• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Winter doesn't mean places have to freeze :\

I hope the secret bases return, with new decorations and furniture.

If the Battle Frontier returns, I would like to see the Frontier Brains outside of their facilities at some point. It would give some of the more forgotten Brains some spotlight. Like Spenser. Does anyone remember this guy? Shame, he has such a cool design.

Not keeping my hopes up though, as I don't think this happened with the Platinum and HG/SS ones besides Palmer (not sure, I don't have those games)

maybe the water around the area and Mossdeep could freeze a bit?

The ocean doesn't freeze.

Maybe, however, the more mountainous areas could get snow, like you suggested. I'd really think it would be neat for the peak of Mt. Pyre to get snow.

Winter could still exist in the Hoenn region, couldn't it?

It could, in a sense. The peaks of mountains would become snowy and maybe the northern regions?

And a desert doesn't necessitate hot -- The Gobi desert is renowned for its cold winters. The minimal snow that falls doesn't melt until the spring.

Not to mention that Antarctica is largely a desert.

Despite the Hoenn region being the warmest and most tropical-like region, there could be places for snow to exist. Like Shoal Cave, maybe the water around the area and Mossdeep could freeze a bit? Mountains in the Hoenn region could get snowfalls? There's always the possibility of a new area, like the Safari Zone and extra routes west of Cianwood City in HGSS.

Maybe if they utilized all those islands around the Battle Frontier, they could make some sort of icy island chain.

I hope the secret bases return, with new decorations and furniture.

This to the max -- and with the ability to battle every once a day again. And no 10 friend max this time D:

The ocean doesn't freeze.

It will if it gets cold enough lol.

Maybe, however, the more mountainous areas could get snow, like you suggested. I'd really think it would be neat for the peak of Mt. Pyre to get snow.

That would be awesome, and also kind of add to the solemnity of the area.

Still could be a change of Pokémon population; more Cacnea on wet season and else.

I suppose that would work as well -- Cacnea and Trapinch populations go up in the wet season and Baltoy and Sandshrew populations go up in the dry season.

It will if it gets cold enough lol.

No. The ocean does not freeze. Have you noticed how there's never a layer of ice on the ocean around Antarctica or other frigid places? That's because there's so much water in the ocean, that you would have to remove a tremendous amount of heat to freeze even an inch or two over the top. There is also quite a bit of salt in the ocean, which lowers the freezing temperature of water.

It's physics.

No. The ocean does not freeze. Have you noticed how there's never a layer of ice on the ocean around Antarctica or other frigid places? That's because there's so much water in the ocean, that you would have to remove a tremendous amount of heat to freeze even an inch or two over the top. There is also quite a bit of salt in the ocean, which lowers the freezing temperature of water.

It's physics.

I'm no "Mr. Science" genius... But isn't the water around the North Pole usually frozen? It is even connected to North America, Europe, and Asia.

I know that it sounds ridiculous, but this is Pokemon. Logic doesn't really apply to the Pokemon world. I'm sure the creators aren't putting in 100% logic in the games. Idk... :/

There are actually ice shelves around Antarctica, and the Northern ice sea is completely frozen. It shouldn't happen in a tropical region like Hoenn, though.

There are actually ice shelves around Antarctica, and the Northern ice sea is completely frozen. It shouldn't happen in a tropical region like Hoenn, though.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my last post. I'm sure that when the developers are creating a Pokemon game, they're not really focusing on the logics. It's like Sinnoh is supposed to be the coolest region, yet at very north and east side of the region, there is no snow and lines up exactly with Snowpoint City. There's even tropical trees that really don't sense.

^ I'm pretty sure It was like that because of the active volcano producing a lot of heat. Logic still applies in a Pokemon game, it's just lessened, but not as drastically as I think you're saying. :)

^ I'm pretty sure It was like that because of the active volcano producing a lot of heat. Logic still applies in a Pokemon game, it's just lessened, but not as drastically as I think you're saying. :)
Speaking of, being near an active volcano is very dangerous. Convection, you know.

I propose that the Pokedex will not extend to Roselia's evolved forms - they would be discounted, for their incenses and stones would not be in the region.

Speaking of, being near an active volcano is very dangerous. Convection, you know.

I propose that the Pokedex will not extend to Roselia's evolved forms - they would be discounted, for their incenses and stones would not be in the region.
Then why were the stones and incenses in HGSS and BW? They extended the HGSS dex and the Platinum one so I don't see why they wouldn't in the RS remakes.

It's physics.
Sea ice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The amount of heat required isn't that significantly different, and the large body of water for the ocean means the entire ocean doesn't freeze

Then why were the stones and incenses in HGSS and BW? They extended the HGSS dex and the Platinum one so I don't see why they wouldn't in the RS remakes.

The stones were only included post-E4 in HGSS. Only Pokémon who could reach their new evolved forms without the aid of specific items (in short, ones that would be extremely cheap to exclude prior to beating the E4, so as to avoid the screwiness that went down in FrLg) were added to the pre-E4 'Dex.

It's physics.

The temperature of freezing for salt water is 18F (-8C), which is a common winter temperature. It should be possible. Also look at the arctic ice caps. Those are largely made of (what was, since the salt is removed in freezing) salt water.

I'm no "Mr. Science" genius... But isn't the water around the North Pole usually frozen? It is even connected to North America, Europe, and Asia.

I know that it sounds ridiculous, but this is Pokemon. Logic doesn't really apply to the Pokemon world. I'm sure the creators aren't putting in 100% logic in the games. Idk... :/

Yeah, it always bugged me in Pokemon that Snowpoint City is frozen solid while the Battle Zone is tropical and they're at the same latitude.

It shouldn't but pokemon has a large history of not following physics. Much of its premise is based on the violation of the laws of conservation of energy and momentum.

The volcano doesn't create that much heat. *points to Iceland*

I, uh, what? LOL.

I think they'll include them in the dex, but they'll only be obtainable post-E4, just like Rayquaza or Lati@s.

The stones were only included post-E4 in HGSS. Only Pokémon who could reach their new evolved forms without the aid of specific items (in short, ones that would be extremely cheap to exclude prior to beating the E4, so as to avoid the screwiness that went down in FrLg) were added to the pre-E4 'Dex.
Then explain getting a useless Dawn Stone before the E4 in BW. I actually think they will add in the stone evos. It will give trainers better diversity and help out some of the GL's and E4 members. Glacia needs Froslass I hate E4 members who double their pokemon or triple them(LANCE!)

Actually, the Sinnoh's northeastern part could be heated with warm currents and the volcano, and Snowpoint could be cooled with cold currents.
Hoenn is a too tropical region to be frost for sure, it might even not have significant winter temperature changes.

The volcano doesn't create that much heat. *points to Iceland*

Well there are pools of lava pretty close to Stark Mountain. Imagine how much heat would be put out when more lava comes out. Maybe the ashes it spews out affect the climate. Like that Eyjafjallajokull volcano's eruption only constant for a very long time. Maybe a thick cloud of ashes acted like insulation. There is also probably magma under the ground in that area warming it slightly. Also like Wirsur said, currents could affect this. All this is pretty unlikely, but it might happen. Anyways, that's just my theory of what happened.

Well there are pools of lava pretty close to Stark Mountain. Imagine how much heat would be put out when more lava comes out.

Not enough to make the entirety of the island have a tropical climate.

Maybe the ashes it spews out affect the climate. Like that Eyjafjallajokull volcano's eruption only constant for a very long time. Maybe a thick cloud of ashes acted like insulation. There is also probably magma under the ground in that area warming it slightly

I was thinking more of Katla, but that works too.
A thick cloud of ashes works as insulation, but it also acts as insulation from outside. The energy kept in is much less than the usable energy kept out. It's the reason that the global temperature dropped 2F for two years after Mt. Pinatubo's eruption in 1991. Again, there's a hotspot underneath Iceland. It is cold and icy in its center, where most of the volcanoes are.

Also like Wirsur said, currents could affect this. All this is pretty unlikely, but it might happen. Anyways, that's just my theory of what happened.

I ultimately think it's an aesthetic choice; they were going for something exotic. It's the only explanation that I can think of.

But we're getting off-topic. I think that we've proven the same point while debating science: pokemon doesn't obey the laws of physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom