• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised.

-Battle Maison theme is a remix of Battle Tower (Crystal/HG/SS)

-Valerie is from Johto.

-The complete fabulousness of Amphrodite was unleashed.

-Celebi event.

JOHTO CONFIRMED.

NO ES FAKE.

Except we already had a Johto remake, so it'd be pointless to do it again. They shouldn't make another Johto game unless it's a sequel (and preferably with huge expansions made so it can work as a standalone region and probably tons of other major changes).

Just realised.

-Valerie is from Johto.

-Celebi event.

JOHTO CONFIRMED.

NO ES FAKE.

Except we already had a Johto remake, so it'd be pointless to do it again. They shouldn't make another Johto game unless it's a sequel (and preferably with huge expansions made so it can work as a standalone region and probably tons of other major changes).
Pretty sure he was joking.

When it comes to interpreting hints, I'm always a little skeptical, because, seeing as the series tends to have some references to every previous Gen, one can interpret almost anything to fit what they want-i.e. some of the more farfetch'd "HOENN CONFURMED" "evidence". I'm not denying the possibility of references preceding a remake, or telling people they can't speculate, but, objectively, it doesn't seem to me like there's an unusually large amount of Hoenn references, at least compared to references to other Gens. I definitely do want Hoenn remakes this Gen, though, so here's hoping :).

Just realised.

-Valerie is from Johto.

-Celebi event.

JOHTO CONFIRMED.

NO ES FAKE.

Pretty sure he was joking.

His brain exploded from all my Sinnoh annoyingness, which also blew up his sarcasm detector.

-Reshiram and Zekrom statues
-Someone mentions Unova
-Kalos has a king, N was Plasma's king
-Someone mentions Team Plasma

UNOVA CONFIRMED

I'd laugh and cry is they used all these hints and references in advertising etc to Hoenn and then made a ReLeaf and ReFire. That would just be...trolling.

I'd laugh and cry is they used all these hints and references in advertising etc to Hoenn and then made a ReLeaf and ReFire. That would just be...trolling.
There is nothing unusual about the references to Hoenn when compared to other regions.

Sure, there have been references to other regions, but the Ruby and Sapphire anniversary remark is a little more convincing.

Sure, there have been references to other regions, but the Ruby and Sapphire anniversary remark is a little more convincing.
Doubtful considering the real anniversary of RS has already passed.

It obviously means that Ruby and Sapphire remakes are out 2042 and 2047 respectively.

Just found this

Gardenia: "...I'm in a dilemma now. You see, I don't like ghost Pokémon very much. But, what if... What if there was a Grass-type ghost Pokémon? What then?"-Villa Visits, Pokemon Platinum.

Hohoho. Guess who's nightmares just came true?

Considering us Phantump enjoy abandoned forests, Eterna Forest appeals to us very much. It is big, dark and has a spooky Chateau, which is French for Castle!

Sinnoh Confirmed :p

Seriously, in DP remakes Phantump should be encounterable in Eterna Forest somehow, and in Old Chateau's front garden there should be pumpkin patches full of my home boy Pumpkaboo!

Then why would they even bring it up?

The fact they said 40th and 45th makes me think it's another word for saying 'a long time'.

Why mention Professor Rowan so much? Morey studied under him, and both Professors study evolution. Fantina speaks French in all international versions except Japan and France. Gardenia is scared of Ghost-Types, and said she's in a dilemma in case there's a Grass/Ghost-Type. Me and my homies just flew in, you better believe it. Old Château and Old Gateau are French.

You know what this means?

Sinnoh and Kalos share a French Ghost Fetish.

Then why would they even bring it up?

The fact they said 40th and 45th makes me think it's another word for saying 'a long time'.

Why mention Professor Rowan so much? Morey studied under him, and both Professors study evolution. Fantina speaks French in all international versions except Japan and France. Gardenia is scared of Ghost-Types, and said she's in a dilemma in case there's a Grass/Ghost-Type. Me and my homies just flew in, you better believe it. Old Château and Old Gateau are French.

You know what this means?

Sinnoh and Kalos share a French Ghost Fetish.

Also: Sinnoh was the first 3D region (polygon-made overworld) while Kalos is the first completely 3D region (everything is polygon-made, and stereoscopic 3D) . Both regions share a 3D fetish.

I have a feeling that we'll get D/P remakes.

IDK about Hoenn. Just stick it on the Wii U or eShop or summin' to advertise them.

D:
I'm gonna be sad if they skip Hoenn and make Sinnoh remakes instead, then revisit Unova... leaving no room and no chance for us to revisit Hoenn.

Hoenn forever alone ;_;

NOOO I don't want that to happen... please give us a chance to revisit Hoenn ;_; I don't want Hoenn to be left out forever

D:
I'm gonna be sad if they skip Hoenn and make Sinnoh remakes instead, then revisit Unova... leaving no room and no chance for us to revisit Hoenn.

Hoenn forever alone ;_;

NOOO I don't want that to happen... please give us a chance to revisit Hoenn ;_; I don't want Hoenn to be left out forever

Just give Hoenn next gen :p

Or eShop.

I have a feeling that GF is gonna unleash a 'GBA' bundle somehow, and I'm pretty sure that R/S/E in 3D would go there :/

FRLG didn't launch on RB's anniversary either.

Just give Hoenn next gen :p

There's no sense in that unless we're getting no remakes this gen. Hoenn needs remaking the most out of all past regions.

Or eShop.

I have a feeling that GF is gonna unleash a 'GBA' bundle somehow, and I'm pretty sure that R/S/E in 3D would go there :/

The only way I see eShop rereleases working is if they're compatible with Bank, otherwise you wouldn't be able to trade between versions.

Why would they skip Gen 3 to remake Gen 4? That makes no sense, Gen 4 doesn't need to be remade just yet, it's fine as it is and it's only going to be outdated in a big while.

You people should tell this to Majora's Mask. Both games before and after it got remakes, and Wind Waker has much superior graphics to poor MM.

Gen IV has many references to French Culture. The Old Chateau. Old Gateau.

And a Ghost/Grass-Type, which Gardenia was having a dilemma over in Pt, was introduced.

The champions are both females who use various types. I can't see Mega Evolved signature being a Diantha exclusive. Besides Green, Cynthia is the only champion whose signature can Mega Evolve.

Both evil team leaders are out to recreate the world in a way they see that there'd be no strife. The grunts are not aware of the full goal.

The Pokeradar returns.

Professor Rowan is mentioned not once, but twice. And him and Sycamore both study evolution, with a young Morey studying under Professor Grumpsalot.

The fossil pair are dinosaurs. No, Bolt, Aerodactyl is not a dinosaur. Pterosaurs were lizards, not dinosaurs. And Archeops is a transition between dinosaurs and birds, not a full dinosaur.

Hoenn Pokemon are a common sight in Kalos, while the Sinnoh Pokemon are rarer and/or found later. What's the point of making a Hoenn game when the Pokemon already plague Gen 6?

The first ME was Lucario. Why not some Hoenn Mon?

Speaking of MEs, I'm pretty sure one of the reasons we get remakes is for the starters. But we already have access to Torchic. The same would also be unbalanced, with Blaziken having a ME.

Drasna is mentioned to have ancestors from Sinnoh who raised her with tales of Dialga and Palkia. Why not make her from Hoenn, being told stories of Rayquaza and Lati@s?

The Lava Dome Pokemon in Juane Plaza. Volcanion is the Steam Pokemon, apparently.

There is a greedy garden loving douche with a butler in both gens.

Tierno wants to become an awesome dancer. Sinnoh has two renowned dancers, Fantina and Dahila.

Looker seems to lack his trademark accent, and speaks normal. In Japan, a French accent would sound weird. In France, it'd be normal. Also, Hansom and Looker, his names in Jap and English, refer to someone's looks. Kalos is the region of beauty.

Empoleon is based on Napoleon.

I don't see why people keep looking for "hints" (that are hardly hints in the first place anyways) for what's going to be remade next >___>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom