• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Pokémon Remix for Wii U

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
So what if they made a compilation game for Wii U? One that includes all six generations of Pokémon available to play. And you can choose to play them in Original Mode or Wii U Mode. Original Mode is similar to Virtual Console, while Wii U mode can let you play the game in HD 3D! Imagine going through Kanto in HD with 3D models and awesome remixes. And link modes use Nintendo Network. Wouldn't it be cool?

Very unlikely. Ideally it would be awesome though. If they did make it, it would be with Wii U HD graphics, otherwise it would take way too much work to do both. Plus it would be its own unique game rather then just all 6 regions on one game.

Boy, you are hitting every pipe dream fan demand on the list. inb4 Pokemon MMO thread

To answer the question:

I think this would be a little overwhelming to have 6 games in one. Plus, for VC anything to work for Pokemon they need some way to allow you to transfer Pokemon to other games

It would be a LOT of money. Wouldn't be worth them making the full 3D in terms of what they'd get back from it either.

Great idea, but... sheesh, that sounds pretty costly. HD re-releases of every generation? They'd have to remake so many games for that... for Gens I, II, IV and V, that's 13 games alone. Plus, it's not like other series that could just have their graphics slightly refined; all the games besides XY and ORAS would need a complete overhaul. If you want to include all the versions within each generation, that's fourteen games that will have to pretty much need to be remade from scratch.

tl;dr: cool idea, but not happening. Besides, I would be kind of mad if core series Pokemon games became a Wii U thing.

I'd go bonkers with joy if that happened. Everyone before me eloquently stated why it won't happen and for good reason, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming about it. =)

It'll probably be better to buy Virtual Console on the eShop than to make a compilation game like that.

Last edited:
It'll probably be better to buy Virtual Console on the eShop then to make a compilation game like that.

The only way VC is even happening is if they somehow make them Bank compatible and allow you to transfer Pokemon from one VC game to another and also to the current gen games. And I'm not even sure if that's possible. Beyond that, there's really no way for them to bring back all of the old games at once like you want them to.

Or they could just make the original without connectivity. It may be harder to fill the Pokédex though.

SEPARATE THREAD IDEA!

Or they could just make the original without connectivity. It may be harder to fill the Pokédex though.

SEPARATE THREAD IDEA!

That would entirely defeat the purpose of the game though, the gameplay is all about connectivity, if they can't get that right, they may as well not make it.

Well, at least the single player experience takes up the majority of the game. But it's not only hard to fill the Pokédex, it's impossible without connecting to another person's game. After I wrote my last comment, I had a better idea of the Wi-Fi games on Virtual Console using Nintendo Network, and wirelessly linking to the 3DS version of the VC game to for link battles and trades. However, as it turns out that the Mario Kart DS Virtual Console lacks Multiplayer, that makes it seems unlikely to make a DS/GBA/GBC game on Wii U Virtual Console with working Multiplayer.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom