• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UNITE Pokémon Roster additions/modifications

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Hi guys. The roster for this game has been mostly confirmed, so in this thread you can talk about which Pokemon do you want to see added in future upgrades of the game, and what could their attributes be. Also, if you think one of the revealed Pokemon should be better suited to a different role with different moves you can also post it here!

Discuss.

Now that the game has been out for like 2 days, and many of us experienced the game in some quantity, who would you like to join the battle?
Personally I'd like for Steelix to join the fight, since in the roster there isn't really a "big towering mon", the closest being Snorlax, and since there is no gen 2 representation (yes, Onix is gen 1, but Steelix is gen 2) and it'd bring more representation for Steel and Ground types, which currently only have one pokemon representing them (Lucario and Garchomp).
I'd also like to propose two more "gimmicky" pokèmon, being Zoroark and Aegislash. Zoroark could be like the Spy from Team Fortress 2, disguising themselves as one of the enemies and then backstabbing the enemy team, possibly messing their strategy, while Aegislash could switch thorugh its two forms, with them trading attack for defense or viceversa. Ultimately, their mechanic would take up a move slot, which are very limited, so it would severely impact them (you'd either forego the gimmick, or be stuck with only one move, neither of which is ideal). It would still be nice to have them included even if without the gimmicks.

776Turtonator.png

My two unapologetic faves, Pinsir and Galarian Weezing, could be interesting anti-meta picks. The former would be unaffected by obstacles created by the moves of the opponent and have a couple of tossing/displacement moves, while the latter would negate opposing abilities with Neutralising Gas and have a few AoE/cone attacks.

For those not aware, we've got at least two new ones locked in, though there's nothing yet about when they're coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see most of the starters in the game long-term. I also wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more Pokémon that are essentially copies of existing ones in the lineup, to allow people more options to get to play in the style they'd prefer.

Ultimately, their mechanic would take up a move slot, which are very limited, so it would severely impact them (you'd either forego the gimmick, or be stuck with only one move, neither of which is ideal). It would still be nice to have them included even if without the gimmicks.
Actually I had an idea which could have Zoroark and Aegislash keep their gimmicks and have 2 move slots free to use for whathever they want: you know how the X button, the one used for scoring that doesn't do anything anywhere else in battles? Well, what if while you're not on a goal, pressing the X button will cause their gimmick to activate: Aegislash will simply change between forms, being temporarily vulnerable while changing forms, while Zoroark's will bring up a menu like the one in which you choose your move, except this one will have 5 (4 or 3 if you're in a quick battle) options, which represent the 5 enemy team members, with the four arrow buttons as well as the X button being used to select in which one you want to turn into.

I would love to see Dragonite, Nidoking, and Ampharos to name a few. I think the latter especially would make a really fun addition and highlight a Pokemon that doesn't get a lot of love typically.

I really don't think 'Attacker' fits Pikachu. It seems more of an All-Rounder. It would also make sense since it's the mascot but that's just me lol
(I know this is a fairly old post, I just thought it was interesting)

The all-rounder category is a bit odd. It seems to mainly be for closer-range, high damage characters with moderate bulk, while the attacker category is more for ranged glass cannons. Based on its playstyle I think attacker fits Pika well.

(I know this is a fairly old post, I just thought it was interesting)

The all-rounder category is a bit odd. It seems to mainly be for closer-range, high damage characters with moderate bulk, while the attacker category is more for ranged glass cannons. Based on its playstyle I think attacker fits Pika well.
You're right, that's a bit odd. After knowing this though, I do agree with you.

Do you think that Dracovish sounds a good idea as a Pokémon roster addition in Pokémon UNITE? Or absolutely not? Why?

Do you think that Dracovish sounds a good idea as a Pokémon roster addition in Pokémon UNITE? Or absolutely not? Why?
He appears to be very popular, and we definitely have some wacky playable Pokèmon in the roster, such as Crustle or Cramorant, and there is definitely aa scarcity of Pokèmon that don't evolve compared to those that do (with around half of them not evolving even though they have a pre-evo, 4 to be exact)

Hey there! This is a place to discuss what Pokemon we want to be added in a future Pokemon Unite update! We can make (and help each other make) movesets and details about a potential addition to the game. If you want, you can also talk about how you would change a moveset or potential items.
Don't be disrespectful towards someone else's idea. If you think you could do better, please politely make a suggestion.
Optional Template for finished ideas:

Pikazard
Charchu -> Pikazard (lvl 5)
Melee Special All-Rounder
Offense: 4/5
Endurance: 3.5/5
Mobility: 2.5/5
Scoring: 3/5
Support: 4/5

Moveset:
Ember (Ranged)
despripto
At lvl 5, Ember turns into
Firey Fire (Area)
descripty
OR
Ignite (Buff)
descripcito

Zap (Melee)
scriptde
At lvl 7, Zap turns into
Zappyzappyzappy (Melee)
secritiond
OR
Zwoop (Dash)
scription

With every third basic attack, it becomes a boosted attack that burns the opponent.
Ability: Zappyfire
es decipion

I just recently filled out one of their surveys for this, so I'll go ahead and post my wishlist here with explanations. I chose one from each generation.

Butterfree - chances of getting in? Basically none. But it's my all-time favorite Pokemon, so I gotta try.

Ampharos - just a really awesome 3-stage Pokemon. Severely underrated if you ask me.

Claydol - another personal favorite. I'd love to see what they do with it mechanic-wise.

Drifblim - another kinda odd favorite. Being ghost AND flying I'd love to see it able to just phase through/over walls or whatnot.

Serperior - I didn't really want to add starters to my list, but I think the grass type needs one more starter in the game (3 Kanto are in, plus Cinderace and Greninja), and Serperior is my pick. It's beautiful and elegant and would be interesting to see.

Malamar - oh lord topsy-turvy would be so fun if they implemented it. Imagine just shutting down a shell-smashed Crustle.

Palossand - would be a great defender or support, definitely trapping and stalling.

Sirfetch'd - I think of the gen 8 roster, Sirfetch'd has a decent shot at getting in. This was a strange pick for me, as it's not even one of my favorite Pokemon. But I just think it would work well in this game.

Wyrdeer and/or Kleavor - yes I suggested new Pokemon. I think it would be an awesome way to show them off. Will it happen? No. Can I dream about it? Also no, I don't remember dreams.

Runners up:
Scizor, but I wanted to suggest some less popular 'mons.
Luxray, probably too similar to Zeraora. Stupid Zeraora.
Decidueye, same reason and Serperior but it's already in Pokken so let someone else get exposure.
Many many more. Endless possibilities. Oh, they're probably just gonna add more and more Kanto? Yeah, probably ‍

Alakazam-the smartest Pokemon I think it can use many move not only psychic move and I love it
Scizor or heracross-Bug type Pokemon is cool but in game it had crustle crustle is bad Pokemon it hard to play I think Scizor or heracross is better
Samurott-attack with sword on it head look cool
Sceptile-It fast in game the best speedster is Gengar but I hate it so Sceptile it the best speedster choice
Shuckle-I know it funny but shuckle is one of the best defensive Pokemon (very slow)555
Sandslash-I love ground type and Sandslash I love it

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom