• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Pokémon Royale

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
So what if there was a new Stadium game on the Wii U? Called Pokémon Royale. It can have Pokémon battles in HD, let you play online, play fun minigames, customize your trainer, is compatible with amiibo, is compatible with all 6 generations of games to use Pokémon or play an emulator of the original game or an HD remake, has a shop that sells Pokémon, battlefields and trainer clothing; has a story mode, tourneys, and a mode where you fight gym leaders? How cool would that game be?

And what if in the Story Mode, there can be anime cutscenes with voice acting. Yes voices finally! But to account for custom names like Pokémon nicknames and player names, the game has a dictionary and the voice actors can record how their characters say the names (in different tones so that they don't go monotone when saying a custom word). And while it's cool to have an emulator mode that let's you play in Wii U 3D HD, I'd save the idea for another fan game called Pokémon Remix, due to needing 3D models of region exclusive things like Secret Base entrances and new voice overs for text dialogue. I think it'd be more plausible for it to just rip data from the connected console and play the original game on your TV. And the story can be set in the Adven region where an evil Team Darkness plans to use Darkrai to spread eternal, well, darkness. And the hero must stop Team Darkness from their plan, collect Gym Badges to compete in the Pokémon League and fill his/her Pokédex.

And maybe there is an Arcade mode, where you battle 100 trainers on Mount Arcade. With Pokémon Centers after each 10 trainers for you to heal, save, and even swap characters.

There are a lot of Playable Trainers. There's Randall who uses Rental Pokémon, Sean & Tina the heroes of the Story mode, the customizable trainers, and the main series heroes used for fighting with your handheld parties.

League mode lets you fight Gym Leaders from either the story or a connected handheld.

The theatre can let you see replays of battles, trailers and cinematic cutscenes.

There can be a Party Mode that lets you play fun minigames either on a board (similar to Mario Party) or selecting a single game.

If this was a reality, its going to be really fun. Of course you'd buy a Wii U.

Lol! That'd be awesome but will probably never ever happen sadly.

Why wouldn't they make a Stadium game for Gen 6? They had one for every generation except 5 and so far 6.

Gen 1=Stadium

Gen 2=Stadium 2

Gen 3=Colosseum and XD

Gen 4=Battle Revolution

It may not happen the way I imagine it, but I think they should have one. Pokken don't count because it's Tekken-styled and not turn based, and Smash Bros don't count because it's a crossover, not marketed as Pokémon, not turn-based and past Smash Bros. installments have been released in the same generations as Stadium 1 & 2 and Battle Revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great idea and most of those things are plausible, but sadly, I highly doubt Game Freak will ever allow older games to be used on modern games. I've never seen them do that since Gold and Silver where you could use your Red/Blue/Yellow version on Pokemon Stadium 2. Do I wish they would go back to that? Of course! It's not impossible, but it's very doubtful.

As for a Colosseum/XD-esque game, that I can see them doing and want super bad at the moment. I've been dying for a console stadium game for a long time and I seriously hope they don't nix that concept just because the handhelds are in 3D. I doubt they would implement handheld features like gym leaders and an Elite Four, but I don't feel it is unreasonable to want a game like XD. I actually want something that is like Pokemon Battle Revolution combined with XD. We get our RPG in the form of XD and we get our stadium game with online battles in the form of Pokemon Stadium and PBR. *sigh* What a game that would be. ^^

See my other post in the E3 speculation thread, but I feel like it's more likely we'll have some Orre game, and it'll probably be on the 3DS, not the Wii U.

Cool as heck idea though.

An Orre game on the 3DS? I don't get it. Orre was exclusively for the GameCube and it happened back in Gen 3. If XD gets a sequel, I'd see it for Wii U. Unless they drop the Battle Mode. Because the Orre games let you connect to the GBA games to see your Pokémon battle in 3D. Pokémon Royale combines Orre with Stadium and Battle Revolution. Snagging Mega Pokémon might be cool, but then again, you're stealing. You may be stealing to help heal the Pokémon, but you never give it back. I'd rather catch wild Pokémon in my fangames than to steal.

Although, the Shadow Pokémon concept could work. I named my evil team Team Darkness. However, Shadow Pokémon must be obtained in the wild. You don't steal them from trainers. If a trainer's Pokémon is detected as a Shadow, well, it's his Pokémon. How are there Shadow Pokémon? Team Darkness has unleashed a Shadow Poison over the land infecting many Pokémon and the only way to cure them is with a special Pokémon Center in the middle of the region. When you catch a Shadow Pokémon, you go through the process of Purifying its heart and then going to the Purification Center to finish the job. If you meet a trainer who has a Shadow Pokémon, your Lucario detects their Aura (You are forced to keep a Lucario in your party while this Shadow Poison is going around) and you convince the trainer that there's something wrong with their Pokémon and they take a week to Purify them and they will be ready at the Purification Center for you to help finish the job and they will give you a thank you present.

After purifying all 300 Pokémon in the Adven Pokédex, Professor Oak will come to upgrade your Pokédex to the National Mode, so that you can save more Shadow Pokémon. When all 721 Pokémon are purified, you get a reward and permission to deposit Lucario. But you still have a goal to catch them all and luckily they are all available to catch in the game.

Oh and if your thinking Lucario is your starter, nope, you get a choice between Snivy, Cyndaquil and Piplup. Lucario is a gift from the Purification Center when Team Darkness' plan starts.

Sounds like a great idea and most of those things are plausible, but sadly, I highly doubt Game Freak will ever allow older games to be used on modern games. I've never seen them do that since Gold and Silver where you could use your Red/Blue/Yellow version on Pokemon Stadium 2. Do I wish they would go back to that? Of course! It's not impossible, but it's very doubtful.

As for a Colosseum/XD-esque game, that I can see them doing and want super bad at the moment. I've been dying for a console stadium game for a long time and I seriously hope they don't nix that concept just because the handhelds are in 3D. I doubt they would implement handheld features like gym leaders and an Elite Four, but I don't feel it is unreasonable to want a game like XD. I actually want something that is like Pokemon Battle Revolution combined with XD. We get our RPG in the form of XD and we get our stadium game with online battles in the form of Pokemon Stadium and PBR. *sigh* What a game that would be. ^^

Yeah, it seems unlikely for them to go back to twenty year old games, but I would like it. A Stadium game mixed with Orre is a great idea. The Battles, the story, the minigames, the customization, the emulators, that's so awesome. We should really beg Nintendo to make this.

Now let's talk about music. What if it has remixes of classic music? Like Kanto Wild encounters, Johto Gym Battles, Route 101 all remixed? And those can be used for exibition matches?

And for trainer customization, well it's not for the story mode. It's for most Battle modes to give your trainer some individuality online. For the story, the only thing you can choose it the hero's gender and name.

And there is a shop that sells Pokémon, Moves, Battlefields, Minigames, Clothing, Songs, Boards, and Items? And they can be unlocked in the shop with vouchers. Vouchers expand the sales in the shop. They can be collected by finding Battle Gifts in the story, completing certain tasks, win a set amount of battles, complete certain minigames, connecting to a handheld, Mystery Gift, amiibo, or DLC. A Battle Gift is an item you find in the story that turns into something useful in other modes. A normal Potion is found in the story to be used exclusively for the story, but a Battle Gift is found in the story that will open after exiting the story.

Still interested?

EDIT

You know what? No voice acting, except for the announcer. That would be too complicated for the custom words.

UPDATE

I'm writing out the story in the Fiction Fairground. Read about it here.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom