• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why people keep looking for "hints" (that are hardly hints in the first place anyways) for what's going to be remade next >___>

I either hinthunt or research random multi God religions.

What else would a teen do when he.'s alone?

You people should tell this to Majora's Mask. Both games before and after it got remakes, and Wind Waker has much superior graphics to poor MM.
Off topic but technically Wind Waker HD is basically that, an HD version of Wind Waker and not a remake of Wind Waker, they also made Wind Waker HD to give something for the people to play while they make Zelda Wii U. Remaking Majora's Mask would take alot more time than making Wind Waker HD so that's why they made Wind Waker HD. There's references to every gen in X and Y, looking at them as hints for a possible remake is pointless as they most likely put these references as a wink to the players.

@Fabulous Phantump;

Your hints make for a fairly solid argument it must be said. The only thing is, there's literally no justification for remaking D/P/P before R/S/E.

If and I do believe that it's a big if (regardless of how much I would love to see Gen III remakes) Game Freak are planning on remaking anything... I find it almost impossible to accept that it would be anything other than R/S/E.

You people should tell this to Majora's Mask. Both games before and after it got remakes, and Wind Waker has much superior graphics to poor MM.
Off topic but technically Wind Waker HD is basically that, an HD version of Wind Waker and not a remake of Wind Waker, they also made Wind Waker HD to give something for the people to play while they make Zelda Wii U. Remaking Majora's Mask would take alot more time than making Wind Waker HD so that's why they made Wind Waker HD. There's references to every gen in X and Y, looking at them as hints for a possible remake is pointless as they most likely put these references as a wink to the players.

OK, let's not take into account the Zelda remakes. But let me remind you that Sonic Adventure 2 was remade before 1, Super Mario World was remade for the GBA before Super Mario Bros. 3, and that's only a couple of examples that just popped up on my mind that prove that original release dates have nothing to do with remakes order. In the end, what determines remakes is demand. Sonic Adventure 2 is far more popular than SA1. so 2 was remade first. On a similar fashion, what will determine whether Game Freak remakes RSE (or any other game) is demand, not release order. Hell, if they want, they can even remake Unova for the 3DS before going through RSE and DPPt if demand tells them to do so.

I don't know which is the more popular, if RSE or DPPt, it could even be the case that actually none of the two have enough demand for a remake to be worth it - the same reason Nintendo hasn't remade Majora's Mask: the game does not have an actual large fanbase, but rather a very vocal minority and it seems this the case of RSE too.

OK, let's not take into account the Zelda remakes. But let me remind you that Sonic Adventure 2 was remade before 1, Super Mario World was remade for the GBA before Super Mario Bros. 3, and that's only a couple of examples that just popped up on my mind that prove that original release dates have nothing to do with remakes order. In the end, what determines remakes is demand. Sonic Adventure 2 is far more popular than SA1. so 2 was remade first. On a similar fashion, what will determine whether Game Freak remakes RSE (or any other game) is demand, not release order. Hell, if they want, they can even remake Unova for the 3DS before going through RSE and DPPt if demand tells them to do so.

I don't know which is the more popular, if RSE or DPPt, it could even be the case that actually none of the two have enough demand for a remake to be worth it - the same reason Nintendo hasn't remade Majora's Mask: the game does not have an actual large fanbase, but rather a very vocal minority and it seems this the case of RSE too.
If it's by demand then R/S/E are the next games being remade since nearly every pokemon fan in the internet is asking for them and hardly anybody is asking for a Gen 4 remake and why should they? Gen 4 games are still good and don't require a remake just yet. Techincally SA 2 Battle was actualy a port, it hardly changed anything except fixing some issues and tweaking some stuff, Super Mario Bros 3 was actualy remade in the Super Mario All Stars Pack wich was released in 1993.

Last edited:
@VeggiePopper;

You raise a very good point about Majoras Mask - I consider myself a part of the vocal minority who are desperate for it to receive the same treatment as Ocarina did and be released on 3DS but you're right, it is a minority.

R/S/E on the other hand... I don't think it's a minority who are very keen to see those titles remade, I think it's the majority of Pokémon fans. Perhaps not a vast majority but at least a 55/45 split. Nonetheless, it is worth noting that these remakes would not be your standard remake in the way that HG/SS or FR/LG were (improved graphics and gameplay yes, but you know what I'm getting at). Remakes would see Hoenn receive the same treatment as Kalos, producing an entirely different, fresh and vastly improved experience. I think for that product, 90% of Pokémon fans would be extremely interested.

R/S/E are the next games being remade since nearly every pokemon fan in the internet is asking for them.

As it has been pointed out several times here and in many other threads, "every fan in the internet" does not equal the actual entirety of the fanbase. We internet fans are just a very vocal minority.

Also, not even every fan in the internet is asking for them. I'm a Pokémon fan, and I'm on the internet, yet I couldn't care less about a RSE remake, let alone wishing for one.

R/S/E are the next games being remade since nearly every pokemon fan in the internet is asking for them.

As it has been pointed out several times here and in many other threads, "every fan in the internet" does not equal the actual entirety of the fanbase. We internet fans are just a very vocal minority.

Also, not even every fan in the internet is asking for them. I'm a Pokémon fan, and I'm on the internet, yet I couldn't care less about a RSE remake, let alone wishing for one.
Read the freaking post, NEARLY as in a big portion of the fanbase not its entirety, if you are not going to bother to read the entire post i'm not gonna bother responding back.

@VeggiePopper;

You raise a very good point about Majoras Mask - I consider myself a part of the vocal minority who are desperate for it to receive the same treatment as Ocarina did and be released on 3DS but you're right, it is a minority.

R/S/E on the other hand... I don't think it's a minority who are very keen to see those titles remade, I think it's the majority of Pokémon fans. Perhaps not a vast majority but at least a 55/45 split. Nonetheless, it is worth noting that these remakes would not be your standard remake in the way that HG/SS or FR/LG were (improved graphics and gameplay yes, but you know what I'm getting at). Remakes would see Hoenn receive the same treatment as Kalos, producing an entirely different, fresh and vastly improved experience. I think for that product, 90% of Pokémon fans would be extremely interested.

55/45 is actually a more reasonable and probable split than what Norzan said. However, I think that's still not enough to guarantee a success. Regarding the "Kalos treatment producing a fresh experience", I think every region would be benefitted from the graphical update, not only Hoenn. I for one, I'm dying to see Mt. Coronet and Stark Mountain in full 3D.

Read the freaking post, NEARLY as in a big portion of the fanbase not its entirety, if you are not going to bother to read the entire post i'm not gonna bother responding back.

I did read the post. Oh, I omitted one word. What a big deal. As you can see by the post above yours, even RSE fans acknowledge that they are not a majority.

Mod Note:Guys I notice there was some discussion on Gen 4 remakes here. Just a reminder on one of the rules of this thread from the OP:

Discussion of remakes of games from Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) and Generation V (Black/White) are a no-no

Just something to keep in mind. Thank you.

55/45 is actually a more reasonable and probable split than what Norzan said. However, I think that's still not enough to guarantee a success. Regarding the "Kalos treatment producing a fresh experience", I think every region would be benefitted from the graphical update, not only Hoenn. I for one, I'm dying to see Mt. Coronet and Stark Mountain in full 3D.

I did read the post. Oh, I omitted one word. What a big deal. As you can see by the post above yours, even RSE fans acknowledge that they are not a majority.

I actually said we are a majority, just not a vast one. 55/45 is a majority. Seeing every region in the new 3D look would be fantastic but there is no logical reason for any region reappearing before Hoenn.

XY's polygonal 3D environment will likely evolve as well, so if, in theory, RBY, GSC, RSE, DPPt and BWB2W2 were all being planned to be remade with full 3D graphics, every game after RBY's remake would be an improvement on the other (just like the main games), which could result in BWB2W2's remake being different enough from RBY's to make fans want to see that game being remade again with BWB2W2's/Gen X graphics. And so on and so on.

It's like an endless loop. While I'm definitely not against the idea of remakes, I'd rather see Game Freak work on new ideas and new games rather than revisiting old regions all the time/every other Generation. I hope they don't feel obliged to remake every one of their games after a certain number of Generations just because they one day decided to remake RB.

My two pence on this whole affair is quite simple;

There is demand, ergo it will happen. That's all. Each generation will likely be revisited at some time or another, and I would say Gen III is the most likely to be revisited at the moment, considering Hoenn is, as I've said previously, the only main series region to not be present in any form of a 3D environment.

A boulder in Connecting Cave is blocking two people from opposite sides from crossing.

HOENN CONFIRMED!

That meme is so old now...
But I must admit it does seem eerily similar and unnecessary. Only difference is neither person responds to your actually getting rid of the blockage.

Just a reminder that the first post (and Shiny Celebi's post a few up) do say that remake of Gen IV (and now Gen V) is not a topic for this thread. Please don't ignore this, and remember to follow the layout in the first post in the future.

In the mean time, I hope you all are having/will have a happy new year.

I don't even under stand why people suddenly started bringing up gen IV remakes anyway. I will fully support gen IV remakes after gen III remakes and gen VII happen. i still have emerald but i still want to see hoenn in 3d and because i feel like hoenn deserves it since the gameboy is dead and the ds lites on it's way out the door, heck i still have the original gold with a working battery but i bought their remakes recently despite knowing how the game would play out ( aside from red never got to mt sliver) and i still thoroughly enjoyed HG/SS. Anyway If remake does happen (hopefully the very next game) they need to fix the following

wally and may/brenden while ok rivals at first they literally just gave up half way through and wally was only battled twice
day and night feature
less tentacool more feebas more azurill more walimer more relcanth don't see why he could only be found under water, teh water routes weren't all to difficult to navigate the pokenav helped
make contests bigger nothing ever drove me to do them aside from seeing how they worked used it a few times but never got serious about it if it had a bigger purpose beside to evolve feebas ( which was a pain to find) then it'd be more worthwhile.
keep emeralds story line
add more after game

Just a reminder that the first post (and Shiny Celebi's post a few up) do say that remake of Gen IV (and now Gen V) is not a topic for this thread. Please don't ignore this, and remember to follow the layout in the first post in the future.

In the mean time, I hope you all are having/will have a happy new year.

But that rule was put there in Gen IT's English run... It only made sense to not discuss remaking the current gen. Now it's 2 gens later.... >.>

Happy New year, to all!

I'm pretty sure we'll find out next year. Since 2016 is an anniversary, I'm pretty sure they'd much rather have brand spanking new games than the same game with tiny changes.

In third versions/sequels, there is often past legends showing up. If most of one region's legends appear, it is probably unlikely for that region to get a remake.

If the *cough*Sinnoh*cough* remakes come out, it's obvious! XD

But that rule was put there in Gen IT's English run... It only made sense to not discuss remaking the current gen. Now it's 2 gens later.... >.>

The staff are aware and are discussing what we plan to do since remakes tend to be hot discussions and having one thread for all remake discussion most likely won't work and will become too cluttered. Anything further on this topic you can send to a VG mod via PM.

Bulbapedia said:
Although Contest conditions are a hidden stat in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, and Pokémon Black and White, a Feebas that has maximum Beauty will still evolve in these games.

So as long as you have a Max Beauty Feebas transferred over from a Gen4/Gen3 game, you could evolve them in Gen5 without the Prism Scale.

If - IF Feebas CAN evolve without the Prism Scale in Gen6 (so, like, you max out their beauty in a Gen3/Gen4 game and use PokeTransporter to transfer it over), then it means Contest conditions are still available, and therefore, Hoenn remakes with Contests themselves may make a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom