• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer something that gives me greater BP. I dont have time to sit around battling to 480BP or whatnot.

I hope they have Steven as the champion again I prefer him over Wallace. To me Wallace was better suited to be the 8th leader. Also I don't want to see any post 3rd gen Pokemon until after I beat the game.

I hope they have Steven as the champion again I prefer him over Wallace. To me Wallace was better suited to be the 8th leader. Also I don't want to see any post 3rd gen Pokemon until after I beat the game.

i would at least put Gallade and Froslass in though and the other Gen III evo's...Shellos should be in as well they were supposded to be in Gen III anyway (with a new design)

Naw, I'd say keep all the original Hoenn Pokemon in, but if they have evolution or pre-evolution from Gen IV or V, put those guys in the game too.

Naw, I'd say keep all the original Hoenn Pokemon in, but if they have evolution or pre-evolution from Gen IV or V, put those guys in the game too.

Shellos was supossed to be in Hoenn but it was cut last minute... it would only be right for it to be in the remake... plus They shoulld make a new design for him

Shellos was supossed to be in Hoenn but it was cut last minute... it would only be right for it to be in the remake... plus They shoulld make a new design for him
Why would they have to put in a Pokemon completely unrelated to Hoenn because it was in the beta version? That doesn't make sense.

Why would they have to put in a Pokemon completely unrelated to Hoenn because it was in the beta version? That doesn't make sense.

It is related to Hoenn it was in the beta GF really wanted to put Shellos in but didn't and I don't see why not it was supossed to be in Hoen in te first place why not place it in there since it was dummied out in the orignal

It's still not a 3rd gen Pokemon. No matter what you say it's still a 4th gen Pokemon and not even native to Hoenn. It wouldn't make sense putting Pokemon in the games like that. This goes for Froslass, Gallade, and Roserade as well, they may be related but they aren't Hoenn native. Waiting until you beat the game to obtain them won't kill anyone.

It's still not a 3rd gen Pokemon. No matter what you say it's still a 4th gen Pokemon and not even native to Hoenn. It wouldn't make sense putting Pokemon in the games like that. This goes for Froslass, Gallade, and Roserade as well, they may be related but they aren't Hoenn native. Waiting until you beat the game to obtain them won't kill anyone.

But Ambipom, Lickilicky, Yanmega, Tangrowth, and Mamoswine were in the Johto Dex in HGSS.

But Ambipom, Lickilicky, Yanmega, Tangrowth, and Mamoswine were in the Johto Dex in HGSS.

But they would have been available had they existed in Gen II. Frosslass, Gallade, ect. require a stone to evolve, and seeing as how Togekiss wasn't available until after defeating the champion in HG/SS, I'm assuming the same would happen in possible RS remakes.

But they would have been available had they existed in Gen II. Frosslass, Gallade, ect. require a stone to evolve, and seeing as how Togekiss wasn't available until after defeating the champion in HG/SS, I'm assuming the same would happen in possible RS remakes

Your grasping at straws now... the majority of Gen II evo's in Iv showed up in HG/SS I see no reason why they woulnd't just stick the stones in (hell give Wally a Gallade instead of a male Gardevior) or you know change their evolution like the did Milotic... Make them evolve by level-up

Like the poster above me your argument just fell flat... most if not all the Gen II evo's were avable in HG/SS they were put in because they were related to Johto Pokemon... Forslass, Gallade and Roserade should definitly be in the H-Dex and so should Shellos and D/P got a lot of shit because so many pokemon weren't avable until after the storyline

My post wasn't aimed at Chimchar15. Why should Shellos be in R/S remakes? Loads of Pokémon were intended to be in Gen I, such as Crobat, but wasn't available in FR/LG until you had beaten the champion.

I think the main reason that D/P "got a lot of shit" was because they where Gen IV Pokémon and it didn't make sense that they wasn't included.

I think they should be available, simple because they are needed [Take Roselia for instance she's bad but when it evolves BAM! ]

But they would have been available had they existed in Gen II. Frosslass, Gallade, ect. require a stone to evolve, and seeing as how Togekiss wasn't available until after defeating the champion in HG/SS, I'm assuming the same would happen in possible RS remakes

Your grasping at straws now... the majority of Gen II evo's in Iv showed up in HG/SS I see no reason why they woulnd't just stick the stones in (hell give Wally a Gallade instead of a male Gardevior) or you know change their evolution like the did Milotic... Make them evolve by level-up

How can you say that I'm grasping at straws? Did you actually read what I wrote above?
But they would have been available had they existed in Gen II.

The difference between them and the Pokemon I'm stating is that those Pokemon didn't need stones to evolve. Tangrowth, Yanmega, and etc evolved by learning a certain move so it couldn't be helped. Notice how Magnezone, Leafeon, and Glaceon weren't in the Johto dex, they only put it what they had to. None of the Hoenn evolutions use moves to evolve so they can wait.

The difference between them and the Pokemon I'm stating is that those Pokemon didn't need stones to evolve. Tangrowth, Yanmega, and etc evolved by learning a certain move so it couldn't be helped. Notice how Magnezone, Leafeon, and Glaceon weren't in the Johto dex, they only put it what they had to. None of the Hoenn evolutions use moves to evolve so they can wait.
leafeon, glaceon and magnezone had a reason for not being in the johto dex. It was impossible to evolve them. They could have easily done the same thing they did in frlg to keep Pokemon in hgss from evolving

leafeon, glaceon and magnezone had a reason for not being in the johto dex. It was impossible to evolve them. They could have easily done the same thing they did in frlg to keep Pokemon in hgss from evolving

But Togekiss could have been in the pre-national dex. if the Shiny stone had been made available, so why didn't they include that?

1000th post!

(Honestly, I didn't nab this idea from GatoRage)

Last edited:
If they remade R/B/E and included a pokewalker, I'll die of happiness.
Like Sheer Happiness.

I think they should be available, simple because they are needed [Take Roselia for instance she's bad but when it evolves BAM! ]

I resent that. I loved my Roselia. That speck of dust could take down monster 20 times her size. I really hope they let me evolve her though. All the silly restrictions annoy me. I like that they made BW without trade restrictions.

I kind wish I had used my pokewalker but I couldn't get into it.

Another thing that I want from the R/S remakes is great gym designs. I know this is pretty much a given as they did a amazing job with the gyms in HG/SS. Although I do not want Wallace's gym to have ice in it, it was a good puzzle but it felt too much like an ice pokemon gym and not enough like a water pokemon gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom