• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Even though a Pokemon game is in development for the Wii and 3DS, I think they will make The Ruby and Sapphire remakes for the DS because when you look at the DS it was released in 2004 and A new Pokemon game didn't come out for it till 2007 on the other hand first generation remakes and pokemon Emerald came out affter the Nintendo DS.

I highly doubt the pokewalker will return. If there is a R/S/E remake im pretty sure it will release on the 3ds, and that already has a pedometer in it.
I don't think they will do that because you not going to go walking around with something that costs £200.They will proboly bring out a DS plateform edition as well.

I don't think they will do that because you not going to go walking around with something that costs £200.They will proboly bring out a DS plateform edition as well.

Umm, then why have one in the console to boot? Also, mine is always in my backback.

Even though a Pokemon game is in development for the Wii and 3DS, I think they will make The Ruby and Sapphire remakes for the DS because when you look at the DS it was released in 2004 and A new Pokemon game didn't come out for it till 2007 on the other hand first generation remakes and pokemon Emerald came out affter the Nintendo DS.

Actually Emerald came out before the DS (I was already corrected on this once XD)

Or, you know, they might just not use the pedometer function of the 3DS.

You realize there's a reason they're handhelds right? And tell that to people bringing their iPhone around, or worse, their iPad despite having an iPhone/Laptop/iTouch with them >_>

Point of the matter is that portable handhelds are made to be taken out.

You realize there's a reason they're handhelds right? And tell that to people bringing their iPhone around, or worse, their iPad despite having an iPhone/Laptop/iTouch with them >_>

Point of the matter is that portable handhelds are made to be taken out.

Yeh I just realised.I hope they still bring it out on the DS platform.

They might bring back the Match call feature from Emerald.

I'm playing again Emerald and noticed something, dunno if someone commented this (I won't read 37 pages of posts xD). At the second floor of Devon corporation, there are some scientists with (now) interesting lines....

I'm developing new kinds of Pokéballs... but I haven't made much headway
There are plenty of Pokéball introduced after Gen III. Nothing surprising here, anyway.

We're developing a device for talking with Pokémon. But we haven't had much success
While a device like that hasn't been introduced, we have N who bears this ability.
And the most interesting of all:

I'm trying to develop a device that visually reproduces the dreams of Pokémon... but it's not going well

... Yes, I'm likely thinking the same as you.

I'm playing again Emerald and noticed something, dunno if someone commented this (I won't read 37 pages of posts xD). At the second floor of Devon corporation, there are some scientists with (now) interesting lines....

There are plenty of Pokéball introduced after Gen III. Nothing surprising here, anyway.

While a device like that hasn't been introduced, we have N who bears this ability.
And the most interesting of all:

... Yes, I'm likely thinking the same as you.
Ah good find! RSremakes keep getting stronger.

Ah good find! RSremakes keep getting stronger.

Contrary. Remakes are supposed to be in same time period with other GenV games. That scientist should know about Dreamworld...

That whole building is full of scientists who list off ideas for inventions...another one mentions one that allows Pokemon communication.

I really don't think it was purposeful foreshadowing to Dream World almost ten years later.

That whole building is full of scientists who list off ideas for inventions...another one mentions one that allows Pokemon communication.

I really don't think it was purposeful foreshadowing to Dream World almost ten years later.
More like they remembered dialog and decided to incorporate it into the new games. It's not as if the dialog in FrLg about Silver was created to foreshadow a time travel event in HgSs, more like them choosing to put the dialog in when deciding to create the event after the fact.

Game Freak also doesn't need to adhere to any time line that they haven't openly established and was mostly inferred by fans. That's the beauty of keeping things ambiguous.

That and XD/Colo were five years apart, while both completely communicating with Gen III games.

Contrary. Remakes are supposed to be in same time period with other GenV games. That scientist should know about Dreamworld...
Not neccesarily. Fennel was just finishing her invention (indeed she only was done when Musharna saved Munna and left Dream Smoke), there's no reason for the scientist to know already about Dream World. Moreover, the device could be ready just after getting National Dex, although many fans would be enraged about not entering to DW before E4. xD

BTW, if I'm not wrong, there's not any proof about Hoenn games being in the same period as Gen I and remakes.

Not neccesarily. Fennel was just finishing her invention (indeed she only was done when Musharna saved Munna and left Dream Smoke), there's no reason for the scientist to know already about Dream World.

I can see lawsuits between them... :p

I like to see the battle scene between Kyogre and Groundon from Emerald to be in the remakes, it would have awesome graphics.

I like to see the battle scene between Kyogre and Groundon from Emerald to be in the remakes, it would have awesome graphics.

Considering that they've kept pretty close to the originals plot-wise in both of the previous remakes, I'd doubt that it'd be in there.

But as you said, it'd be pretty cool.

I don't see why not, as HG/SS was based more on Crystal than GS. Only difference would be that either of them (Depending on game) would go to the cave, while other went to somewhere other than Hoenn.

I don't see why not, as HG/SS was based more on Crystal than GS. Only difference would be that either of them (Depending on game) would go to the cave, while other went to somewhere other than Hoenn.

It would be incredibly awesome if they were to use the Emerald plot, but the Ruby and Sapphire plots are divergent enough that I see it not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom