• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

I see your point, yes. But if they were using Emerald Plot, it would mean more diversity between the 2 villain teams, it would be much easier to make overall, it makes kinda more sense. The only real key difference between RS and Emerald is the fact we have two different villain teams, and the fact that both legendaries awake. I never liked how one of them apparently just "was" good and other bad.

It doesn't make sense canonwise, and Emerald totally remedied that, so it would be awful to have it broken. The games don't even explain prperly that what happens to the non-villain team.

If we go by what we don't see not happening, I don't see the games happening, as HG/SS gave the trio for us. But, hope is up.

It doesn't make sense canonwise, and Emerald totally remedied that, so it would be awful to have it broken. The games don't even explain properly that what happens to the non-villain team.

It won't be the first time that Game Freak breaks what we consider canon. I would love love love for it to be the Emerald plotline (because then I can catch both Kyogre and Groudon in the remake, and the plotline is much better). But considering that Ruby was Groudon and Magma-centric, and Sapphire was Kyogre and Aqua-centric, and, considering the tradition, they're most likely to remake those, I'd expect them to retain the plotline of each, and hopefully improve it.

I think they'll use the pre-end game storylines of Ruby and Sapphire in the remakes (Though in MagmaRuby, Team Magma's base will be in the volcano). Then, after the Elite Four, the team that has been on your side so far starts making trouble and eventually releases the other legendary.

I think they'll use the pre-end game storylines of Ruby and Sapphire in the remakes (Though in MagmaRuby, Team Magma's base will be in the volcano). Then, after the Elite Four, the team that has been on your side so far starts making trouble and eventually releases the other legendary.
I think that's a good way of reconciling the fact that they're remakes with the fact that the emerald plotline needs to be included in the remakes (i don't think they'll put in the original plotline of emerald though)

Is it possible that they don't make Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but rather one Emerald remake? That would make four game for the 5th generation.

But that probably won't happen because the whole point to the Pokemon franchise is to trade between two games with friends.

I don't know. An interesting idea I think. Emerald did have the best plot of the three, and it made the most sense.

I dont think that they would do just a Emerald remake.A R/S remake is heaps more likley because they have never remade a "remade version" before so I dont think they would do it now.

Is it possible that they don't make Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but rather one Emerald remake? That would make four game for the 5th generation.

But that probably won't happen because the whole point to the Pokemon franchise is to trade between two games with friends.

I don't know. An interesting idea I think. Emerald did have the best plot of the three, and it made the most sense.

Considering that they tried to integrate the better plot of Crystal into HGSS, I see them trying to integrate the plot of Emerald into the remakes. However, with such divergent plots, it'll be difficult for them to work out.

I also don't see them making an Emerald remake instead. There's too much money in the "gotta buy them all" mantra.

The names should be:

Raging Ruby and Stormy Sapphire

But really, how would seasons work in this game? I mean, Hoenn is a tropical island and I don't recall being able to snow in that region (Animé wise). I know Shoal Cave where you get Ice type Spheal and Snorunt was the only 'cold' place. Maybe have everything turn to ice in 'Winter' and gain access to entirely new areas? I don't know.

Just pointing that out.

I hope aesthetic changes between the two games are introduced, the same way they occurred in BW. But with a more magma induced theme in Ruby and a more water themed Sapphire.

The names should be:

Raging Ruby and Stormy Sapphire

But really, how would seasons work in this game? I mean, Hoenn is a tropical island and I don't recall being able to snow in that region (Animé wise). I know Shoal Cave where you get Ice type Spheal and Snorunt was the only 'cold' place. Maybe have everything turn to ice in 'Winter' and gain access to entirely new areas? I don't know.

Just pointing that out.

Since it's a tropical island, there obviously should be only two seasons.

The wet season and the dry season.

I think there shoild be a battle subway and beattle frontier too but instead of having to complet the game to do wi-fi subway you can do it as soon as you get to the subway.

That sounds great! In the dry season, the desert would grow to a HUGE size and maybe reach Mauville City (or whatever city is south of the desert), and during wet season, it becomes a tiny place with trees having taken over where it was.

Hmmm what would I like to see? Well I would like walking pokemon again. I feel as though the third version of B/W may re-introduce that. I always thought it would be interesting if you did more before getting your starter, but I doubt they would introduce that. I'd like some cut scenes! sort of in B/W when Reshiram/Zekrom appear before you face N.

Hmmm what would I like to see? Well I would like walking pokemon again. I feel as though the third version of B/W may re-introduce that. I always thought it would be interesting if you did more before getting your starter, but I doubt they would introduce that. I'd like some cut scenes! sort of in B/W when Reshiram/Zekrom appear before you face N.
Cut scenes will be in for sure like when Maxie/Archie summon Groudon/Kyogre.

Just pointing that out.

Tempest370 points it out -- there'd be a wet and dry season. For example, the areas in which there is rain would always have rain, and that would expand to the areas around them -- Lilycove, Fortree, Mauville, and Route 110 should probably have rain on them. The Desert, of course, would still be dry.

In the dry season there should not be rain. In between, it'd be what it is right now.

It also plays well into the whole Kyogre/Groudon interplay.

I hope aesthetic changes between the two games are introduced, the same way they occurred in BW. But with a more magma induced theme in Ruby and a more water themed Sapphire.

I would hope that a Ruby remake would incorporate more earthen things, while a Sapphire remake would incorporate more water-based things.

I think game exclusive areas should make a return so there could be a frontier and a subway :mallet:

I think they'll put in a battle frontier, just like they did for HGSS and Emerald.

That sounds great! In the dry season, the desert would grow to a HUGE size and maybe reach Mauville City (or whatever city is south of the desert), and during wet season, it becomes a tiny place with trees having taken over where it was.

Um. Climates don't work that way. The boundaries stay the same, but the amount of rainfall changes.

This is Pokemon though, logic is practically non existent in that world.

Mostly...

For a lot of stuff, they're pretty good -- but they're notoriously bad for the laws of conservation of momentum and energy.

Cutscenes are almost a guarantee -- we actually had them in Emerald.
Furthermore, walking pokemon will probably return for a RS remake, but not a third version of BW.

I to see the battle frontier from Emerald because I wanna see Brandon and the other frontier brains return.

I to see the battle frontier from Emerald because I wanna see Brandon and the other frontier brains return.

I hope they do this as well -- I really enjoyed the Emerald Battle Frontier.

Winter could still exist in the Hoenn region, couldn't it?

Despite the Hoenn region being the warmest and most tropical-like region, there could be places for snow to exist. Like Shoal Cave, maybe the water around the area and Mossdeep could freeze a bit? Mountains in the Hoenn region could get snowfalls? There's always the possibility of a new area, like the Safari Zone and extra routes west of Cianwood City in HGSS.

I'm having a hard time visualizing how GameFreak will implement 3d in the Hoenn region, like Castelia City. I was thinking maybe Sootopolis City would get a 3d model. It'd be like a backward version of Castelia if you get what I mean. The Castelia City camera angle points inward towards the center. The Sootopolis camera angle could point outward, so the camera would stay fixed in one spot but changes whatever direction the player is moving. Once the player walks UP or down the stairs (there's many of them, imagine what it would look like :OOO), the camera would go up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom