• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For something tangentially related, here's a tweet from Iwane Masaaki showing the new starters:

It also seems that he is just as surprised as we are that a new mainline game is coming out this year; he thought that the current anime/generation would continue for at least another year.

Joueney's structure means they can carry the premise as long as they want. For all we know they'll have Ash and Goh still doing their thing, just with trips to the new region thrown in. Though I'd like to be wrong.

At the very least I want Goh gone with the worst way...

Joueney's structure means they can carry the premise as long as they want. For all we know they'll have Ash and Goh still doing their thing, just with trips to the new region thrown in. Though I'd like to be wrong.

At the very least I want Goh gone with the worst way...
But then what is the alternative? He'd just be replaced by another male companion who either doesn't do much like Brock or a character like Cilan not many liked, or someone like Clemont who was handled good but not as much as he could of been. Every time they bring in a new male companion people have problems with them, so what else is there to do?

I remember people saying the same thing about Cilan and Clemont and how they wanted the next male companion to get more screentime. It's obvious some people will never be satisfied.

For something tangentially related, here's a tweet from Iwane Masaaki showing the new starters:

It also seems that he is just as surprised as we are that a new mainline game is coming out this year; he thought that the current anime/generation would continue for at least another year.

Even Iwane knows there's a possibility SV will be rushed lmao. As much as I adore the new Starters, I agree. I feel that Gen 9 is coming too soon. However, hopefully the writers are using this time to plan what they want to do with it though.

If what Iwane is saying is true it really doesn't sound like they have a new series planned. Usually the pre-planning of a new anime series happens almost a year ahead of time especially with drastic art style changes like SM had, or even XY from BW. Maybe they just intend to continue Journies into next gen. If they don't even have new main characters planned with voice actors hired to voice them either.

I think my only real prediction for this series is it will have another co-star like PM19. Whether Gou continues on to the next series or we get a whole brand-new character is still up in the air but I get the feeling we won't return to the Satoshi + side characters route again, at least not yet.

I suppose it is possible that PM19 could just continue through this generation, especially because it's not branded as "Sword and Shield" and doesn't have a heavy reliance on the region. They could possibly just introduce this new region as a mini-arc then go back to the region-hopping premise. I'm sure it's easier from a story-planning perspective since it most likely doesn't take nearly as much planning ahead. However, the production team may enjoy the chance to refresh / reset the show every few years so I'm not sure if they'd want to pass up the opportunity.

I also wonder who makes the final call when it would come to if the show would continue on in its current format or would become a more traditional "Scarlet / Violet" series. The Pokemon Company? Nintendo? Surely someone higher up than the writing team, right?

But then what is the alternative? He'd just be replaced by another male companion who either doesn't do much like Brock or a character like Cilan not many liked, or someone like Clemont who was handled good but not as much as he could of been. Every time they bring in a new male companion people have problems with them, so what else is there to do?
That's really the case with every character though. There aren't any absolutely flawless characters in the anime, or any series for that matter. Even if they put their best foot forward, people are going to have complaints about any new character introduced. I also really doubt that they'd care about what long time fans think about these characters, or at least to the point where it would be a huge factor in determining what they'd do for a new male companion. Although, I'd say that Clemont probably had the least amount of backlash out of the examples you mentioned. People often bring up that he didn't get to do much after his battle with Ash, but I don't think it was a huge issue compared to Cilan or even Brock. I don't recall too many complaints about Kiawe either. I think people didn't care for Sophocles, even though he got better focus episodes as SM progressed.

Besides all that, I don't think that the solution to people not complain about the male companion is to keep Goh. I really love Goh, but the backlash towards him has been intense from the start. There are definitely some valid complaints, but it's also definitely gone too far in my opinion. People will complain about new characters regardless.

I remember people saying the same thing about Cilan and Clemont and how they wanted the next male companion to get more screentime. It's obvious some people will never be satisfied.
In this case, I think it's less of a issue of people not being satisfied and more like characters aren't going to have absolutely flawless writing.

If what Iwane is saying is true it really doesn't sound like they have a new series planned. Usually the pre-planning of a new anime series happens almost a year ahead of time especially with drastic art style changes like SM had, or even XY from BW. Maybe they just intend to continue Journies into next gen. If they don't even have new main characters planned with voice actors hired to voice them either.
I have my doubts about that. I'm sure that he wouldn't want to reveal a new series in a random tweet. They usually don't announce a new anime series until the summer or early fall before they're set to premiere. I'm also not sure how well informed the production staff would be in regards to the main series games, especially when he is an animator. Honestly, I took his reaction more like a hint at Journeys wrapping up sooner than he expected instead of not having a new anime in the planning stage.

Gou needs to be dropped, the partnership ending with Journeys.

He just doesn't work with the anime, there is so many contrived things about him.

And the worst part is that the staff actively enforce, and justify, them.

I think that this region is similar to england. Maybe it is galar region number two hahaha.

I thought that they will use all of expo 2020 and qatar world 2022 as idea for the pokemon region.

Also, The grass opening pokemon is meowth number two. The water pokemon is ducklet number. And maybe the fire one os darmacka unova form or crocodile.

Whay i will not allow or accept os not having vpices and talk during the story at all

Who gets the Among Us Crocodile, then?
Well i forgot tje pokemon that nearby to looks like the fire pokemon hahahaha ^^.

I remember is similar ro pokemon but i forgot.aybe crocodile maybe bit i reber is similar to someone hahaha.

maybe darmaca the fire one

Last edited:
Man it’s still weird to think that gen 9 is official

It’s kinda hard to speculate rn, but I’m keen to see what they can come up with.
Since SM the anime’s really broke out of thr formula, the results are mixed but it’s been interesting to watch. Ash definitely isn’t going anywhere and this is likely the end of Goh and Chloe. Tbh I’ll kinda miss them as flawed as they were.

I hope they still find a way to maintain the continuity tho. I don’t want it to be all self contained like XY. I enjoyed seeing familiar faces come back regularly throughout Journeys and there’s still a fair amount of characters that haven’t debuted/been expanded upon yet. You don’t have to do the world tour/PWC again, but maybe just having certain chars come back for fillers or pokemon development. It wouldn’t make or break the series but makes the world feel more interconnected and can reward long term fans. I hope Ash’s goal is also more open ended in some way, that still allows it to happen

Man it’s still weird to think that gen 9 is official

It’s kinda hard to speculate rn, but I’m keen to see what they can come up with.
Since SM the anime’s really broke out of thr formula, the results are mixed but it’s been interesting to watch. Ash definitely isn’t going anywhere and this is likely the end of Goh and Chloe. Tbh I’ll kinda miss them as flawed as they were.

I hope they still find a way to maintain the continuity tho. I don’t want it to be all self contained like XY. I enjoyed seeing familiar faces come back regularly throughout Journeys and there’s still a fair amount of characters that haven’t debuted/been expanded upon yet. You don’t have to do the world tour/PWC again, but maybe just having certain chars come back for fillers or pokemon development. It wouldn’t make or break the series but makes the world feel more interconnected and can reward long term fans. I hope Ash’s goal is also more open ended in some way, that still allows it to happen
Yeah the worst part of 1 region is going to be the lack of continuity again if XY and the first half of BW are any indication. If this series was Galar only than 90% of the old character cameos would have never happened, maybe not even Dawn either.

Not to mention getting to see game characters like Lisia I never thought we'd see. If some of the Galar Gym leaders don't appear by this series end we could theoretically get them next year if the series continues the world tour format.

It's based on Spain.

Amogus

I meant that the fire eopening pokemon from this season is similar to someone but i forgot. Maybe is similar to darmaca or crocodile or sandile.

Really based in spain. Well, i thought that they will use all of expo 2020 and qatar world cup 2022 as idea for the pokemon region specially that expo 2020 is began in octlber 2021 and will finish after this month. And qatar world cup in 2022 and the also before week chelease won in world cup in my country uae so i thought that maybe they will use the arabian countries, the middle east and arabian gulf oman gulf as the region for pokemon.

But i didn't know that it is based in spain.

First of all, no guys, Ash is not dropping from the anime. Get over this.

So, here's my wishlist for the S/V anime:

• Worldbuilding: I actually really loved how much they built the Pokéworld, especialy in Alola. I just really want them to go all out in this new region, and make the most out of it. God knows how much JN crashed and burned in this aspect.
  • No Goh: seriously, just give him the boot already.
  • A proper female main character: They really dropped the ball with this one in JN, because Chloe wasn't done well and even to this day, she's still getting forgotten by the writers unless there's an Eevee-related thing in an ep. I want a Dawn-like character who's an excelent deuteragonist and has an unique plot, and doesn't clogs the screentime, unlike Goh.
  • The new region in focus: I frankly don't ever wanna see any region suffering through what Galar did, and I don't want the same to happen to the S/V region. I wanna see the locations, characters, and new Pokémon regaining their deserved focus.
This is just some, at least of what I could think of rn, lol

Last edited:
We haven't had a Dawn type character in 12 years. If there's no major secondary goal in the games there's never going to be a female character who gets a lot of sceentime again. Also the last female companion who battled regularly was Iris so even in terms of the female companion battling often hasn't happened in over 8 years. I don't expect that to change.

Just because they never mentioned anything about gyms doesn't mean they won't be in it. we'll have to wait a few months to know anything.
Open world structure emphasizes catching pokemon or story based missions, so it's one of the reasons I expect there to be no Gyms. Also am I remembering wrong or when Sword/Shield were revealed they revealed Gyms would be returning right away since they were absent in the SM games?

The lack of any mention of a Gym structure in these games makes me think they're not in them.

Yeah the worst part of 1 region is going to be the lack of continuity again if XY and the first half of BW are any indication. If this series was Galar only than 90% of the old character cameos would have never happened, maybe not even Dawn either.

Not to mention getting to see game characters like Lisia I never thought we'd see. If some of the Galar Gym leaders don't appear by this series end we could theoretically get them next year if the series continues the world tour format.
I don't think that being locked to one region necessarily means that there would be a lack of continuity. That definitely wasn't an issue for DP and even BW had more continuity than XY did. XY's lack of continuity nods wasn't due to them being set in Kalos. It was just a decision made by the staff given everything else going on in that series. While we probably wouldn't have gotten a lot of the returning characters without this world tour setup, I think Dawn probably would have shown up at least. Yeah, May wasn't used for OR/AS promotion, but I think Dawn is more popular and having a popular Pokemon like Piplup as her starter definitely would have given her an edge regardless.

Seeing the Galar Gym leaders eventually sounds nice, but it also just feels kind of hollow when Ash isn't going to battle them most likely. As much as it would be cool to see them in the anime, I'd rather that they provide proper focus on the new characters and Pokemon instead of catching up on showcasing Galar characters.

We haven't had a Dawn type character in 12 years. If there's no major secondary goal in the games there's never going to be a female character who gets a lot of sceentime again. Also the last female companion who battled regularly was Iris so even in terms of the female companion battling often hasn't happened in over 8 years. I don't expect that to change.
I find that incredibly sad. Just the idea of a main female lead not getting a lot of screentime again or even battling regularly sounds rather depressing to me. Granted, I didn't care for much, if any, of Iris' battles, but having the female leads being more on the sidelines has been an issue since at least SM. It arguably started in BW since Iris' focus and role was much less than Dawn's and Serena's goal didn't involve battling either. That isn't to say that there haven't been good female leads since Dawn, but the idea that they'll never give the female lead a lot of screentime again or make them more battle active is just sad. I don't know how much I expect that to change. Again, a lot of this depends on what the games have to offer and how many female characters are in the games, but I do hope that they can change how they've handled the female leads for the future. I'd much rather have some hope for improvement instead of firmly believing that nothing will change and the female leads will continue to be on the sidelines forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom