• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

I think FRLG despite being remakes, outsold RS (original games)

Not quite. FRLG were the second-highest selling GBA games, ahead of Emerald and behind Ruby and Sapphire.

Thanks for the correction! ^_^ (that's why I said "I think"). Anyways my my point from that post still stands, isn't it?

Simply remaking the games won't be enough for RSE because just didn't have the positive reception and don't have the nostalgia that RBY and GSC had.

R/S have nostalgia for the new generation of kids who played it as their first Pokemon game.

I love how people act like no new kids first got into Pokemon during R/S.

Which reminds me... next month Pokémon will be 15 years old!!
Me too!!!

But I hope it's a sequel, or at least has a bigger post-game. That was one of the only bad things about Ruby/Saphire.

R/S have nostalgia for the new generation of kids who played it as their first Pokemon game.

I love how people act like no new kids first got into Pokemon during R/S.

OH MY GOD, YES.
I had been playing Pokémon since the RGBY days, but it was in Gen III that I fully learned to grasp the mechanics, and was really the first time a Pokémon game carried any emotional weight with me. It's not that I don't feel nostalgia with the first two generations, it's just that there's so much more with RSE.

By the way, GameFreak had better not eff up the music. If they do what they did with HgSS, and a) avoid DPPt's grating synthiness, as well as b) throw in a method of listening to the music in its original format, all shall be good.

They could expand some areas like they did with the johto remakes. If they do they could include some gen 4 or 5 legendaries and pokemon. The pokemon following you thing was cool and I hope that returns. Enhanced rematches with the elite four and a place to rebattle gym leaders (battle zone and saffron dojo) with new pokemon would also be cool. Fixing up May/Brendan so they complete their teams for battling you like a true rival would be icing on the cake.

Personally, I'd like a remake.

I don't mind the lack of a "time system," however if they were going to implement a wider variety of pokemon, it'd probably be a plus. Higher rates at different times and all.

I think the variety should be spread out more. Ruby and Sapphire added a lot of pokemon, yet Zigzagoon can be encountered on almost every route. Perhaps a more balanced spread would be nice.

I enjoyed the "friendly rivalry" that was in this game, but the newest games have played it to death (I want to kick Barry in his stupid energetic face.) So, a less friendly Wally or May/Brenden wouldn't hear any objections to me.

I really like this map's layout, but if there's this much water, the pokemon that you could only get by fishing should rise to the surface. (Instead of just Tentacool, Wailer, Sharpedo, Luvdisc, and even Relicanth should be encounterable.)

Regigigas is a fraud.

I really liked the two bike system in this game. Perhaps more areas should require these bikes, expand on the premise.

The Safari zone would need an overhaul. I really didn't like this one.

Overall, this is one of my favorite maps, games, and storylines. I'd love to see a remake made.

EDIT: And pokemon following you would be sweet~ n____n

For the names, I came up with Secret Ruby and Hidden Sapphire (I was going to make it secret sapphire but then when you say SS they might confuse it with soul silver)
So SR/HS

As others have said, add in time, a day/night cycle and a seasonal cycle. Of course, there may be some problems trying to fit in a lot of the newer features from after generation 3 games. Like the addition of a Pal Park. Would they need to make a new area just for it? I also think they should include the original Battle frontier, since at the time I am posting this, they haven't confirmed any information on a Unova Battle Frontier. As far as the story goes, I am wondering, will it take place at the same time as the Unova games, or the Kanto games? How would the Teams operate if this were true? I also had an idea about if the RSE remakes were real, would Brendan and May still be the same? Would Juan be a gym leader, and what about Steven and Wallace? I also had an idea about Wally becoming Champion or at least a Gym Leader. But these were only fan boy ideas.

I also had an idea about Wally becoming Champion or at least a Gym Leader. But these were only fan boy ideas.

Wally replacing Norman would make sense, and allow for a fluid story without the previous characters (Brenden and May.)

A remake of Ruby and Sapphire would be cool, but in a way, I'm negative about the idea. Unless some new ideas came out of the works, I think the gameplay would feel pretty much like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/SS/HG.

I remember when Sapphire and Ruby first came out - at the time I was still totally in love with my Crystal version (ah, to play a girl for the first time!) But R & S introduced full colored graphics, beautiful pixel art, double battles, contests, and many other, at the time, mind blowing features. But then with Diamond and Pearl, nothing seemed 'fresh' to me, other than the fact that there were dozens of new pokemon, which I didn't really even like. The new features that were included in the game didn't impress me much (now we have to make our pokemon dance in pokemon contests? Good grief)

Well anyways, if a remake of Sapphire and Ruby DOES come out of the works, I hope there's some fresh new features in the game that will make it worth buying.

If R/S/E remakes are evident, I want Oldale, Fallarbor, and Pacificlog Town to be more important. I mean Fallarbor only has Prof. Cosmo's house, the Move Tutor (both of which could be been placed randomly on the surrounding routes like Lanette's,) and a Contest Hall/Battle Tent.

OMGSH....

I can totally see Sootopolis City being rendered in the same way that Castelia City was rendered. The camera can rotate by being in the center. And the player traverses around town... It'd be an amazing view if Game Freak can accomplish that. :O

In a way I wouldn't want a remake because other than the addition of three dimensional graphics, a couple changes in plot and altered trainer lineup, it would be exactly the same.

I really want some gyms that don't focus on types. They started that with B/W with the first gym focusing more on the triple battle aspect than the types.

A gym that uses stall strategies? All out attackers? Baton passers? It would at least make the gyms more challenging. Types make it too easy to sweep all of the gym leaders teams.

I guess this isn't probably gonna happen with R/S/E remakes but a guy can dream right?

I really want some gyms that don't focus on types. They started that with B/W with the first gym focusing more on the triple battle aspect than the types.

A gym that uses stall strategies? All out attackers? Baton passers? It would at least make the gyms more challenging. Types make it too easy to sweep all of the gym leaders teams.

I guess this isn't probably gonna happen with R/S/E remakes but a guy can dream right?

That would be pushing the reMAKE factor a bit much. I don't think it's likely. Maybe gen. 6...

I really do hope they make remakes of the hoenn region. That's where I started out with my buddy swampert. Btw, new to the forums.

I just want to see Hoenn with the graphics that the DS has to offer (3D)

Oyus. That would be epical. Hoenn is the most awesome region evar, so I'd like to see what they'd do with it if they made it for the 3DS. I'd be expecting an epic Rayquaza tower, amirite?

It would be awesome if they make a new rival or give Wally an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom