• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why people insist on the idea of rivals becoming champions? That is so boring, not to mention it would be Blue scenario all over again. The champion in RSEmakes should be either Steven or Wallace, after all, the game would be remakes of the originals. Anyway, I will love if Game Freak remove the HM usage in the remakes. Remove the obligatory use of all of them, except for Surf and Dive. They are so annoying.

Id like to see Wally as a rival then become the champion, it so exciting to play with Wally.

Wally isn't really champion material. It's going to be weird to see Wally as a champ when he's pretty much sick all the time. Besides, he's too meek and 'soft'. All the champions up till now (except Iris) were badass powerful looking people who have firm personalities and unwavering characteristics. Lance, Cynthia, Steven, Wallace, Alder... Wally just doesn't have that much of a strong impact

I think it would be better to stick to remakes and stay true to the original games as much as possible in terms of story. New features and such are fine, but the plot should stay almost exactly the same.

I think it would be better to stick to remakes and stay true to the original games as much as possible in terms of story. New features and such are fine, but the plot should stay almost exactly the same.

This pretty much. There are a few story related things that could be improved or have a bit more prevalence, such as a greater inclusion of Wally beyond the "how to catch a Pokemon" tutorial, a too easy battle about 1/3 through the game, and then a rematchable character at Victory Road. But other than that an a few other minor things, RSEmakes should be pretty much the same as the originals.

see. i believe there's two points to 'remakes' they allow newer players to experience the 'original/older' games without having to seek for outdated equipment and the like(nothing likwe knowing where a game has come from, and enjoying the original 151 to make you appreciate the journey a little more.. for those of us who werent around when pokemon were just on giant honking blue and red cartridges especially). and they allow the old pokemon a place in the 'newer' generations without overtaking a generation (wilds, handouts, etc) with over 600 pokemon and already and probably close to 800 after gen 6 drops... thats a very valid concern.

which is why id like them to keep to the spirit of the game they are remaking. that said im not opposed to a sequel (frankly i didnt care much for hoenn at ALL i kinda hoped a volcano would explode or the dang place would flood) as long as it improves on the 'flaws' or weakpoints (too much surfing! and tentacool *X_X*) without completely ruining the original story.

I would like a return of the secret bases. Although it is more the being able to battle the person you mix records with and actual get EXP points. That was great in R/S/E.

A thought occurred to me today:
If we were to get new RGB remakes, they will likely put MegaCharizard and MegaVenusaur/Blastoise on the cover and name them MegaRed & MegaGreen/Blue

o_O

Maybe Mega Ruby and Mega Sapphire revealing Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon? XD

Dawg (a reviewer who post on neogaf) have mentioned a Hoenn remake hint that is present on XY a few days ago, but since there was an embargo, he couldn't tell us specifically what the hint was. Well, the embargo was lifted and he finally told us the hint:

Dawg said:
The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting: "You will see it in due time"

ibdlZOag6pgTHn.gif

Dawg said:
The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting: "You will see it in due time"

vwMin

Most Hoenn Pokemon are already catchable in X and Y, so remakes are unneeded, Game Freak really isn't thinking everything though this generation.

Most Hoenn Pokemon are already catchable in X and Y, so remakes are unneeded, Game Freak really isn't thinking everything though this generation.

Will it make money? If the answer is yes, and it certainly is, that's all the thinking they need.

There are people on 2013 that still think Game Freak remake games because "some Pokémon aren't catchable"? Haha well, that is cute.

So what if the Pokemon are obtainable? That excuse isn't even valid. Game Freak wont just remake a game because the Pokemon are harder to find. They will remake a game for the money, plain and simple.

Every region has at least been on the DS, Hoenn is the most outdated region still stuck on the GBA. Not to mention the fact that Hoenn will look absolutely stunning with the new 3D graphics and Game Freak will be able to make easy money from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom