• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawg (a reviewer who post on neogaf) have mentioned a Hoenn remake hint that is present on XY a few days ago, but since there was an embargo, he couldn't tell us specifically what the hint was. Well, the embargo was lifted and he finally told us the hint:

Dawg said:
The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting: "You will see it in due time"

ibdlZOag6pgTHn.gif

HOENN CONFIRMED

Oh my gawsh, I can finally go back and hang out with my dahling Steven♥ I missed all the harbors, the jungle, the treehouses, the underwater routes...

LET'S SEE SOME WEATHER CRISIS!!

If that is indeed real, I'd class that as an unofficial confirmation that Game Freak's next step is indeed Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

It's a shame he didn't manage to get photographic/video evidence, but oh well.

He can't take pictures because he is a reviewer and technically, there is still an embargo prohibiting most info until the 12th.

Most Hoenn Pokemon are already catchable in X and Y, so remakes are unneeded, Game Freak really isn't thinking everything though this generation.

Most Johto Pokemon were already catchable in Diamond and Pearl.

So, I have never played any game from gen 3 before. Should I celebrate now? Is gen 3 good?

So, I have never played any game from gen 3 before. Should I celebrate now? Are gen 3 good?

They're my favorite games in the series because they had the most sidequests - Safari Zone, diving, battle tents, and contests. They had super varied gameplay and that's why I liked them. Hopefully contests come back for G6.

Yeah, it's the only tropical Pokemon game so it has a really unique setting as well.

So, I have never played any game from gen 3 before. Should I celebrate now? Are gen 3 good?

They're my favorite games in the series because they had the most sidequests - Safari Zone, diving, battle tents, and contests. They had super varied gameplay and that's why I liked them. Hopefully contests come back for G6.

Wow I love side quests. And I liked contest as well.

If you love a wide variety of environments in a single region, yes. If you play Pokemon for story and/or characters, no.

Never cared for plot in pokemon, since usually it is either ridiculously over the top or flat out plain, so I'm ok :p

So, it seems that I'll enjoy playing in Hoen. Too bad I do not like the starters a lot, save for maybe Jukain. He it gets a mega evo.

I love Hoenn because of the music (trumpets everywhere) and the eccentric Pokémon designs. I would say it is my third favorite generation. Some people say that the story and characters of Hoenn aren't that good and while that more or less true, they are still more unique and interesting than what we got in Gen 2. Overall, Emerald is my third favorite game in the series, right behind Platinum and Fire Red.

I love Hoenn because of the music (trumpets everywhere) and the eccentric Pokémon designs. I would say it is my third favorite generation. Some people say that the story and characters of Hoenn aren't that good and while that more or less true, they are still more unique and interesting than what we got in Gen 2. Overall, Emerald is my third favorite game in the series, right behind Platinum and Fire Red.

Oh, I'm even more pumped now. Pokemon music has always been an integral aspect of enjoyment for me. I once had the soundtrack of of Violet town on my mp3 because of how much I liked it. So this is all good news :)

I'm guessing the titles will be Terrestrial Ruby and Marine-line Sapphire?
God now I'm pumped XD

Other than having the most underdeveloped rivals(including Wally) in the series, the lack of a day and night system and dumbest plot ever used by a villainous team. R/S/E was pretty good and had in my opinion had the second best soundtrack in the series, i mean how can you not like listening to this?...

[video=youtube;U495W97gSZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U495W97gSZ8[/video]

Other than having the most underdeveloped rivals(including Wally) in the series, the lack of a day and night system and dumbest plot ever used by a villainous team. R/S/E was pretty good and had in my opinion had the second best soundtrack in the series, i mean how can you not like listening to this?...

who cares about the story when the music is awesome? And I will finally be able to catch Rayquaza!!!!

What I love about gen 3 games are also the Contests (much better than DPPt contests imho) and the Battle Frontier. Seriously, when we get the RS remakes, they better put in the Battle Frontier because it was tough and yet so much fun. Also, RS contests in 3D graphics?

That's a given, that must happen.

Wally was also a really refreshing rival in that he was the first who wasn't a jerk, but actually at a disadvantage.

And i just got an overdose of nostalgia, i love Gen 3 music so much.

Last edited:
I actually forgot a sidequest - there's also an entire side quest series based on mountain biking with a lot of hidden areas based on how well you can use the bikes - there's one for speed and one for jumps. Man, I loved those bike puzzles.

Orre would be a perfect a post game region for R/S/E remakes, i mean even though it's from a spin-off game , i would like to see Game Freak's take that region and it's characters. Maybe they could reintroduce Shadow-Type Pokemon in to the series(minus the SE against every type part).

I really hope they'd offer Super Contests instead of regular Contests. The latter were so shallow and the minigame itself was frustrating. The dancing and dress-up portions weren't exactly thrilling, but they were pretty fun.

I really hope they'd offer Super Contests instead of regular Contests. The latter were so shallow and the minigame itself was frustrating. The dancing and dress-up portions weren't exactly thrilling, but they were pretty fun.
God I hope not. They absolutely ruined contests for me with the dressing up. The original contests were easy enough to take part in without too much extra effort, whereas dancing wasn't something I cared at all about paying attention to. And the way they changed the moves round for super contests was annoying because it was largely luck based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom