• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Like a lot of people here, I want the new games to be a sort of sequel.
~Some Gym Leaders and/or E4 members could retire and have new people that were important to the plot in the originals take over. (someone else already said that, but I'm repeating it because it an awesome idea)
~There should be some sort of climate change, with most of Hoenn becoming warmer (besides the north) or colder (besides the south)
~Pokemon evos should be revised (budew-roselia-roserade, not just roselia)
~Pokemon from Black and White should be available
~Pokemon should be able to walk with you
~Get rid of the stupid battle tents (was that only in emerald?), and only have contests in one place (Lilycove)

What I would like to see.

Old Features
-Secret Bases Return.
-Pokemon Following you feature returns.
-Pokemon Contest.
-Feebas needs max beauty to evolve again however you have to trade it with Clean Scales as well.
-Pokeblocks return.
-Emerald Battle Frontier returns with revamped rosters.
-Pokenav Returns.

New Features
- You are now able to visit other people's secret bases over Wifi.
- The Day Care Couple raise the EV's of your Pokemon when you leave them with them.
- Altering Cave now serves a purpose post game if you bring the Griseous Orb there received from Steven you unlock a new area and Giratina is found there.
- You are able to use the Space Station in Mossdeep city to battle Deoxys a special item would be given over Wifi in order to battle it.
- You are able to customize the Safari Zone again like in HGSS some Gen 1,2,4,5 Pokemon can be found there.
- If you return the Meteorite to Prof.Cosmo in Fallabor Town Bagon will be present in Meteor Falls they're very rare though.
- Prof.Birch will request that you find him a certain Pokemon during the game after you get the certain Pokemon he will reward you with rare items. Post Game he will allow you to pick from Snivy,Tepig and Oshawott.

Gym Leader Roster Changes/Elite 4 Rosters

Roxxane- Nosepass(15),Anorith(13)- TM:Knock Down
Brawly- Makuhita(20),Meditite(18),Machop(18)-TM:Bulk UP
Wattson-Manetric(24),Plusle(23),Minun(23)- TM:Volt Change
Flannery-Torkoal(29),Vulpix(25),Camerupt(27) - TM: Nitro Charge
Winona-Altaria(33),Swellow(30),Tropius(30),Skarmory(31) - TM:Aerial Ace
Norman-Slaking(38),Kecleon(35),Zangoose(35),Vigoroth(36)- TM:Facade
Tate&Liza- Solrock(43),Lunatone(43),Claydol(41),Xatu(41)- TM:psycho Shock
Juan-Milotic(49),Kingdra(46),Swampert(46),Luvdisc(45),Lombre(46)
TM: Boiling Water
*Norman is know the 6th Gym Leader and Winona is the 5th.

Sidney-Absol(50),Mightyena(47),Sharpedo(49),Shiftry(47),
Phoebe-Dusclops(52),Sabelye(51),Banette(50),Shedninja(50)
Glacia-Walrein(54),Glalie(51),Castform(51),Sealeo(51)
Drake-Salamence(56),Kingdra(54),Flygon(54),Sceptile(53)
Wally-Gardevoir(59),Delcatty(55),Altaria(56),Magneton(57),Huntail(56),Roselia(46)
*Wally is the new Champion.

Team Aqua & Team Magma Changes
- Team Magma now uses the Numel/Camerupt,Slugma,Aron,Vulpix,Torkoal and Zubat line
-Team Aqua now uses the
Wingull,Marill,Carvanah,Wailmer,Zubat and Clampearl line.
-Post Game Team Magma Pursues Latias and Team Aqua purusues Latios.
-Your rivals are more involved in the Aqua/Magma plot.
-At one point in the game you must disguise as Team Aqua/Magma and your rival the opposite team in order to spy.

* I'll do everything else later Rival Rosters, Gym Leader and Elite Four Rematches, Frontier Brains, and Post Game battles.

Surfing speed should speed up to compliment the huge waters. Even though this may sound pointless, but I'll like different sprites for each pokemon when surfing. HGSS did give us indivisual walking sprites, so why not go the extra mile?

Last edited:

I see this bringing a lot of epicness into the games.

Like Ruby and Sapphire themselves, the remakes each exclusively hold one of the mascot legends at the climax of the game: Groudon in the Ruby remake, and Kyogre in the Sapphire remake. Of course, I would also like to see their cataclysmic battle displayed in Emerald, complete with Rayquaza descending from the sky to break up the fight. (You saw the cutscene in Emerald. Imagine the revamp... whoa.) In the Ruby remake, Kyogre retreats, while a restless Groudon is found in the Cave of Origin with a cutscene depicting it rising out a lava pool it created, roaring and ready to fight at Lv.45. Post-game, Kyogre is found in areas where it causes heavy rainfall, and you fight it at Lv.70, just like in Emerald. In the Sapphire remake, switch Groudon and Kyogre around, give Kyogre water instead of lava, and for finding Groudon, the areas where you find it have intense sunlight. And to mitigate the problem Emerald had with Rayquaza making the Elite Four way too easy, it won't return to the Sky Pillar until you beat the Elite Four.

I've come to the conclusion that a sequel would probably be much better than a remake.

While I do agree with you that I would rather a sequel than a remake (set in BW's time to keep up with the current Generations events), this thread is called "RS remake Discussion", not "Future Hoenn games discussion" or "RS sequel discussion", I think discussing sequels should be relegated to a different thread and focus on the story we already have when posting in this very thread.

That been said, and back on topic, considering that every remake thus far has updated gameplay mechanics to then-current standards, I say that if Hoenn remakes are done, seasons and Dream World would be a given (just like HGSS benefitted from GTS); storywise, DW might be justified through Devon Corp. and its famous employee (if they come before Grey, Grey could say DW was developed by Devo, just improvised by Makomo, not unlike what Emerald did in regards to Bill's PC system). Apart from that, this is what I'd like to have in such a game:

Storyline/continuity changes:
-Just like HGSS had some Crystal-original plots, Hoenn remakes would feel refreshing if they receive some of Emerald's additions to the plot: mainly both Teams being villains but with one acting behind the scenes -and pretending their helping you, only to reveal their true intention near the game's climax- so the focus is kept on each version's respective Team and mascot; and Scott meeting you throughout your journey.
-While I want Aqua and Magma to keep their original goals (in order for the game to be truly considered a remake and not fall into retcon/reboot troubles), their ACTS and schemes to achieve them must be way more threatening to keep up with BW's epic story, otherwise it wouldn't be as good received by new fans.
-Improve Wally's and Brendan's/May's roles. Both need more appareances and fullfleshed plots.
-No more timeline/continuity retcons. Retconning Emerald into taking place at the same time Red's journey happened was lame IMO; retconning the remakes into BW's time period would be even worse.
-Keep Emerald's Battle Frontier instead of sharing a new one with Unova's third version.
-Feature the Regi's (maybe along with Regigigas) and/or Lati@s as part of the plot after the E4 (like Heathran in Platinum).
-Keep RS's League (a type-themed Champion is anticlimactic, let alone sharing their type with a previous Leader. While Steven was also type-themed, his team was less Steel typed, plus Steel brings more challege that water) but don't erase Juan. Instead he can be given a new role, like making him a recurring character along with Steven (or playing Steven's Emerald role). Alternatively, I think Wallace could be the original Sootopolis Leader but after beating him he gets replaced by Juan (due to Wallace retiring because of shame or to focus in contests, W/E), but you can only fight him after beating the League for the first time; then you must beat Juan (after a post-E4 sidequest) in order to earn the right to rechallange the E4 (just like in FRLG you need to beat Sevii to rechallenge the League, you must beat the Kanto Leaders to rechallenge Johto's E4 and you have to beat Stark Mountain before rechallenging Sinnoh's E4).
-This might be a bit of a stretch, but with your family living IN LITTLEROOT and Norman being PETALBURG's Leader, to keep up with the "maturity" of Gen V, they might make your parents explicitly divorced, with your mom living with you in Littleroot and Norman LIVING (not just working) in Petalburg.
-If we want Kanto not to die (which to an extent includes me), the games might feature Kanto references or even cameos -the first thing that comes into my mind is revealing the origin of Hoenn's Dex: it is the only one whose origin is never told to the player, plus, excluding the current Unova dex, Hoenn's is the only one not developed by Oak, so both issues (Hoenn dex origin not revealed, no Oak mention in regards to that particular dex and no Kanto characters in Gen V) might be adressed with Oak appearing in RSE's remake and telling us he again developed or co-developed Hoenn Pokédex. Bruno might also appear as it's stated in Emerald that he and Brawly train together.
-And speaking of that, we need to be told when the hell does this story takes place! Does it happen right before or right after FRLG? Does it happen during (that is, simultaneously) FRLG? Does it happen between FRLG and HGSS (like say, in the second of the three years that happen between each one)? Or does it take place after HGSS-DPPt (like I originally thought and somehow still want to think)? TELL US THE TRUTH GAME FREAK!

Gameplay changes:
-With so many water routes, Hoenn deserves to have at least some of them frozen when winter comes. And of course, lots of weather changes (I thought of water because that's what Hoenn is famous for). How about berries growing faster in summer and slower in winter (with spring and autumn retaining the original growth rates).
-Completely redone/revamped dungeon maps, i.e. instead of giving GBA Petaburg Woods a coat of paint and that's all, make a brand-new forest (that is, a new map) but located between Petalburg and Rustboro so it can be recognized as Petalburg Woods, and so on with every route and dungeon. Think of Zelda games: most of them take place in Hyrule and retain the same places and location, but each individual place gets a new map in every game so to keep fresh. Like how in Yellow they gave Cerulean Cave a brand-new map.
-Emerald's Battle tents.
-Redesigned and harder Gyms puzzles.
-Gen IV's evolutions for those Pokémon that are part of the Hoenn dex (and not only some of them -what HGSS did-, but ALL of them).
-Triple Battles to be included. How about Brendan, May and Wally against Archie, Maxie and another baddie?
-Emerald's Gym rosters and rematches.
-Emerald's Call system AND FRLG/DPPt's VS Seeker.
-Of course, just like HGSS brought back Apricorns, RSemakes need berries and Pokéblocks back.
-Berry crushing and Pokéblock making should involve an all-new minigame (which might or might not use the touch screen and 3D, assuming the game would come out on the 3DS).
-The comeback of walking Pokémon and a PokéWalker-like real-life device.
-Introduce a new key item that lets you move faster while on water (waterski? anyone?).
-New ways of getting non-Hoenn Pokés. I'm tired of Prof. X giving you the starters (Birch giving away Johto's in Emerald and Oak giving away Kanto's in HGSS), and I'm even more tired (in-universe, it doesn't makes much sense really) of swarms, time-capsules/palparks/shifters and Safari Zone expansions. I think Dream World and a well thought post-E4 area (but NOT located in Hoenn) is enough.

Aesthetic/Other changes
-A FMV anime-styled intro (but keeping the original concept of RSE original intro sequence) and cutscenes, and a full orchestrated soundtrack.
-New clothes for the characters. Summer clothes must be based off of Emerald's outfits (which cover less of the characters skin and are looser) and Winter clothes being based off of RS outfits (which look heavier). And artwork for both looks (currently I've seen no artwork depicting Touya and Touko in their winter attires). AND PLEASE, CLARIFY BRENDAN'S HEAD. PLEASE.
-Speaking of that, keep May. I'm almost sure that if they make such a game, they would indeed keep her, I just write this to clarify that I like May and want her back.
-New Pokémon artwork, even if Gen V's style still is similar to Gen III in regards to Pokémon.
-If it comes for the 3DS -and thus, there is enough ROM, fully animated BATTLES (not just animated Pokémon).

I think that's all I'd like to have in a Hoenn remake. At least all that comes to my mind.

Last edited:

Does anyone like the names: RougeRuby and StarSapphire? or VolcanoRuby and OceanSapphire

I like RubyRed and SapphireBlue, although they don't follow the traditional remake style of names.

Wallace should be the Sootopolis Gym Leader. Game Freak doesn't need to erase Juan. They can give him a supporting role or he can be a contest rival.

Wallace should be the Sootopolis Gym Leader. Game Freak doesn't need to erase Juan. They can give him a supporting role or he can be a contest rival.

Or...

In the Ruby version, Juan is what you described, Wallace is the leader, and Steven is Champ, and Wallace is at the Sky Pillar, where he must be fought (with Steven's level of strength) to catch Rayquaza. In the Sapphire remake, however, Jaun is the Leader, Wallace is the Champ, and Steven resumes his role from Emerald.

I like RubyRed and SapphireBlue, although they don't follow the traditional remake style of names.

No. Just no.

Does anyone like the names: RougeRuby and StarSapphire? or VolcanoRuby and OceanSapphire

No. Again, no. It should only be called SunRuby (ie; Groudon causes infinite drought by making the sun extremely bright) and RainSapphire (Kyogre drowns all things by causing infinite rainfall).

Last edited:

~Updated graphics. Make the most out of the handheld's graphical power it's on.

~Character customization! In addition to wearing the outfits of Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald, throw in some new ones as well. I'm tired of my character looking the exact same as the other millions of players out there.

~More post game data.
After beating the main game, I want there to be more stuff to do than just rematches or the battle tower. Add in bonus exclusive cities and areas for more exploration as well as plot related stuff wise.

~Make most of the HM's be optional or create key items that preform similar tasks (ex: a flashlight in place of flash).

^^
I agree with all the above!

(On character customization, we should get the option to dress up as Pokemon we catch, and other characters (ie; Crasher Wake, Erika...), as unlockable costumes you get for reaching certain milestones (ie; catch or see all Pokemon from Gen I...))

(I really wish someone read and commented on my suggestions, but hell, whatever)

Since all the main series protagonists have roughly the same face and body, character customization would kill the purpose and identity of those characters (even although they're more of players avatars than true characters), so I say no, it's fine as it is. Unless such customization consists in litle variations only (like changing the color, but not the designs of your clothes, or freely switching between summer and winter clothes).

HM's dissapearing sounds more like a feature for a future game and not for a remake, but hey, they can do it.

AND... if we're to have version-exclusive Leaders. I'd say one version has Wallace as Leader, Steven as Champ (like in the original RS) plus Juan as a strong postgame trainer, and the other one has Juan as Sootopolis Leader, Wallace as Champ and Steven the postgame challenger (like Emerald). Although I prefer my own suggestion here:

Me said:
-Keep RS's League but don't erase Juan. Instead he can be given a new role, like making him a recurring character along with Steven (or playing Steven's Emerald role). Alternatively, I think Wallace could be the original Sootopolis Leader but after beating him he gets replaced by Juan (due to Wallace retiring because of shame or to focus in contests, W/E), but you can only fight him after beating the League for the first time; then you must beat Juan (after a post-E4 sidequest) in order to earn the right to rechallange the E4 (just like in FRLG you need to beat Sevii to rechallenge the League, you must beat the Kanto Leaders to rechallenge Johto's E4 and you have to beat Stark Mountain before rechallenging Sinnoh's E4).

VeggiePopper said:
Since all the main series protagonists have roughly the same face and body, character customization would kill the purpose and identity of those characters (even although they're more of players avatars than true characters), so I say no, it's fine as it is.
I'm not talking about drastic changes to the character's physical body but instead having a customizable wardrobe like different hats, shirts, skirt etc.

Their identity is still there, their freedom of clothing is just being expressed (since it's unrealistic to wear just one set of clothes for the rest of your life).

I'm not talking about drastic changes to the character's physical body but instead having a customizable wardrobe like different hats, shirts, skirt etc.

Their identity is still there, their freedom of clothing is just being expressed (since it's unrealistic to wear just one set of clothes for the rest of your life).

Actually my point was that with such similar facial and body similarities, what distinguishes the chracters are their clothes and so, changing them is what make then unrecognizable. Its is also un realistic to be a 10-12 year old kid and go out on your own, right?

I like the sound of Pokémon Sapphire Tide but can't think of a corresponding name for Ruby.

To the above, Pokemon Ruby Sand? Less tide, more sand, more tide less sand?
Fits a little bit?

Here's two possible names ideas:

Pokémon MindRuby Version and Pokémon MatterSapphire Version (Rubies symbolise Wisdom, and Sapphires symbolise beauty).

Pokémon RagingRuby Version and Pokémon CalmSapphire Version (Ruby is a "hot" energetic colour, while the sea is often calm).

Actually my point was that with such similar facial and body similarities, what distinguishes the chracters are their clothes and so, changing them is what make then unrecognizable. Its is also un realistic to be a 10-12 year old kid and go out on your own, right?
As long as there's a form of consistency like the face and body type remaining the same, changing their clothes wouldn't make them unrecognizable.

It sure didn't stop Silver from seeing through your character's disguise as Team Rocket.

But I'll take back the unrealistic aspect.

Well, first off, I'm glad a solution was reached. This is more like it.

While I want Aqua and Magma to keep their original goals (in order for the game to be truly considered a remake and not fall into retcon/reboot troubles), their ACTS and schemes to achieve them must be way more threatening to keep up with BW's epic story, otherwise it wouldn't be as good received by new fans.
What do you suggest? I don't know the complete Black/White plot, but from what I've seen, Team Plasma are about as threatening as Magma/Aqua, or even more peaceful, furthering their plans with rallying people and meager actions which steadily lead to the climax. I sure haven't heard them doing extreme things such as Team Galactic blowing up lakes. They sure seem less threatening than... well, every Team before them. They're just more morally invested. This might be because Reshiram/Zekrom aren't as overpowered, but there's certainly no feel of a pervasive threat with them, not even at their climax.

-Improve Wally's and Brendan's/May's roles. Both need more appareances and fullfleshed plots.
This. Mostly for Wally, but it'd be cool if both of them were comparable to Cheren and Bel.

-Keep Emerald's Battle Frontier instead of sharing a new one with Unova's third version.
Please Arceus, make it happen. :/

-Feature the Regi's (maybe along with Regigigas) and/or Lati@s as part of the plot after the E4 (like Heathran in Platinum).
The Lati@s would be more interesting, but I agree otherwise.

-Keep RS's League
Completely agreed. The rest... there's many ways to lay it out. Juan is either a bonus battle, or merely alluded to. They could also pull off a twist like in Black/White, but with different results. I still am thinking about how this could work out.

-This might be a bit of a stretch, but with your family living IN LITTLEROOT and Norman being PETALBURG's Leader, to keep up with the "maturity" of Gen V, they might make your parents explicitly divorced, with your mom living with you in Littleroot and Norman LIVING (not just working) in Petalburg.
... A bit of a stretch? That's a massive stretch if I ever saw one... so now working outside home means they're divorced? Even though Norman's Match Call info outright says he walks the whole distance from home to the Gym every day? Really?

Black/White might have the whole Bel's story, and thin-veiled child manipulation, but that doesn't means a RS Remake should have this for the sake of "maturity". It's not like HGSS made use of any of Platinum's superior storytelling outside of special events. Even then, it falls awfully short in comparison.

Sorry, but this is just a rather appalling idea that doesn't exactly adds to the plot in any way.

-If we want Kanto not to die (which to an extent includes me), the games might feature Kanto references or even cameos -the first thing that comes into my mind is revealing the origin of Hoenn's Dex: it is the only one whose origin is never told to the player, plus, excluding the current Unova dex, Hoenn's is the only one not developed by Oak, so both issues (Hoenn dex origin not revealed, no Oak mention in regards to that particular dex and no Kanto characters in Gen V) might be adressed with Oak appearing in RSE's remake and telling us he again developed or co-developed Hoenn Pokédex. Bruno might also appear as it's stated in Emerald that he and Brawly train together.
I don't think it's necessary, but it wouldn't be bad, either.

-No more timeline/continuity retcons. Retconning Emerald into taking place at the same time Red's journey happened was lame IMO; retconning the remakes into BW's time period would be even worse.
How was it a retcon if it was never established outside of Fanon speculation? No character in presumed "future" games ever allude to RSE's events. They only make unintelligible references. Mr. Pokémon might or might not have been friends with Brendan/May. Steven is a Champion in the past and the future, seeing how they still address Red as a Champion. Maybe he wasn't reminded of Brendan/May when seeing Ethan/Lyra, but of someone else. There's no way to know. Of course, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, because I believe those references are obvious shout-outs to the RSE events, but they're never truly specific, and can't be compared to the way the Sinnoh characters speak of 4th Gen's events and locations in Unova.

Even outside of HGSS, RS never did any claim that was outright erased by Emerald (Bill's Mail to Lanette was a mistranslation only corrected in Emerald), and I certainly don't remember neither RSE nor FRLG making such time relationship clear. It was just Fanon speculation, even though it made complete sense. So yeah. You can't Retcon something that wasn't even clearly established in the first place.

Also...

-And speaking of that, we need to be told when the hell does this story takes place! Does it happen right before or right after FRLG? Does it happen during (that is, simultaneously) FRLG? Does it happen between FRLG and HGSS (like say, in the second of the three years that happen between each one)? Or does it take place after HGSS-DPPt (like I originally thought and somehow still want to think)? TELL US THE TRUTH GAME FREAK!
Way to contradict yourself. You don't want them to "Retcon" RSE events again, yet you believe they take place after HGSS/DPPt? A time frame that also encompasses the Black/White time frame? So you don't want them to take place concurrently with Black/White, yet you want to? Um... OK.

That aside... I don't think they should lay out everything in plain sight. Why do they have to spell things out for us? It's the whole Silver controversy all over again. It was obvious he was Gio's son, but everyone overlooked the obvious and wanted confirmation. Presto! A wasted event that threw Giovanni's character down a waterfall... literally. And let's not get started with the whole Red stuff, not to mention Leaf, or hell, the recycled Battle Frontier...

But if it stops the constant debates despite the obviousness... I'm all for it.

Gameplay changes:
-Emerald's Battle tents.
I'd rather see Contest Halls again. Yes, they serve little purpose, but so did the Battle Tents. Plus, Contest Halls spread around would make Contests feel at least a little like an actual quest, as it did in RS.

-The comeback of walking Pokémon and a PokéWalker-like real-life device.
If they do this, I only hope they make it optional...

-Introduce a new key item that lets you move faster while on water (waterski? anyone?).
Not necessary. It's not like Hoenn is 100% water. The current Surf speed seems to be enough. I don't disagree, but I frankly don't see the point.

-New ways of getting non-Hoenn Pokés. I'm tired of Prof. X giving you the starters (Birch giving away Johto's in Emerald and Oak giving away Kanto's in HGSS), and I'm even more tired (in-universe, it doesn't makes much sense really) of swarms, time-capsules/palparks/shifters and Safari Zone expansions. I think Dream World and a well thought post-E4 area (but NOT located in Hoenn) is enough.
And have people complain that they can't transfer their previous Generation's Pokémon again? No thanks. I agree with removing convoluted methods (Even if they're not really as bad as you make them seem), but it would be a very stupid move to prevent cross-Generation transfer again. As for Professors giving out Starters... I fail to see what's so bad about them.

I agree with the rest.

Aesthetic/Other changes
-New clothes for the characters. Summer clothes must be based off of Emerald's outfits (which cover less of the characters skin and are looser) and Winter clothes being based off of RS outfits (which look heavier). And artwork for both looks (currently I've seen no artwork depicting Touya and Touko in their winter attires). AND PLEASE, CLARIFY BRENDAN'S HEAD. PLEASE.
I think the winter clothes bit was only a rumor. Or maybe the claim it was a rumor was wrong, but I certainly haven't seen that creep out again ever since it was mentioned previous to release.

That aside, I agree with Brendan's bit. Even if the hat is obvious considering it's Pokémon, but eh...

-Speaking of that, keep May. I'm almost sure that if they make such a game, they would indeed keep her, I just write this to clarify that I like May and want her back.
B-but then they wouldn't be able to cash in on the shinning new eyecandy a May redesign would provide! :p

-If it comes for the 3DS -and thus, there is enough ROM, fully animated BATTLES (not just animated Pokémon).
I'm pleased with what BW did, but I agree nonetheless.

My own ideas might come later.

What do you suggest? I don't know the complete Black/White plot, but from what I've seen, Team Plasma are about as threatening as Magma/Aqua, or even more peaceful, furthering their plans with rallying people and meager actions which steadily lead to the climax. I sure haven't heard them doing extreme things such as Team Galactic blowing up lakes. They sure seem less threatening than... well, every Team before them. They're just more morally invested. This might be because Reshiram/Zekrom aren't as overpowered, but there's certainly no feel of a pervasive threat with them, not even at their climax.

As you said later, Team Plasma plot involves child manipulation and emancipation, which, while not violent, is indeed darker and more mature than previous teams (even Galactic IMHO), and I'd like RSE's Teams to catch up with these new standards. What do I suggest? Lots of things can be done: make Mt. Pyre erupt, assault a public place, take over a city (even the Rockests did that), hold hostages (Peeko the Wingull doesn't count, it would be laughable to be considered a true hostage, I want human hostages like in the Radio Tower), or just give Archie and Maxie more complex and deeper personalities, like how Giovanni was a bit upgraded in HGSS.

Orion-sama said:
... A bit of a stretch? That's a massive stretch if I ever saw one... so now working outside home means they're divorced? Even though Norman's Match Call info outright says he walks the whole distance from home to the Gym every day? Really?

Sorry, but this is just a rather appalling idea that doesn't exactly adds to the plot in any way.

You seem to act as if I said "They ALREADY ARE divorced and I want them to shout it out". No, I agree with you, I never interpreted working outside home as being divorced (my own dad works a few cities away and has to catch the bus or drive to work everyday since I was a child without my parents being divorced). I just wanted that as a minor change (and I say 'minor change' and 'bit of a stretch' because, as you said, it's not relevant to the overall plot) that seemed cool to me. But yes, it's unnecessary and now that I think about it again, I must have been on drugs when I wrote that XD my apologies for that one.

Orion-sama said:
I don't think it's necessary, but it wouldn't be bad, either.

Just a personal wish of mine :) To date, RSE are the only games without cameos.

Orion-sama said:
(Long but well-thought argument about continuity and place in the overall timeline)

But if it stops the constant debates despite the obviousness... I'm all for it.

LOL yes, I contradicted myself, but that was because of bad wording (not to justify it, but it was like 2am when I wrote that). Let me explain: when RS first came out, being the latest additions to the franchise, the most logical assumption was that they took place after GS, then FRLG and Emerald made little changes not present in the originals (RGBY and RS respectively) that while never saying it for sure, at least suggest that the Kanto and Hoenn storylines MIGHT happen simultaneously, and everybody fell for it (even BP treats it as if it was confirmed, established canon), but I didn't. So the general assumption seems to be something like "RS originally had no place at all -or might happen the latest- then were moved into FRLG's period", but like you said, that's just fanon. That's why I first spoke of retcons (which indeed happen in FRLG even if they don't reveal anything for sure) and then I say "I don't believe in those ideas". BUT all that was just to back my main point which was that I want no more retcons (that's why I now also withdraw my "let's make your parents be divorced" suggestion) but I do want something that tells us for sure (I still don't see the "obviousness" you talk about there) when the hell the game happens without having to change the plot.

Now beacause of this I'll write an essay on this matter XD

Orion-sama said:
Not necessary. It's not like Hoenn is 100% water. The current Surf speed seems to be enough. I don't disagree, but I frankly don't see the point.

Not 100%, but there's still a lot of water there, and it would be cool to have a vehicle that is not the bike for a change, and a RSE remake, with all those water routes, would be the best game to introduce it, not unlike the VS Seeker was introduced in FRLG, a remake.

Orion-sama said:
And have people complain that they can't transfer their previous Generation's Pokémon again? No thanks. I agree with removing convoluted methods (Even if they're not really as bad as you make them seem), but it would be a very stupid move to prevent cross-Generation transfer again. As for Professors giving out Starters... I fail to see what's so bad about them.

I agree with the rest.

NO no, you got me wrong. I never said "take out cross-generation transfers". I said that I don't want them to be the main way to get other Pokés and that I wanted new, original, non-convoluted methods. Still, even if they did take out that feature, you could still transfer Gen III and IV Pokés to the RSE remakes via BW. ABout professors, I think there should be other ways to get the starters for the sake of having a little change.

Orion-sama said:
That aside, I agree with Brendan's bit. Even if the hat is obvious considering it's Pokémon, but eh...

There's people still debating it. As you said earlier, sometimes they pass the obvious by. So a better artwork wouldn't hurt in that matter. If we got at least one hatless Ethan sprite, why not a hatless Brendan (be it an in-game sprite or full artwork, prefereably the latter)?

Orion-sama said:
B-but then they wouldn't be able to cash in on the shinning new eyecandy a May redesign would provide! :p

Again, you missunderstood me. I'm not against a redesign (it's obvous the protagonists will be redesigned just like Red and Ethan), I'm against introducing a new character. I want a redesigned May who is still recognized as May, both in looks and in-game story (that is, to keep the name May and be Birch's daughter whan you play as the male). But this time I can say it would be for sure she wouldn't receive the Cris treatment because unlike her who didn't exist in GSC storyline, May is an important NPC, so she wouldn't be replaced should a remake be done.

Thanks for the reply. Will be waiting for your own suggestions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom