• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Rumble Rush ending service July 22: Mobile game to shut down after one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Rumble Rush ending service July 22: Mobile game to shut down after one year

Pokémon Rumble Rush will end service on July 22, 2020 (UTC) at 1:59 am. After the end of service, the game will no longer be playable.

Continue reading...

Is there any reason for why it’s being shut down? I’ve noticed this happened with Duel too... is it because these mobile games aren’t profitable enough?

It's very sad that this is another game closing so abruptly, after all the mystery that surrounded "PokeLand" during a couple of years. But this could be an opportunity for the company to finally stop pushing so many mobile spin-offs and focus on more complete experiences...Lol no they'll just release Shuffle 2 Also, this sub-franchise really needs a break after having 5 games in 11 years. Anyway, Rest in Piece.

Is there any reason for why it’s being shut down? I’ve noticed this happened with Duel too... is it because these mobile games aren’t profitable enough?

With Pokemon Duel, I assumed that they wanted to save their resources since it shunt down shortly before Masters came out. It also could be that they weren't popular or profitable enough to keep them around. If they were huge hits, I imagine that they'd keep them around.

I was more disappointed with Pokemon Duel being shut down, especially when I just started to play it shortly after it was announced that they were closing it. It wasn't a great game, but it was decent fun and a part of me still hopes that it could be remade as a digital only title for the Switch or something like that. Pokemon Rumble Rush is fun as well, but it felt like it was too difficult to play through it without paying money to increase how many Pokemon you can get. That is a common issue with most of the Pokemon mobile games I've come across, but it felt more apparent here.

What is up with these mobile developers shutting down games after a single year? That makes little sense.

What is up with these mobile developers shutting down games after a single year? That makes little sense.
As mentioned earlier, these games rely on microtansactions to survive. They have barely promoted this game, so there is probably barely an audience for this game. And without an audience, this game cannot take advantage of micro transactions, thus no money for the company.

Its also just the Pokemon Company overestimating the succes of Pokemon Go, since they try to bank on that, considering the amount of Mobile Games that came out after Pokemon Go's initial succes which is proof its not working.

Another problem is that some countries (Mostly in Europe) have laws in place that prevent mobile games that heavily bank on Micro Transactions too release (Pokemon Masters isn't even available in my country).

Its also just the Pokemon Company overestimating the succes of Pokemon Go, since they try to bank on that, considering the amount of Mobile Games that came out after Pokemon Go's initial succes which is proof its not working.

Another problem is that some countries (Mostly in Europe) have laws in place that prevent mobile games that heavily bank on Micro Transactions too release (Pokemon Masters isn't even available in my country).
I thought it was more like TPC and GF’s concern over mobile games taking over the market, especially in Japan where mobile gaming is huge.

Sometimes they are not available for unknown reasons. Pokémon is popular here, and we don't have anti-microtransactions laws, but with the exception of Go no other Pokémon mobile game has reached my country. In fact, the only Nintendo mobile games we get are Mario games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom