• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Chloe going with Ash to Paldea. Just leave Goh behind. Can't deal with that guy for another 3-4 years.
Goh just doesn't have the staying power. One of my biggest complaints about him is the handling of his goal and how it just doesn't work for the anime. There's no excitement in watching him just effortlessly catch Pokemon he never uses. There's no reason to continue to do this for another 3-4 years.

I'm pretty sure Project Mew was created because they realized he needs another way of achieving his goal of catching Mew, plus captures were significantly reduced after. Eithe way, he's accomplished part of his goal. He's now been accepted as a Project Mew chaser. Its possible they'll have a couple episodes dedicated to him before he and Ash reunite and wrap things up. But either way, there's just nowhere to go with him for another 3-4 years. Whether they find Mew or not, Goh is a member and he can continue to follow his dream with Project Mew. He's had his time. Now its time for someone new.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Chloe going with Ash to Paldea.

Well, I do! Chloe should be put in a cabinet labeled 'How not to write a semi-important female character'.

Anything they start with Chloe, writers could just do with a completely new character. There's nothing significant that she can carry over to the next chapter.

Last edited:
I'll repost what I said in another thread:

I think there will be a new anime after Journeys but after denying it for so long, I am open to the idea that it won't feature Ash anymore. They really are hyping up the end of the match like it's the climax of Ash's entire story. I still think he returns it but I'd say there's a non-zero chance that Ash's story could be ending

The saddest thing about the possibility of SV anime not coming would be having another 3+ years of 1-2-3 as an opening song.
I seriously hope SV series is happening. It makes absolutely no sense to continue Journeys for another 3-4 years. I seriously hate that they refused to make a new opening song also. I got so sick of 1-2-3.

I'll repost what I said in another thread:

I think there will be a new anime after Journeys but after denying it for so long, I am open to the idea that it won't feature Ash anymore. They really are hyping up the end of the match like it's the climax of Ash's entire story. I still think he returns it but I'd say there's a non-zero chance that Ash's story could be ending
Don’t forget, they also hyped up the Alola League finals by going through all his past leagues. Plus this is the 25th anniversary series. It’s pretty much marketing basics that they want to hype it up.

I don't think the writers will use ideas that need you to be familiar with all past PokeAni sagas. PokeAni exists to introduce a new generation of kids to the concept of Pokémon and what a trainer's journey is like.

Seeing as school is going to feature heavily in SV, maybe Ash will attend the school featured in SV, or have a companion from it.

I don't think the writers will use ideas that need you to be familiar with all past PokeAni sagas. PokeAni exists to introduce a new generation of kids to the concept of Pokémon and what a trainer's journey is like.

Seeing as school is going to feature heavily in SV, maybe Ash will attend the school featured in SV, or have a companion from it.
I'm not thinking that's gonna happen, as I don't believe that there will be a Paldea anime.

I'm not thinking that's gonna happen, as I don't believe that there will be a Paldea anime.
The alternative doesn't sound too likely to me. I don't see Ash and Goh traveling around forever with throwing Paldea into the mix. There just isn't much left to do with Journeys as it is story wise, so making a new anime series makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom