• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that Ash gets one of the new starters this time around. I think it was a bad choice to give all of the Galar starters to just one character. That didn't really to give Ash all three starters, so unsurprisingly it didn't really work out well to do that with Goh either. The starters tend to be handled better when they're distributed among the cast and since Goh isn't too into battling, we didn't see the Galar starters battle that often.

Admittedly, I don't know if Sobble or Grookey would have fared better with screentime and development given how Ash's Journeys team has been handled. Aside from Lucario and maybe Sirfecht'd, they really haven't had a decent amount of screentime or development. But at the same time, we'd probably get to see them battling a decent amount at least. While it's probably the least of the problems with Ash's Journeys team, I think giving him either Sobble or Grookey would have been better. I would have preferred that over Dracovish at least. Aside from battling against Iris, I really don't know if it's done anything after being caught. It just feels like the most expendable of Ash's current Pokemon.

Out of the three, I think Fuecoco would work with Ash the most. I think that their personalities could click well with each other. Quaxly would be a fun choice too.

No school please. And no more Go, he really needs to go.

Even though Sprigatito is the "cute" starter I could imagine Ash with it. The description of being jealous when the trainer pays attention to other Pokémon scream anime!Bayleef to me. It's a cat too maybe there will be rivalry with Pikachu.

I really hope that Ash gets one of the new starters this time around. I think it was a bad choice to give all of the Galar starters to just one character. That didn't really to give Ash all three starters, so unsurprisingly it didn't really work out well to do that with Goh either. The starters tend to be handled better when they're distributed among the cast and since Goh isn't too into battling, we didn't see the Galar starters battle that often.

Admittedly, I don't know if Sobble or Grookey would have fared better with screentime and development given how Ash's Journeys team has been handled. Aside from Lucario and maybe Sirfecht'd, they really haven't had a decent amount of screentime or development. But at the same time, we'd probably get to see them battling a decent amount at least. While it's probably the least of the problems with Ash's Journeys team, I think giving him either Sobble or Grookey would have been better. I would have preferred that over Dracovish at least. Aside from battling against Iris, I really don't know if it's done anything after being caught. It just feels like the most expendable of Ash's current Pokemon.

Out of the three, I think Fuecoco would work with Ash the most. I think that their personalities could click well with each other. Quaxly would be a fun choice too.
Personally, I think they probably would have fared better under Ash’s care. While Ash’s Pokémon’s screentime really wasn’t great in this saga, chances are that that would have probably been adjusted more since the writers seem to place some importance on showing starter Pokémon each saga since they’re basically the mascots of a given region.

On top of that, being under Ash, they would have at least had more to do vs being under Go. Even with how they botched the screentime of Ash’s Pokémon, we’d at very least have training, evolution and PWC battles to feature them in and give them something to do. Compare that to Go in which a lot of the time, his Pokémon were pretty passive, just sitting around not getting much to do. It wasn’t until Project Mew happened that his Pokémon started to really take an active part in his goal and even then, those would only come up once in a blue moon. Had they distributed the starters among the main cast, we could have had the starters being given something to do no matter which character’s goal was being focused on.

Given the in-game character designs that we saw in today's trailer, if Satoshi does continue in the anime post PWC (I mean, I don't see why he wouldn't but the anime sometimes tends to throw a curve ball) then I'm expected a massive redesign for him. I'm also expecting a reboot of sorts given how much fanservice this saga has had.

I just hope they don't screw over PokeSpain characters like they did Galar ones. That's ALL I ask.

I don't even need ALL of them to appear--which never happens anyway--but just enough to be satisfying and refreshing after how the producers treated the Galar characters like dirt for NO reason. :cry:

I for one, would not mind at all if they ignore the MC's outfit when translating Ash into S/V... ;)
The writers typically do whenever the MC’s outfit doesn’t fit Ash. I can’t really see them putting him in a school uniform so they’ll probably give him an original look.

Also hoping that Nemona doesn’t get the Hau/Hop treatment since it’d be nice to see Ash get his first main female rival especially after how badly they dropped the ball with female rep in Journeys.

I really hope that Ash gets one of the new starters this time around. I think it was a bad choice to give all of the Galar starters to just one character.

I agree. Ash should catch Fuecoco. Maybe he can catch Lechonk as well!
Even though Sprigatito is the "cute" starter I could imagine Ash with it. The description of being jealous when the trainer pays attention to other Pokémon scream anime!Bayleef to me. It's a cat too maybe there will be rivalry with Pikachu.
I think Sprigatito belongs to the female protagonist if she is gonna appear in the anime. Maybe she will catch a Smoliv as well.

My only real desires are that Ash and Goh remain.
Two of my favorite characters of any franchise.

I’m trying to not get my hopes up about Goh staying, unfortunately. Ash is a little less of a concern since I literally can’t imagine an anime without Ash and by extension Pikachu, the mascot of the franchise.

Last edited:
I'm trying to not get my hopes up about Goh staying, unfortunately. Ash is a little less of a concern since I literally can’t imagine an anime without Ash and by extension Pikachu, the mascot of the franchise.
I feel like If he goes to the gen 9 region, Goh would catch Quaxly and If the female protagonist does not appear in the anime, Goh will catch Sprigatito, Pawmi, and Smoliv. While Ash will catch Lechonk and Fuecoco.

I don't want the name of new season is pokemon scarlet and violet as I wanted this season's name is pokemon shield and sword but the name is pokemon 2019

It's worth noting that the rival schools theory isn't confirmed, and is sort of disproven by the trailer.

Notice the two buildings people assume are schools are identical, save for the insignia. If both schools were going to exist within the story, they would have been given unique designs (like the players house), rather than being copy/pasted.
It is true! nothing is confirmed! -w-'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom