• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has likely already been said somewhere, but I think we can expect leaks for the anime starting around September.

Also, there is apparently a rumor going around that the next series will have CGI. I saw a comment about it on the forums at Serebii.net.

I really don't know what to feel because I'm pretty sure Penny will be the new Eevee-girl based off her Eevee backpack and just.... gahhhhhh PLEASE no more unevolved Eevee who amounts to jack shit at the end I'M BEGGING YOU.
She is one of the rivals, she likely isn't going to be a traveling companion.

But hey... what if both of the player characters from ScarVio are Ash's traveling companions this gen? Probably won't happen but I hope it does. Especially since based on the leaks it looks like all the gym leaders are adults so none of them would really be backpacking across the region with a ten-year-old Japanese boy.

Is she one of the rivals tho? I think they only confirmed Nemona as the (main) rival.

And Idk, they just show us a girl who's not introduced as (or at least leaves any clue she might be) a rival and just straight up give her a ginourmous Eevee backpack? Yeah, I can tell exactly what her role in the anime will be. Just hope she's a Dawn and not a Goh when the series actually airs.

This has likely already been said somewhere, but I think we can expect leaks for the anime starting around September.

Also, there is apparently a rumor going around that the next series will have CGI. I saw a comment about it on the forums at Serebii.net.
seems possible to me!

That rumor also states that the anime will be rebooted, and it might just end up being a remake of the OS.

Is she one of the rivals tho? I think they only confirmed Nemona as the (main) rival.

And Idk, they just show us a girl who's not introduced as (or at least leaves any clue she might be) a rival and just straight up give her a ginourmous Eevee backpack? Yeah, I can tell exactly what her role in the anime will be. Just hope she's a Dawn and not a Goh when the series actually airs.
She's confirmed a rival. Rivals have never been main characters in the anime. At most she'll be ignored most of the series and only appear a few times anyway like the past few series.

Anyhow I don't know why people think a character will be the new Brock or whatever, most characters revealed early on never become a major part of the show.

Also, there is apparently a rumor going around that the next series will have CGI. I saw a comment about it on the forums at Serebii.net
Didn't the series start using CGI since middle AG? Or is this meant to be something a la M22?

Didn't the series start using CGI since middle AG? Or is this meant to be something a la M22?
According to rumors, it would be like M22. And I believe that such a thing would basically be a full on remake of the OS, featuring Ash, Misty, and Brock traveling across the Kanto region, this time in full CGI.

And all of them require Ash to be reset. It's hard to imagine the greatest trainer in the world doing a simple Gym challenge or going to school. This will definitely be BW 2.0.
None of those require Ash to reset considering he literally is known for raising teams up from the ground up sans Pikachu. Ash has never been the person who looks down on a challenge or considers it lesser than him. He went from conquering the Battle Frontier, something that was stated to be higher up than gyms to doing the gyms of Sinnoh and from the top 2 in Kalos to going to school in Alola long before a league was even established as happening. Fans really have no place in dictation of what Ash will challenge since if they writers can think of a reason for Ash to take on a challenge, he will.

According to rumors, it would be like M22. And I believe that such a thing would basically be a full on remake of the OS, featuring Ash, Misty, and Brock traveling across the Kanto region, this time in full CGI.
I don't want a remake of the OS. Unless they are actually setting it in
Paldea
and it's an alternate universe sort of thing, but at that point, you might as well just have an entirely new cast.

But hey... what if both of the player characters from ScarVio are Ash's traveling companions this gen? Probably won't happen but I hope it does. Especially since based on the leaks it looks like all the gym leaders are adults so none of them would really be backpacking across the region with a ten-year-old Japanese boy.
We haven't seen the Psychic-type Gym Leader yet. They might be a young kid.

I really don't know what to feel because I'm pretty sure Penny will be the new Eevee-girl based off her Eevee backpack and just.... gahhhhhh PLEASE no more unevolved Eevee who amounts to jack shit at the end I'M BEGGING YOU.
With how much the anime seems to love saddling the designated girl with an Eevee only to make them both borderline useless in the grand scheme of things... it's sadly a very high possibility. At least Penny has a more interesting design than Chloe's imo. Also, she seems to have a plus/minus theme to her design, implying that Plusle and Minun could also be Pokemon she uses, and maybe those are her actual companions while the Eevee bag is just a plushie she uses for comfort... I mean, all the non-evolving MC Eevees have essentially been cuddly plushies for the girls and little else, so it'd make perfect sense to just have an actual Eevee plushie this time around since it's not like they do anything cool or interesting with the real things anyway...

I don’t think they’d be willing to make the jump to CGI when the rest of the anime isn’t. It’d be way too drastic of a change and they know that it would be a controversial decision that would lose people.
And as mentioned earlier, when they have used CG it's mostly for rare occasions these days (the 3D camera for XY, Eternatus for Journeys and even Ash's Z Ring for a few seconds in the first Sun and Moon episode).

With how much the anime seems to love saddling the designated girl with an Eevee only to make them both borderline useless in the grand scheme of things... it's sadly a very high possibility. At least Penny has a more interesting design than Chloe's imo. Also, she seems to have a plus/minus theme to her design, implying that Plusle and Minun could also be Pokemon she uses, and maybe those are her actual companions while the Eevee bag is just a plushie she uses for comfort... I mean, all the non-evolving MC Eevees have essentially been cuddly plushies for the girls and little else, so it'd make perfect sense to just have an actual Eevee plushie this time around since it's not like they do anything cool or interesting with the real things anyway...
The worst part is because I just know they won't ever give up having an Eevee on the main cast. If not Penny, then some other poor girl will get handed an Eevee and that's gonna be her whole role and personality.

I feel like I would want Penny to be the "Girl with an Eevee" (if she's a 100% necessary) tho, and for a good reason: it's better to be her than a probable Girl MC or an anime OC because Penny at least seems to have something going on for her considering her shy personality and the fact that there seems to be something else to her than what meets the eye, considering she barely attends the school.

If it's the Girl MC or an OC, her entire personality is gonna be "I'm a girl and I have an Eevee!". At least Penny has something else going on for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom