px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Koga.png

You are Koga, the Poisonous Ninja Master!

You are the Gym Leader of the Fuchsia Gym

Because of your expertise in Poison-Type Pokémon; You are the Watcher. Every night you can target someone and view everyone that visits them that night

It is now day 3. Which ends in 37 hours.
    Please vote in the poll if you'd like a 24 hour extension due to my delay.

Sorry for that!

Day 3 Recap
  • Day 3 Recap:
    Derpghost (6):
    Toluca, AussieEevee, DarthWolf, jdthebud, Pika_pika42, Spoopster

Dear Erika
    120px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Erika.png

You are Erika, the Nature-Loving Princess!

You are the Gym Leader of the Celadon Gym

Because of your expertise in Grass-Type Pokémon; You are the Beloved Princess. Whenever you’re killed, your dead will skip the next phase.

Due to the effect of beloved princess. It is now day 4.
    The day ends in 48 hours (-19 min)

I'll also start punishing inactive people more now :)

Day 4 Recap

• Day 4 recap
    noworry: 4 (AussieEevee, Toluca, jdthebud, Pikochu)
    Pikochu: 1 (DarthWolf)
    jdthebud: 1 (CheffOfGames)

Dear Giovanni
    150px-USUM_Giovanni.png

You are Giovanni, the Self-Proclaimed Strongest Trainer.

You are the Gym Leader of the Viridian Gym, next to this you are also the leader of the evil group Team (Rainbow) Rocket.

Since you are both a Gym Leader and the Leader of the evil Team Rocket; you are the Godfather. Whenever you would be scanned for your alignment, you’d show up as Town.
    Because of your expertise in Earth-Type Pokémon; You are also the 1x Ninja, once a game if you are the one executing the Factional Kill you won’t be detectable when making the kill.
    You are aligned with Team Rocket, aka the Mafia. You win when you defeat the Town, or this outcome is inevitable.

It is now Night 4.
    Phase ends in 24 hours (-16 min).

Night 4 Recap
  • When you almost forgot about this thanks for reminding me darth :X

Night 4 recap

DarthWolf was Killed, he was...
    Dear Darthwolf
    EhvI87C.jpg

You are Red.

You are a 11 year-old boy from Pallet Town. Who is about to start his journey as a pokémon trainer. Just this morning, you and your best friend and rival Blue, received your first starter from Professor Oak and now It’s time to you for set sail on your journey.

You are the Gym Challenger. You currently have no powers. But as you continue your journey, you will grow as a person, and so will your powers.

CheffOfGames lost and was ejected from the game.
    He was...
    Dear Clyde the Guide
    tumblr_static_screenshot_1.png

You are Clyde the Guide.

You know of the existence of the following characters in the name: Red, Blue & Kanto Gym Leaders, whenever a gym leader dies, you decide if Red or Blue is the first to beat them. Granting the winner a special power based on the leader who dies, and the other a hated modifier for the next phase. At the end of the next phase the other will also beat the leader and gained a boosted version of the power the original winner got.
    If you die, the winner will be picked randomly each time a gym leader dies.
    Next to this, on night 2 you will learn the identity of Red, and on night 3 that of Blue.
    You win when either Red, or Blue finishes the Gym Challenge (beating all gym leaders) or, if they both survive till the end of the game. You do not need to be alive to achieve this goal.

EDIT:
    Due to the modkilling of blue, only red needs to survive till endgame.

It is now Day 5. Day 5 ends in 48 hours (-30 min)

Last edited:
    Night 5 Recap

• Night 5 Recap

Dear Lt. Surge
    185px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Lt_Surge.png

You are Lt. Surge, the Lightning American!

You are the Gym Leader of the Vermillion Gym

Because of your expertise in Electric-Type Pokémon; You are the Lightning-rod. Once in the game, you can redirect all abilities that are used this night onto you.

It is now Day 6. The phase ends in 48 hours.

Day 6 recap
  • Sorry for the lack of hammers btw guys, I've just been very busy this weekend. Hammer voting & early night phase ending will go into effect now. :)

Day 6 Votals:
    jdthebud (3): Pika_pika42, Spoopster, jdthebud
    Pikochu (1): jdthebud

Jdthebud was lynched, he was...
    Dear James
    James_SM.png

You are James, member of Team Rocket

Due to your interesting personality; You are the 1x Assassin. Once a game, when you execute the Factional Kill, any ability that would activate because of the death, will not activate.
    You are aligned with Team Rocket, aka the Mafia. You win when you defeat the Town, or this outcome is inevitable.

It is now night 6, which ends in 24 hours or when all submissions are in.

Endgame
  • Day 7 recap

Pikochu was lynched, he was...
    Dear Jessy
    Jessie_SM.png

You are Jessie, member of Team Rocket

Due to your grandiose personality; you are the Roleblocker. Every night you can target someone, making their night action invalid.

ENDGAME! Town Wins.

---

Hey guys, how are ya'll doing.
    Today we're covering our end-of-game chit chat cause wow, this game was a ride.

First off all I'd like to say sorry for not being a great host. I've multiple times let you guys wait for hours or even days for an update. Most of this had to do with the 2x the forum went down for maintenance for an extended period of time. But I should still after that be on top of things. Which I wasn't.

Besides that however, this game was a blast to host. Especially early on before the start of EiMM, the game ran butter smooth, and there was so much activity. Thank you all so much for playing and making this a great game. I hope you guys enjoyed it as well!

I'd like to clarify on the mod kill early on, Max's mod kill. The hated modifier Max got had one rule applied to it. You can't tell anyone you are hated while you have it. Due to him stating he did publicly, I had to mod kill him. After this point I altered Cheff's win con since he couldn't have stopped Max's mistake and found it unfair to then lose one of his win conditions.

-

But I do really wonder how you guys liked the game. This was the first of many in a series of Pokemon Regional Evolution. A game where I base the entire setup on something to do with that region. In this case, as Kanto is the original region, I based it on the gym challenge. With the special mechanics being Red & Blue that earned powers based on the death of the gymleaders.
    To add some further mystery I added Clide the guide to the mix.

I'd also like to know what you guys thought about the balance with all these powers. There was a logic behind most of it :p

Oh and just so when I die next time I host the game goes on, I'll be recruiting a co-host for the Johto edition. So feel free to DM me if you're interested :)
    As I said, thank you all for playing. And I look forward to your responses.

For those interested:
    upload_2018-3-13_8-20-40.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom