• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Plus there is the huge amount of advertising May got due to the anime.

She is at least recognizable by the regular person as a character from Pokemon. That's why they won't replace her.

Gameplay changes:
-With so many water routes, Hoenn deserves to have at least some of them frozen when winter comes. And of course, lots of weather changes (I thought of water because that's what Hoenn is famous for). How about berries growing faster in summer and slower in winter (with spring and autumn retaining the original growth rates).

... you do realize that Hoenn is tropical? So Hoenn won't have much seasonal change let alone snow (And no Shoal cave doesn't count). Unova is farther north-west of Hoenn. All I can see Hoenn having is a wet and dry season.

What I would want in an R/S/E remake?

*The return of Headbutt trees. I know they went away with the original R/S, but damn it, I like Headbutting trees!

*Several Pokemon being added to the Hoenn Dex, such as Chatot, Ekans, and Arbok. Chatot so Team Aqua members can have it, and Ekans and Arbok because I love the Poison-type, and this is my speculation.

*The Match Call feature from Emerald returning, although done more like HG/SS's Pokegear phone function. Especially in regards to Gym Leader rematches.

*Some little notification in a Wurmple's summary that clues you into whether it'll become Silcoon or Cascoon. Seriously, who here hasn't raised a Wurmple to level 7, only to have it become a Silcoon when all you want is a Dustox, you know?!

*Some actual use for the Scorched Slab, other than obtaining the Sunny Day TM. Perhaps a Drought Ninetales appearing there on Fridays?

*More ingame events that give you Dream World Ability Pokemon, such as the Ninetales thing mentioned above.

*Change it so Eevee evolves into Leafeon with the frickin' Leaf Stone! I mean, if they cared that much about continuity, then why give Lickitung and Piloswine evolutions that depended on them learning moves they've had access to since Generation II?! If not that, then by leveling up in Petalburg Woods. For Glaceon, the lowest floor of Shoal Cave. For Magnezone and Probopass, New Mauville.

*Gym Leader rematches:

Roxanne:
Golem lv. 56
Cradily lv. 57
Magcargo lv. 57
Omastar lv. 57
Gigalith lv. 58
Probopass lv. 59

Brawly:
Machamp lv. 56
Breloom lv. 57
Emboar lv. 57
Poliwrath lv. 57
Zuruzukin lv. 58
Hariyama lv. 59

Wattson:
Electrode lv. 56
Magnezone lv. 57
Frost Rotom lv. 57
Zeburaika lv. 57
Raichu lv. 58
Manectric lv. 59

Flannery:
Magcargo lv. 56
Camerupt lv. 57
Charizard lv. 57
Blaziken lv. 57
Torkoal lv. 58
Ulgamoth lv. 59

Norman:
Mebukijika lv. 56
Bibarel lv. 57
Girafarig lv. 57
Fearow lv. 57
Porygon-Z lv. 58
Slaking lv. 59

Winona:
Skarmory lv. 56
Tropius lv. 57
Charizard lv. 57
Pelipper lv. 57
Fan Rotom lv. 58
Altaria lv. 59

Tate&Liza:
Claydol lv. 56
Oobemu lv. 56
Xatu lv. 57
Girafarig lv. 57
Lunatone lv. 58
Solrock lv. 58

Wallace:
Walrein lv. 56
Ludicolo lv. 57
Swana lv. 57
Qwilfish lv. 57
Empoleon lv. 58
Milotic lv. 59

I may add more stuff later.

With a mustache.

... you do realize that Hoenn is tropical? So Hoenn won't have much seasonal change let alone snow (And no Shoal cave doesn't count). Unova is farther north-west of Hoenn. All I can see Hoenn having is a wet and dry season.

Is there any ingame (anime doesn't count since it has its own continuity which many times goes against games rules), CANON proof of Hoenn being tropical other than the fan assumption "it's an island and it has a city on trees so it must be tropical"? So... how does an actual proof doesn't count? Epic fail so I'll ignore that, and will say that Shoal Cave proves there CAN be cold climates in Hoenn.

Is there any CANON proof that Unova is "farther north-west from Hoenn" other than the assumption "it's based off of New York so it must be located in the same location real NYC is"?

Even if your aguments held true (which don't, anyways), we've seen that PokéEarth's rules don't fully correspond to our Earth's: Chinese legends appearing in PokéJapan, seasons lasting one month instead of three, places where it ALWAYS rains, surfing in the open sea, ten year olds saving the world... So it could well be an acceptable break from reality that a tropical island does get snow in winter due to rule of cool.

Mod note: please keep it civil. No one's crossed the line yet, but we're slowly getting there.

What I would want in an R/S/E remake?

*The return of Headbutt trees. I know they went away with the original R/S, but damn it, I like Headbutting trees!

*Several Pokemon being added to the Hoenn Dex, such as Chatot, Ekans, and Arbok. Chatot so Team Aqua members can have it, and Ekans and Arbok because I love the Poison-type, and this is my speculation.

*The Match Call feature from Emerald returning, although done more like HG/SS's Pokegear phone function. Especially in regards to Gym Leader rematches.

*Some little notification in a Wurmple's summary that clues you into whether it'll become Silcoon or Cascoon. Seriously, who here hasn't raised a Wurmple to level 7, only to have it become a Silcoon when all you want is a Dustox, you know?!

*Some actual use for the Scorched Slab, other than obtaining the Sunny Day TM. Perhaps a Drought Ninetales appearing there on Fridays?

*More ingame events that give you Dream World Ability Pokemon, such as the Ninetales thing mentioned above.

*Change it so Eevee evolves into Leafeon with the frickin' Leaf Stone! I mean, if they cared that much about continuity, then why give Lickitung and Piloswine evolutions that depended on them learning moves they've had access to since Generation II?! If not that, then by leveling up in Petalburg Woods. For Glaceon, the lowest floor of Shoal Cave. For Magnezone and Probopass, New Mauville.

*Gym Leader rematches:

Roxanne:
Golem lv. 56
Cradily lv. 57
Magcargo lv. 57
Omastar lv. 57
Gigalith lv. 58
Probopass lv. 59

Brawly:
Machamp lv. 56
Breloom lv. 57
Emboar lv. 57
Poliwrath lv. 57
Zuruzukin lv. 58
Hariyama lv. 59

Wattson:
Electrode lv. 56
Magnezone lv. 57
Frost Rotom lv. 57
Zeburaika lv. 57
Raichu lv. 58
Manectric lv. 59

Flannery:
Magcargo lv. 56
Camerupt lv. 57
Charizard lv. 57
Blaziken lv. 57
Torkoal lv. 58
Ulgamoth lv. 59

Norman:
Mebukijika lv. 56
Bibarel lv. 57
Girafarig lv. 57
Fearow lv. 57
Porygon-Z lv. 58
Slaking lv. 59

Winona:
Skarmory lv. 56
Tropius lv. 57
Charizard lv. 57
Pelipper lv. 57
Fan Rotom lv. 58
Altaria lv. 59

Tate&Liza:
Claydol lv. 56
Oobemu lv. 56
Xatu lv. 57
Girafarig lv. 57
Lunatone lv. 58
Solrock lv. 58

Wallace:
Walrein lv. 56
Ludicolo lv. 57
Swana lv. 57
Qwilfish lv. 57
Empoleon lv. 58
Milotic lv. 59

I may add more stuff later.

With a mustache.

The Scorched Slab idea is brilliant! However, what about Drizzle Politoed? Perhaps Politoed will appear at Fridays underwater?

I also like your Gym Leader rosters. Qwilfish however, is not suiting for Wallace. Wallace prefers elegant Pokemon, so Mamanbou would be a good Pokemon for him to use.

Maybe Nosepass and Magneton's location to evolve could be New Mawvile City.
Leafeon in the petalburg woods and Glaceon in Shoal Cave

Maybe during the winter it would hail on Route 120 instead of rain and Snowrunt could be obtainable.

During the winter Spheal can be found on snow routes.

It'd be cool if the gym leaders in there rematch would have 1 pokemon from every generation except Hoenn were they will have 2.

Roxanne
Golem
Steelix
Cradiliy
Relicanth
probopass
Archeos

Brawly
Machamp
Hitmontop
Haryama
Medicham
Toxicroak
Dageki

Wattson
Voltorb
Ampharos
Manectric
Rotom
Magnezone
Denchura

Flannery
Arcanine
Magcargo
Camerupt
Torkoal
Magmortar
Darmanitan

Norman
Kangiskhan
Blissey
Slakinh
Slaking
Lickilicky
Buffaron

Flannery
Dragonite
Skarmory
Tropius
Altaria
Togekiss
Swaana

Tate & Liz
Slowking
Slowbro
Solrock
Lunatone
Gardevour
Gallade

Juan
Lapras
Kingdra
Crawdaunt
Wishcash
Lumineon
Mamanbou

Sidney
Houndoom
Cracturne
Absol
Crawdaunt
Skuntank
Kirikazan

phoebe
Gengar
Mismagius
Sableye
Banette
Dusknoir
Shandera

Glacia
Cloyster
Mamoswine
Glalie
Walrein
Froslass
Bananira

Drake
Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Salamence
Garchomp
Crimgan

Wallace
Gyrados
Lanturn
Ludicolo
Milotic
Empoleon
Gamageorge

Steven Stone
Steelix
Skarmory
Aggron
Metagross
Gigigaeru
Bastiodon

I mentioned earlier that Juan should take the spot as Sootoplis leader while Wallace is champion during rematches.

Steven is rematched in Meteor Falls.

Maybe a thrid rematch for the battle frontier?

Anabel
Suicune
Latias
Crestlina

Spencer
Slaking
Sazandora
Virizion

Brandon
Landlos
Regigigas
Terakion

Tucker
Ulgamoth
Swampert
Salamence

Greta
Umbreon
Garchomp
Cobalon

Lucy
Seviper
Jalorda
Shiburodon

Last edited:

Personally, I'd like a totally new soundfont for the town/city themes. The original one...wasn't really all that. And I'd like the return of pokemon following you around a la HG/SS. And possibly having a choice/some obscure event that decides whether your 8th Gym Battle is against Wallace or Juan. Maybe as random as basing it on your character's gender? If the connection's that random, maybe there would be fewer arguments re who the true leader is. And possibly have a re-order of the earlier gyms (like in Platinum relative to D/P).

And possibly have a re-order of the earlier gyms (like in Platinum relative to D/P).

Personally, I always thought your father should be the last gym leader. It would be kind of cool.

Outside of moving Norman around, the order does seem to make the most sense the way it is now, unless Brawly was remade to be after you get Surf.

Agreed. There won't be any snow. Hoenn is depicted as tropical region. Both in the anime and the games.

Hoenn?Tropical?I don't see any tropical trees out there. I lived in the tropical regions for my entire life and played the hoenn games-I can sure say Hoenn is SUBtropical, like Kyushu. Is it warmer than the other regions?Yes. Is it tropical?No. And since it's subtropical, i'd like to see snow in places like Mt.Pyre, Mt.Chymney and route 113, and the possibility of frosts through winter.

Last edited:

Hoenn?Tropical?I don't see any tropical trees out there. I lived in the tropical regions for my entire life and played the hoenn games-I can sure say Hoenn is SUBtropical, like Kyushu. Is it warmer than the other regions?Yes. Is it tropical?No. And since it's subtropical, i'd like to see snow in places like Mt.Pyre, Mt.Chymney and route 113, and the possibility of frosts through winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtropics

In subtropical climates the winters are relatively warm, but not as hot as the summer season. These climates rarely—if ever—see frost or snow, and plants such as palm, citrus and many broadleaf evergreens flourish, in contrast to the hardier deciduous and coniferous trees which dominate midlatitude climates.

My point still stands. Snow doesn't belong in Hoenn.

I don't think Norman should be the final Gym Leader. As the 5th Gym Leader, he is shown to be damn strong but not the strongest. If he was the final one, it will be too cliche.

Anyway, teams!

Gym Leaders:
Roxanne:
Geodude
Anorith/Lileep(Anorith in R and Lileep in S)
Nosepass

Brawly:
Machop
Meditite(Unlike Emerald, it should have some other move than just Foucs Punch)
Makuhita

Wattson
Magnemite
Voltorb
Electrike
Magneton
Manectric

Flannery
Drought Vulpix
Slugma
Camerupt
Torkoal

Norman
Spinda
Extremespeed Linoone
Vigoroth
Slaking

Winona
Tropius
Swellow(With Flame Orb, Guts and Protect)
Skarmory
Pelipper
Altaria(With Cotton Gaurd)

Tate & Liza
Xatu
Claydol
Gallade
Gardevoir
Solrock
Lunatone

Juan
Drizzle Politoed
Gorebyss
Huntail
Whiscash
Kingdra

Elite 4:
Sydney:
Mightyena
Crawdaunt
Shiftry
Zoroark
Absol

Phoebe:
Banette
Sableye with Mischievous Heart and lots of rage-inducing moves
Spiritomb
Dusclops with Pre-Evolution Stone
Dusknoir

Glacia:
Abomasnow(For Hail)
Glalie
Froslass
Glaceon
Walrein(Stallrein)

Drake:
Altaria
Crimgan
Kingra
Flygon
Salamence

Champion Wallace:
Lanturn
Tentacruel
Wailord
Gyarados
Ludicolo
Milotoc

Others:
Steven Stone:
Armaldo
Cradily
Kirikizan
Aggron(NOT a Special Attacking one like in RSE!)
Doryuzu
Metagross

Rival Brendan/May:
Medicham
Camerupt
Swellow
Zangoose(R) or Seviper(S)
Shiftry(R) or Ludicolo(S)
Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert

Rival Wally:
Exploud
Starmie
Shedinja
Flygon
Roserade
Gardevoir

Gabby and Ty:
Crobat
Swalot
Exploud
Magnezone

I would like a better rival. thats all.

Some other Teams I left out:

Magma Admin Courtney:
Claydol
Sandslash

Magma Admin Tabitha:
Mightyena
Crobat
Camerupt

Aqua Admin Matt:
Golduck
Wailord

Aqua Admin Shelly:
Pelipper
Gyarados
Sharpedo

Magma Leader Maxie:
Mightyena
Sandslash
Crobat
Claydol
Whiscash
Camerupt

Aqua Leader Archie:
Golduck
Chatot
Wailord
Gyarados
Whiscash
Sharpedo

NOTE: Both Maxie and Archie use a Whiscash because its a Water/Ground type, a clever allusion to the balance of Nature, though obviously, those two are completely ignorant about that.

Time and seasons are now imperative, and they also need to make it possible to obtain more pokemon in the region (like HGSS - but these games missed out too many to start with) - maybe they can exploit seasons for this feature!!

Time and seasons are now imperative, and they also need to make it possible to obtain more pokemon in the region (like HGSS - but these games missed out too many to start with) - maybe they can exploit seasons for this feature!!
Definitely, especially for migrating Pokemon. I don't see it affecting many land-locked Pokemon though

Definitely, especially for migrating Pokemon. I don't see it affecting many land-locked Pokemon though

The worst thing about the originals was the number of Gen I and II pokemon that were just left out completely, only one sudowoodo between all the Gen III games. This is what they'd need to sort out if they were remade.

Yeah and if they do it properly they might be able to do away with that whole those lame-ass excuses to capture foreign pokemon like "Sinnoh sound" and such.

What would the names of the remakes be called? LavaRuby and OceanSapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom