• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

FR/LG are remakes already - what's the point in remaking them right now? Granted, they will eventually probably need a remake later on to catch up with the rest (as in, the consoles they're on), but I can't see that happening for a while.

I can see a Kanto remake before FRLG.

Why would they remake a remake? What would be the point of a remake if they were to remake it again?

That's what i've been saying. There's no point to ever make FrLg again, unless its to make them playable on the new console and i'd see that happening as more of an anniversary type deal to be honest. The next time we see Kanto it should be a sequel to FrLg.

The same holds true for Johto, and Hoenn as well after these remakes are out of the way.

And I personally miss Aqua and Magma. I really would like to see those goofy environmentalists again. Same with the original Gym Leaders. I'm not against sequels, but as time goes on I'm looking more and more forward to seeing those old games done up in new graphics. *nostalgia*

Speaking of Team Aqua... Am I the only one who sort of liked Archie...? Anyone else...?:sweatlol:

Speaking of Team Aqua... Am I the only one who sort of liked Archie...? Anyone else...?:sweatlol:

Heck no, I love the guy! :D

I'm just hoping the RSE remakes gets released before Gray(If there's even going to be a Gray). It'd make the generation a little more variable, instead of releasing the third game right after B/W. Not sure about you guys, but I'd prefer a little break from Unova right about now, and play in Hoenn ^-^

all of you that say that fr/lg can't be reamde are you saying they have go to a game store other than gamestop and buy it instead of eeing it 2 generations later on 3ds plus most of NIWA forums (back when it was still breathing) say there will be an FR/LG remake. END. OF. DISCUSSION.

all of you that say that fr/lg can't be reamde are you saying they have go to a game store other than gamestop and buy it instead of eeing it 2 generations later on 3ds plus most of NIWA forums (back when it was still breathing) say there will be an FR/LG remake. END. OF. DISCUSSION.
Reason why this post means nothing. There will not be an FRLG remake. You cannot remake remakes. Our best chance of a Kanto remake is Blue or Yellow or a completely new game that takes place in a different time line.

plus most of NIWA forums (back when it was still breathing) say there will be an FR/LG remake. END. OF. DISCUSSION.
What fans say in a forum means nothing. Including here. But here we're speculating on what we think will be in or what we want to be in RS remakes, not whether they will or won't happen. And we're certainly not supposed to be discussing FRLG remakes.

I would personally like to see a few other characters in other generations to appear. IE Cynthia was a major Pokemon trainer in B/W that you could battle. The one I want to see is Cyrus, he was probably my favorite characters in the D/P series.

Reason why this post means nothing. There will not be an FRLG remake. You cannot remake remakes. Our best chance of a Kanto remake is Blue or Yellow or a completely new game that takes place in a different time line.

Technically, GF can remake a remake, but it wouldn't be a popular move. I would love to see them revisit Kanto in a sequel though, but they would need to add a lot to the region for it to be impressive

yes you can remake a remake look at chrono trigger ds it remade the ps1 remake of the snes game so ha!!!!!!!

I was thinking maybe you could surf to an area with a shipyard and the port could have boats to all the older regions maybe with the exception of Unova. I'm sure the system could handle something like this. Hoenn and Gen III was always my favorite even though, I was greatly dissapointed that you couldn't go back to johto or kanto in RSE.

Heck no, I love the guy! :D

I'm just hoping the RSE remakes gets released before Gray(If there's even going to be a Gray). It'd make the generation a little more variable, instead of releasing the third game right after B/W. Not sure about you guys, but I'd prefer a little break from Unova right about now, and play in Hoenn ^-^

Oh, yay! I'm glad Archie has another fan. :)
I'm always up for playing in Hoenn.

yes you can remake a remake look at chrono trigger ds it remade the ps1 remake of the snes game so ha!!!!!!!
That proves nothing about FRLG besides remaking a remake. The only way they can bring Kanto back is a completely new game with new areas etc. But I would like if the game took place before HGSS and after FRLG so we can see why the volcano erupted and stuff like that.

Totally agree with that. A break from Unova in the form of remakes of awesome games.

As well as Archie and Maxie being awesome. Their teams in general were great, but I'm hope GameFreak diversifies their Pokemon rosters a bit.

Like, give Shelly a Gorebyss, Matt a Huntail and Archie a Lanturn and Relicanth. There were quite a few Hoenn Pokemon that I would have liked to have more prominent roles, rather than seeing the same Kanto Pokemon on so many NPCs teams, which was already the case all through GSC. I think all the extra trainer battles that Emerald included all over the region should remain in the remakes, with their teams changed up to give Hoenn and perhaps a few Johto Pokemon more attention (something I quite liked about Platinum, with nearly all the non-Legendary Pokemon being used on at least one NPC's team). And all those Koffings on Ninja Boys' teams for example, should use Gulpins/Swalots more than Koffings in the remakes. Koffing and Weezing got plenty of limelight in RBYGSC.

Totally agree with that. A break from Unova in the form of remakes of awesome games.

As well as Archie and Maxie being awesome. Their teams in general were great, but I'm hope GameFreak diversifies their Pokemon rosters a bit.

Like, give Shelly a Gorebyss, Matt a Huntail and Archie a Lanturn and Relicanth. There were quite a few Hoenn Pokemon that I would have liked to have more prominent roles, rather than seeing the same Kanto Pokemon on so many NPCs teams, which was already the case all through GSC. I think all the extra trainer battles that Emerald included all over the region should remain in the remakes, with their teams changed up to give Hoenn and perhaps a few Johto Pokemon more attention (something I quite liked about Platinum, with nearly all the non-Legendary Pokemon being used on at least one NPC's team). And all those Koffings on Ninja Boys' teams for example, should use Gulpins/Swalots more than Koffings in the remakes. Koffing and Weezing got plenty of limelight in RBYGSC.

When I first played R/S, I expected Team Aqua to use Water-types and Team Magma to use Ground/Fire-types. I was confused and kinda disappointed when I found out that everybody used freaking Poochyena. Why!?

I'd love to see the Hoenn remakes set in a later timeline. If they just kept the previous storyline with only graphic updates and changes in pokemon teams, it could end up being just 'slightly' better.

They could have a new player character. In RSE, there was actually a little brother of the rival, so he could be one. The girl character could move in from some other region. They could make slightly different starting points.

Brendan, May, Wally could be either supporters throughout the game, or postgame bosses at certain places.

Also, it would be good to see changes in gym leader designs. Like, Tate and Liza as a teenager, and Brawly actually having a surfer sprite. Wattson might have to retire by then... but they could just have him sit in an electric wheelchair. Flannery could be more mature and lady-like (similar to the Beauty sprites). Roxanne as a more teacher-ish image. No changes necessary for Winona, Norman or Juan, I guess.

I want to compete with Wallace and Juan in the Contests, too XDD They could be in the Master Ranks randomly. I was disappointed in RSE because of that.

The E4... Sidney is fine as he is. In fact, I'd say he has the best Dark-Type team members. Pheobe needs adjusting - two banettes, two dusclops, and one sabyele? That's mean. Only three kinds of pokemon to use... *sigh*. Drake's Emerald team was much better, but I wish he wouldn't use Shellgon. Glacia also needs more pokemons to use - two sealeos, two glalies, and one walrein...
They should expand the Hoenn dex and include more evolutions. Like, Snorunt is native to Hoenn, so Froslass should be included in the dex, too.

As for Steven, yes, he already plays a huge role in the RSE games, but I wish for MORE action XDD Put him as the champion AND enable the double battle with him at the space center. He should also play a part in advertising his coorporation's stuff more... XDD

Technically, that's not true, since Chrono Trigger was originally on a Nintendo system, making the DS version the first remake. Now, if they make a Chrono Trigger PS3, then......

The closest thing to a remake of a remake is OoT since it was released on 4 different Nintendo systems, but only one game was considered a remake.

On RSEmake matters, I'd be impressed if they add a bit of storyline in Meteor Cave. I only remember going in there once in Emerald, to get back the Meteorite from Magma.

There could be a little clue to these remakes actually.
If you follow the Pokémon Global Link and its releases of Pokémon with special moves, you can sorta think of a pattern.

Altaria with False Swipe just got released. That's the same Altaria you could get from Pokémon Box RS. Now if they would release a new Pokémon (Zigzagoon, Skitty or Pichu) next month or so, and these Pokémon have their event moves (ExtremeSpeed, Pay Day and Surf). Then we could have RSemakes waiting for us somewhere next year.

Don't forget that it's just a little theory of mine. So as long as one of these other 3 Pokémon gets released it could be something interesting.

OK little question
IF they were FR/LG remakes, would you but them or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom