• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Rumble World: Bad luck

Aezuica

That Sinnoh Guy
Reaction score
I've been playing Pokemon Rumble World for the past 17-18 hours, and as my first non-series Pokemon game, it's fun. I've grown quite fond of it, playing it more than I play AS or Y. It's a fairly easy game, but it can(and even will) get me angry from time to time. But, that only happens when it comes attempting to catch a "Poke-toy".

My first Legendary encounter was Groudon, and I was psyched to see him as the boss for the level. Luckily, I had the 'time-slower', so I was able to choose the correct level, the one that Groudon was in. But, I forgot an important thing; You might not catch them. I was devastated to see that big ring instead of a fallen, miniature Groudon on the ground. He shows up later, and it happened again. Then, as if mocking my failure in obtaining Groudon, an annoying and bulky Registeel popped up, not helping my mood. Then, it felt as if my luck has turned.
I saw a Regice. I used the slow-time and was able go to the correct area containing Regice. I thought the same thing was going to happen to Regice just like Groudon and Registeel, but it didn't, I caught the Regice! I felt relived from the suspense, and became a bit happy seeing a Palkia soon appear. I used the slow-time to get the chance to meet Palkia, and it worked. And, I was able to catch the Palkia! I was feeling pretty lucky when a Dialga appeared later too. But, in a turn of events, when I tapped it, it chose the area directly after where Dialga was...
As an experimental test, I closed the game and restarted it, hoping I would be able to get a redo. I was wrong. But thankfully, I was able to catch the Talonflame I was trying to catch for 5+ hours.

So, what Poke-toy did you try to catch but couldn't, either because of the miss click or that giant coin taking it's place?

Last edited:
I'm at about rank 60 now, so I've had tons that I tried for and failed. Last encounter fail was a ninetales.
Your best bet is to try to collect pokemon with the Gutsy trait, that'll increase the chance to make a poke wobble, which if you kill it while wobbling, its a guaranteed catch. Wobble animation is basically the poke wings around a little while stars pop above its head. It's fairly obvious when it actually happens. There are certain moves that make the poke more likely to wobble but theyre pretty rare, and most cant even learn em through a move tutor, but your best bet would be to get a Gutsy++ with one of those, I think Frost Breath, Storm Throw, and...something else, all increase wobble chance, as far as I know only legends learn those moves, so getting a gutsy++ legend is REALLLLY gonna be tough. However, you can also try False Swiping. I personally haven't had much luck, having spent 10 minutes straight just smacking the same Raticate over and over with false swipe from a Gutsy+ paras and it didn't wobble the whole time. wound up killing it out of frustration. Pretty sure I still need a raticate, actually. Remember to spend the diamonds on the Wobbly tree as well, as that will increase your chances too.

I'm at about rank 60 now, so I've had tons that I tried for and failed. Last encounter fail was a ninetales.
Your best bet is to try to collect pokemon with the Gutsy trait, that'll increase the chance to make a poke wobble, which if you kill it while wobbling, its a guaranteed catch. Wobble animation is basically the poke wings around a little while stars pop above its head. It's fairly obvious when it actually happens. There are certain moves that make the poke more likely to wobble but theyre pretty rare, and most cant even learn em through a move tutor, but your best bet would be to get a Gutsy++ with one of those, I think Frost Breath, Storm Throw, and...something else, all increase wobble chance, as far as I know only legends learn those moves, so getting a gutsy++ legend is REALLLLY gonna be tough. However, you can also try False Swiping. I personally haven't had much luck, having spent 10 minutes straight just smacking the same Raticate over and over with false swipe from a Gutsy+ paras and it didn't wobble the whole time. wound up killing it out of frustration. Pretty sure I still need a raticate, actually. Remember to spend the diamonds on the Wobbly tree as well, as that will increase your chances too.

My Regice used to have Frost Breath, but I replaced it with Ice Punch. I never really understood the point in Wobbly's, and I just started getting [insert special trait here]+'s, so it will take some time for me to get an extra, probably. I'm really low on Diamonds, I'm pretty sure I have around 15-18 left. I havn't connected to the internet and brought back some people yet, and I need one more person to get 10 Diamonds, so that should be about 25-28 Diamonds, and I can still do a couple objectives tops at the Castle to get some extra Diamonds.
I wish I had enough money to get some E-shop cards though, so I can buy 2.7k diamonds so I can get the 12-daily Diamonds. But until then, I'm just going to grind me some of those silver coins.

My Regice used to have Frost Breath, but I replaced it with Ice Punch. I never really understood the point in Wobbly's, and I just started getting [insert special trait here]+'s, so it will take some time for me to get an extra, probably. I'm really low on Diamonds, I'm pretty sure I have around 15-18 left. I havn't connected to the internet and brought back some people yet, and I need one more person to get 10 Diamonds, so that should be about 25-28 Diamonds, and I can still do a couple objectives tops at the Castle to get some extra Diamonds.
I wish I had enough money to get some E-shop cards though, so I can buy 2.7k diamonds so I can get the 12-daily Diamonds. But until then, I'm just going to grind me some of those silver coins.

You can probably put frsot breath back if you want, though itll prob cost 1 or 2 diamonds. I'm not sure what you mean by the 2.7k and the 12, maybe its different in other regions? Assuming you aren't in NA, I know here it's 3k diamonds, then the mine/digger gets you 20 daily. plus you can get the VIP cards, which are super helpful. Each one costs a lot of diamonds, but they'll pay for themselves quickly, One makes reinflates all cost 1 diamond, whether its 8 hours left or 1 minute, and the other makes the time slow for beating the roulette on stage choice only cost 1 diamond. Makes getting uncaptured pokes a lot easier.
If you want, add me on the 3DS and we can spot pass each other.

You can probably put frsot breath back if you want, though itll prob cost 1 or 2 diamonds. I'm not sure what you mean by the 2.7k and the 12, maybe its different in other regions? Assuming you aren't in NA, I know here it's 3k diamonds, then the mine/digger gets you 20 daily. plus you can get the VIP cards, which are super helpful. Each one costs a lot of diamonds, but they'll pay for themselves quickly, One makes reinflates all cost 1 diamond, whether its 8 hours left or 1 minute, and the other makes the time slow for beating the roulette on stage choice only cost 1 diamond. Makes getting uncaptured pokes a lot easier.
If you want, add me on the 3DS and we can spot pass each other.

When I got it, I bought some Diamonds, so I just need to buy pretty much all the others ones, and I thought the mine digger gave you 12-15 Diamonds per-day.

My first two chances to get Latias or Groudon (on my first and third Ruby Volcano trips) were both ruined by landing on Excadrill

I've tried getting both Kyogre and Latios but have had zero luck with either. Even worse? They've both killed me multiple times, which means I've had to blow Diamonds on those levels. Irritating.

At least I was able to nail Yveltal, Regice and Groudon. I love my Groudon. He's cooler than Kyogre anyway.

Right now I've been struggling with Genesect and Cresselia, and still the stinkin raticate, Honchkrows been a bit of a pain too, always dropping coins instead of their lifeless bodies.
Worse part is I have about 80 diamonds left and I've already bought the 3k limit, suddenly that 20 diamond a day mine doesn't seem so helpful. It's totally my fault, since I use them very loosely, but having almost 600 pokemon already is a pretty good benefit. Now I just need to finish it.

Slow-timer? What's that? I just go to whatever area it sends me, and it's a good way to kill 40 minutes while I clear every area once.

Slow-timer? What's that? I just go to whatever area it sends me, and it's a good way to kill 40 minutes while I clear every area once.

Further on in the game you unlock the ability to slow the roulette choice down (by spending diamonds) so that you can choose which area. It makes it easier to fill your dex when you have most of the pokes on that wheel, or to make sure you land on a 3 star field with a legendary

Encountered a Suicune, Latias, and a Cresselia all in the same day. I guess there's no point in posting what happened(spoiler: I got the big coin).

I have a suspicion that your combo count during a level might influence your chances of catching the boss. For example, I caught Manectric on the first try (combo count: 50+) and Garchomp on maybe the 3rd try (combo count: 40+ or so), yet after dozens of attempts I have yet to get Florges or Greninja (in both cases going directly for the boss itself, combo count: 10+). Of course this is only suspicion, but the coincidences seem to be piling up.

I have a suspicion that your combo count during a level might influence your chances of catching the boss. For example, I caught Manectric on the first try (combo count: 50+) and Garchomp on maybe the 3rd try (combo count: 40+ or so), yet after dozens of attempts I have yet to get Florges or Greninja (in both cases going directly for the boss itself, combo count: 10+). Of course this is only suspicion, but the coincidences seem to be piling up.

Time for some experimenting!

I've actually been noticing that finishing the boss (or any pokemon, really) with a base10 combo, where the pokemon you're trying to catch makes it an even 10, 20, 30, etc and does the coin bonus, seems to increase drop chance. So far I've been trying it out with bosses and managed to get 5/7 or so. It's sadly a little tough occasionally to time it right, the combo occasionally times out or some little runt add will get in the way and die, screwing up the count.

EDIT:
Make that 6/9. Did 2 more where I managed it. One got away (I forget what), and Emolga just dropped.
Also went after Tornadus (Incarnate form), but I didn't manage the combo well enough, paralyzed him and tried for that, as I feel like sometimes status helps too, though no actual proof of that concept, especially since I got coins instead of his shiny corpse

EDIT 2:
Rhyperior just dropped on a 10, so that's 7/10. Silly rhydon behin him got hit by a flash cannon from my Fantastic Registeel (with Gutsy+, I'm so proud) and screwed up my 59, then the counter time out.

Last edited:

I've actually been noticing that finishing the boss (or any pokemon, really) with a base10 combo, where the pokemon you're trying to catch makes it an even 10, 20, 30, etc and does the coin bonus, seems to increase drop chance. So far I've been trying it out with bosses and managed to get 5/7 or so. It's sadly a little tough occasionally to time it right, the combo occasionally times out or some little runt add will get in the way and die, screwing up the count.

EDIT:
Make that 6/9. Did 2 more where I managed it. One got away (I forget what), and Emolga just dropped.
Also went after Tornadus (Incarnate form), but I didn't manage the combo well enough, paralyzed him and tried for that, as I feel like sometimes status helps too, though no actual proof of that concept, especially since I got coins instead of his shiny corpse

EDIT 2:
Rhyperior just dropped on a 10, so that's 7/10. Silly rhydon behin him got hit by a flash cannon from my Fantastic Registeel (with Gutsy+, I'm so proud) and screwed up my 59, then the counter time out.

Interesting, but does defeating them quickly/slowly also have an affect on them?

Not really sure, I haven't been paying attention to the time or the actual amount of the combo. It'll definitely take some more research, probably be good if I started a log for it, not sure if I have the time to right now though.

Kyurem hates me. I'm not kidding; I've tried recruiting it multiple times and it just won't drop. Instead, it shifts into a giant coin and laughs at me while I spend more Diamonds trying to recruit it again.

Kyurem hates me. I'm not kidding; I've tried recruiting it multiple times and it just won't drop. Instead, it shifts into a giant coin and laughs at me while I spend more Diamonds trying to recruit it again.

I swear, that happens to me the majority of the time. I have an opportunity to complete whole stages, but that one just doesn't want to get caught. It's even more worse when you have to pick between legendaries, because I had to choose between either Ho-oh or Suicune.

Whether it's legendaries or normal Pokemon, the boss stages continue to evade me terribly. X_X Countless times I have tried to defeat bosses like Chesnaught or Greninja or such, but yet, nothing. D: I'm only one/two/three Pokemon away from beating the Fire/Water/Grass balloon stages but yet these boss Pokemon evade me. It drives me nuts! D: I'm only at level 20 so I'm not as far as you guys yet but still...it irks me. I wish there was a definite way to get them wobbly and defeated, but until then I guess I'll keep experimenting. o3o.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom