• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

I think LandRuby and SeaSapphire sound nice and simple. Also, I think that Wally should have a more prominent role, becuase as much as I liked him, he kind of came out of nowhere at the end of Victory Road.

a remake would be great but then again it would look like they have run out of ideas because they have remade johto and kanto in one fell swoop that saves just remaking kanto like they did for the GBA. but i would like this none the less

Updated with a new rule.

Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *NEW RULE*

The smaller towns do need a re-vamp. They should either have a story element or unique shop/building that would make them rise above the "blandness" they had before.

Also, this thread has inspired me to put together my interpretation of what the cover art should look like:

If you have sharp eyes you can see two parts of the Hoenn map in the background.

You know what they could do? Instead of having Greay in the Unova region because of all the problems of combining the two games Black and White due to plot issues. They could have the third game a sequel to Emerald.

I know that it's an outrageous idea because of the previous Generations, but just give it some thought.

I honestly don't think there should be any RSE remakes, unless they bring in some AMAZING new features... An updated region wouldn't convince me enough to buy the game.

Innitially I wasn't sure if there would be R&S remakes, as the originals are already quite advanced and didn't seem like they were ready for an updgrade for the sole purpose of rendering Hoenn in 3D. But seeing how new and updated Black and White look, I think it's quite possible remakes could be released.

It might be good if the storyline is different, perhaps set after the events of the originals. Hoenn could be experiencing the aftermath of a battle between Team Magma and Team Aqua, and the player has to find Groudon/Kyogre, who disappeared nine years ago (the time of the original Ruby and Sapphire). The Gym Leaders could also be battled in a different order; if defeating Roxanne granted the ability to use Rock Smash instead of Cut (which would make more sense if you think about it), this would allow the player to get through Rusturf Tunnel earlier and Wattson could be the second Gym Leader. And if Mr Briney were absent or located elsewhere, then Surf would be needed to reach Dewford Town and face Brawly. There are a lot of oppportunities for a really deep and epic plot in the Hoenn region, and I'd like to see the (possible) remakes take this a step further.

Last edited:

I'd like to see some remakes personally. I really can't say what I'd like to see in them though other than updated graphics akin to Black and White, mainly because it's all been said already.

I would want them to keep the Emerald battle fronteir, that was awesome.

Oh my God, You are so right! The most disappointing thing about the new Battle Frontiers is they don't have the Battle Dome. I love the Battle Dome!

It might be good if the storyline is different, perhaps set after the events of the originals. Hoenn could be experiencing the aftermath of a battle between Team Magma and Team Aqua, and the player has to find Groudon/Kyogre, who disappeared nine years ago (the time of the original Ruby and Sapphire). The Gym Leaders could also be battled in a different order; if defeating Roxanne granted the ability to use Rock Smash instead of Cut (which would make more sense if you think about it), this would allow the player to get through Rusturf Tunnel earlier and Wattson could be the second Gym Leader. And if Mr Briney were absent or located elsewhere, then Surf would be needed to reach Dewford Town and face Brawly. There are a lot of oppportunities for a really deep and epic plot in the Hoenn region, and I'd like to see the (possible) remakes take this a step further.

I think this guy is on to something. This could be a good idea, especially about the gym leaders. I always found it annoying to battle Brawly when there are only 2 pokemon that can help: Taillow and Sableye. You could add Dewford Town later, like Cinnabar Island. Even better, Granite Cave could now have Regigigas in, since I know a lot of people are annoyed he wasnt in the originals.

Carrying on from your idea though, it would be good to get the fossils earlier in the game so they could possibly be used in your team rather than adding a level 5 Anorith with your level 40s.

That is all.

All that you just said and the idea of having Wally now Gym Leader and the orginal players dad league Champion. Also, then maybe Brendan or May would be a Hoenn equivalent to Red? But then Steven and Wallace would need new things too. Lol, just a quick idea, Steven the leader of Magma and Wallace of Aqua...

All that you just said and the idea of having Wally now Gym Leader and the orginal players dad league Champion. Also, then maybe Brendan or May would be a Hoenn equivalent to Red? But then Steven and Wallace would need new things too. Lol, just a quick idea, Steven the leader of Magma and Wallace of Aqua...

I really like your Gym Leader and Champion ideas! And if the remakes are set nine years later, Brendan and May would be young adults (could they be faced in a double battle?!), and there would be different player characters to choose from.

It would also be nice if Triple Battles were added, though I'd like the original Contests to remain (though perhaps made a bit more "epic" in some way, more like the anime contests). And as the third versions don't seem to get remakes, the Battle Frontier seems like a good idea. And they should make it so that you can actually gain experience points in the BF for a change!

I'd hope for more trainers. I'm re-playing my sappire and trying to go up against tate and liza with level 35-ish pokemon. More trainers, vs. seeker, or make it so that when you call someone on match call they must re-battle you.

In Emerald, there were a lot more trainers thanks to the multibattles. I agree RS didn't have a whole lot of trainers but since Emerald rectified that, any remakes will use Emerald's trainers.

You know what I'd want

Drought and Drizzle actually having an effect on Hoenn (y'know like out of Aventures) Instead of no mentioning anywhere

Like Water drying on some areas or water overflowing that could give you access to new areas

And if you missed out? Just get Groudon or Kyogre on your team to use their abilities and recreate the effect!

In Emerald, its implied that their power was slowly spreading throughout Hoenn, when you got to Spear Pillar, the weather effects hadn't caught up with you yet.

It's like in DPPt, there was a distortion in time and space, but it was spreading from Mt. Coronet's peak, not everything was affected at once.

What bothered me was that in Emerald, after Groudon was released, there was no Drought. There should be a Drought.

What I want is that in the Ruby Remake, Kyogre is awakened earlier and it starts raining heavily in some places. Like some places getting shallow water instead of land.

Conversely, in the Sapphire remake, Groudon is released earlier and the drought dries up some of the coastal areas.

When the other is released, things go back to normal. The weather goes freaky and rain and sun at the same time.

What bothered me was that in Emerald, after Groudon was released, there was no Drought. There should be a Drought.

What I want is that in the Ruby Remake, Kyogre is awakened earlier and it starts raining heavily in some places. Like some places getting shallow water instead of land.

Conversely, in the Sapphire remake, Groudon is released earlier and the drought dries up some of the coastal areas.

When the other is released, things go back to normal. The weather goes freaky and rain and sun at the same time.

I like that idea. Just one thing. Do you mean kyogre on the ruby remake and groudon on the sappire remake? I would rather catch kyogre on sappire remake and groudon on a ruby remake.

Vs. Seeker was definitely better than match call/registering trainers in PokeGear or whatever. Both had their benefits, since registering trainers made it slightly easier to know what their team was, so you could plan ahead. But Vs. Seeker just lets you get everyone to level 50 before you're even at the fourth gym.

And I would rather the legendaries not be Version Exclusive. It's my personal preference, but if it's going to retain Emerald qualities, then we should be able to obtain the Weather Trio in full.

Oh and I don't want to go off topic, but I wish they had remade Yellow... that would've been awesome. Though if they made a Ruby/Sapphire remake I'd like to be able to get all the Hoenn Starters, like Yellow did. You pick one and pick up the other two later. Like say you take torchic as your starter, then in the Petalburg Woods someone says a treecko is keeping people from getting through. So you go and battle it and catch it. Mudkip situation I don't know. Or torchic if you chose a different starter either. Idk that's my thought.

I like that idea. Just one thing. Do you mean kyogre on the ruby remake and groudon on the sappire remake? I would rather catch kyogre on sappire remake and groudon on a ruby remake.

I meant that in the ruby remake, Kyogre is awakened earlier and the other way round in the sapphire remake. After a while the other is awakaned as well. They engage in battle. Actual battle. Not staring at each other and tackling. Then you have to go to Sky Pillar and awaken Rayquaza. It flies to Sootopolis and calms down the fighting titans. The one which was awakened later in the game (Groudon in R and Kyogre in S) lingers behind for whatever reason. You battle it and/or catch it.

After the National Dex, the other one appears in either the Terra Cave or Marine Cave like in Emerald.

About the PokeNav, I think someone suggested that it should become some sort of a social network. I think it was Outrage who suggested that. I could be wrong. But I like the idea a lot. Maybe you could get updates that differ atleast a little bit everynow and then. Maybe you can view the team the trainer used last time you battled them. This way, you could remember what you are about to face but just at higher levels and sometimes evolved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom