• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a big fan of the new region's name, I will keep calling it Citeria.

They can still pull off having Satoshi doing Gyms; new Pokemon, and a gimmick that he is not used to and will need time to master.

But if they keep Gou, I will skip the whole series.
That would mean that the staff hasn't learnt anything and the asspulls will continue.

I figure around next month we might get our sneak peak at the SV series. I do hope that we'll be sticking to Paldea really. I hope also that Penny especially is among the main cast members. I think Ash, Arven, and Penny would make for a good trio with a good mix of personalities. I think we just need a solid trio after SuMo gave us the most amount of main cast members and Journeys giving us the least amount of main cast members.

In my opinion, nothing like that will happen.
Satoshi is not the type of person who prefers to use transports on a daily basis.
He always preferred to travel on foot than to use means of transport.
They managed to adapt him using ride Pokémon. It is safe to say he’ll ride Koraidon or Miraidon for at least one episode arc,
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's Pikachu's Tera Type turned out to be Flying to tie in with the preorder bonus Pikachu.

Yeah chances are it's just going to be electric or if they really want to make use of the type changing aspect then steel sense Pikachu already has a move that can make use of that.
They’ll probably give Ash's Pikachu some special ability exclusive to his Pikachu only, negating all of these concerns.

Not necessarily. Ash's Pikachu can Gigantamax, which is not exclusive to him.
Where did I say it happens every time? I just think it will happen with the Crystal thing (can’t be bothered to Google the spelling right now xD)- because I can’t see them binding Pikachu to just one extra type.

We might not even get a Paldea anime.
Dude, what you been smokin'? :ROFLMAO:

The Pokemon TV Show will continue until the end of time. Or whenever franchise as whole stops being profitable. Whichever comes first.

It doesn't matter how good or bad the Show is, or many or few people are watching. As long as the games, toys, trading cards, and other merch makes money, the TV Show will continue :p

Last edited:
I'd really, really like the next anime to go back to the roots of having Ash (it's gonna be Ash as always, I've made peace with this) and his companions traveling around. Of course, this doesn't mean we need to have endless fillers featuring Camerupt ranches and saving random Pokemon from Team Rocket. I'd like for the overall tone to be similar to the best parts of DP, XY, and Journeys.

I'd really, really like the next anime to go back to the roots of having Ash (it's gonna be Ash as always, I've made peace with this) and his companions traveling around. Of course, this doesn't mean we need to have endless fillers featuring Camerupt ranches and saving random Pokemon from Team Rocket. I'd like for the overall tone to be similar to the best parts of DP, XY, and Journeys.
Hopefully they don't enroll Ash in another school then since that's what's in the games

Kinda funny. The last decade they have experienced with serious series (XY), comedic series (SM) and a combination (Journeys). Whatever comes next wil probably be "Hey it is a clone of XY,/SM/JN"

Even if everything in Journeys is forgotten, it will be on everyone's mind whatever Ash will do in Paldea.

Now what can they do with Ash? Will he challenge The Champion Rank? When you think about it, it kinda sounds like a water-down version of the current PWC. Champion- like trainers in one region instead of many trainers in one global tournament.

Will Ash go the school? Whatever they do it will never be the same as the Pokémon School in Alola. It won't have the same vibe or tone. And you can also ask yourself: "after the PWC, does Ash really NEEDS to go to school?"

Will Gou or Chloe be in gen 9? I doubt it. I mean if Gou fails to catch Mew, he will probably chase after it with Gary and co.
As for Chloe, sure she can still come to Paldea, but for what? To be an Eevee mascot, while Penny will fulfill the exact same role? Or to be as indecisive as in Journeys?

Or they do something totally different. Knowing the writers, I wouldn't be surprised.
I want his next to become a Pokémon Master be something personal, not to prove his strength, he does that in the PWC.

Worst case scenario: a total reset.

Will Gou or Chloe be in gen 9? I doubt it. I mean if Gou fails to catch Mew, he will probably chase after it with Gary and co.
As for Chloe, sure she can still come to Paldea, but for what? To be an Eevee mascot, while Penny will fulfill the exact same role? Or to be as indecisive as in Journeys?
I think they could stay on Gen 9
1) Gou:
- Mew's expedition was supposed to last only a week (and it will take place in JN), so it can quickly return to Satoshi

- his dream of catching all the Pokémon might enable him to stay

2) Koharu:
- she is a student, and there is a school in Paldea, so she can go there for an exchange

I think they could stay on Gen 9
1) Gou:
- Mew's expedition was supposed to last only a week (and it will take place in JN), so it can quickly return to Satoshi

- his dream of catching all the Pokémon might enable him to stay

2) Koharu:
- she is a student, and there is a school in Paldea, so she can go there for an exchange
It is a possibility, but idk. There a new characters to promote and both Chloe and Gou are kinda controversial in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom