• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Since everyone is doing hypothetical teams, I might as well do one of May and Brendan's teams for the Lillycove city battle.

Brendan
If you chose Treeko:
Skarmory lv.34 (adds a bit more of a challenge than Swellow)
Shiftry lv.34
Wailmer lv.34
Blaziken lv.36
Manectric lv.35 (counters your bug and flying types)

If you chose Torchic:
Skarmory lv.34
Camerupt lv.34
Shiftry lv.34
Manectric lv.35
Swampert lv.36

If you chose Mudkip:
Skarmory lv.34
Camerupt lv.34
Wailmer lv.34
Manectric lv.35
Sceptile lv.36
Just highler levels, mostly.

May
If you chose Treeko:
Skarmory lv.34
Roserade lv.34 (assuming that Budew and Roserade are gonna be added in)
Wailmer lv.34
Manectric lv.35
Blaziken lv.36

If you chose Torchic:
Skarmory lv.34
Camerupt lv.34
Roserade lv.34
Manectric lv.35
Swampert lv.36

If you chose Mudkip:
Skarmory lv.34
Camerupt lv.34
Wailmer lv.34
Manectric lv.35
Sceptile lv.36

Rematch teams (post elite four)
Brendan
If you chose Treeko:
Skarmory lv.49
Shiftry lv.48
Wailord lv.48
Manectric lv.49
Gallade lv.49
Blaziken lv.50

If you chose Torchic:
Skarmory lv.49
Camerupt lv.48
Shiftry lv.48
Manectric lv.49
Gallade lv.49
Swampert lv.50

If you chose Mudkip:
Skarmory lv.49
Camerupt lv.48
Wailord lv.48
Manectric lv.49
Gallade lv.49
Sceptile lv.50

May
If you chose Treeko:
Skarmory lv.49
Roserade lv.48
Wailord lv.48
Manectric lv.49
Gardevoir lv.49
Blaziken lv.50

If you chose Torchic:
Skarmory lv.49
Camerupt lv.48
Roserade lv.48
Manectric lv.49
Gardevoir lv.49
Swampert lv.50

If you chose Mudkip:
Skarmory lv.49
Camerupt lv.48
Wailmer lv.48
Manectric lv.49
Gardevour lv.49
Sceptile lv.50

Thoughts?

Last edited:

I also hope they add the music gimmicks they had in BW for RSEmakes

Do you mean the music that plays during the different seasons, or the music that plays when you interact with specific characters?

This is extremely minor, but I'd like to see the overworld NPC sprites redesigned so that each Trainer class gets their own individual sprite (I think this was the case in BW). No more having to guess whether a girl is an Ace Trainer or a Parasol Lady!

Also, does anyone think that some of the Dolls in the Exchange Service Corner are seriously overpriced? I mean a couple of them are pretty big, but 256 BP...I dunno, maybe I just suck at the Battle Frontier.

This is extremely minor, but I'd like to see the overworld NPC sprites redesigned so that each Trainer class gets their own individual sprite (I think this was the case in BW). No more having to guess whether a girl is an Ace Trainer or a Parasol Lady!

Also, does anyone think that some of the Dolls in the Exchange Service Corner are seriously overpriced? I mean a couple of them are pretty big, but 256 BP...I dunno, maybe I just suck at the Battle Frontier.

Yes, it though that the dolls where insanely overpriced because the best battle items where only 64BP(I think that they will lower the best items to 48BP like in B/W) and the best move touter moves where also 48BP. Also because BP where harder to earn in Gen III it just made it worse. So I think that they would lower prices for dolls in the remake to something like 70BP for the Kanto fully evolved start dolls and all other dolls lower then that.

Also I think that the overworld sprites would get upgraded just like in HG/SS.

I'd love to see secret bases have more functionality and make some of the accessories easier to get (example: the thing you put over holes in the floor I could NEVER get without my GameShark

i could see R&S remakes like silver and gold: both had emerald and crystal respectivly,and come on the game freak game designers aren't lazy, they'll find a place for the weather trio and a added plot and sub-plots to go along with it... one thing is for sure -DO NOT RUSH THEM!- plenty of my friends still play emerald, it wouldn't be a smart move on there behalf...As for personal want and hopes to the games, thats all they are-hopes and wants,I'll let teh prowfeshinals deel wit dat!

I'd love to see secret bases have more functionality and make some of the accessories easier to get (example: the thing you put over holes in the floor I could NEVER get without my GameShark
They were fairly easy considering the sales were frequent.

I would love to fight May/ Brendan after Lilycove City or maybe after beating the game.

I prefer that the Team Magma and Team Aqua plots are done much better. I was hugely disappointed in the Team Rocket plot in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. The only true extra parts was the grunt in the dance theater and the Giovanni special event (Giovanni is weaker than he was in FRLG) and they don't even provide same level as the FRLG post elite four Team Rocket storyline. Also the Rockets in HGSS were too cartoonish. The Mt Chimney volcano plot in the Ruby remake is that the volcano was about to erupt naturally threatening nearby towns, so Team Aqua tried to save the towns by using their machine to cool down the volcano averting the eruption. However Team Magma attacks (in the Ruby remake Team Magma are Anarchist Extremists). You have to help Team Aqua to defend their Machine from the Magmas. In the Sapphire remake the Magmas are geologists who are trying to find ways to use nature to make more land were conducting an experiment to create a small scaled controlled eruption that would case minimal damage to nearby towns. This experiment was meant to be a test bed to demonstrate a way to artifically erupt a volcano, that would be then done on volcano are surrounded by ocean. However Team Aqua (in the Sapphire remake they are eco-terrorists) attacked damaging the machine and volcano is threatening to become uncontrollable. The player has to help the Magmas to beat off the Aquas and then turn off the Magma's machine before the Volcano could erupt.

Also the Team Magma/Aqua plots continue after the Elite Four. In the Sapphire remake Archie goes insane and starts ordering his followers to exact revenge on the ones who meddled in his plan to awake Kyogre. A similar thing happens to Maxie in the Ruby remake. To stop the Aquas (sapphire)/Magma's (Ruby) the players gets to join their rivals. Yes you can get to join either the Magmas (Sapphire) or the Aquas (Ruby). Then the player gets a series of missions to stop the villainous team from reaking havoc. For example in the Magma remake version Archie sends you to stop the Magma from taking over the Mossdeep Space Center (the Magmas were trying to steal the rocket fuel to so they can make the volcano erupt destroying all nearby settlements). In the Aqua remake Maxie sends you to Route 119 in the Remakes Route 119 is the location of a Hydro Electric Dam to stop the Aquas from blowing up the dam as they are trying to flood the entire river valley that eventually leads to Mauville City

Ugh I'm super tired but since everyone else is posting rosters I might as well...

Roxxane
Nosepass 15
Geodude 12
Geodude 12

Brawly
Makuhita 19
Meditite 19
Machop 16

Wattson
Manectric 24
Magneton 22
Electrike 20
Voltorb 20

Flannery
Torkoal 29
Camerupt 26
Numel 24
Vulpix 24

Norman
Slaking 32
Linoone 30
Kecleon 28
Vigoroth 28

Winona
Altaria 34
Swellow 32
Tropius 30
Skarmory 31

Tate and Liza
Solrock 43
Lunatone 43

Wallace(Aqua Saphire)
Milotic 47
Sealeo 44
Luvdisc 43
Gorbyss 44
Whiscash 44
Gyrados 45

Juan( Magma Ruby)
Kingdra 47
Sealeo 44
Luvdisc 43
Huntail 44
Whiscash 44
Gyrados 45

Elite Four

Sidney
Mightyena 48
Shiftry 48
Cacturne 49
Crawdaunt 49
Absol 50

Phoebe
Dusclops 50
Banette 49
Sabeleye 50
Banette 51
Dusclops 52

Glacia
Walrein 54
Glalie 53
Sealeo 52
Sealeo 52
Castform 51

Drake
Salamence 56
Flygon 54
Kingdra 54
Altaria 55
Shelgon 53

Steven
Metagross 59
Aggron 58
Skarmory 57
Claydol 56
Armaldo 57
Cradily 57

I'll do rematches later..

I think the whole Secret Base system should be overhauled. Now we have the always on C-Gear (and know it works), why not have the PokeNav download the location of a passerby's secret base and put it in your game, but you have to find it. To avoid the game glitching out if your friend's secret base is in the same place as yours (which happened a lot to me in the DPPt underground (which was, may I add, the third best thing about Gen IV after sort-of-3D graphics and Lucario), just moving the entrance a space to the side?

And wow- this has the largest amount of pages I've ever seen on a topic. Probably.

I think the whole Secret Base system should be overhauled. Now we have the always on C-Gear (and know it works), why not have the PokeNav download the location of a passerby's secret base and put it in your game, but you have to find it. To avoid the game glitching out if your friend's secret base is in the same place as yours (which happened a lot to me in the DPPt underground (which was, may I add, the third best thing about Gen IV after sort-of-3D graphics and Lucario), just moving the entrance a space to the side?

And wow- this has the largest amount of pages I've ever seen on a topic. Probably.

Hmm I like that idea that would be pretty interesting I wonder what's going to happen with Regigigas in this game... anyway here's the gym leader and elite four rematch rosters

Roxxane
Probopass 67
Gigalith 65
Golem 65
Rhyperior 65
Tyranitar 65
Carracost 65

Brawly
Hariyama 67
Medicham 65
Poliwrath 65
Scrafty 65
Breloom 65
Machamp 65

Wattson
Manectric 67
Stunfisk 65
Magnezone 65
Ampharos 65
Eelektross 65
Raichu 65

Flannery
Torkoal 67
Camerupt 65
Ninetales 65
Heatmor 65
Magmortar 65
Houndoom 65

Norman
Slaking 67
Bouffalant 65
Porygon Z 65
Snorlax 65
Kecleon 65
Stoutland 65

Winona
Altaria 67
Tropius 65
Skarmory 65
Togekiss 65
Mandibuzz 65
Braviary 65

Tate and Liza
Solrock 67
Lunatone 67
Gallade 65
Gardevoir 65
Gothitelle 65
Reuniclus 65

Wallace
Milotic 67
Alomomola 65
Gorbyss 65
Jellicent(female) 65
Walrein 65
Politoed 65

Juan
Kingdra 67
Alomomola 65
Huntail 65
Empoleon 65
Jellicent(male) 65
Milotic 65
-----

Sidney
Absol 77
Honchkrow 75
Cacturne 75
Zoroark 75
Crawdaunt 75
Scrafty 75

Phoebe
Dusknoir 77
Banette 75
Mismagius 75
Cofagrigus 75
Gengar 75
Sabeleye 75

Glacia
Walrein 77
Glalie 75
Froslass 75
Beartic 75
Glaceon 75
Abomasnow 75

Drake
Salamence 77
Kingdra 75
Altaria 75
Haxorus 75
Flygon 75
Druddigon 75

Steven
Metagross 83
Skarmory 80
Aggron 81
Excadrill/Bisharp 81 (Empoleon in Aqua Saphire and Bisharp in Magma Ruby)
Lucario 80
Empoleon 80

Steven
Metagross 83
Skarmory 80
Aggron 81
Excadrill/Bisharp 81 (Empoleon in Aqua Saphire and Bisharp in Magma Ruby)
Lucario 80
Empoleon 80

Surely Heatran would be a better option?

I hope Norman's team has Zangoose instead of two Slakings.

The only way I can see Steven get a Legendary is if it were an important plot point that he caught it and has it, like with N. That's highly unlikely.

I hope Norman's team has Zangoose instead of two Slakings.

I went by his emerald team and gave him the Linoone instead of the second Slaking but... a Zangoose would be pretty cool too. I hope Bagon is available a lot earlier this time around it wasn't fun going into the Elite 4 with a Shelgon... at level 48 that wouldn't stop dying. Anyway if we get the Lucky Egg and the VS Seeker in this game oh that would be wonderful...

He will not get a legendary pokemon.

The only way I can see Steven get a Legendary is if it were an important plot point that he caught it and has it, like with N. That's highly unlikely.

Meh, it would make more sense to have it than Bisharp.

I think Zangoose and Slaking at the same time might be a bit too much. How about just Slakoth or Linoone, Vigoroth, Slaking

Now for the $24 million question: Will N be in Hoenn? If so, which Legendary?
I'd guess Reshiram in Ruby, Zekrom in Sapphire (And no, you can't have them).

I don't see how Zangoose and Slaking at the same time might be a bit too much... Slaking has legendary stats but it has that ability for a reason and it really puts it at a disadvantage. Zangoose isn't too difficult either I'm sure if you have a Breloom/Combusken/Hariyama or a Machoke at that point you can get rid of those easily.

I think Zangoose and Slaking at the same time might be a bit too much. How about just Slakoth or Linoone, Vigoroth, Slaking

Don't forget Spinda!

Now for the $24 million question: Will N be in Hoenn? If so, which Legendary?

No. Well he shouldn't. Then again Steven did appear in Heartgold and Soulsilver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom