• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

I personally think that the remakes wouldn't have the 4 season. A dry season and a wet season would be nice, but not a winter, fall, spring, and summer. I personally always thought as the Hoenn as a tropical climate, so I think that having a winter would ruin it.

I personally think that the remakes wouldn't have the 4 season. A dry season and a wet season would be nice, but not a winter, fall, spring, and summer. I personally always thought as the Hoenn as a tropical climate, so I think that having a winter would ruin it.

I don't think they're climatologically inclined enough to even include a wet/dry season thing, unfortunately. It would be nice, but I don't think they'll take the bait.

I would like Liza and Tate to be Elite 4, we haven't a twin, double battling Elite 4 yet. Make them a Gallade and Gardevoir, save their Solrock and Lunatone. Maybe add in a surprising Latias, Latios team.

You know that equatorial regions have winters too. :| You seem to be mixing up winter with snow. Winter doesn't mean it has to snow. In game such as Pokemon though, only cooler climate would have no effect on the look of the game unlike snow.

Actually Iceland is way warmer than all of its conterparts on the same latitude. Winter temperature there can be just around -1 C or -2 C, but in many parts of Russian Siberia (roughly at the same latitude) there can be even -30 to -60 at winters. The currents can drastically affect the climate, and the volcanos also heats up it a bit.

Yeah, one time I had a big discussion with someone about whether or not the names of Iceland and Greenland had been accidentally reversed at some point, as Iceland is quite green while Greenland is covered in ice.

The example of Iceland was merely to prove that ocean currents don't entirely fix the latitude temperatures. There is still ice in the center of Iceland.

This is my theory no one has pointed before, What if...

Battle Island is quite near the equator below sinnoh, and the boat takes us from Snowpoint to Battle Area. They just included the island in the large unused ocean area for the sake of only one map? You know, Sinjoh Ruins - Violet City.

This might be possible since there is not one Iceberg in sight from any place on the island yet the path from snowpoint has flooded with icebergs. Keep in mind that Between DP and Platinum, The Sinnoh Reigon cooled enough to have snow in twinleaf and other places while battle island was hotter.

Yet i am always bugged by the face that how could a 10 yr old kid and many kids go inside a smoking lava throwing volcano wearing a coat and scarf... (Platinum) and go deep inside it and come back with no harm whatsover.

Nah, it's not near the equator, there's actually an island there in real life that shape (Sakhalin)

I can't see them removing the Battle Tower. Whether they'll capitalize upon the open space between Dewford and the Battle Tower. The map shows several islands. We don't know what those islands are though. Lots of potential.

To tell you the truth, I am more interested to see how the Adventures manga (or if you prefer to call it, PokeSpe) will tackle this chapter if the remakes are true, considering the aftermath of the villains (they essentially broke up). On the other hand, I feel at unease to see how things turn out since that manga's usually very dark.

Thanks for reading.

You know that equatorial regions have winters too. :| You seem to be mixing up winter with snow. Winter doesn't mean it has to snow. In game such as Pokemon though, only cooler climate would have no effect on the look of the game unlike snow.

This is true. Even though Ice-typed Pokemon may not appear during the winter season, there might be some Pokemon that migrated to match the climate type that they live in.

Agree. The grass in winter could be still slightly more opaque, like Unova's autumn. More rainy zones. And since you mention equatorial regions, Andes mountains cross Equator and still have snow. It would be nice to see some snow at Mt. Pyre. And Shoal Cave.

Today I realized something awesome. Think about it: R/S/E ---Pal Park---> D/P/Pt/HG/SS --- Poké-Transfer ---> R/S Remakes. An awesome circular journey through time. I hope R/S remakes will include Poké-Transfer. *¬*

^^To someone above, I think he was referring to the fact that many tropical areas (South-East Asia, Northern Australia...) have two seasons. It's not that Winter, Autumm, Summer and Spring don't exist, it's just that there is a greater difference in two of the seasons. One of these being the wet season where floods are common and it rains a lot, and the other being the dry season where it rains far less and is overall dryer.

I feel this feature could actually work in Hoenn due to its climate, however the foresty region around Fortree and Lilycove would be benifit even moreso. Tiny islands could appear in the water areas around Mt.Pyre and Mauville-Fortree too, showing off lakes and rivers drying up. These islands could then be covered when the rivers flood in the rainy season.

Overall I just believe that seasons would work great in Hoenn due to the diverse climate.

Yeah, seasons would be good in Hoenn, but it seems like the region is already as diverse as can be without the change in climate. If seasons were to be added, I'd expect some new twist with them.

Hopefully, this game will add a move tutor. Out of the moves that will be available, I expect to see the following (as all of these were TMs in Generation III, but not in V):

Focus Punch
Water Pulse
Bullet Seed
Giga Drain
Iron Tail
Shock Wave
Secret Power
Steel Wing
Skill Swap
Snatch

The following Gen IV TMs aren't TMs in Gen V, so could be considered as well:
Roost
Brine
Endure
Dragon Pulse
Drain Punch
Silver Wind
Recycle
Avalanche
Stealth Rock
Captivate
Dark Pulse
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift

The Emerald Battle Frontier had 20 Move Tutor moves, so I'd say take 5 away from this list (Probably Water Pulse, Giga Drain, Shock Wave, Brine and Natural Gift). That will leave 2 spaces for other moves (like Flare Blitz and Brave Bird).

Then, going with the Gen III Battle Frontier prices, we can price the moves at:
16 BP: Bullet Seed, Secret Power.
24 BP: Iron Tail, Steel Wing, Snatch, Silver Wind, Recycle, Avalanche, Captivate, Sleep Talk.
48 BP: Focus Punch, Snatch, Roost, Endure, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird.

Or, instead of some of the Gen IV only TMs, they could use some of the Gen III move tutor moves (like Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch).

^^Yep, snow would be a cool element on Mt.Pyre maybe. But I just hope they don't put in fog there and bring back Defog for that D:

^That's a good idea. Especially Dragon Pulse and Roost.

Yeah, Defog is the dumbest HM ever. Even worse than Flash, Rock Smash, and Whirlpool. I really hope none of these four are brought back, but I think Rock Smash may.

Well, Rock Smash and Flash are TMs in Generation V anyway. Whirlpools don't appear in Hoenn, and we don't really need Defog for Mt. Pyre xD

Rock Smash and Flash are only useful because they make them useful. They add no value to the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom