• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Say, should Team Magma and Team Aqua's goals be changed to taking over the world via controling the climate (Groudon would limit the water supplies and Kyogre would allow Archie to make a new water based society)?

I mean, fans bitch about their goals and how they're basically eco-terrorists so I'd thought I'd tell you all my ideas.

Say, should Team Magma and Team Aqua's goals be changed to taking over the world via controling the climate (Groudon would limit the water supplies and Kyogre would allow Archie to make a new water based society)?

I mean, fans bitch about their goals and how they're basically eco-terrorists so I'd thought I'd tell you all my ideas.

I actually prefer the eco-terrorism plot, honestly.

Of course, I did rather enjoy State of Terror, but regardless, I thought that Team Magma and Aqua were simply poorly-executed.

Don't know if these have been mentioned..

RageRuby and SootheSapphire.

They could be different like Black and White.
For example:
RageRuby could have: Gym Leader Wallace, Champion Steven, Juan plays some other role.

SootheSapphire could have: Gym Leader Juan, Champion Wallace, and bonus boss Steven.

Sinnoh starters yes!

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina should be there, like the Super-Ancient 'mons in HG/SS.

Also a Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem event like the Sinjoh Ruins.

If Darkrai wasn't an event legendary, I'd suggest something like
Latios/Latias in HG/SS along with Cresselia. [Too lazy for correct spelling]

Finally, all non-legendaries and starters should be available without Dream World/Poke Transfer.

I actually prefer the eco-terrorism plot, honestly.

Of course, I did rather enjoy State of Terror, but regardless, I thought that Team Magma and Aqua were simply poorly-executed.
Their well-intentioned extremist characterization was much better portrayed by both Cyrus and N. Personally, making it as an attempt to control the world would be better considering how fail their logic was about the world's climate.

Most of this may have already been said, but:

- Possible names could be MagmaRuby/AquaSapphire, DuskRuby/DawnSapphire, DroughtRuby/DrizzleSapphire, or a simple one for the Gen 1 fans, RedRuby and BlueSapphire
- The day & night system should be visible, Sinnoh style (In Ruby/Sapphire Espeon evolved from midnight to noon, and Umbeon from noon to midnight). This wasn't good.

- TM's should serve as they did in B/W, not just one-time use

- The rival (Brendan/May) should evolve his/her starter from the second stage

- Pokemon from Gens 4 & 5 should be available.
- Wally should be battled more. His Kirlia could evolve into either Gardeovoir OR Gallade, depending on certain events (similar to how Blue evolved his Eevee into either Vaporeon, Flareon or Jolteon in Yellow). Additionally, his Magneton should become a Magnezone.

- The Moss Rock to evolve Eevee into Leafeon should be added to Petalburg Woods, whilst the Ice Rock for Glaceon could maybe be added to the basement of Shoal Cave

- Regigigas should be available once the Regis have been caught

- As in Emerald, when I believe you could get a Johto Starter from Birch, you should also be able to recieve a Sinnoh starter from a different character from Sinnoh who could make an appearence, such as Rowan or Cynthia

- Alder or one of the Junipers could make an appearence, giving you an Unova starter, although this is less likely due to them being found in Black or White (or Grey?)

- Other minor characters could have starter Pokemon, so you can get them in the Pokedex more easily. Or possibly even Wally picking the other starter, so if you pick Torchic and May/Brendan chooses Mudkip, Wally will get Treeko

- The 3D overworld will have a huge impact. Mt. Pyre, Mt. Chimney and the Underwater routes with 3D overworld will be truly amazing.

- It will only be R/S remakes, not Emerald. However, Rayquaza should still have a main role in the story, and Kyogre should also appear in the Ruby remake and Groudon in the Sapphire one.

- Wally should have the rival theme, or get his own theme

- Event legends, Jirachi & Deoxys, should be obtainable easier

- As Kyogre and Groudon were available in HeartGold and SoulSilver, Dialga & Palkia could be available. Palkia should be in the Ruby one, as Sapphire already gets Kyogre for a water legendary, and Dialga is blue like Sapphire, while Palkia is sort of red like Ruby

- A legendary trio from other games could be available. Either the beasts (Raikou Suicune Entei) or the lake trio (Uxie Mesprit Azelf).

- The bike should be able to shift from Mach to Acro by pressing B, rather than going to Mauville just to change bikes

- The VS Seeker should DEFINETLY return. I was so annoyed when I discovered it didn't appear in B/W. Back to the old days of challenging the Pokemon League over and over.

- The 8th leader should be Wallace whilst the Champion is Steven. Juan should still make an appearance, perhaps at the Groudon/Kyogre conflict

- The Battle Frontier should appear, prefferably the original Emerald one rather than the Gen 4 version.

- Flash should stay as a TM (remember that they can be used over and over now). Rock Smash could be a HM again, but with increased power slightly to make it a bit more useful in battles, and no goddammit annoying Geodude in the smashable rocks

- Maybe the Cave of origin could be a bit more challenging.

- Groudon and Kyogre will fight each other upon entering Sootpolis, as in Emerald. They might fight like this: :saiyan::bash::saiyan:

- *BLACK AND WHITE SPOILERS HERE* : There should be a proper cutscene, like the Reshiram/Zekrom one from the B/W climax, when you enter Sootopolis to see Groudon and Kyogre fighting. *SPOILERS END HERE* Rayquaza then stops them like before and flies to Sky Pillar. Then, Groudon for the Ruby remake goes to the Cave of Origin somehow, whilst Kyogre does it in the Sapphire one, becoming available for capture. The other legend will go off somewhere else, unavailable for capture.

My fingers are tired now, so I'll stop :ksmile:

Considering it was made a big deal that Unova was far from all other current regions and the fact that in Unova only new Pokemon can be found suggests a possible remake wouldn't have any Unova Pokemon. It would however probably have Sinnoh Pokemon^_^

Maybe the remake should be a little more 3D, I mean with the new 3DS, ANYTHING could happen.

So...... are they really going to make remakes of ruby and sapphire?

^ No one aside from Game Freak/Nintendo knows for sure, so we're just speculating on what could happen (or just what we want xD) if they were to remake them.

Also, for the sake of giving them more of a Gen V feel, I'd say there'd be a few Unova Pokemon, just in a really limited amount. Migrating isn't impossible, after all. (See all of the old gen Pokemon that appear in Unova.) Maybe something similar to the amount of Pokemon available through Sinnoh Sound from HGSS? I can also see Steven mistaking fossils for a stone and then asking which one you want and giving it to you. (Those fossils being the Plume and Cover fossil-- Archen and Tirtouga's.)

I personally enjoyed the water routes, and was disappointed when the only water routes in Unova were ones that were auxiliary.

The water routes would be ok if they were to boost the surfing speed and remix the surfing music into something awesome. I must admit did love the diving and its music. I also think having hidden houses or ships with beds you can sleep in should cure the hatedom's dislike of water routes.

Last edited:

I would like to see Hoenn in full 3d (Ala Colo/XD) as part of a 2nd region (Ala GSC Kanto, but full size), say... in the upcoming Wii game. It would be more interesting than a simple re-do.

There are tons of interesting points that could come up from it, depending on the time passing.

Brendan as "Professor Birch" (His dad may appear somewhere as well). He gives you a Hoenn starter at some point.

The Not!Koshikijima Islands (The unacessable islands by the Battle Frontier) have something on them and can be visited (why they were on the map when they couldn't...)

Watson is retired and Sidney has taken his place, running the first Dark Gym. (OK, more or less random idea)

New Mauville as an actual city.

Wally as a member of the Elite Four (replacing Sidney). His Ralts has evolved into a Gallade instead of a Gardevoir do to being in a game where it exists, and his other things have evolved into their new Generation 4 evolutions as well (He could also have a Flygon ala Special)

Finally: May as champion. Her starter is either determined by the one you pick, or she has all 3.

As for surfing music. I rather liked when, during the flood, there was no "surfing music", just the same theme for land or sea travel.

So, am I the only one who'll like a return for GB(A) sounds? I loved RSE's original soundtrack.

^ If they have that thing like in HG/SS (forgot what it's called, I don't have the games) that plays (remixes of) the GBA music I'll be really pleased, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

GBA Player would be MUCH appreciated. Heck, I lack a lot of nostalgia for GSC since I got it sometime between the English releases of Emerald and DP... yet I still abused the heck out of the GB Player in HGSS.

@deuxhero Why would Sidney become a Gym Leader? In the Pokemon world, thats going from the board of directors to a lowly clerk.

@deuxhero Why would Sidney become a Gym Leader? In the Pokemon world, thats going from the board of directors to a lowly clerk.

Because we need a Dark type gym and Sidney does Dark Types? Because Wally being a member pushes him out (being the lowest ranking member)?

The Not!Koshikijima Islands (The unacessable islands by the Battle Frontier) have something on them and can be visited (why they were on the map when they couldn't...)

This would be pretty awesome. I don't think that they utilized the possibilities with these islands.

Watson is retired and Sidney has taken his place, running the first Dark Gym. (OK, more or less random idea)

I don't think he'd fall all the way down to the 3rd gym if Wally kicked him out. Maybe 7th, but if he's out, he'll probably be the last gym leader.

Finally: May as champion. Her starter is either determined by the one you pick, or she has all 3.

I think they'll reinstate Steven as the champion. May seems too incompetent to become a gym leader, let alone the champion.

So, am I the only one who'll like a return for GB(A) sounds? I loved RSE's original soundtrack.

This. Especially the desert music. That's my ringtone for my cell phone.

I loved the music in Gen3. A GBA Player would be awesome, although I'm sure the remixed music will be also great.

Just listen to this fanmade one which uses B/W's sound-font. It's beyond epic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izossk-hHsY

I don't think he'd fall all the way down to the 3rd gym if Wally kicked him out. Maybe 7th, but if he's out, he'll probably be the last gym leader.

Well, that Gym could be locked until all others are done... Also, here, Wattson could do stuff related to New Mauville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom