• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

And one thing I want.. for the contests to be scattered lilike they were in the original I hated when they put it all together... it was more fun

The original R/S contests were lovely. It felt like a real journey, because you had to travel from town to town to participate in a contest.

I just came up with the idea that they could make a portable version of Box Ruby & Sapphire. We could possibly get DW Pokémon from it as rewards.

I didn't care for the Contests, but it was nice to have all of them in seperate areas. Made them feel kind of like gyms.

I hope they make contests a more viral part of the story. Where you need ribbons to get certain TM's or something.

Re: Next free item to go with Hoenn remakes?

Let's say for a minute that GameFreak is going to develop a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. With every remake of an older game, they throw in a little gimmick. In FireRed and LeafGreen's case, a Wireless Adapter:

wirelessadapter.jpg

Which allowed people to trade and battle between eachother wirelessly.

Now HeartGold and SoulSilver gave us the PokeWalker:

wwZ-bVaI29En9Z7EOkCNO4DG-DINcgb5.jpg

Which made us able to take our Pokemon to a walk making them gain experience for every watt, battle and catch other Pokemon.

Now the question is:

What do you think the next item to go with the remakes will be? An upgraded version of the PokeWalker to include Gen 5 Pokemon? What do you think?

My guess is if they're built for 3DS, they'll come with AR Cards that'll let you have Pokémon battles in real life.

Re: Next free item to go with Hoenn remakes?

If they do make a R/S remake they sould enclude the Battle frontier this time.Without those, there's no fun in it(trust me,I have ruby,and it'll bore you to death as soon as you catch all the legendaries).

I want to know if galade, dusknoir, frosslass, ect. will be obtainable before or after the eliete four.

A powewalker would be sort of redundant if the games are on the 3DS seeing as it has a built in pedometer

A powewalker would be sort of redundant if the games are on the 3DS seeing as it has a built in pedometer
Maybe they'll find a way to use that a feature for the remakes. As sort if a built in Pokewalker.

Maybe the tie-in would be some sort of app that connects to the Dream World or something? Something you could download for free if you had the game cartridge in your system at the time. Or maybe it would automatically add the app when you played the game for the first time. Or something. I really don't have any good ideas at this point...

Maybe the tie-in would be some sort of app that connects to the Dream World or something? Something you could download for free if you had the game cartridge in your system at the time. Or maybe it would automatically add the app when you played the game for the first time. Or something. I really don't have any good ideas at this point...

Most likely, they'd come with a redemption code (like with WiiSpeak) that downloads an application that connects to the Dream World.

The fact that the 3DS's web browser can't do Dream World is one of the missed opportunities. All because it can't do Flash.

If they wanted to emulate the PokéWalker, they could do it similarly, though in that case the game could just install the software on the 3DS.

The Wii game Mario Kart Wii came with an app on-disc which you could install to the system menu in a similar way, so with the 3DS having a similar menu it'd probably be possible for them to do it straight from the cart.

Probably not, Togekiss wasn't available in HG/SS.

Would you like to clarify that statement, because I don't think what he said and what you said are related. But I may just be very tired or something.

Would you like to clarify that statement, because I don't think what he said and what you said are related. But I may just be very tired or something.

Oops, quoted wrong person, awkward..
I want to know if galade, dusknoir, frosslass, ect. will be obtainable before or after the eliete four.

Probably not until after, Togekiss wasn't available in HG/SS until post E4.

Probably not, Togekiss wasn't available in HG/SS.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be available. FRLG stuck close to the original Pokédex, even stopping evolutions automatically, while HGSS added some IV Pokémon to the regional Pokédex, fixing the problem that fans have complained about.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be available. FRLG stuck close to the original Pokédex, even stopping evolutions automatically, while HGSS added some IV Pokémon to the regional Pokédex, fixing the problem that fans have complained about.
But Game Freak didn't do anything special to make that happen; they simply didn't prevent Tangela, Lickitung, Yanma, Aipom and Piloswine from evolving when they normally would. They didn't have to make any special evolutions available in Johto (which is why the other 17 pre-evolutions and evolutions were not added to the Johto Pokédex), nor did they add those five evoltions to the Johto trainers' rosters (Pryce could have greatly benefitted from Mamoswine).

Dusknoir, Roserade, Probopass, Gallade and Froslass require special means to evolve, so their addition to the Hoenn Pokédex would require an active change on Game Freak's part. But frankly, I find it silly that anyone cares either way. There are many Generation III species that have been begging to evolve since their debut and yet still cannot, so the measly five evolutions that were introduced in Generation IV (only Roserade and Probopass were really necessary) are a ridiculously minor point in comparison.

Last edited:

The most likely pokemon to be added to the RSE pokedex are Magnezone and Probopass. If they want to add the ones who evolve by stones they can throw the stones into some random caves or in hidden areas.

Yeah i think they will be, just like Honchkrow was available in the game before elite 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom