• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm excited for with an Ruby/Sapphire remake is the music. The original music is glorious and hearing it updated to the modern standard will be fantastic.

Maybe we'll see the other Hoenn starter mega evolutions in those games.

Well, it looks like they've finally come out and said they're planning RS remakes. I'm really excited to see Hoenn in 3D seeing as the region is so damn beautiful and nature based. Plus, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza's cutscene in 3D? That'll be like, the best possible thing.

Well, it looks like they've finally come out and said they're planning RS remakes. I'm really excited to see Hoenn in 3D seeing as the region is so damn beautiful and nature based. Plus, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza's cutscene in 3D? That'll be like, the best possible thing.

Hi, Gaara. Can you provide a link? :)

Hi, Gaara. Can you provide a link? :)

To what? I think the original post is a few pages back.

So do you guys think we'll see R/S remakes before Z, or will we have to wait a bit? Main installments are typically yearly right? Meaning we could see this being announced anytime from next spring-summer.

So do you guys think we'll see R/S remakes before Z, or will we have to wait a bit? Main installments are typically yearly right? Meaning we could see this being announced anytime from next spring-summer.

I'm thinking they'll probably do RS remakes first, then Z/XY2. The reason why is that with RS remakes there's less changes they'd need to make, most people would probably be happy replaying the game the way it was originally. As for Z/XY2 (especially if it's XY2), I think they should spend more time on those games than BW2 got, a straight Z version probably won't be very satisfying, they need to make some bigger changes. And if they do, they need to spend more time on it than they did with BW2, the former had lots of problems with distribution and design because of the altered storyline path, and they need to make sure that whatever changes they make are balanced with that new storyline path.

Hopefully before Z or X2Y2, but even if that is the case, we will likely see the remakes only in 2015 sadly.

Although Game Freak is releasing the games yearly lately, so who knows, maybe we will get XY in 2013, RSEmakes in 2014 and Z/X2Y2 in 2015.

I don´t see remakes happen this gen. I mean in 2016 it will be 20 years of Pokemon and I wouldn´t be surprised if gen 7 would come that year and it´s just 2 and a half - 3 years away. So maybe they incorporate a Hoenn visit in the XY/Z games.

I don´t see remakes happen this gen. I mean in 2016 it will be 20 years of Pokemon and I wouldn´t be surprised if gen 7 would come that year and it´s just 2 and a half - 3 years away. So maybe they incorporate a Hoenn visit in the XY/Z games.

There is a huge hint of RSE remakes in XY and it was posted two pages ago, in case you want to see it. If the hint isn't for RSE remakes in Generation VI, it could be for Hoenn being the post game in XY, but I heavily doubt that is the case, given that some of the gyms in Kalos are of the same type of the Hoenn ones.

Are you guys following patterns? Oh hell to the no. Gen V and VI have broken a crap ton of patterns. They could easily launch Pokémon 'Z' in 2014, and then R/S/E remakes in 2015. Hell, with GF's increasing size, Pokémon Games are maybe gonna be coming out a lot sooner. Patterns are unreliable, as they can be broken in a second.

If the hint isn't for RSE remakes in Generation VI, it could be for Hoenn being the post game in XY, but I heavily doubt that is the case, given that some of the gyms in Kalos are of the same type of the Hoenn ones. [/FONT]

I believe Masuda confirmed that there is no second region in XY, and possibly never will be again.

Are you guys following patterns? Oh hell to the no. Gen V and VI have broken a crap ton of patterns. They could easily launch Pokémon 'Z' in 2014, and then R/S/E remakes in 2015. Hell, with GF's increasing size, Pokémon Games are maybe gonna be coming out a lot sooner. Patterns are unreliable, as they can be broken in a second.

There is no pattern for remakes. 3rd gen had the remakes before the third game, 4th gen had the remakes after the third game, and 5th gen had no remakes at all, there's nothing definitive you can say about the release schedule from that. I based my predictions on what they're probably doing and which game would be quicker to develop, not what past gens did.

Generation 3 is my favorite. I would love to see what Game Freak does to make it better. Seeing what Generation 6 is turning out to be makes me feel that it would be spectacular. Moreover, what they did with HeartGold and SoulSilver makes me believe that they will go above and beyond my expectations.

There is a huge hint of RSE remakes in XY and it was posted two pages ago, in case you want to see it. If the hint isn't for RSE remakes in Generation VI, it could be for Hoenn being the post game in XY, but I heavily doubt that is the case, given that some of the gyms in Kalos are of the same type of the Hoenn ones.

Yeah I heard about those hints but still doubt it's going to happen at this timeline. Don't get me wrong I' m mad GF didn't give us gen 3 remakes before 3ds cause I don't want Hoenn to be the first region to get 3ds Sinnoh should be it. but you never know what GF will do next time. They gave BW remakes basically within its gen.

But maybe in a way to please us we can gez Z Emerald and Z Platinum? ;) Or Platinum Y and Emerald X. 2 in 1.

I love Sinnoh, but there is absolutely no reason to skip RSE remakes to remake DPPt instead. I do hope we get DPPt remakes in Gen VII, but Gen VI is too early.

Sinnoh has 0 reason to be remade right now, especially considering you can still find D/P/Pt anywhere and they can even be played on the 3DS

Maybe Eneci is onto something. Emerald and Platinum have altered plots to R/S and Platinum. They probably won't leave it out, but it complicates stuff. What if Emerald and Platinum get remakes instead? Maybe not at the same time, though.

Crystal was easy to incorporate. It was just promoting Suicune to stationary. Mascots left alone. But Emerald and Platinum feature both previous mascots, plus the third. GF will probably want to re use these plots, but in two versions, it'd be hard to work.

Or I'm a psycho. Oh well.

Since RS were the entries the versions affected the story the most, I think RSEmakes will leave RS' stories as they are. RemadeRuby will feature Team Magma as the villains, trying to awaken Groudon, while RevisitedSapphire will have Team Aqua as baddies, going after Kyogre once more. What the remakes will inherit from Emerald will be the gameplay additions - Battle Tents, more frequent double battles, Leader rematches, expanded Safari Zone, and probably the Battle Frontier and receiving a Johto starter (which would fit it with receiving a Kanto starter in XY).

What I'm actually curious about is how they will handle trading with XY. I don't know if any hint is given in XY regarding the games' time period (I know Sinnoh is mentioned, but was it only the region or also the events of DPPt?), but judging by Game Freak's recent pattern of Pokémon world dates mirroring the real world, I wouldn't be surprised if XY turn up to take place one year after B2W2 and thus, many, many years after RSE. So we have the following options:

- RSE is retconned into taking place in the future. This one doesn't pose much of a problem. After all, apart from the transregional sweethearts, there is no true evidence that the Hoenn story is contemporaneous with the Kanto one. Furthermore, RSE are the only games that NEVER refer to the events or characters of other games, so even to this day, their true place in the series' timeline is still vague and uncertain, so retconning them into taking place in the future would be easy and would have no effect in the overall timeline.

- A time capsule or a similar device is used for trading, ala GSC.

- Opposite to my first option, it is XY which go back in the series' timeline and take place along the Kanto and Hoenn stories, and before HGSS, DPPt, BW and B2W2.

- Not having remakes, but sequels instead. After all, they hinted at Hoenn games, not specifically Hoenn remakes, so who knows? Probably like they did in Gen V, instead of a rehashed game ("Gray"), we'll get an entirely new one (like B2W2 were), and thus, with a new Hoenn story, the games could take place anytime after the original RSE, thus setting them at the same time of XY would be easy. Personally, I'd like this option the most, as that means we'd get completely new Hoenn games instead of visually enhanced old games.

- A B2W2 is pulled and no explanation is given whatsoever. Those games take place two years after B1W1, but you can trade with the prequels without any problem and no explanation is given. In-story makes no sense, but since it serves only a gameplay purpose, the fact that doesn't make sense in-universe doesn't affect at all neither these games nor the series overall stories. Since it's the easiest option and also what they did the latest, it's the most plausible, but the other options are still present.

They gave BW remakes basically within its gen.

So what? Don't they do the same with every game every generation? That's what third versions are.

Last edited:
Well there have already been a few hints in the XY series referencing to Hoenn, not that this confirms anything but it's something that is noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom