• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'd like to see in the rest of Gen V

Okay, so whenever Ruby and Sapphire remakes are brought up, people always say, "Well, FRLG came out in Gen 3 too, so...remakes of remakes?" I have a solution. You know how, in Gen 3, we got FireRed and LeafGreen, but no remake of Yellow or Blue? Later in Gen 5, I'd like to see AquaBlue or ThunderYellow as well as R/S remakes. Thus, in Gen 6 we'd get D/P remakes and MindCrystal, etc. etc.

Your thoughts?

Re: What I'd like to see in the rest of Gen V

I think it's not necessary, to be honest. Esentially, Blue was the same thing as Red but with different Pokémon, and Green took its place in Generation 3. As for the future Diamond/Pearl remakes, they're still too new (I know you mean we'd get the remakes in some years, but still).

They'd still be remaking Kanto for a second time.

And honestly I don't want anymore remakes. Remakes shouldn't be the standard. They don't need to remake every single generation. Especially not Gen IV.

No need at all and we just had HG and SS which you can catch almost all if not all the Gen 1 pokemon. Sorry dude doesn't make any sense.

Gen 4 remakes on the other hand could be cool. And no after years until the gen 6 games come out and Grey and the Hoenn remakes come out and the gen six third version comes out it will have been enough time

I'd be satisfied with just the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, since Hoenn is the only we can't go to in 3D, and then Gray version

I think it's not necessary, to be honest. Esentially, Blue was the same thing as Red but with different Pokémon, and Green took its place in Generation 3. As for the future Diamond/Pearl remakes, they're still too new (I know you mean we'd get the remakes in some years, but still).
He was talking about D/P remakes for Gen VI. D/P are already almost 6 years old and by the time Gen VI starts they will be 8 or 9 years old so by they time the would get around to making remakes of them they would be somewhere around 10 to 12 years old.

They'd still be remaking Kanto for a second time.

And honestly I don't want anymore remakes. Remakes shouldn't be the standard. They don't need to remake every single generation. Especially not Gen IV.
And why not? The remakes sell very well and this is a business after all. Also on the subject of Gen IV remakes, why wouldn't they deserve remakes? A lot of fans started with those games and a lot of people, like myself, came back to the series with those games. I quit Pokemon around 2002 and then came back when D/P came out. Even though plenty of people may not like the games they are still special to plenty of other people.

actually i love remakes. haha fire red/heartgold ect were some of my favorites. and ruby/sap/emerald are my favorite games (storyline wise, jhoto/unova has my favorite pokemon)

^ Yeah, it was weird how a water gym had ice in it. Hopefully the extra power on the 3DS can give us a puzzle that actually revolves around water AND looks good?

In the R/S remakes, I want Archie to have a Chatot.
That would just be BOSS, man. XD
And I'd like both Archie and Maxie to have Whiscash or however you spell it.

Considering that the current DS models, DSi and 3DS, do not support backwards compatibility to the GBA, I think the gen3 games deserve remakes. Yes, you can still import them through older DS models, but not everyone has those anymore. I'm expecting an RS remake sometime in the near future, simply because it follows GF's remake trend.

Though, I'm really hoping that a RBG or even Yellow, are not only remade, but entirely revamped. Add more important characters (e.g. Rocket executives in various parts of the game, like Mt Moon and Lavender Tower, a second rival character similar to Lucas/Dawn or Bianca, etc.), have characters, such as gym leaders or E4 members, have more of a role in the game, delve more into the Kanto legendaries (I for one, would love to see Giovanni using Mewtwo in the final gym battle, only to escape after his defeat.), and add more post-game, such as traveling to Mt. Silver or even the Orange Islands. I feel that the original games have so much that could be expanded on, and if done right, could produce an amazing game.

I hope they remake Ruby and Sapphire and release a sequel to FRLG/HGSS that takes place years (not like a hundred, but 5 or 6) after HGSS but is still taking place in the same regions (Kanto and Johto). Or an expanded version of Kanto/Johto with more places to visit (along with the Sevii Isles if possible but I won't be upset if they can't fit them in the game)

Ruby and Sapphire will be celebrating its 10th anniversary on November this year.
I do hope that there would be some big announcement related to this event soon after they're done with the movie and Keldeo event.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to this getting released first than Grey.

I wonder... Deoxys first got its event in FRLG, and Arceus' only legitimately accessible event is in HGSS. Going by this pattern, will Genesect get a new event in the RSE remakes?

(I for one, would love to see Giovanni using Mewtwo in the final gym battle, only to escape after his defeat.)

Never happening, unfortunately. Team Rocket has nothing to do with Mewtwo in the games, and Gamefreak has avoided two perfect opportunities to connect them.

(I for one, would love to see Giovanni using Mewtwo in the final gym battle, only to escape after his defeat.)

Never happening, unfortunately. Team Rocket has nothing to do with Mewtwo in the games, and Gamefreak has avoided two perfect opportunities to connect them.

Oh I know it will probably never happen, but it still doesn't change the fact that it would be awesome if it did. :p

I don't care what you say, the fact that they brought back the EX cards must mean SOMETHING.

And to people saying stuff about FireRed or LeafGreen...I have no idea, but it wouldn't make sense to remake a remake of a remake that remade a remake...etc. (talking about future generations there)

I hope Nintendo seize the opportunity to remake Yellow in this Gen as we've already had remakes of Red and Blue/Green.

However, anyone who knows Nintendo, and I know Nintendo, will know they have a knack for missing opportunities like no other. They make it into an art form.

^YES, YELLOW. But how.......Sevii Islands?

No Kanto this Gen PLEASE!!! Kanto can die in a fire. It's been in EVERY FUCKING GENERATION ALREADY!!! enough already! Let Hoenn be remade you can play Kanto in HG/SS you can't play Hoenn on the DSi/3DS so basicly Gen III is just like Gen I/II you can't trade without a DSphat/lite which aren't even being made anymore... so most fans probibly won't have one anymore

Assuming you're someone who started playing post Gen I.

Not saying they should have FR/LG Remade, because that would be redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom