• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

That's possible. And SS Tidal could have a bigger role, other than transporting you between Slateport and Lilycove.

The island of Shikoku is possible. It'd be like the island northeast of Sinnoh.

Except half of Shikoku is taken by the Johto Safari Zone.

Eh, I keep thinking TerraRuby and SeaSapphire as the names of each version.

Anyways, what I want is nothing really big at all, but possibly Emerald's Battle Frontier and the ability to mix records by WiFi randomly and have the other trainer's secret base appear and function just like in Emerald with how you can battle others this way. Possibly the plot could be redone for the end to match B/W's plot in which you face the other version mascot with your own version legendary. We never really did get that epic Groudon and Kyogre fight in terms of actual gameplay unless it's a battle with a friend.

something i reckon would be interesting is if they kept the secret bases, and you could place trainers in your base that used some of your pokemon, but they wouldnt be the ones you use, like if you were a gym leader, i think this would be really interesting

Hoenn was really pretty in terms of appearance...they better not bland it up in the possible remake.

Hoenn was really pretty in terms of appearance...they better not bland it up in the possible remake.

Well, one good thing I'll say about HGSS is that a lot of the cities were improved, aesthetically. I'm one of those that likes the 3D engine the 4th and 5th Generations used.

I think Hoenn would look pretty awesome, especially on the 3DS... and especially areas like Sootopolis, Fortree and Mt. Chimney.

I think Hoenn would look pretty awesome, especially on the 3DS... and especially areas like Sootopolis, Fortree and Mt. Chimney.

Don't forget about the Underwater areas. Coral reefs and oceanic trenches would look awesome on the 3DS.

Gummy Spider said:
For some reason, I can imagine Game Freak creating another chain of islands next to Hoenn for the post-game section.

Like the Sevii Islands, but maybe there'll be surf routes in between major points. I don't know. I just want Hoenn to have a good post-game adventure. Not as much as Johto, but not as little as Hoenn's.

With the correct tickets the SS Tidal could transport us to Navel Rock and Birth Island. Both of them are a part of the Sevii Islands. Perhaps in the RS remakes we could visit the entire Sevii Islands region. After all, both Hoenn and the Sevii Islands are Gen3 specific regions.

Put a VS. SEEKER in! Usually on sappire my pokemon are pretty low-leveled. A vs. seeker would be easier than match call because YOU could chose when you re-battle and who you re-battle. That way you could level up faster.

By the way, I think no one has mentioned this, but I'd like the old experience system to come back. It's a bit jarring to level up in BW with your Pokémon earning less exp. as your level increases.

Isn't it that they level up less against weaker pokemon? I'd think that's more realistic.

Isn't it that they level up less against weaker pokemon? I'd think that's more realistic.
Yeah, but that's practically simulated with the fact that the amount of experience needed increases as you level up.

The Hoenn region always needs to be done in 3D. The whole region is about these huge landscapes, and that can't be done with old 2D graphics.

Is it?? I'm aware that yes, the stronger you get, the further your needs to get stronger, but isn't that field already covered with the EXP. needed to the next level increasing with each new level gained? In that case, since they're aumenting your needs twice, I feel it not necesarily more realistic, but rather a bit redundant.

Plus, it's a bit jarring, and no, more levelgrinding is not real difficulty.

EDIT: Outrage ninja'd me.

If you want the experience system to change, then you're in the wrong generation. It has nothing to do with remakes and everything to do with generational shifts.

Gliscor'd said:
The Hoenn region always needs to be done in 3D. The whole region is about these huge landscapes, and that can't be done with old 2D graphics.
Except it was done with 2D graphics and very few people complained (at least about that department).

ForeverRuby and EternalSapphire...or was it EternalRuby and ForeverSapphire? Either way, someone suggested those names a while back, and they sound gorgeous. D8 RSEmakes better have those names...

Give the main characters good outfits. I prefer Brendan's Emerald outfit (to the point that I pretend it's a different character!), and I utterly despise May's Emerald outfit. It's hideous, dear god, what were they thinking other than "make sure she shows more skin than the male hero!"?! D8

VS Seeker for serious, too! I never liked that RSE followed the archaic system of calling for rematches (at least E did), which sucks for training Pokemon. I don't want to run back to the E4 when I want to train. D8

If there is no Emerald remake, then at least have ForeverRuby take from Emerald. Have Magma awaken Groudon in the volcano, instead of in the sea! Groudon will not be Kyogre's prisoner!

Hmm...can't think of anything else. I still look forward to RSEmakes, and sincerely hope we see at least one of the things from up there on my list. And others lists. Or something. OTL

Having grown up with Hoenn, all I'd really love to see would be it remastered in every way so it could be new again (and be given a second chance); maybe a better storyline. Oh, and of course some features more recently introduced, but thats an obvious. ;)

I think a remake would be better off being a sequel. Having it take place at the same time would raise too many timeline questions and possibly take away from the oppertunity to rediscover Hoenn. If it were the same I doubt many that have the origanals would buy the new ones.

I think a remake would be better off being a sequel. Having it take place at the same time would raise too many timeline questions and possibly take away from the oppertunity to rediscover Hoenn. If it were the same I doubt many that have the origanals would buy the new ones.

I disagree because:

1. Why would it bring timeline questions? Remakes doesn't have to be contemporaneous with other games from their generations. It has been done, but there's no logical argument proving that that is a rule. So a remake could be done and keep its original place in the timeline.... Not to mention that it has never been really clarified when RS take place for a start.

2. Many, many people who bought the original GSC also bought HGSS. Not only that, most of us fangasmed when they were announced, and I think FRLG despite being remakes, outsold RS (original games), not too mention that for many new fans it would still be fresh, so I'm sure people would buy it (whether they are buyers of the originals or not. Game Freak and Nintendo don't care WHO buys their games as long as they sell).

Not that I support a remake, just proving that you're arguments don't apply very well here.

I'd like it to be a sequel with a fresh story, new characters but lost of past characters making appearances. An upgraded pokewalker would be nice, as well as an option to have a Pokemon follow you. Some sort of mini game should be incorporated aswell, like the pokeathlon but different. The battle frontier should stay untouched. I think if nintendo want the remakes to be a success they need to fix everything that was wrong with RSE and make it an original and interesting addition. Simply remaking the games won't be enough for RSE because just didn't have the positive reception and don't have the nostalgia that RBY and GSC had.

RSE don't have the nostalgia that RBY and GSC had.

RSE will have it soon, maybe as soon as the 3DS is released: given that this console will replace the whole DS line (instead of being concurrent and all of them compatible with each other like previous DS incarnations), it will render the GBA totally obsolete.

What I mean is that the DSi is not a new handheld, but a redesign of a console that does have in its original model GBA playability, so with the DSi and DS/Lite being the same console, we are still techincally able to play 6th gen games (that is, GBA games) on the current 7th gen handheld (that is, the DS, via the original models). But this will change the day Nintendo stops making games for the DS, forcing people to buy the 3DS, which will have no GBA compatibility thus leaving RSE totally unplayable in current generation handhelds. That's when fans will cry and beg for a Hoenn remake.

Plus, the game is already 8 years old (2002-2010), the same age RGB were when FRLG were released (1996-2004).

Which reminds me... next month Pokémon will be 15 years old!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom